The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f33/)
-   -   Princess Marie as Patron of the Tønder Festival (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f33/princess-marie-as-patron-of-the-t-nder-festival-23825.html)

dazzling 08-02-2009 03:27 PM

Princess Marie as Patron of the Tønder Festival

Princess Marie has agreed to be the patron of the Tønder Festival. Tønder Festival is a folk music festival and starts on August 27.

fyens has the news

Marsel 08-02-2009 03:51 PM

It's wonderful to see that Marie is preparing to undertake more Royal duties. :smile:

MelinaB. 08-02-2009 04:15 PM

That was nice.Is this the first time Marie becomes a Patron?

rylt11 08-02-2009 04:20 PM

Seeing her get started with patronages is very favorable. It makes sense to start small, with something where she lives. Very nice. She'll gain confidence as she goes.

sgl 08-02-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelinaB. (Post 974528)
That was nice.Is this the first time Marie becomes a Patron?

Yes, this will be her first event as a patron. Here is the website for the festival (there is some info in English):
Tønder Festival

Royallife 08-03-2009 05:20 AM

Wonderful that she is a patron ! I hope we will see Marie now more and more !

MissSaga 08-03-2009 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsel (Post 974515)
It's wonderful to see that Marie is preparing to undertake more Royal duties. :smile:

I agree.
Obviouslty, it has been delayed because of Henrik's birth but it's nice to see.

Lumutqueen 08-03-2009 01:36 PM

:previous:
How wonderful of Mary. Can't wait for the event. :flowers:

agami.pearl 08-03-2009 02:01 PM

I'm glad to hear this news. We will see Princess more often.

dazzling 08-21-2009 04:40 PM

According to the royal house calender, it has been official that Marie will attened the opening of the festivel on August 28, 2009 at 16:00.

sgl 08-28-2009 03:47 PM

No photos yet, but here is an article that talks about the official opening of the Tonder Festival:
kpn.dk - Tønder Festival har sat sine spor
It talks about the musical acts, and says that the sun finally came out just before Princess Marie officially opened the festival. Hopefully, we will see photos very soon.

And here is an article that says Marie is ready for the festival:
http://www.jv.dk/artikel/724599
It says that she will get a private tour of the festival site. She will address a crowd of the festival's volunteers. The princess will also receive a wristband that will allow her to attend all of the events during the festival. The writer of the article states that it is not known whether or not she will attend any of the other events during the rest of the festival.

Paty 08-28-2009 06:23 PM

Video:

Prinsesse Marie åbner festival - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

dazzling 08-28-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 985173)

Thanks for the link. Marie looks really confident in the video especially while getting up on stage and waving, she did a good job.
Dissapointed about the outfit, too casual though she looked good.
Hope to get pictures soon.

sgl 08-28-2009 08:15 PM

Marie looks very confident and happy in the video! It is great to see her with her LIW, Marianne Engel. I'm also hoping that we will see more photos very soon.
Here is a photo and article (in German) about Marie at the festival:
http://www.nordschleswiger.dk/SEEEMS...sp?artid=16347
And here is the website containing info and a live web-cam from the festival site:
http://www.tf.dk/pages/announcements.php?set_menu=82&

sofajr 08-29-2009 06:59 AM

PPE gallery:
PPE Agency

She looks proud, I suppose :flowers:

carlota 08-29-2009 08:40 AM

nice pics! so, is this marie's first official solo engagement? i think she looks relaxed and happy. lovely cardigan!

sgl 08-29-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 985387)
nice pics! so, is this marie's first official solo engagement? i think she looks relaxed and happy. lovely cardigan!

I don't think that this is her first solo engagement. She gave the speech at the UNESCO event last spring. It is her first event as an official patron, though.

rylt11 08-29-2009 11:31 AM

Did she say anything, or was it just an opportunity to show up, get the bracelet on and tour the festival?

sgl 08-29-2009 11:47 AM

:previous: I haven't seen a video of Marie speaking at this event. I'm not sure whether she spoke or not. Here is a video of the princess being introduced as the "protektor" (patron) of the festival during yesterday's opening event:
Tønder Festival

There is a photo of Marie's written greeting in the guest book:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

sgl 08-31-2009 06:45 PM

Hola has an article and photos of Marie at the Tonder Festival:
Marie de Dinamarca ejerce en solitario sus tareas como Princesa |Noticias hola.com

ashelen 08-31-2009 11:21 PM

the Hola magazine said that said saome owrd, i ws wondering if she spoke in Danish? anyones knows?

iceflower 09-01-2009 07:16 AM

31-08-2009 Toender: Prince Joachim and Princess Marie
arrive to an after party at the Toender Festival.

Both looked great with that a bit more casual look :smile:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

sgl 09-01-2009 08:39 PM

Ashelen, I don't know if she spoke in Danish (or at all) during her visit to the festival. None of the articles have mentioned it, and the video does not show her speaking.

I am glad to see that Marie returned to another event during the festival. Since she is the patron, and the festival lasted for more than one day, I was hoping that she would participate in more than one event. Marie and Joachim both look very relaxed in their casual "Tonder Festival" shirts.

Update-this article says that she was silent during the opening event, but that she was a very popular patron. When Marie attended the dinner at the end of the festival, she received a standing ovation from the guests at the dinner. It sounds like she did interact with the festival's volunteers, but whether she spoke in Danish or not remains a mystery.
http://www.jv.dk/artikel/727692

ashelen 09-01-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 986686)
Ashelen, I don't know if she spoke in Danish (or at all) during her visit to the festival. None of the articles have mentioned it, and the video does not show her speaking.

I am glad to see that Marie returned to another event during the festival. Since she is the patron, and the festival lasted for more than one day, I was hoping that she would participate in more than one event. Marie and Joachim both look very relaxed in their casual "Tonder Festival" shirts.

Update-this article says that she was silent during the opening event, but that she was a very popular patron. When Marie attended the dinner at the end of the festival, she received a standing ovation from the guests at the dinner. It sounds like she did interact with the festival's volunteers, but whether she spoke in Danish or not remains a mystery.
JV.dk - Nyheder fra Tønder - Bredebro - Løgumkloster - Højer - Skærbæk og Nørre-Rangstrup

thank you so much1 she would be interested to know how is her danish improving?

sgl 09-02-2009 11:33 AM

Billed-Bladet has a short article and some photos of Princess Marie at the Tonder Festival:
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Maries første arbejdsdag for Tønder Festival

dazzling 09-02-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 986430)
31-08-2009 Toender: Prince Joachim and Princess Marie
arrive to an after party at the Toender Festival.

Both looked great with that a bit more casual look :smile:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Is that written toender festivel on their shirts? its nice to see Joachim with Marie at the party, it must give her great support. They both look dressed quite casual maybe it was a very casual party.

sesa 09-02-2009 02:38 PM

she has a very lovely smile, but in almost every one of these pictures she looks as if her face is frozen in that same smile. No variation. Could just be a nervouse reaction I guess.

sgl 09-02-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 986880)
Is that written toender festivel on their shirts? its nice to see Joachim with Marie at the party, it must give her great support. They both look dressed quite casual maybe it was a very casual party.

Yes, the logo on their shirts is the same logo for the Tonder Festival. The party that they attended was a very casual party given at the end of the festival as a way to say thank you to the hundreds of volunteers that worked at the festival. The festival itself was a rather casual event. People camp out at the festival, and it seems to be a very laid-back event.

sgl 09-05-2009 11:33 AM

Billed Bladet says that Marie is still studying Danish, and that she didn't hesitate at all to write a greeting in Danish in the official visitor's book at the Tonder Festival:
Billed-Bladet - Se Maries søde hilsen til Tønderfestivalen

The article says that she caught herself making a mistake by forgetting the word "er" which translates to "is" in English, and wrote the word above the line where it belonged. The author says that Marie told the festival organizers to greet her only in Danish; it wasn't necessary to greet her in English.

ashelen 09-05-2009 11:41 AM

i suppose she is doing the effort, good for her!

MissSaga 09-05-2009 11:53 AM

Marie always looks cute and today was no exception.

dee4855 09-05-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 987824)
Billed Bladet says that Marie is still studying Danish, and that she didn't hesitate at all to write a greeting in Danish in the official visitor's book at the Tonder Festival:
Billed-Bladet - Se Maries søde hilsen til Tønderfestivalen

The article says that she caught herself making a mistake by forgetting the word "er" which translates to "is" in English, and wrote the word above the line where it belonged. The author says that Marie told the festival organizers to greet her only in Danish; it wasn't necessary to greet her in English.

I really am very disappointed in Marie. Seems she could have spent some time to study how to sign the book properly. I just do not think she understands her position in the DRF. She understands the perks perfectly, but the working part of it seems to be ignored.

crm2317 09-06-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee4855 (Post 987948)
I really am very disappointed in Marie. Seems she could have spent some time to study how to sign the book properly. I just do not think she understands her position in the DRF. She understands the perks perfectly, but the working part of it seems to be ignored.

I have to disagree. Marie has only been a member of the Danish Royal Family for little over a year. She is still learning. From reading posts from Danish members I am of the opinion that Danish is a very difficult language to learn. Perhaps Marie is finding it difficult but if she is still persisting this has to be admired. She has also had to become a step-mother and public figure and then mother in a relatively short space. I admire her for her bubbly personality and her obvious dedication to her husband and family

rylt11 09-06-2009 03:39 PM

This is all true. She has had to become a stepmother, but the boys are usually in Copenhagen, while she and Joachim are in Jutland, so it isn't living together on a day to day basis, like Martin.

She does have to learn Danish, though, nothing about still persisting. She had her first baby right away, that could have been expected, as she is already in her 30s and Joachim in his late 30s.

That age brings a certain level of maturity that carries her through royal events with grace. She is not a teenager, or just ut of her teens, as Diana was when she married Charles. She also work experience in the US and Switzerland, as well as vacations with Joachim at least in France and Turkey in addition to many visits in Denmark prior to the engagement.

All in all, she had a pretty good idea of what becoming a princess of the realm would entail and is now getting on with it.

Royallife 09-06-2009 04:01 PM

I have heard that Danish isn't so difficult when you speak for example Dutch, but I think Danish is about as difficult to learn as Dutch, and what I've heard is that Dutch is pretty difficult.

So what I mean is that we can't expect thas she has learned it right away, I think she has made a progress during her time since she became a princess. It's not like she is so important as her sister in law.

Btw : isn't it better to continue this discussion in the propper topic ?

She looked verry nice at the festival !

rylt11 09-07-2009 10:37 AM

Being a patron of a Danish organization entails the topic of speaking Danish when acting as such, it is hard to split one from the other.

Otherwise, the comments are all pretty much based on the appearance at the event, or who was or wasn't present, which becomes repetitive and empty.

If Marie asked the organizers to greet her in Danish, that is very good. It does take about 7 years to become fluent. Right now she is speaking Danish at a novice level, but that is where everyone starts, isn't it? There is nothing wrong with that. The more she practices, the better she will become, this is obvious and holds true for learning any language.

Paty 08-20-2010 04:28 AM

On Friday 27, Princess Marie will open the anual Tonder Festival.

Quote:

H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie åbner som protektor Tønder Festival, Tønder Torv, kl. 16.00

carlota 08-20-2010 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee4855 (Post 987948)

i disagree completely. marie has shown in such little time her progress in danish (which according to what her sister in law said it's a hard language to learn), and now you are nailing her to the wall for forgetting to write "is" in the book? i think you can hardly say she knows the perks very well: i don't think we have seen marie out on holidays or profitting for her new status that much for you to say that.

Muhler 08-20-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 1126325)
On Friday 27, Princess Marie will open the anual Tonder Festival.

Thank yoy, Paty :flowers:

The Tønder Festival is a folk music festival and it has been around for many years.
It's not bad, I've been there a couple of times, mainly to listen to the Irish bands.

Paty 08-20-2010 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1126331)
Thank yoy, Paty :flowers:

The Tønder Festival is a folk music festival and it has been around for many years.
It's not bad, I've been there a couple of times, mainly to listen to the Irish bands.

I've read today in newspapers that Hollywood actor Tim Bobbins is creating a folk band...and he will give some shows in Europe this year, may be his band could be an addition to the Tonder Festival in 2011;)

Prinsesse 08-25-2010 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1126329)
i disagree completely. marie has shown in such little time her progress in danish (which according to what her sister in law said it's a hard language to learn), and now you are nailing her to the wall for forgetting to write "is" in the book? i think you can hardly say she knows the perks very well: i don't think we have seen marie out on holidays or profitting for her new status that much for you to say that.

I couldn't agree more! All the holidays they've taken as a family together don't seem any bigger or more luxurious as any other family's annual holiday. Of course being a royal means you have some privileges other people don't have, but you'd be stupid if you didn't enjoy them. Because let's face it, if you were a royal and could enjoy some free things, you wouldn't turn it down either (at least I wouldn't)

I've learned Danish myself for about 2 years, and I must say that if I hear a Danish speaking person on tv or so, I don't understand much, so respect where respect is due!

Marika86 08-27-2010 02:49 PM

Princess Marie opened as patron Tønder Festival in Tønder today august 27:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...91_0_0_0_0.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...91_0_0_0_0.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...91_0_0_0_0.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...91_0_0_0_0.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8b...91_0_0_0_0.jpg

iceflower 08-27-2010 05:31 PM

Here are some articles with more pics from today:

** jv.dk: Se billederne: Prinsessen så Tønders festivalplads **

** sn.dk: Prinsesse Marie på Tønder Festival **

** jv.dk: Tønder Festival er i gang: Se hvad prinsessen sagde **

Aotearoagal 08-27-2010 07:57 PM

I think Marie is fabulous, but I don't think this outfit is very festive! It's indistinguishable from office gear... come to think of it, royals tend not to wear black to events, or such dark colours as to photograph black. Is that right? Might be a "rookie error" ...

Muhler 08-28-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1130124)

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:
The fair Marie said in her Speech: "It's lovely to be back. Last year I went to visit the Tønder Festival and the event impressed me very much. I look forward to yet another festival with really good music. A very happy festival to all".

It's also a novelty for the festival to have a royal patron and they were not quite sure how to use a patron.
Well, for starters they get more attention in the press. Apart from the local papers, festivals like Tønder (unfortunately) don't get much attention in the nation wide papers.

greenways 08-28-2010 06:59 AM

There's something I really like about Marie, she gives off a natural aura, at least she seems to in photo's and video's. As an aside, she is very pretty also.

Marika86 08-28-2010 07:36 AM

More photo from Tønder Festival:
PPE Agency

A "Billed Bladet" article about the Tønder Festival:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...0festival.aspx

Paty 08-28-2010 06:09 PM

Video from DR
Forside - dr.dk/NETTV/Update

Aotearoagal 08-29-2010 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aotearoagal (Post 1130170)
I think Marie is fabulous, but I don't think this outfit is very festive! It's indistinguishable from office gear... come to think of it, royals tend not to wear black to events, or such dark colours as to photograph black. Is that right? Might be a "rookie error" ...

I've actually reconsidered my own criticism here - I think her outfit is very appropriate - it's a "bohemian" sort of festival, and Marie can't exactly outfit herself in hippie gear, so plain almost-casual was the best way to go!

iceflower 08-26-2011 10:44 AM

First official appearance since the announcement of her second pregnancy:

As patron of the Tønder Festival Princess Marie has attended this year's festival today, August 26, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** jv.dk: Se festivalens protektor prinsesse Marie ankomme til Torvet **

** jv.dk: Se billederne: Prinsesse Marie var rundt på festivalpladsen **

** sn.dk: Gravid prinsesse Marie på festival ** translation **

** Tønder Festival 2011 - Prinsesse Marie, hvordan er det så at skulle få barn nummer fire? ** translation **

Marika86 08-26-2011 07:46 PM

Princess Marie at Tønder Festival. August 26, 2011

Ekstra Bladet - Marie: Graviditet er ingen rutinesag

Google Traduttore

Muhler 08-27-2011 06:20 AM

It would appear Iceflower and Marika86 :flowers: are stille asleep, otherwise they would have beaten me to this: Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Marie: En pige vil også være dejligt

Our Marie was, as you know, at the opening of the Tønder Folk Music Festival yesterday.
Tønder town is located about three kilometres from Schackenborg and as such she's probably very familiar with the town.
Anyway, she was naturally asked about her pregnancy: I'm so happy and we are very much looking forward".
Someone must have referred to what Joachim said recently, to which she smiled: "What has my husband said"?
She added: "As long as it's a healthy child, I'm happy. However, a girl would be nice".

This is a folk music festival, right? Let's have some folk music then. :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io4o0XPZuY8&ob=av2n

iceflower 08-27-2011 07:48 AM

Iceflower never gets up later than 6:30 am, earlier if needed, but never later :biggrin:

What a pity that video isn't available in Germany, would have loved to hear what you've chosen..

Here are some additions:

** danapress/belga gallery **

** bt.dk: Prinsessen fik grineflip på festival ** translation **

** BB: Fin og rund - Her er prinsesse Maries gravide mave **

Muhler 08-27-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1308742)

Iceflower never gets up later than 6:30 am, earlier if needed, but never later :biggrin:

What a pity that video isn't available in Germany, would have loved to hear what you've chosen..

Here are some additions:

** danapress/belga gallery **

** bt.dk: Prinsessen fik grineflip på festival ** translation **

** BB: Fin og rund - Her er prinsesse Maries gravide mave **

Someone must have been tying you down then, you are usually among the first with the news. :lol:
Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:
It's strange. For whatever reason Google translate flatly refuse to translate the BT article into English for me. It' insists on switching back to the original article, even though I've checked the settings. Weird!
I sometimes check the google translations to see if there are nuances or details that are missed. I can't in this case... :ermm:

So to be on the safe side: Our Marie was asked (by a reporter from Ekstra Bladet I understand) how it was to be pregnant for the fourth time (yeah, I didn't get the joke either) and that made her crack up completely. Actually it took Marie quite a while before she could stop laughing.
La belle Marie: "For the fourth time?!?" Going down laughing.
- "I don't think it will ever become routine to be pregnant. It's always something new and that's very exciting".
- "Everything is fine. I'm really fine".
- "I don't know if I'm going to have more children".

The video: That was Bruce Springsteen: Pay me my money down. :cool:

iceflower 08-27-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1308780)
It's strange. For whatever reason Google translate flatly refuse to translate the BT article into English for me. It' insists on switching back to the original article, even though I've checked the settings. Weird!
I sometimes check the google translations to see if there are nuances or details that are missed. I can't in this case... :ermm:

I've also noticed that problem some days ago, so far only with links from bt.dk. For me it helps
to click on "translate"/"übersetzen" again after the page has switched back to the Danish version,
then it stays - at least for me, not sure if that's the general solution.

Here's a gallery from ppe!

iceflower 08-27-2012 08:47 AM

Princess Marie as Patron has attended the Tønder Festival yesterday, August 26, 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** jv.dk gallery ** ugeavisen.dk gallery **

** BB: Nu igen: Prinsesse Marie er et stort smil ** translation **

iceflower 08-23-2013 12:14 PM

Princess Marie attended this year's Tønder Festival this afternoon, August 23, together with two charming companions :smile:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** kongehuset.dk gallery **

** BB: Lille prins Henriks først festival ** translation **

** jv.dk video: Se videoen: Royal visit på Tønder Festival **

** ugeavisen.dk gallery: Tønder Festival havde visit fra Schackenborg **

** ekstrabladet.dk: Galleri: Bajere og banjoer i Tønder ** translation **

** nordschleswiger.dk: Eis und Seifenblasen für Prinzessin Marie und ihre Familie ** translation **

** purepeople gallery: Princesse Marie : Elle initie son fils Henrik à la folk, puis brille en solo **

HereditaryPrincess 08-24-2013 02:10 PM

Thanks for the photos iceflower, Princess Marie looked nice. I'm pleased that she bought little Henrik with her too, it's good to see that he's starting to appear at more at events with his parents. He's a little cutie.

Muhler 08-29-2013 08:59 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #35, 2013.
Written by Ken Richter.

The Tønder Festival is a folk music festival. As Tønder is a cosy little town the atmosphere tend to be almost intimate and it's almost impossible to get lost. Just use the church as a gathering point.
Located some three kilometres straight down the road from Schackenborg the town is within a comfortable walking distance. And M&J have indeed been to the festival in private at different occasions, alone or together.
Our Marie is patron of the festival and this year she brought her husband and son with her. Both adults and child were issued with a festival-armband. Marie were handed flowers, bette Henrik a couple of drumsticks, Joachim got nothing...

And now we know that apart from cars music, or rather drumming, is something that seems to interest the boy!
He drummed away on everythingh within reach, including his mother's behind. - Judging from the picture in the article he wasn't teasing, he looked like he was geniunely playing to some tune in his head and as far as I can tell this is not the first time he has got a pair of drumsticks in his hands. Indeed the article informs us that he has a set of drums at home. (*)
Marie laughed: "Don't hit me". (**)

This was a hot day and a soft ice, now that's something to your son's mind away from drums and bette Henrik did indeed enjoy his ice. - Wearing a festival T-shirt bette Henrik was completely undisturbed by the photographer.

M&J had seen two concerts Joachim told, with Caroline Chocolate Drops from USA and Irish Hudson Taylor. Joachim said: "It's utterly fantastic to be here with really good music and then there is a very special atmosphere. Apart from that the weather is excellent. - It's the first time Henrik is here".

(*) Try imagine Schackenborg with three lively boys and a soon just as lively girl - and a set of drums! :frazzled:

(**) I guess some mothers would take this as a compliment. Having a behind as tight as drum skin.

iceflower 08-31-2014 11:11 AM

Princess Marie as Patron together with Prince Joachim and Prince Henrik braved the rain and attended the Tønder Festival's jubilee concert today, August 31:

** jv.dk gallery: Regnskylle tvang kongelige på scenen **

** BB: Prinsesse Marie tog familien med til festival ** translation **

** svenskdam.se: Prinsessan Marie myste med sin son i regnet **

iceflower 08-30-2015 12:44 PM

Princess Marie as Patron brought family and friends to the Tønder Festival today, August 30:

** jv.dk gallery **

** BB: Prins Joachim og prinsesse Marie på Tønder Festival ** translation **

Muhler 08-30-2015 01:02 PM

Thanks, Iceflower. :smile:

I see from a caption that they brought their friends Peter and Henriette Steenstrup with them, as well as their children. The girl is Agnethe, don't know the names of the boys.

polyesco 08-31-2015 12:51 PM

Nice that all 4 kids were with them.
http://www.jv.dk/modules/xphoto/cach...1200_750_2.jpg

now Muhler, I want to say his pants are purple but they might be a very dark pink : D

Muhler 08-31-2015 03:00 PM

A very nice gallery from Royalista: http://royalista.com/114926/got-umbr...festival-kids/

Especially the two pics of Athena carrying an umbrella and doing a yipiii!! with the Steenstrup daughter.

I notice that unknown and uncultured perpetrators have photo-shopped Joachim's trousers and changed the color. :ermm:

eya 08-31-2015 03:58 PM

I love the smile of little Athena :smile:

polyesco 09-01-2015 03:06 PM

Lovely pictures of Joachim with all 4 kids
http://danapress.com/thumb.php/01456...SZEuWK7w8jICGf

close up of Athena
http://danapress.com/thumb.php/01456...gyJcoV3x8iRCGd

getting some snacks, maybe hot dogs
http://danapress.com/thumb.php/01456...SZEuWK7w8haCGb

the look that wins over father and brothers
http://danapress.com/thumb.php/01456...gyJc4V3x8giyGZ

Muhler 09-01-2015 03:16 PM

Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

Sweet pics of Athena.

It looks to me like the boys were treated to French Hotdogs: Fransk Hotdogs. Kinda Funny Looking Huh? Photo by tisaacso | Photobucket

A real hotdog can look like this: http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/003...el_395483a.jpg
But there are many variants!

Anyway, children often prefer a French Hotdog, it's more manageable for them.
And are we parents grateful for that?!? Oh yes! It's hard enough for adults to eat a hotdog without ending up with dressing, cucumbers and onions all over the place. - For children... well, it's better and easier simple to hose them down before allowing them inside your car or house.
(Yes, I know. Most readers know what a hotdog is and I'm stating the obvious. But some people don't know).

polyesco 09-01-2015 03:30 PM

:previous: thanks Muhler, your post made me hungry

These are "Mexican" Style hot dogs,
cheese in the middle wrapped in bacon semi like this
http://www.pjeats.com/wp-content/upl...6/DSC_1795.jpg
using warm fluffy bread semi like this
http://www.seriouseats.com/images/20...oranHotDog.jpg

be sure to take the toothpicks out lol

iceflower 09-01-2015 05:05 PM

Here's an additional gallery of the family at this year's festival (click on the pic to start the gallery):

** pp: Princesse Marie : Heureuse avec Joachim et leurs enfants au Festival de Tønder **

Muhler 03-24-2016 02:15 PM

The singer Lukas Graham, who is doing pretty well in USA right now is here seen with our Marie and bette Henrik at the Tønder Festival two years ago: Prins Henrik og Lukas Graham blev legekammerater | BILLED-BLADET

Lukas Graham has been quoted for expressing his appreciation of QMII and for saying Frederik is a fine guy but he is less than impressed with Joachim...

ADDED: The quotes: http://www.bt.dk/indblik/lukas-graha...-frederik-er-c

polyesco 03-24-2016 02:25 PM

""I am a great supporter of the queen. Frederik is cool and level with the people. However, I think that Joachim is a klaphat. "

google translate is doing nothing for me. what is klaphat?

Im surprised he would say anything negative about Joachim, the pictures of Lukas and Henrik are really cute

Muhler 03-24-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1874495)
""I am a great supporter of the queen. Frederik is cool and level with the people. However, I think that Joachim is a klaphat. "

google translate is doing nothing for me. what is klaphat?

Im surprised he would say anything negative about Joachim, the pictures of Lukas and Henrik are really cute

Jerk, git, bozo, tosser, twit, twerp - and so on... I.e. a person whose behavior leaves a negative impression regarding that person's general personality, but who is not a fool or an idiot.

Sorry mods, but she asked. :biggrin:

polyesco 03-24-2016 05:36 PM

:previous: thank you. google translate was not helping. :flowers:
I guess Lukas wont be hanging out with Henrik anymore

Muhler 08-27-2016 01:17 PM

And the first photo of our Marie and husband and children at the Tønder folk music festival.
Prinsesse Marie tog mand og børn med til Tønder Festival | BILLED-BLADET

The weather is great today as you can tell.
And as such a festival is a very casual event, their attire is very appropriate.

Tønder is located three kilometers from Schackenborg, so I guess the family spend the weekend there.

ADDED: here is even more: http://www.jv.dk/artikel/2370730:TOe...-royalt-besOeg

Mademoiselle Athena is developing into a little charmer. Can't wait to see her and Josepine together! That will be entertaining!

polyesco 08-27-2016 02:22 PM

:previous: nice that she took her family to the music festival

iceflower 08-27-2016 03:28 PM

Lovely family pics! I had hoped Marie would attend with the kids again (and Joachim of course ;))

Here are some more pics and another video:

** tvsyd.dk video ** bt.dk: Se de skønne billeder: Festival fik fint royalt besøg ** translation **

polyesco 08-29-2016 12:48 PM

:previous: and pictures from the DRF facebook
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...b8&oe=585853A2
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...9f&oe=5842C4A1
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...57&oe=584D3838

polyesco 08-24-2018 12:56 PM

Princess Marie attends as patron afternoon shows at the Tønder Festival
she brought along Joachim and the kids
https://www.tvsyd.dk/artikel/prinses...d-paa-festival

iceflower 08-24-2018 04:18 PM

Here's another nice gallery of the family at the festival today:

** jv.dk: Prinsesse Marie tog familien med til Tønder Festival **

Muhler 08-24-2018 04:34 PM

Ups! Our Marie almost slipped in the mud! :eek:

And I want to cut Henrik's hair sooo bad! :biggrin:

eya 08-25-2018 04:50 AM

A Video from the family visit in festival yesterday

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...ender-festival

Muhler 08-25-2018 07:01 AM

And a well-illustrated BT article: https://www.bt.dk/royale/se-billeder...r-paa-festival

People were pleasantly surprised to see a relaxed Joachim.

They were actually supposed to have visited the nearby nature-area of the Wadden Sea, but the children had so much fun playing, that it was cancelled. Instead they were treated to ice-cream.

iceflower 08-25-2018 10:47 AM

Nice to hear that the children's wishes came first..:smile:

The Palace has shared some photos as well:

** kongehuset gallery **

HereditaryPrincess 08-25-2018 03:57 PM

:previous: It would appear that the family are back from their holiday in France.
It's nice to see them enjoying themselves at Tonder - little Henrik is not so little anymore; he's really grown and looks a lot like his older brother Nikolai IMO.

Muhler 08-30-2018 01:54 PM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #35, 2018.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Our Marie as patron of the Tønder festival brought her whole family, and they were having a great time! Especially the children, who played and really couldn't see any reason at all why they eventually had to leave, so mother Marie had to offer a little comfort to her daughter. As can be seen in the scans below.
Henrik, with very long hair, darted around and a favorite among children is always teasing mother. That included giving her a perhaps little too hard push, while walking through mud. Marie lost her balance but was rescued by some women standing close by. After that Marie gave her son a little hug: "You rascal, you."

Walking on stilts is tricky as young Athena found out, but she eventually almost, nearly, mastered the art - with a little help from dad.
Toppling cans with a ball is easier, of course it does suck a little if big brother is better...

But there was also time to actually listening to (the great) music. Athena sitting on her tall dad's shoulders had a great view. While Henrik siting on the shoulders of the even taller (!) mayor of Tønder, Henrik Frandsen, had an even better view.

All in all a nice family outing.

Here are the scans from the article:
https://app.box.com/s/izmeockl9tx5venclpf93p36z2gvy73h
https://app.box.com/s/r5p6tft4n3hifgojdy2qntdb71d8yayq
https://app.box.com/s/w5hzhdsxgopkolb86vymvhyvgytrvs93
https://app.box.com/s/pea1m3tcj9yrb8b9kimvvxt36ocsqfb3

The rest of the scans will be uploaded to the Faeroe thread, when I have written a summary.

Muhler 09-02-2018 01:49 PM

Some BB photos of Henrik and Athena with mom and dad at the Tønder Festival: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...lede-116178-10

Notice how well mademoiselle Athena is walking on her stilts, with only a little bit of help from dad... :smile: