The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Which Royals Are Good Friends? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/which-royals-are-good-friends-2499.html)

carlota 06-04-2004 12:45 PM

Which Royals Are Good Friends?

are there any relations between crown princes/princesses, princes/princesses, nobility members and kings/queens of friendship? do you think there are royals who are really friends of other one?

to start i would say the very close relation between mette marit and victoria and the (new) friendship between maxima and letizia. we could also see masako and mathilde chating in a very informal and friendly environment.
about princes haakon and frederik seem to be very close and good friends and felipe and his cousins (luis alfonso de borbon, for example) too.

timtonruben359 06-04-2004 02:43 PM

I know that Queen Elizabeth II is very good friends with Queen Sonja of Norway.

Prince Charles is close to King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa of Spain he and the late Princess of Wales along with William and Harry used to vaction with the Spanish King and Queen often. Queen Elizabeth II is also friends with the King of Spain.

The Queens of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden are all good friends as well.

I remember reading somewhere that Queen Elizabeth II is not too found of Queen Beatrix though...I can't remember the exact reason but I think Queen Elizabeth II feels that Queen Beatrix is too "full of herself"....I'll try and find it again...nothing like good royal infighting ;)

xicamaluca 06-04-2004 03:06 PM

King Juan Carlos is a very good friend of Queen Beatrix. Queen Sofia is very close to her sister, Princess Irene of Greece

CP Felipe is a very good friend of CP Victoria and Prince Nikolas (they are cousins) ;)

heyyyy 06-04-2004 03:07 PM

Prince Ali and Crown Princess (victoria) of sweden are friends :)

Jelka 06-04-2004 03:11 PM

Princess Mathilde and Princess Maxima are friends too! They have been seen, when they (=Philippe and Mathilde) were going out of the door from W-A & Maxima's house after a dinner there.

carlota 06-04-2004 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by timtonruben359@Jun 4th, 2004 - 1:43 pm

Prince Charles is close to King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofa of Spain he and the late Princess of Wales along with William and Harry used to vaction with the Spanish King and Queen often. Queen Elizabeth II is also friends with the King of Spain.

that's true! there is a photo of juan carlos hugging harry when they went to palma de mayorca for holiday when he was very little. also there were (nearly all) the spanish royal family with charles, diana, william and harry...

Quote:

I remember reading somewhere that Queen Elizabeth II is not too found of Queen Beatrix though...I can't remember the exact reason but I think Queen Elizabeth II feels that Queen Beatrix is too "full of herself"....I'll try and find it again...nothing like good royal infighting ;)
maybe because she is now the most powerful and the richer queen of all europe (title which elizabeth had a few years ago) :P

Quote:

Princess Mathilde and Princess Maxima are friends too! They have been seen, when they (=Philippe and Mathilde) were going out of the door from W-A & Maxima's house after a dinner there.
aww! i would really like to see that photo of clever maxima and sweet mathilde toghether!!

Quote:

really? :huh: they don't seem to have compatible characthers... :P

Alisa 06-04-2004 06:45 PM

If I may because two royals are seen conversating doesn't mean they are good friends. :flower:

timtonruben359 06-04-2004 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carlota@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:51 pm

Quote:

really? :huh: they don't seem to have compatible characthers... :P

According to several biographies I have read, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja are indeed very close friends. Several staffmembers say that when Queen Elizabeth and Queen Sonja are talking on the phone together they are not to interupt them unless it's a life and death emergency.

sara1981 06-05-2004 12:08 AM

Prince Charles been friends with Crown Prince Phillipe of Belgium someone said that!

Sara Boyce

Dennism 06-05-2004 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by timtonruben359+Jun 4th, 2004 - 11:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timtonruben359 @ Jun 4th, 2004 - 11:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:51 pm

Quote:

really? :huh: they don&#39;t seem to have compatible characthers... :P

According to several biographies I have read, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sonja are indeed very close friends. Several staffmembers say that when Queen Elizabeth and Queen Sonja are talking on the phone together they are not to interupt them unless it&#39;s a life and death emergency. [/b][/quote]
O, no. This is not good. Grand Duchess Denise Niemand von Nergens-Ingenstans will have to break off her friendship with QEII since she is friends with the enemy. This is not good. She is running out of friends. :innocent:

Cathérine Bergeyck 06-05-2004 06:53 AM

Prince Philippe of Belgium is good friends with crowprince Naruhito of Japan. Philippe and Mathilde are also very close to the RF of Luxemburg, and the archdukes of Austria.

yvr girl 06-05-2004 09:31 PM

The Spanish Royal Family, and the Greek Royal Family seem quite close. I know that they are related, but they choose to spend time together. They holiday together every summer.

In particular, Felipe and Nikolaos seem quite close. Nik also seems close to his cousin, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.

I&#39;ve also seen Nik with Crown Princess Victoria quite a bit. I hear that they used to date, I don&#39;t know if that is true.

I think Alexia sees the Infantas quite a bit, especially Christina.

I&#39;ve also heard that Pavlos and MC are friends with Lady Helen & Tim Taylor.

hillary_nugent 06-06-2004 03:25 AM

hmz...i heard that Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Frederick of Denmark were best friends

Dennism 06-06-2004 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by yvr girl@Jun 5th, 2004 - 9:31 pm
I think Alexia sees the Infantas quite a bit, especially Christina.

Yes. They both enjoy sailing.

rox 06-06-2004 05:59 AM

The Royal Belgium family is a good friend of the Netherlands . Filip and Mathilde are good friends of Alex and Maxima , they have privat dinners in Den Haag of Brussel , When Princess Amalia was born , Filip and Mathilde visited the newborn princess with their children Elisabeth and Gabriel. And of course have ALbert and Beatrix a close band .They calling all lot , told a good friend of the king . B) The Royal family of BElgium has also a close band with the family of Spain . Queen Fabiola is from Spain . But Filip and Mathilde have also a close band with CP Felipe en Infante Christina .Elisabeth&#39;s first summer have they spend in Spain .For a week the where with the Spanisch family. Queen Sofia is also a good friend of Paola , when they are together they talk a lot of their children and grandchildren.
They are so cute&#33;&#33;&#33; :heart: :winkiss: :wub:

carlota 06-06-2004 06:50 AM

i think that all the benelux royals are quite connected. they are tiny places, and they share nearly all the same languages. maxima and mathilde seem to have similar characters (to the point of wearing nearly the same outfits&#33; :P ) and also beatrix and fabiola were seen many times talking. and also luxembourg and belgic seem to have a close relation...

Cathérine Bergeyck 06-06-2004 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by carlota@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:50 am
i think that all the benelux royals are quite connected. they are tiny places, and they share nearly all the same languages. maxima and mathilde seem to have similar characters (to the point of wearing nearly the same outfits&#33; :P ) and also beatrix and fabiola were seen many times talking. and also luxembourg and belgic seem to have a close relation...
Actually I think Máxima and Mathilde have very different caracters.

The Belgian and Luxemburg royals are so closely connected because they are very close family.

ienxl 06-06-2004 08:42 AM

I wouldn´t say that the belgian en dutch royal family speak the same language. The dutch of the belgian royal family is realy bad. An axample: Maxima speaks better dutch than all the members of the belgian royal family together. Mathilde did improve her dutch since she married filip, but paola, claire, astrid (I don´t about her kids) and fabiola are the worst&#33;&#33;&#33;

carlota 06-06-2004 10:16 AM

what about maxima&#39;s dutch? is she improving?

rox 06-06-2004 10:19 AM

Maxima has still a Spanish accent when she&#39;s speaking deutch. Mathilde speaks now very wel deutch , You don&#39;t hear anywmore her french accent . Astrid is doing well . But Claire and Paola still have to learn a lot B)

Cathérine Bergeyck 06-06-2004 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ienxl@Jun 6th, 2004 - 7:42 am
I wouldn´t say that the belgian en dutch royal family speak the same language. The dutch of the belgian royal family is realy bad. An axample: Maxima speaks better dutch than all the members of the belgian royal family together. Mathilde did improve her dutch since she married filip, but paola, claire, astrid (I don´t about her kids) and fabiola are the worst&#33;&#33;&#33;
That&#39;s absolutely not true&#33;&#33;

Máxima still makes mistakes (mathilde doesn&#39;t), and she has an accent, but it&#39;s a different one from Mathilde&#39;s. Maybe because Mathilde has a French accent, the Flemish are ultra sensitive about it??

Astrid does have a very hard accent, and Paola&#39; Dutch is nearly inexistent, that&#39;s a real disgrace.

But Albert, Philippe and Astrid&#39;s children are perfectly bilingual without any accent.

I can&#39;t tell about Claire, I&#39;ve never heard her say anything.

Anyway, maybe this is more a topic for the Belgian section, if you want to continue this discussion, it&#39;s perhaps better to do it there...

rox 06-06-2004 10:52 AM

Your right . And I think also that there is a different anyway , because Mahtilde speaks French ,Maxima Spanish .But the best thing is that they realy want to speak Deutch&#33; :rolleyes:

didem 06-07-2004 06:56 AM

Princess Maxima and Princess Mathilde excellence friends

royal_sophietje 06-07-2004 11:27 AM

Maxima doens&#39;t make mistakes anymore in speaking Dutch.

Mathilde does, I notice sometimes on TV

Cathérine Bergeyck 06-07-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 7th, 2004 - 10:27 am
Maxima doens&#39;t make mistakes anymore in speaking Dutch.

Mathilde does, I notice sometimes on TV

When I watch tv, I notice it exactly the other way around :)

Oh well this discussion could go on forever. Both ladies speak it nearly perfectly, I think we can agree on that one :P

Helena 06-07-2004 08:21 PM

They both are doing their best, basta&#33; ;-) Philippe & Mathilde are close friends with Archduke Simeon of Austria and his wife Princess Maria of Bourbon-Two-Sicilies. Queen Beatrix is said to be extremely close friends with King Juan-Carlos of Spain. I don t know where one gets the story that QEII dislikes her dutch collegue. Queen Beatrix pays various private visits to the british Queen (one during the summer Diana died, at Balmoral) & Queen Beatrix was given the seat of honour during the funeral service of the queen-mother. I believe the late Prince Claus was friends with Prince Richard of Sayn-Witgenstein-Berleburg (husband of the danish princess Benedikte) and as Prince Willem-Alexander asks CP Victoria as a godmother for his child I presume they are friends as well.

bct88 06-07-2004 09:52 PM

I have a book about H.M. Queen Elizabeth II. It is called Queen Elizabeth II, A Celebration of Her Majesty&#39;s Fifty-Year Reign. It is by Tim Graham. It is loaded with Pictures and talks about how close Elizabeth and Sonja of Norway are. Also how Elizabeth and Juan Carlos I of Spain are good friends. It also talks about how H.M. King Constantine (former King of Greece) and Prince William are close friends. Click here and then on the book to take a look inside.

mybags 06-07-2004 10:20 PM

I read in Queen Noor&#39;s book that she and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece are good friends. In fact, it was at Anne-Marie&#39;s home in England at which Queen Noor began to suffer her miscarriage. And it was King Constantine that phoned the absent King Hussein.

wymanda 06-07-2004 11:05 PM

I know that QEII and King Hussein were quite close. Probably because they came to the throne around the same time although Hussein was considerably younger than HM.

wymanda 06-07-2004 11:05 PM

The Queen & the Maktoum brothers also share much in common, given their love of horse racing.

Banadoora 06-07-2004 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mybags@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:20 pm
I read in Queen Noor&#39;s book that she and Queen Anne-Marie of Greece are good friends. In fact, it was at Anne-Marie&#39;s home in England at which Queen Noor began to suffer her miscarriage. And it was King Constantine that phoned the absent King Hussein.
I read that too. I think that Queen Sophia of Spain was there too. I think Queen Noor and Queen Sophia are close also.

Helena 06-08-2004 07:24 AM

Quote:

The Queen & the Maktoum brothers also share much in common, given their love of horse racing.
what queen are you referring to?

I believe that The Prince of Wales and Queen Beatrix are close as well. Alexandra of Kent used to be close to the Orleans family....
Diane of Wurttemberg to Juan-Carlos

Dennism 06-08-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by bct88@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:52 pm
I have a book about H.M. Queen Elizabeth II. It is called Queen Elizabeth II, A Celebration of Her Majesty&#39;s Fifty-Year Reign. It is by Tim Graham. It is loaded with Pictures and talks about how close Elizabeth and Sonja of Norway are. Also how Elizabeth and Juan Carlos I of Spain are good friends. It also talks about how H.M. King Constantine (former King of Greece) and Prince William are close friends. Click here and then on the book to take a look inside.
There was a show in the US all about QEII´s 50 years on the throne and they talked to a good number of people but the one who seemed to be the closest to Elizabeth is Queen Margrethe. Well, I mean among the foreign royals.. Well, she is her cousin too and her English is excellent and she knows all about the travails of being a Queen Regent so all of that could have played a part in the show.

SpiffyBallerina 06-08-2004 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism+Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:57 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:57 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bct88@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:52 pm
There was a show in the US all about QEII´s 50 years on the throne and they talked to a good number of people but the one who seemed to be the closest to Elizabeth is Queen Margrethe. Well, I mean among the foreign royals.. Well, she is her cousin too and her English is excellent and she knows all about the travails of being a Queen Regent so all of that could have played a part in the show. [/b][/quote]
What show was this?
~Kathleen

Lady Jean 06-08-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:57 am

There was a show in the US all about QEII´s 50 years on the throne and they talked to a good number of people but the one who seemed to be the closest to Elizabeth is Queen Margrethe. Well, I mean among the foreign royals.. Well, she is her cousin too and her English is excellent and she knows all about the travails of being a Queen Regent so all of that could have played a part in the show.

That show (I can&#39;t remember the title, I think it was a four part series, focusing on different aspects of her life) was excellent and was the only time I have heard Margrethe speak. She had the most beautiful English accent, and did seem to hold Elizabeth in great affection.

It looks like Queen Elizabeth is close with King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie. They are at each other&#39;s big family events, and also Elizabeth allowed them to have Pavlos&#39; wedding reception at Hampton Court Palace.

Dennism 06-08-2004 01:30 PM

4 parts? Okay. I did not remember that. I watched it in one night. Well, it was episodic but I don´t remember it being more than 2 hours long.

Lady Jean 06-08-2004 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 8th, 2004 - 12:30 pm
4 parts? Okay. I did not remember that. I watched it in one night. Well, it was episodic but I don´t remember it being more than 2 hours long.
I guess we are thinking of different shows, but there was a good series on PBS last year or 2002 on PBS to commemorate her Jubilee and it focused on her not the whole family. I will check the titles later today.

Dennism 06-08-2004 02:55 PM

That sounds like it. Maybe I just saw the second part of it. I think I saw from the 60s onwards. Must have been the second part then.

bct88 06-08-2004 04:20 PM

I believe it was called The Windsors? I did watch it.

Lady Jean 06-09-2004 09:01 AM

THe series I&#39;m referring to is called "Elizabeth: Queen and Country." It was produced by the BBC and William Shawcross, c. 2002.

It had different segments, about 45 minutes each, such as "Enduring Loyalties," "Private Passions", "Servant of the People." Amongst those interviewed were PRincess Anne and the Duchess of Grafton. It was excellent. I don&#39;t remember any interview clips from foreign royals, but many of those interviewed are friends of royalty, so maybe I am not going off the posted topic too much&#33;

bct88: I think you are talking about "The Windsors: A Royal fAmily" hosted by Brian Blessed. That was good too.

Queen Astrid 06-09-2004 11:03 AM

I feel so Lonely when ppl talk about Royalty
It makes me want to marry a prince&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :cry:

Dennism 06-09-2004 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lady Jean@Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:01 am
THe series I&#39;m referring to is called "Elizabeth: Queen and Country." It was produced by the BBC and William Shawcross, c. 2002.

It had different segments, about 45 minutes each, such as "Enduring Loyalties," "Private Passions", "Servant of the People." Amongst those interviewed were PRincess Anne and the Duchess of Grafton. It was excellent. I don&#39;t remember any interview clips from foreign royals, but many of those interviewed are friends of royalty, so maybe I am not going off the posted topic too much&#33;

bct88: I think you are talking about "The Windsors: A Royal fAmily" hosted by Brian Blessed. That was good too.

That´s it then. They did talk to a good number of friends and people of the Court. It was quite good.

SpiffyBallerina 06-09-2004 01:19 PM

What about Japan? They seem so secluded over there. I&#39;ve heard that the Japanese CP is friends with CP Mathilde, but other than that, I don&#39;t know. Also, who else is QMII of Denmark and her whole family friends with?
~Kathleen

carlota 06-09-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpiffyBallerina@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:19 pm
What about Japan? They seem so secluded over there. I&#39;ve heard that the Japanese CP is friends with CP Mathilde, but other than that, I don&#39;t know. Also, who else is QMII of Denmark and her whole family friends with?
~Kathleen

i included masako in my first post... :)
i wouldn&#39;t have forgotten about her now that sweet masako isn&#39;t having a good time... :P

bct88 06-09-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:37 pm
bct88: I think you are talking about "The Windsors: A Royal fAmily" hosted by Brian Blessed.&nbsp; That was good too.
Yes, that is it. I found it on Amazon.com. You can get it there on DVD.

SpiffyBallerina 06-09-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bct88+Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:15 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bct88 @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:15 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Dennism@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:37 pm
bct88: I think you are talking about "The Windsors: A Royal fAmily" hosted by Brian Blessed.* That was good too.
Yes, that is it. I found it on Amazon.com. You can get it there on DVD. [/b][/quote]
Is "The Windsors: A Royal Family" the one with foreign royals speaking like QMII or is that the other one? I&#39;m so confused :wacko: &#33;
~Kathleen

superlotie 06-10-2004 04:28 AM

;) Prince Albert of Monaco and prince Emmanuel Filibert of Savoie are really closed. They love play tennis together and practising other sports. Albert came to Emmanuel&#39;s wedding with Clotilde Courau.

Dennism 06-10-2004 08:54 AM

Yes. The couple were introduced by Albert and he was best man for the wedding.

Lady Jean 06-10-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SpiffyBallerina+Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:12 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SpiffyBallerina @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 9:12 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:

Originally posted by bct88@Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:15 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Dennism
Quote:

@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:37 pm
bct88: I think you are talking about "The Windsors: A Royal fAmily" hosted by Brian Blessed.* That was good too.

Yes, that is it. I found it on Amazon.com. You can get it there on DVD.

Is "The Windsors: A Royal Family" the one with foreign royals speaking like QMII or is that the other one? I&#39;m so confused :wacko: &#33;
~Kathleen [/b][/quote]
Spiffyb:
I can&#39;t remember which one has QM talking about QEII. Sorry for the confusion. There have been so many biographies on tv about QE because of the Jubilee year.

Lady Jean 06-10-2004 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism@Jun 10th, 2004 - 7:54 am
Yes. The couple were introduced by Albert and he was best man for the wedding.
And also isn&#39;t he is close to the Duke and Duchess of Calabria...was he best man for that too? I seem to remember she wore what looked like a copy of Grace Kelly&#39;s wedding dress.

Iain 06-11-2004 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by timtonruben359@Jun 4th, 2004 - 2:43 pm

I remember reading somewhere that Queen Elizabeth II is not too found of Queen Beatrix though...I can&#39;t remember the exact reason but I think Queen Elizabeth II feels that Queen Beatrix is too "full of herself"....I&#39;ll try and find it again...nothing like good royal infighting ;)

I think one of the reasons Queen Elizabeth may dislike Queen Beatrix is because people in Britain and in particular Scotland, are always holding up Queen Beatrix as an example of good down to earth monarch and saying how much they wished Queen Elizabeth was more like her. I remember a few years ago being on a bus in Edinburgh and the traffic was hardly moving. People were getting very angry because of the delay and the driver said it was because of a royal visit to the National Gallery on Princes Street. This made people all the more angry saying "they should stay in London." When the driver pointed out that it was Queen Beatrix everyone calm down and people were saying "oh that&#39;s alright then."

By the way, QueenElizabeth is only Elizabeth II in England. In Scotland, and every other county of which she is head of state, she is Elizabeth I.

timtonruben359 06-11-2004 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iain@Jun 11th, 2004 - 4:10 am
By the way, Queen Elizabeth is only Elizabeth II in England. In Scotland, and every other county of which she is head of state, she is Elizabeth I.
By law Queen Elizabeth II is recgonized as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, there has been a movement in Scotland to change her title there to Queen Elizabeth I, as England&#39;s Queen Elizabeth I did not reign over Scotland. It is a defacto tradition in Scotland but not law yet.

All of the countries in which Queen EII is head of state, she is recgonized as Elizabeth II. In Canada the Queen is indeed the second Elizabeth to reign over us. The first Elizabeth was Queen of small British Colonies founded in what is now Canada during her reign.

Iain 06-13-2004 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by timtonruben359+Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (timtonruben359 @ Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iain@Jun 11th, 2004 - 4:10 am
By the way, Queen Elizabeth is only Elizabeth II in England. In Scotland, and every other county of which she is head of state, she is Elizabeth I.
By law Queen Elizabeth II is recgonized as Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, there has been a movement in Scotland to change her title there to Queen Elizabeth I, as England&#39;s Queen Elizabeth I did not reign over Scotland. It is a defacto tradition in Scotland but not law yet.

All of the countries in which Queen EII is head of state, she is recgonized as Elizabeth II. In Canada the Queen is indeed the second Elizabeth to reign over us. The first Elizabeth was Queen of small British Colonies founded in what is now Canada during her reign. [/b][/quote]
By who&#39;s law? certainly not Scots law. After she ascended the throne post boxes with EIIR on it where blown up because it was wrong and also because it had the English crown. Today nowhere in Scotland will you see this and post boxes and vans only have the Scottish crown on it. It&#39;s alright to say that she is regonised as Elizabeth the second in other countries of the commonwealth but they simply had it imposed on them by the English authorities who are totally insensitive to any traditions bar their own. The golden jubilee web site listed "British" monarchs who had reigned for over 50 years. Two of them were English, not British (as the U.K. only came into being in 1603). The first British monarch, James V&#33; was totally ignored despite reigning or 59 years. Any complaints where just ignored. The Royal web site claimes that Edward II was king of Scots. He claimed to be but the Scots never recognised him. Again any compalints were just ignored.

There was a series of magazines called The Kings and Queens of Britain. It started with the early English kings who were not British and when it came to the union of 1603 it said thet in that year the "kings of England started to rule over Scotland." Anyone who knows their history know that the English Royal family deid out in that year and that it was the King of Scots who ruled England. When people complained the wording was changed to "the kings of Britain came to rule over Scotland."

The sooner the so called "United" Kingdom is disbanded the better.

Josefine 06-13-2004 04:44 PM

the topic is Best Royal Friends
you can talk about it in the right forum...

lucys 06-13-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hillary_nugent@Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:25 am
hmz...i heard that Prince Felipe of Spain and Prince Frederick of Denmark were best friends
Prince Felipe&#39;s very best friend is not a royal--it&#39;s fellow by the name of Alvaro Fuster. They&#39;ve been friends since they were like 12. But as far as his royal friends go, I&#39;d say that recent events would suggest that Felipe and Frederick are NOT best friends or Frederick would have carved out time from his honeymoon to go to his best friends wedding. It is said that the Jordanian royal family and the Spanish royal family have close ties--which is why Felipe carved time out of his honeymoon to go to the Jordanian festivities.

I had alwasy heard that Felipe got on very well with Hakoon of Norway and Victoria of Sweden.

I have a suspicion that Maxima and Letizia will find a lot in common--but they&#39;ve only just met, so, time will tell.

While the Greek family are obviously cousins, they do say that Pablo and Nickolas are two of Felipe&#39;s closest friends, along with his cousin on his Father&#39;s side, Beltran Gomez-Acebo.

tiaraprin 06-13-2004 07:35 PM

The British Royals and Greek Royals are close: They serve as godparents to each families children, and they attend all major family events for each other.

Crown Princess Victoria is supposedly good friends with CP Frederik and Prince Nicholas of Greece.

When CP Frederik met Mary, he was in a royal group composed of Prince Nicholas and Princess Martha Louise of Norway.

Jelka 06-14-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by carlota@Jun 4th, 2004 - 8:51 pm
Quote:

Princess Mathilde and Princess Maxima are friends too&#33; They have been seen, when they (=Philippe and Mathilde) were going out of the door from W-A & Maxima&#39;s house after a dinner there.
aww&#33; i would really like to see that photo of clever maxima and sweet mathilde toghether&#33;&#33;

Here it is&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Mathilde and Philippe leaving W-A and Maxima&#39;s house after a dinner there.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...a/39e26ccf.bmp

Cathérine Bergeyck 06-15-2004 03:03 AM

Thank you Jelka &#33;&#33; :flower:

I had never seen these, do you know when they were taken?

Jelka 06-15-2004 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cathérine Bergeyck@Jun 15th, 2004 - 8:03 am
Thank you Jelka &#33;&#33; :flower:

I had never seen these, do you know when they were taken?

Somewhere in the middle of 2002. A couple of months later after W-A and Maxima&#39;s visit to Charleroi (if you remember) definitely.

Dennism 06-17-2004 08:59 AM

That is cool. Just two couples getting together for a dinner. Mathilde and Maxima probably discussed when they were going to wear the same outfit so as to not wear it at the same time&#33;

Cathérine Bergeyck 06-17-2004 11:15 AM

Princess Astrid of Belgium is good friends with princess Margarita of Romenia.

Princess Laurent of belgium with Charles of Calabria.

Josefine 11-17-2004 06:21 AM

i think its good that the nordic heirs are close they can lean on one and other when its gets hard

victoria said in a interview that she is glad athat she is close to other heirs becouse she can talk with them about things that she can´t talk with other friends about
i guess about being royal and all what comes with that

Josefine 04-22-2005 01:41 PM

i think in a few years we will se more about who are friends with who

Amira 04-22-2005 01:46 PM

Prince Laurent of belgium is a close to crown Prince Reza Pahlavi of Iran

The moroccan royal family is close with the spanish , bulgarian and saudia arabian royal families :)

Alisa 04-22-2005 01:57 PM

CP Frederik and CP Haakon are good friends. Frederik was best man to Haakon, but their relationship probably stemmed early on since their mothers are also good friends. I believe Frederik is also good friends with Princess Martha-Louise.

CP Frederik and CPss are also close friends. Victoria reportedly stayed at Frederik's home last time she was in Denmark.

It is possible that Mary and Maxima are good friends, the two with their husbands spent a weekend hunting together in the Netherlands last year.

sara1981 04-22-2005 09:02 PM

im not sure about Earl and Countess of Wessex have friend in England or what?

and Prince Andrew and Sarah,Duchess of York have friend? since both got marriages in 1986 or some?

what about late Diana,Princess of Wales but she had many friend when she was grew-up and got married to Prince Charles and she had more best friends im not sure what names is!

Prince Charles have friends? Crown Prince Phillipe of Belgium? and more in country

i know HM Queen EII had friend with HM Queen Sonja of Norway because both been chat over phone how nice each other but she not friendly with HM Queen Beatrix how RUDE!

what about Prince William and Prince Harry have friend?

Sara Boyce

bweir 04-23-2005 12:05 AM

Just to answer a question from way back in this thread, the interview about Elizabeth II that Queen Margethe features in is called The Queen's Story. :)

HMQueenElizabethII 04-23-2005 01:29 AM

I think maybe they are good to the other,there are nothing for each one to hate the other.Maybe we see that they are no very friendly to each other but in their private life how can we know?Maybe in their free times, they go with each other on holiday...how can we know?Do they tell us?

cute_girl 04-23-2005 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amira
Prince Laurent of belgium is a close to crown Prince Reza Pahlavi of Iran
:)

it's true,reza pahlavi godfathered Laurent's child

cute_girl 04-23-2005 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
im not sure about Earl and Countess of Wessex have friend in England or what?

and Prince Andrew and Sarah,Duchess of York have friend? since both got marriages in 1986 or some?

what about late Diana,Princess of Wales but she had many friend when she was grew-up and got married to Prince Charles and she had more best friends im not sure what names is!

Prince Charles have friends? Crown Prince Phillipe of Belgium? and more in country

i know HM Queen EII had friend with HM Queen Sonja of Norway because both been chat over phone how nice each other but she not friendly with HM Queen Beatrix how RUDE!

what about Prince William and Prince Harry have friend?

Sara Boyce

Diana's best friend in the royal circle was Sarah,then duchess of york,and william is said to befriending his cousin,Zara philips.

Warren 04-23-2005 04:00 AM

Guillaume & Martha Louise

One of the (many) highlights of the Danish Royal Wedding was in the room where they had the traditional bridal waltz. There was one great shot of Guillaume of Luxembourg joking with Princess Martha Louise; they looked so natural and happy. It was one of those rare little glimpses which spoke volumes about the nature of their private relationship.

Josefine 04-23-2005 04:03 AM

well Guillaume came in the room with victoria
victoria holding him around the waist
and carl philip joking with martha Louise

liv 04-23-2005 06:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think Mette-Marit/Haakon and Sophie /Edward.

hillary_nugent 04-23-2005 07:10 AM

I think i read somewhere that Prince Amadeo of Belgium and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg are good friends as well as being second cousins...or something like that ^___^

lamass 04-24-2005 02:23 PM

i heard that too. guillaume, amedeo, and felix are all close friends.
i also heard that amedeo invited beatrice of england to his 18th birthday party.

GrandDuchess 04-24-2005 07:00 PM

Crown Princess Victoria and the Princess of Asturias looked very chummy and all when they met in Stockholm last week. Very friendly and warm. Also with the Prince of Asturias, whom Crown Princess Victoria also seems to connect with.

Emily 04-24-2005 07:51 PM

I thought they looked very friendly also and was wondering what language they communicate in? I imagine CP Victoria speaks more than Swedish and English. Does anyone know if CP Letizia is learning/has learned other languages besides Spanish?

marezdote 04-24-2005 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily
I thought they looked very friendly also and was wondering what language they communicate in? I imagine CP Victoria speaks more than Swedish and English. Does anyone know if CP Letizia is learning/has learned other languages besides Spanish?

I'm pretty sure she speaks English.

msfroyste 04-25-2005 06:21 AM

yeah, i remember her saying in a pre-wedding interview that she spoke english, but they were then teaching her "proper" english.

KikkiB 04-25-2005 07:50 AM

I think that most of the European Crown Princes and Crown Princesses are close because they are approximately the same age, and that the spouses of these are also included.

I know CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit are close friends of Kyril and Rosario of Rumenia (?). They spent a lot of time together when CP Haakon and CP M-M lived in London.

And I remember seeing a photo of the Norwegian CP couple sitting at their seaside summerhouse with I think Laurentien and Mathilde and some babies. And I thought, "cool, they meet up privately as well" It was just a regular weekend, no official engagements. It was before Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born. Have anyone seen this photo as well?!? I can't find it (I don't know where to look:) )

Marengo 04-25-2005 09:13 AM

The Duke and Duchess of Brabant are also very close to Simeon of Austria and his wife Marie (born princess of the Two Sicilies).

norwegianne 04-25-2005 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikkiB

And I remember seeing a photo of the Norwegian CP couple sitting at their seaside summerhouse with I think Laurentien and Mathilde and some babies. And I thought, "cool, they meet up privately as well" It was just a regular weekend, no official engagements. It was before Princess Ingrid Alexandra was born. Have anyone seen this photo as well?!? I can't find it (I don't know where to look:) )

I think it was in Se & Hør. I remember seeing it.

Marengo 04-26-2005 05:53 AM

I think King Albert II and Queen Beatrix are quite close, when King Baudouin died she was one of the 2 people he consulted (the other one was King Juan-Carlos). King Albert and Queen Paola were also close to Duchess Marie-Therese of Aremberg (nee Princess of Bavaria. CP Phillipe and CP Mathilde are good friends with princess Helene of Bavaria.

The Luxembourg and the Belgian RF are close to each other, probably because of the family connection. Queen Fabiola is especially close to her niece Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (nee Luxembourg).

Prince Laurent of Belgium is friends with Pieter van Vollenhoven (husband of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands).

Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet are close to Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath of Jordan. I believe that Charles and Beatrix are close as well.

Prince Charles and King Constantine II are friends.

Queen Sofia's best friend is her cousin Princess Tatiana Radziwill I think (daughter of Pss Eugenie of Greece and Denmark).

Princess Margriet of the Netherlands is very good friends with Archduke Michael of Austria and his wife Christiane (nee Princess of Lowenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg), she is also friends with Prince Alois of Lowenstein-W-R and his wife, Princess Anastasia of Prussia.

Prince Constantijn and Laurentien are friends of Haakon and Mette-Marit and they met Charles and Camilla on a regular basis as well. Prince Friso and Princess Mabel are friends to Rosario and Cyrill of Bulgaria.

cute_girl 04-26-2005 04:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Queen Noor and Queen Sofia seems to be close friends

Larzen 04-26-2005 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KikkiB

Maxima and Laurentien with husbands and children spent a long weekend with Haakon and Mette-Marit this summer at the Norwegian royal familys summerhous, they went to a concert and took boattrips with and without their children, I think it was after Claus Casimir was born, because the picture of them arriving at the airport in Sandefjord showed three dutch children. There were pictures of Maxima, Laurentien, and Mette-Marit in bathingsuits and skirts and Maxima was wearing a cowboy hat.

Alexandria 04-26-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Maxima and Laurentien with husbands and children spent a long weekend with Haakon and Mette-Marit this summer at the Norwegian royal familys summerhous, they went to a concert and took boattrips with and without their children, I think it was after Claus Casimir was born, because the picture of them arriving at the airport in Sandefjord showed three dutch children. There were pictures of Maxima, Laurentien, and Mette-Marit in bathingsuits and skirts and Maxima was wearing a cowboy hat.

Thanks for this friendship factoid Larzen. :)

The Norwegian CP couple seem to be good friends with many royals: Edward and Sophie from their stay in London to study; Frederik was Haakon's best man at his wedding; Haakon and Constantijn's friendship is also evident by the latter's choice of Haakon as his daughter's godfather; Mette-Marit is also friends with Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria.

Claire 06-25-2005 09:14 AM

Buddying up - Royals

I've noticed that some of the ladies of the Scandanavia join up to go on engagements together. It works well for both parties, as two royals for the price of one brings the photographers, but it is also go for charities that are similiar in nature or cross borders.:D
Later this year Prince Albert III will join the Countess of Wessex for a auction for ChildLine and a Monacan children charity, Mission enfance. The orginal auction was cancelled after the death of Prince Ranier, it has now been penciled in for Autumn 2005.

Do any other royals join together for engagements and events? Are their any royals that should join their forces, for the benefit of similiar chairites? Maybe they can even join up with celebrities?

Australian 06-25-2005 09:21 AM

Interesting thread Claire. The pairing of Albert and Sophie seems odd doesnt it.

Im not sure if any other royals joined up for events or engagements, i will look that up.

zarzuela 07-10-2005 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute_girl
Queen Noor and Queen Sofia seems to be close friends

They are indeed very good friends! Once I read an interview in which Queen Noor said that Queen Sofia and her talk quite often on the phone.

SpiffyBallerina 07-10-2005 12:42 PM

I am POSITIVE that King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are really close with Queen Beatrix. There were stories from a few years back where Juan Carlos grabbed Queen Beatrix's hand and everyone commented that they had no idea the two were so close. I've seen a TON of pictures of them together, and Queen Sofia and Queen Beatrix always seem to find each other at events and chat. They're the three musketeers! Haha :)

LaMinka 07-17-2005 11:58 PM

Mette-Marit and Haakon are good friends to Prince Willem-Alexander and Maxima of the Netherlands, Princess Victoria of Sweden, Prince Kyrtil(?) and Rosario Nadal of Bulgaria, Prince Constantin and Laurentien of the Netherlands, Prince Pavlos and Marie-Chantal of Greece, Prince Felipe and Letizia of Spain, Prince Fredrik and Mary of Denmark.. and more

Mariella/Minka

LaMinka 07-18-2005 12:05 AM

If you take a look on this pics, you can see that Sonia of Norway and Juan Carlos of Spain is friends:
http://pro.corbis.com/images/0000329...-52e34fb288db}

Sonia was last summer on a boat trip with Sofia, Letizia, Cristina and her kids in Spain.

Mariella

LaMinka 07-20-2005 12:24 PM

From Royal Glittering:
This week's Se & Hør(Norwegian gossip magazine) informs us that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit left their children back home and went on a luxurious vacation onboard Italian fashion designer Valentino's yacht. The magazine has lots of pictures of a healthy and pregnant Mette-Marit in bikini. Onboard the yacht were also Prince Kyrill and Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, who seems to be close friends to Haakon and Mette-Marit. As the relationship between Mette-Marit and Valentino seems to get even more close, I bet we'll see more beautiful outfits in the time to come! http://images.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------
So Kyrill and Rosario is good friends of Haakon and Mette-Marit

Mariella

Little_star 07-20-2005 12:28 PM

I've read that Rania and Charles are good friends.

LaMinka 07-20-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star
I've read that Rania and Charles are good friends.

Really????

lula 07-20-2005 02:02 PM

The Spanish Royal Family and the Bulgarian Family. Simeón of Bulgaria is married with a Spanish woman Margarita Gómez-Acebo (I believe that family of the husband of the Infanta Pilar), and they have lived through great part of their exile in Spain.

Little_star 07-20-2005 02:14 PM

LaMinka, it was in an article in Hello, she spoke about her disappointment at not being able to attend his wedding because she was still breastfeeding

LaMinka 07-20-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star
LaMinka, it was in an article in Hello, she spoke about her disappointment at not being able to attend his wedding because she was still breastfeeding

Okey, i was thinking Charles + Rania = Good friends?

LaMinka 07-22-2005 10:55 PM

A pics of WA, Maxima, Constantin and Laurentien in Norway at the Norwgian royalfamilys summerhouse:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=171188

kwanfan 10-17-2005 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaMinka
Okey, i was thinking Charles + Rania = Good friends?

I also remember seeing a photo on the British Royal Family website of Camilla and Queen Rania talking at an Osteoporosis Conference. Camilla is president of the International Osteoporosis Society, and Rania is a patron, so maybe they've met at functions for that organization.