The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/)
-   -   Madeleine & Jonas' Wedding: Suggestions & Musings (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f278/madeleine-and-jonas-wedding-suggestions-and-musings-24240.html)

Lumutqueen 08-18-2009 08:19 PM

Madeleine & Jonas' Wedding: Suggestions & Musings

Does anyone know when the date will be announced?
:flowers:

LadyFinn 08-21-2009 08:15 AM

Madeleine och Jonas inspekterade Gärdslösa kyrka - Barometern
Kunglig inspektion av Gärdslösa kyrka - Ölandsbladet
Prinsessan Madeleine verkar ha hittat sin drömkyrka | svenskdam.se
Barometern, Ölandsbladet and SvenskDam tell, that Madeleine and Jonas have been checking the chuch of Gärdslösa in Öland. They had the King and the Queen with them when they visited there last Thursday. It gives room to speculation, if the wedding will be in Öland.

sgl 08-23-2009 10:23 AM

Danish magazine Billed Bladet has an article talking about the wedding:
Billed-Bladet - Madeleine og Jonas får et nedtonet bryllup

It says that Madeleine and Jonas' wedding will most likely be more low-key than that of Victoria and Daniel. Victoria, as the crown princess, will be expected to invite the crowned heads of Europe and heads of state; meanwhile, Madeleine will have more flexibility in whom she invites to her wedding. The magazine says that Madeleine will be able to invite more of her friends and the younger generation of royals from the Norwegian and Danish royal houses.

Lumutqueen 08-23-2009 11:12 AM

:previous:
Well that was seemingly obvious. Anyone know if the date has been announced or will be announced soon?
:flowers:

Ccile 08-23-2009 11:18 AM

Wedding date for Victoria and Daniel has been announced one month after the engagement. So I guess in september, the court will announce the date for Madeleine & Jonas.

Lumutqueen 08-23-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccile (Post 983306)
Wedding date for Victoria and Daniel has been announced one month after the engagement. So I guess in september, the court will announce the date for Madeleine & Jonas.

Thank you very much. I hadn't realised there was a month between engagement and the announcement. :flowers:

ahtikavalentine 08-23-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ccile (Post 983306)

Well, september is in the corner...I want to kow the date now!!! :rofl::rofl::lol:

JessRulz 09-10-2009 12:35 AM

In compliance with the TRF rules regarding speculative information and posts, I have deleted all the posts discussing the rumours of a Swedish Princess marrying this Friday in Cyprus. As a denial was also issued by Princess Madeleine's secretary, this story has officially been closed. Any further posts in this thread, or others, on this topic will be deleted by the moderating team.

JessRulz
Swedish Forum Moderator

principessa 09-22-2009 06:19 AM

I guess that Madeleine and Jonas want no wedding presents and want that the guests would give money to "Min Stora Dag".

ahtikavalentine 09-22-2009 11:29 PM

What is "Min Stora Dag"?

Marsel 09-22-2009 11:58 PM

'Min Stora Dag' is translated as 'My Big Day', it is the Swedish equivalent of Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Princess Madeline is Patron of "Min Stora Dag" foundation, which aims to make dreams come true for children in long-term hospital care. In her role as Patron of the foundation, she has visited Huddinge Hospital, Uppsala University Hospital and Linköping University Hospital.

From official website of the Swedish Monarchy

JessRulz 09-23-2009 12:49 AM

And Princess Madeleine's thread here at TRF: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...g-day-971.html

ahtikavalentine 09-23-2009 11:32 PM

Thank you both very much!!!

principessa 11-21-2009 09:32 AM

Who thinks the same as me? The wedding date of Madeleine and Jonas will be announced after the wedding of Victoria and Daniel.

Lighthouse 11-22-2009 02:02 AM

idk, that seems dreadfully old fashioned.

Patra 11-22-2009 09:20 AM

The waiting to announce the date is a curious thing to me.....maybe after the new year? I doubt they wait until after Victoria's wedding. JMO

Lumutqueen 11-22-2009 09:31 AM

I don't think it will be announced after Victoria's wedding. That seems incredible stupid and old fashioned to be quite honest. After the new year i imagine. :smile:

Her_Majesty 12-08-2009 03:22 PM

Svensk Damtidning is speculating about a possible wedding in November 2010:
Svensk Damtidning avslöjar: Här hålls Madeleines och Jonas vinterbröllop! | Svensk Damtidning
Google Translate

Ccile 12-08-2009 03:48 PM

They may be right! they were right about the engagement of Madeleine and Jonas!

Hope the royal palace will confirm soon!

dazzling 12-09-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 1028480)

But wasnt it announced that the wedding was end of 2009?
Im not sure where it was announced but I read many posts about that.