The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f203/)
-   -   Christening of Pieter van Vollenhoven: September 20, 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f203/christening-of-pieter-van-vollenhoven-september-20-2009-a-24704.html)

Stefan 09-20-2009 10:40 AM

Christening of Pieter van Vollenhoven: September 20, 2009

The Christening of Pieter van Vollenhoven, the son of Prince Pieter-Chistiaan and Princess Anita took place on 20.09.2009 at the Chapel of Paleis Het Loo at Apeldoorn.
Pictures: Pictures: PPE Agency

magnik 09-20-2009 10:57 AM

Finally. I like they family events.

Why Oranje's children have so light hair?
Doesn't Luana look-a-like grandma Beatrix and Zaria like Ariana?

lucien 09-20-2009 11:16 AM

Wonderfull to see all the children again,and Prince Carlos with his soon to be fiancee,very nice!:smile:

H.M. Margrethe 09-20-2009 11:20 AM

Wher´s CP Wilhelm Alexander,Cp Maxima and their children ?

magnik 09-20-2009 11:22 AM

Maxima was with Mathilde at opening of museum M.
Maybe Willem and daughters were inside the palace?

lucien 09-20-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik (Post 993989)
Maxima was with Mathilde at opening of museum M.
Maybe Willem and daughters were inside the palace?

The Prince is in New York,the Princess will follow him there this evening.
the children are at home.:smile:

maria-olivia 09-20-2009 01:00 PM

Was Princess Aimé there ??
The next event of the Dutch RF will be the engagement Prince Carlos of Bourbon Parme.
When I see old pictures of Juliana's childhood she was always alone , I am glad to see the RF of nowadays.

queenofthelight 09-20-2009 01:39 PM

I think this event is very special for each family, it makes people closer.
The baby is cutie...

Maura724 09-20-2009 01:52 PM

All the kids are getting so big! :flowers:

Does anyone know why it took so long for them to have Pieter's christening? Isn't he like a year old?

Pieter Sr. must have been there, I'm sure, but I don't see him in any of the photos?

MAfan 09-20-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maura724 (Post 994029)
Does anyone know why it took so long for them to have Pieter's christening? Isn't he like a year old?

The same I wonder...one year or 11 months are a long time for a Christening...Usually the Christening takes place a few months after the birth, but not so long...

Lumutqueen 09-20-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 994010)
Was Princess Aimé there ??
The next event of the Dutch RF will be the engagement Prince Carlos of Bourbon Parme.
When I see old pictures of Juliana's childhood she was always alone , I am glad to see the RF of nowadays.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Princess Aimee with baby Elaine. She looks so so incredible cute. :flowers:
Is the engagement of Prince Carlos a fact?

This is such a wonderful event. Eloise looks very much like her mother. :smile:

Katie Melua? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maura724 (Post 994029)
Pieter Sr. must have been there, I'm sure, but I don't see him in any of the photos?

Pieter Van Vollenhoven Sr. :flowers:

anirac 09-20-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 994058)

Princess Aimee with baby Elaine. She looks so so incredible cute. :flowers:
Is the engagement of Prince Carlos a fact?

This is such a wonderful event. Eloise looks very much like her mother. :smile:

Katie Melua? :)

Pieter Van Vollenhoven Sr. :flowers:

Yes, she also sang at the wedding of Anita and P-C.

Maura724 09-20-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Princess Aimee with baby Elaine.

Adorable! I love the little booties.

Quote:

There he is... :flowers:

Tilla 09-20-2009 04:35 PM

Concerning the time of Christening: christian babies are baptised by a priest immediately after their birth within a very simple ceremony together with the closest family, often even at the hospital. Thereafter, the official christening ceremony and the festivities with the family and friends may take place whenever later on.

sgl 09-20-2009 05:51 PM

I love seeing this family with their cousins. They seem so happy and so close, and Anita and Pieter-Christian look like proud parents. Eliane is beautiful, and Aimee looks great. I wonder when they will have her christening.

lucien 09-20-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilla (Post 994097)
Concerning the time of Christening: christian babies are baptised by a priest immediately after their birth within a very simple ceremony together with the closest family, often even at the hospital. Thereafter, the official christening ceremony and the festivities with the family and friends may take place whenever later on.

No,not quiet.The Orange Nassaus are protestant so a minister baptises the child,not a priest,and the time between baptism and birth can range from 4 months to 10 months at times,whatever the parents,or the agenda,wish/allows in order to have as many family members around as possible.And,you only get baptised/christened whatever you call it where you are,once,never twice just for the heck of it.It is a one time occasion,always and everywhere.

The announcement and two pics at the Royal House site:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=30073

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=30072

Maura724 09-20-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilla (Post 994097)
Concerning the time of Christening: christian babies are baptised by a priest immediately after their birth within a very simple ceremony together with the closest family, often even at the hospital.

I think this sort of immediate christening would be more likely to take place in groups that believe baptism is necessary for salvation, as is often the case with Catholics. I'm a Presbyterian, and for us the baptism is just symbolic, so there's no need to do it right after birth - we wait and do it in a later church service. :flowers:

Opal 09-21-2009 02:03 AM

I enjoy seeing this family at get togethers. They all look so happy and close-knit. Lovely picture of the actual baptismwith all the children standing around watching.
So I guess the next gathering will probably be the baptism of Aimee and Floris's daughter Eliane. Is it Eliane or Elaine? The photo description said Eliane but I wasn't sure if it was a typo.

Guido 09-21-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 993997)
The Prince is in New York,the Princess will follow him there this evening.
the children are at home.:smile:

Why did they visit to New York again? They've just recently returned home from there.

Lumutqueen 09-21-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchat (Post 994265)
I enjoy seeing this family at get togethers. They all look so happy and close-knit. Lovely picture of the actual baptismwith all the children standing around watching.
So I guess the next gathering will probably be the baptism of Aimee and Floris's daughter Eliane. Is it Eliane or Elaine? The photo description said Eliane but I wasn't sure if it was a typo.

On the 5th July 2009 Princess Aimee gave birth to a little girl, Eliane Sophia Carolina at 14.50 at VU Hospital in Amsterdam.

It's spelt ia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido (Post 994305)
Why did they visit to New York again? They've just recently returned home from there.

The Princes & Princess are in New York to attend meetings at the UN HQ with SG BAN Ki Moon on
monday on inclusive financial services and the Princess will speech at the annual Clinton Global Initiative on tuesday.

:flowers: