The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Flag Day Commemorating Foreign Conflict Since 1948; September 5th (2009, 2012-2013) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/flag-day-commemorating-foreign-conflict-since-1948-september-5th-2009-2012-2013-a-24386.html)

dazzling 09-04-2009 04:48 PM

Flag Day Commemorating Foreign Conflict Since 1948; September 5th (2009, 2012-2013)

Quote:

September 5
The Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Prince Couple will attend the commemoration of the institute of Flag Day Danish serving abroad since 2 World War II, at Holmen Church at 11:00
Event will take place tomorrow for the first time.
The event will be shown live on TV2

Lumutqueen 09-04-2009 05:12 PM

How wonderful. No Prince Joachim?
Can't wait for tommorow. :smile:

dazzling 09-05-2009 08:44 AM

a video and another video from the event
article and a picture here from inside the church

Ccile 09-05-2009 09:04 AM

It's a bit sad that prince Joachim and princess Marie did not take part to this celebration! It's a country event and it would have been appropriate that they attended to this mass in order to commemorate fallen soldiers for Denmark.

sgl 09-05-2009 10:21 AM

This looks like a very dignified and lovely tribute to the lost soldiers. I am pleased to see that Denmark is making this an annual event. Hopefully, the entire DRF will be present at next year's events.
Berlingske has an article about the event to honor soliders:
http://www.berlingske.dk/article/200...igen/90905003/

Lumutqueen 09-05-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 987815)
This looks like a very dignified and lovely tribute to the lost soldiers. I am pleased to see that Denmark is making this an annual event. Hopefully, the entire DRF will be present at next year's events.
Berlingske has an article about the event to honor soliders:
Historisk dag for soldaterne - Krigen

Next years event? :flowers:
It's a wonderful event. :smile:

sgl 09-05-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 987848)
Next years event? :flowers:
It's a wonderful event. :smile:

Perhaps its just wishful thinking on my part or a detail that was lost in translation. It was stated that this was the first Flag Day, so I took this to mean that the event would happen again.

Lumutqueen 09-05-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 987851)
Perhaps its just wishful thinking on my part or a detail that was lost in translation. It was stated that this was the first Flag Day, so I took this to mean that the event would happen again.

Ahh I see what you mean. I do hope this is made an annual event. The soldiers must be extremly proud of their country. :flowers:

dazzling 09-05-2009 01:48 PM

Picture galleries :smile:

bt.dk gallery ** jp.dk

dee4855 09-05-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccile (Post 987803)
It's a bit sad that prince Joachim and princess Marie did not take part to this celebration! It's a country event and it would have been appropriate that they attended to this mass in order to commemorate fallen soldiers for Denmark.

I agree totally! No wonder their rating in popularity is so low. If they cannot even bother to attend something this important, maybe they should not be able to pick up their pay raise. These men and women are dying for their country. They should be able to spare a few hours from one of their many concerts to honor them.:angry:

Lumutqueen 09-05-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee4855 (Post 987946)
I agree totally! No wonder their rating in popularity is so low. If they cannot even bother to attend something this important, maybe they should not be able to pick up their pay raise. These men and women are dying for their country. They should be able to spare a few hours from one of their many concerts to honor them.:angry:

A strong opinion, which I agree with. I don't think either Marie or Joachim had anything schedueled for today. :smile:

sgl 09-05-2009 07:06 PM

I do agree that the entire family should have attended, but does anyone know if they were invited? It is possible that perhaps only the Queen, Prince Consort and the Crown Prince couple were invited. If Joachim and Marie were invited and didn't show up, then that is not good, IMO; but if they weren't invited, then they can't be blamed for not attending (just my opinion).:flowers:

dee4855 09-05-2009 07:53 PM

I have seen the Prince in a uniform so he must be a member of the armed services just like the CP, CPrincess, Queen and PC. That is why I do not understand why they would not be invitied. I wish there is some way we could find out for sure.

Mandy 09-05-2009 08:10 PM

I don't think we should worry too much about Joachim's and Marie's absence at this event. The presence of only the regent couple and the crown prince couple is no different than what is happening in other countries when only the regnant and cp couples attend major functions.

Turkish Delight 09-06-2009 06:18 AM

Gallery PPE

Regina 09-06-2009 08:24 AM

Although I would like to see Joachim and Marie, I think the royal family is perfectly well represented! They all look radiant and the soldiers must be proud of their royal family, as lumutqueen said. Events like these make a nation so connected to its royal family, IMO :flowers:

Binz 09-06-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee4855 (Post 987974)
I have seen the Prince in a uniform so he must be a member of the armed services just like the CP, CPrincess, Queen and PC. That is why I do not understand why they would not be invitied. I wish there is some way we could find out for sure.

TV 2 Sporten - Kongelig hylder Stephan Andersen

Looks like Joachim attented the game between 'Denmark and Portugal.

The Danish goalkeeper Stephan Andersen had great honor of Denmark's 1-1 against Portugal.
The goal
keepers action impressed even Prince Joachim.

dee4855 09-06-2009 12:13 PM

Thank you Binz! They are not a huge RF like most of the others so his absence is very noticeable.

Zonk 09-06-2009 12:15 PM

No, they are not a large family but we also need to realize that sometimes, Joachim and his family will not be in attendance. As of now, Joachim and his sons are 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th in line to the throne. When Fred was unmarried and didn't have any kids, Joachim, Felix and Nikolai had more of a media presence but now as they get older and further from secession, that might not be necessary except for us royal watchers.

I think both HM and Crown Princess Mary looked lovely for such a solemn occasion.

Ccile 09-06-2009 12:46 PM

The queen and the princess seem to have a good relationship! We can see the 2 women laughing and talking together at the end of the ceremony.