The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   WA, Máxima & Daughters: Summer Holiday in Argentina & Lawsuit against AP; Summer 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/wa-m-xima-and-daughters-summer-holiday-in-argentina-and-lawsuit-against-ap-summer-2009-a-23904.html)

Princess Maxima 07-27-2009 11:18 AM

WA, Máxima & Daughters: Summer Holiday in Argentina & Lawsuit against AP; Summer 2009

The Prince of Orange and his family were spotted last weekend skiing in Villa La Angostura

Photos: http://www.reinamaxima.com/novedades.html

Florencia 07-27-2009 02:19 PM

I hope they will enjoy their visit to Argentina.

Verde Esmeralda 07-27-2009 09:19 PM

According to Infobae.com, the couple, the three princesses and Máxima's parents will stay a week to ten days at Villa La Angostura. They are staying at Cumelén Country Club:

*Las fotos de Máxima y su familia en Villa la Angostura - Infobae.com*

Apparently, the Prince was spotted running along the interior paths of the country club, and the couple wandered inside of it in a very relaxed way.

24CON - El paraíso*donde descansa la princesa Máxima

The article also says that W-A bought two terrains on the lake coast in a country club named "Muelle De Piedra" (in Villa La Angostura as well).

rockon210 07-28-2009 02:44 AM

more pics from Argentina:
www.rexfeatures.com
search for princess maxima

sgl 07-28-2009 10:28 AM

What a beautiful place! The home that they are staying in is very charming. I liked seeing the photo of Maxima and Amalia on skis. It looks like they are having a wonderful holiday.

Florencia 07-28-2009 09:32 PM

Pics from Gente

Personajes - Gente Online

Florencia 07-28-2009 09:42 PM

Photogallery from Caras

Revista CARAS - Compartieron los deportes invernales

Verde Esmeralda 07-28-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florencia (Post 972458)

This article says that W-A is driving Martin Zorreguieta's Toyota pickup these days. And also that the ski centre is opening one hour earlier, due to the presence of the Princely couple (they like to ski early, and usually leave around 3 pm).

It says that Máxima is trying the most difficult slopes and that they usually have a break at Martin Zorreguieta's restaurant / shelter, named 180.

Meanwhile, Ariane stays with the grandparents :flowers:

Princess Maxima 07-29-2009 08:34 AM

Pics of the family skiing: Reina Máxima - Novedades

sgl 07-29-2009 11:52 AM

Here are some more photos, and an article, of the family in Argentina:
Princess Maxima takes advantage of Argentine winter to ski with the girls - hellomagazine.com

Lumutqueen 07-29-2009 12:44 PM

:previous:
Beautiful pictures, of the family skiing. Maxima looks wonderful at home.:flowers:

carlota 07-29-2009 02:21 PM

nice pics, good to know they swapped italy for argentina. this picture of maxima and amalia is perfect! it seems that they are getting some days of well-deserved rest.

did they travel with much security?

fortimo 07-29-2009 03:34 PM

It is interesting, that they are so far from Europe, in a small village and we know where they are. They can't be private. I don't understand how can make other royals their holiday so private. (For example Mette-Marit and Haakon or Mathilde of Belgium or others)

sgl 07-29-2009 05:25 PM

I don't know for sure, Fortimo, but my guess is that it depends on the local press, and the royal family themselves. Sometimes, royals will agree to be photographed in exchange for privacy during the rest of the vacation. I don't know the case with Willem-Alexander and Maxima, but I think that it may be one of the things that I just mentioned.

Princess Maxima 07-29-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortimo (Post 972775)
It is interesting, that they are so far from Europe, in a small village and we know where they are.

They are skiing in a small village, in a big country, where everybody knows who Máxima is.

marmi 07-29-2009 08:52 PM

Troonopvolgers!: Vakantie in Argentinië.

Verde Esmeralda 07-29-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 972738)

did they travel with much security?

According to the media, only with the Dutch Marechausse and nanny/ies. They are getting extra back-up from the local police.

More pictures in Hola.com:

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_hol...gentina/1/?n=1

Opal 07-30-2009 12:49 AM

It's funny just last week they were frollicking on a beach in the sun and now they're skiing in the snow. :smile:

rchainho 07-30-2009 12:43 PM

yeah, and she has time, she passes with her family in Argentina. When she declines her argentinian nationality? Because she can do it. Law says it.

carlota 07-30-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchainho (Post 973121)
yeah, and she has time, she passes with her family in Argentina. When she declines her argentinian nationality? Because she can do it. Law says it.

i think it's not an option in argentinian law to decline your nationality.