The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Märtha Louise and Children (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Ari Behn's mental issues (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/ari-behns-mental-issues-24922.html)

iowabelle 10-05-2009 05:20 PM

I think that's it, dazzling. He wants attention, either for himself or to sell books.

It's sort of like they say about dealing with the paparazzi, the only thing worse than dealing with them is NOT dealing with them.

susan alicia 10-06-2009 04:26 AM

Unless our Scandinavian members chip in, it is just supposition on our part. He might be severely depressed, so much so that disclosure is necessary.

dazzling 10-06-2009 06:46 AM

BB has a new article syaing that Ari does not feel at home in Norway
article

Regina 10-06-2009 06:26 PM

Well, we don't know if all he wants is just creating drama to attract attention in order to sell books . Some depressed persons feel so lonely and sad that they may feel the need to be listened by strangers. Maybe the fact that others talk about them is a sign that they are still alive... I am not an expert but I don't think he's lying.

I agree that a depressed person, as Ari Behn, needs help. A medical help is sometimes needed. But it's not enough, IMO.
I really wish he may know the love of the Lord, the One who lead us to control our emotions instead of them controlling us.

All the best for him and his wife and lovely daughters.

iowabelle 10-06-2009 08:00 PM

The man wants to move to Las Vegas?? Well, that might help if he has Seasonal Affective Disorder... but it's a whole lot close to the mecca of the very intrusive American paparazzi. (I don't think Norwegians are particularly tolerant of that phenomenon.) Although I bet most Americans wouldn't know or care who he married...

susan alicia 10-06-2009 11:14 PM

can not think of a more depressing place :lol: (apart from the depression, saying you want to move to Las Vegas makes you a bit of a joke as a royal, wonder how his inlaws feel about it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle (Post 1000902)
Quote:

The man wants to move to Las Vegas??
Well, that might help if he has Seasonal Affective Disorder... but it's a whole lot close to the mecca of the very intrusive American paparazzi. (I don't think Norwegians are particularly tolerant of that phenomenon.) Although I bet most Americans wouldn't know or care who he married...


iowabelle 10-06-2009 11:28 PM

It's not to my taste either. If nothing else, my Scandinavian skin can't take the sun! It's sort of like an American Monaco a la Somerset Maugham, a shady place for shady people.

Wonder what the king and queen make of this nonsense...

Odette 10-09-2009 01:32 PM

To those who either themselves or their loved ones suffer for depression or mental issues, my heart goes out to them and there is no stigma as far as I am concerned.
My quarrel is with a young man of means and access to the first family of a country who was accepted by them and now comes around to publicise problems he may or may not have. If Ari would donate the royalties from one of his books to a mental facility or go out to schools to discuss mental illness and reveal in the process that he also suffers from depression, I'd tip my hat to him. However the way he is (mis) handling this, is a selfish way, no matter what he expects to gain at the end.

susan alicia 10-10-2009 03:04 AM

If he is really depressed he is not up to it (yet) and if he says nonsense like I want to live in Las Vegas I somehow think everyone would rather he, untill he feels better, shuts up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 1002227)
To those who either themselves or their loved ones suffer for depression or mental issues, my heart goes out to them and there is no stigma as far as I am concerned.
My quarrel is with a young man of means and access to the first family of a country who was accepted by them and now comes around to publicise problems he may or may not have. If Ari would donate the royalties from one of his books to a mental facility
Quote:

or go out to schools to discuss mental illness
and reveal in the process that he also suffers from depression, I'd tip my hat to him. However the way he is (mis) handling this, is a selfish way, no matter what he expects to gain at the end.


Odette 10-10-2009 05:46 PM

:previous: Too depressed to talk? That is all he is doing these days.
I agree that someone should ask him to stop talking and making things worse. I am not sure depressed people go about talking about themselves. Those I know, just withdraw and want to be left alone to brood.:flowers:

RoyalX 10-12-2009 07:24 PM

The original interview article. 12 pages. No divorce there. And the interview was read through and approved by Ari and the Princess before it went public. Starts on page 77. MASSIV / Digital visning

The journalist who interviewed him came with a statement later telling that the interview took about 6-7 hours and that it was a sincere and nice mood.

(I have yet to meet an artist that does not struggle with depression or likewise during creative periods, and I believe it is the depth and hight of feelings that makes a true artist.)

Patra 10-12-2009 09:20 PM

I too was wobering what the King & Queen have to say about all this- time will tell, I guess!

susan alicia 10-13-2009 02:20 AM

that is a rather romantic view of an artist. People who can use their (is it left or right?) part of their brain are much more even keeled I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalX (Post 1003940)
The journalist who interviewed him came with a statement later telling that the interview took about 6-7 hours and that it was a sincere and nice mood.

I have yet to meet an artist that does not struggle with depression or likewise during creative periods, and I believe it is the depth and hight of feelings that makes a true artist.)


Her_Majesty 10-13-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patra (Post 1003969)
I too was wobering what the King & Queen have to say about all this- time will tell, I guess!

I don't think they'll ever comment on that at all.

Odette 10-13-2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 1004179)
I don't think they'll ever comment on that at all.

Thank God for that...:flowers:

Enigma 06-30-2010 07:09 PM

looking at the pictures of cp victoria's wedding, p.martha-louise and ari seem to be happy together, they even looked happy when q.beatrix visited norway. it's obvious that ari came over his depression..although and imo he was rather putting a show... people with depression would look rather different from what they were on one occasion or another. besides, i wonder how the depression would have infected ari if p.martha-louise was the crown princess and more in the public eye?
still, one must say that each person have his own ways in dealing with the personal problems or issues and i am in no position of knowing or saying what is going on in their personal life...anyway, it's nice to see them happy. best of luck for both of them.

nascarlucy 06-30-2010 07:24 PM

I was reading the older posts and Las Vegas would be the last place someone who had depression issues to move to. It's a wonderful city don't get me wrong but not a city to live in if you are having difficulties.

When I was in the casinos, I saw many people who lost their money. If they weren't depressed, then they soon would be. I saw more people unhappy there than I have in other places. Many of these people wanted the moon, the stars and the sky. Most don't get this from Las Vegas.

Vanesa 07-01-2010 12:26 AM

Yes...I have the same impression. Las Vegas is NOT a place for a depressed person.

In fact, I think those people has lots of money and doesn't know how to do with it. This is their depression. I wish I could change my place (marrying a prince, since I'm a woman :biggrin:) to his; I would do a lot of things and wouldn't have a minute to think that I'm depressed. I've be always thankful to God that He allowed me to have a soo unwaited destiny. Of course, I know that rich people and Royalty has guman problems; that being rich and Royal doesn't spare you to be an human being and just suffer as any other people does. But you must accept that a Royal could do more things for other peeople than we do. And do things for people should surely helps to go out of a depression. Everybody knows that when we are depressed we tends to be a little self-centered, and to think all day round how sad we are, what sick we feels, how miserable we looks. Thinking about other people could help depressed people A LOT.

My own thought about it is that nowadays there's too much depressed people for the society message tell us: "love yourself", "You are a king - or a Queen -", "You rules", "You cab make the world the way you likes" and blah, blah, blah...It's very uncommon to hear "Try to make other people happy", "Think how to make others smile", "Think what people could feel about your actions", etc...We loves too much ourselves, and paradoxically, it depresses us. We feel empty inside, and sad.

I don't know if this is the case of Ari Behn, but Las Vegas, a place to go deep in gambling and autogratification cannot help him to go thourough depression. :ermm:

Vanesa.

nascarlucy 07-01-2010 07:53 PM

Royalty can help a lot of people because they are in the public eye. Weight issues, health issues, mental health issues are issues that average people have. It is easier for the average person to talk about these problemsthan someone who is royal. Traditionally any problem or issue they had was to be dealt with in private rather than in public. It's only recent times that some of them have discussed these issues in public. I would have to say that I admire a royal who is able to discuss their weight issues or any other issues they may have. I have weight issues myself so I can relate to to what they go through. If they helped one person overcome their difficulties, then they have succeeded.

COUNTESS 07-01-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanesa (Post 1105119)
Yes...I have the same impression. Las Vegas is NOT a place for a depressed person.

In fact, I think those people has lots of money and doesn't know how to do with it. This is their depression. I wish I could change my place (marrying a prince, since I'm a woman :biggrin:) to his; I would do a lot of things and wouldn't have a minute to think that I'm depressed. I've be always thankful to God that He allowed me to have a soo unwaited destiny. Of course, I know that rich people and Royalty has guman problems; that being rich and Royal doesn't spare you to be an human being and just suffer as any other people does. But you must accept that a Royal could do more things for other peeople than we do. And do things for people should surely helps to go out of a depression. Everybody knows that when we are depressed we tends to be a little self-centered, and to think all day round how sad we are, what sick we feels, how miserable we looks. Thinking about other people could help depressed people A LOT.

My own thought about it is that nowadays there's too much depressed people for the society message tell us: "love yourself", "You are a king - or a Queen -", "You rules", "You cab make the world the way you likes" and blah, blah, blah...It's very uncommon to hear "Try to make other people happy", "Think how to make others smile", "Think what people could feel about your actions", etc...We loves too much ourselves, and paradoxically, it depresses us. We feel empty inside, and sad.

I don't know if this is the case of Ari Behn, but Las Vegas, a place to go deep in gambling and autogratification cannot help him to go thourough depression. :ermm:

Vanesa.

As I am replying to these statement, I must say, that I didn't fully comprehend what you wrote. You English is very good, much better than my Spanish, but there are parts I cannot decipher, as they are really not English. But, anyway. Depression is a medical problem. It had nothing to do with a specific thing that is happening. It has to do with a basic chemical imbalance. People who have this condition, do not choose to have it and do not live their lives in this manner to be contrite. They need medical help and great understanding. You assessment of Las Vegas is at best shallow and, although, he might pick this city, there are many parts of this city that may uplift him and have nothing to do with gambling or "autogratification". Not a word used in English, but I surmise it means self-gratification. When Ari can get real help for his problem and, perhaps, medication, all these other platitiudes do nothing for him. Perhaps, there is a partiuclar mental health professional there that he is seeing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises