The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Crown Prince Frederik in New York for UN Global Compact; September 20-22, 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-prince-frederik-in-new-york-for-un-global-compact-september-20-22-2009-a-24509.html)

dazzling 09-10-2009 02:39 PM

Crown Prince Frederik in New York for UN Global Compact; September 20-22, 2009

September 20-22
The Crown Prince participatea in the U.N. Global Compact in New York

dazzling 09-10-2009 02:40 PM

The Crown Prince participates in climate meeting

The Danish crown prince Frederik is on the way to New York right now in order to participate in a climate meeting in the metropolis on Tuesday,...
Translated English ** Original Article

Lumutqueen 09-22-2009 01:14 PM

YouTube - RAISE YOUR VOICE - HRH the Crown Prince of Denmark

He's recorded a video for this meeting. :flowers:

ChantalC 09-22-2009 01:39 PM

Thank you for the video, lumutqueen. I watched the video. I could hear Prince Fredrick's accent. Is it his danish accent?

Al_bina 09-22-2009 01:45 PM

Thanks for the video! :flowers:
Prince Frederic has taken on the such fashionable issue such as the global warming. That is a good news. Given the fact that Copenhagen is to host a conference related to the climate changes, it was wise on the part of Crown Prince Frederic to attend a similar conference in New York and participate in discussions.
Prince Frederic's command in English is excellent. His accent is not very pronounced.

Naggi 09-22-2009 04:02 PM

It is good to see Prince Frederik doing something more than just happen to be the man next to Princess Mary. He should start to scheme a much more deeper profile to himself than he currently seem to have.

Princejohnny25 09-22-2009 04:18 PM

I find his accent intriguing. I was expecting something a bit more British but it sounds quite American actually. Im glad he has take a visible stance on global warming though. Especially with Copenhagen hosting the Summit soon. He has a very calming voice I think. Fit for a King.

Lumutqueen 09-22-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 (Post 994985)
I find his accent intriguing. I was expecting something a bit more British but it sounds quite American actually. Im glad he has take a visible stance on global warming though. Especially with Copenhagen hosting the Summit soon. He has a very calming voice I think. Fit for a King.

Hosting the summit soon? What do you mean? :smile:

sgl 09-22-2009 08:00 PM

Prince Frederik's English is excellent! I am also pleased to see him devoting time and attention to the cause of global warming.

Princejohnny25 09-22-2009 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 995050)
Hosting the summit soon? What do you mean? :smile:

United Nations Climate Conference
Home - COP15 United Nations Climate Change Conference Copenhagen 2009
Im guessing its a check up for the Kyoto Protocol. Whats working, what isnt, whats the next step.

iceflower 09-23-2009 04:15 AM

Pics 22.9.2009

Crown Prince Frederik at the "Climate change - Challenge
or opportunity for international Business"-discussion at
the Scandinavian House, New York City. September 22,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

crisscross1 09-23-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 995144)

** Pic 1 **

I wonder if the Crown Prince has a valet with him on these overseas trips or would he dress himself??:flowers:

Jacknch 09-23-2009 06:37 AM

Great pictures and video - many thanks!

Frederick has a more pronounced accent than his brother. Joachim speaks with a cut-glass English accent almost as well as Queen Margrethe. I applaud Frederik for taking an interest in climate change as we all should do.

Lumutqueen 09-23-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisscross1 (Post 995151)
I wonder if the Crown Prince has a valet with him on these overseas trips or would he dress himself??:flowers:

I think he looks preety damn fine tbqh. I think he does dress himself, with Mary's advice sometimes. :smile:

This event is shaping up good, i'm glad Frederik is taking part in an event like this. :flowers:

susan alicia 09-23-2009 12:50 PM

I think/hope his motives are a bit more sincere :flowers:
He seems to me like a lovely intelligent man (he fell in love with Mary after all) though I do not think it clever of the organizers to put the auto que to the right instead of in front of him and he does look a bit nervous and staring to the right which is not natural.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 994915)
Thanks for the video! :flowers:
Prince Frederic has taken on the
Quote:

such fashionable issue
such as the global warming. That is a good news. Given the fact that Copenhagen is to host a conference related to the climate changes,
Quote:

it was wise
on the part of Crown Prince Frederic to attend a similar conference in New York and participate in discussions.

Prince Frederic's command in English is excellent. His accent is not very pronounced.

dear oh dear :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naggi (Post 994975)
It is good to see Prince Frederik
Quote:

doing something more than just happen to be the man next to Princess Mary
. He should start to scheme a much more deeper profile to himself than he currently seem to have.

4Pam 09-23-2009 09:54 PM

I was thinking that Fred would have more of a British sounding accent like his brother Joachim. Back to the subject- I'm glad he's taking on such an important issue and that he's putting himself out there via YouTube.

MARG 09-24-2009 12:24 AM

Misplaced auto-cue or not, he is very expressive and whilst he is trying to appear very formal, his "eyebrow action" gives the speech his own personal touch.

As an aside, I think he has a lovely speaking voice and am glad that he does not speak with a "cut glass" upper class english accent. He speaks as what he is, a man whose first language is not english but would put more than a few "english" speakers to shame. More importantly, his diction is perfect and he resists the current trend to speak as quickly as a runaway train.

As to his dress standard, it is as he is, like a kid dressed for a party and exhorted not to get it dirty or messy he leaves home. It adds to both his charm and his enthusiasm for his given topic.

Archduchess Zelia 09-24-2009 05:29 AM

Frederik is cute, I really admire him! I think it is good that he is also on youtube now!

Guiomar 09-24-2009 11:04 AM

Thank you for the video, lumutqueen.

I'm glad he is dedicated to this subject.

Lumutqueen 09-24-2009 11:33 AM

Billed-Bladet - Kronprins Frederik går på YouTube – se ham her!

A Billed Bladet article, with the same video. :flowers: