The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Mohammed VI and Princess Lalla Salma and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f188/)
-   -   Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f188/princess-lalla-salmas-role-in-morocco-and-the-royal-family-23776.html)

amina1 01-08-2004 09:23 PM

Princess Lalla Salma's role in Morocco and the Royal Family
 
Don't you think that Lalla Salma gained a little weight? I think it's because that she is a mother now.
Also, I read that Lalla Salma does not work anymore where she used to as a computer scientist.

mya 01-08-2004 09:28 PM

of course she doesnt work anymore...she is now morocco's version of the queen...can you imagine her working????

amina1 01-08-2004 09:52 PM

Yes, at least she will take a position as her sisters in law do, she can't just stay in the house and sometimes appear in public, she will get borred because she is an outgoing person, she used to study and work!

mya 01-08-2004 10:01 PM

trust me she has a lot of charities that she is involved in...there is no time to sit and be bored

rosa 03-30-2004 03:11 AM

Princess Lalla Salma Current Events 1:
 
what does lalla salma make?
Since her visit in a day nursery in Paris in last December, salma doesn't absolutely have anything makes
At the time of the last Arabian woman convention, where were presented Asma El Assad, and Rania of jordan, that is lalla meryem that represented, morocco , at the time of the last earthquake in morocco, it is always lalla meryem that has visit wounded , then, what makes the first lady of morococ of her days?

laila_sahrazade 03-30-2004 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rosa@Mar 30th, 2004 - 2:11 am
what does lalla salma make?
Since her visit in a day nursery in Paris in last December, salma doesn't absolutely have anything makes
At the time of the last Arabian woman convention, where were presented Asma El Assad, and Rania of jordan, that is lalla meryem that represented, morocco , at the time of the last earthquake in morocco, it is always lalla meryem that has visit wounded , then, what makes the first lady of morococ of her days?

shopping and having a lavish live

love laila

mariam 03-30-2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

shopping and having a lavish live

love laila
you are just sorry that you are not in her shoes. tell me how many times did you see her shopping

Monalisa 03-30-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

you are just sorry that you are not in her shoes. tell me how many times did you see her shopping
i agree.
Not to see her on newspapers and gossips,doesn't meaning that she's spending her time on shopping,as we already saw doing some other royals B)
I believe that lalla salma is an intelligent woman who could help her people,but the protocol in morocco doesn't help her.
I believe that one's could make a difference through manipulating public opinion,by ovexposing to the medias,and one's who really works ,at least,real works don't need advertising :innocent: :rolleyes:

mya 03-30-2004 05:02 PM

we have to remember it is very unusual to even see the first lady in public...this is new to morocco so she is the first princess (married to the king) to have some kind of public life..let's give her some room to make an impact on society and pave a way for women in morocco...

yazz 03-31-2004 06:43 AM

Coming back to her problems with her sisters-in-law, don't you think they want to learn her the "diplomatic language" and she disagrees...
Her sisters-in-law think she's not able to have activities but everywhere else, each new first Lady, each new princess have activities immediately after her husband's election or her wedding, whatever her age or background, even Mette-Marit or Mrs Bush. In Paris, everyone notice she was very relevant, so much more pertinent than others princesses, so she's not unable.
i understand she would be very upset her sisters-in-law are thinking she's the only not able in the world. It's just a girls' affair between sisters who have very closed relationship with their brother, who made arranged marriages and who had been forbidden to make studies at university by their father.
That's why it's rather a problem of diplomatic behaviour : in meetings, you have to shake your hands and to congratulate everybody, even if you are totally against this person.

Jacqueline 03-31-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mya@Mar 30th, 2004 - 9:02 pm
we have to remember it is very unusual to even see the first lady in public...this is new to morocco so she is the first princess (married to the king) to have some kind of public life..let's give her some room to make an impact on society and pave a way for women in morocco...
I agree. There has really never been a public role for the wife of the King of Morocco. Therefore, Lalla Salma has to create her own role and that takes time.

rosa 03-31-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Monalisa@Mar 30th, 2004 - 3:44 pm
i agree.
Not to see her on newspapers and gossips,doesn't meaning that she's spending her time on shopping,as we already saw doing some other royals B)
I believe that lalla salma is an intelligent woman who could help her people,but the protocol in morocco doesn't help her.
I believe that one's could make a difference through manipulating public opinion,by ovexposing to the medias,and one's who really works ,at least,real works don't need advertising :innocent: :rolleyes:

Don’t you think that she should have gone, to comfort wounded of the earthquake of El Houceima? Or is it necessary also, to let him the time, to learn to be compassionate?
Mohamed VI tried to show to the international community that the situation of the Moroccan woman has evolve, I think therefore he would like to see his wife, more active because that would reinforce the picture of a modern morocco; therefore I don't think that it is the protocol that would stop Salma from acting; All depends solely on her

Balqis 03-31-2004 11:05 PM

She's young and she has a small child to look after and care for. The sisters of the King have grown-up children from what I gather. Salma has her priorities straight. Better to be at home and see her son grow than galavanting around Morocco or the world trying to solve problems that seem always never to be resolved. Should she be going just to be seen, to prove a point? Who knows how she really spends her private time. There are people in this world who actually don't need the spotlight to do good deeds. She's lucky that as the wife of an important man she still has some privacy AND private time.

rosa 04-03-2004 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by yazz@Mar 31st, 2004 - 5:43 am
Coming back to her problems with her sisters-in-law, don't you think they want to learn her the "diplomatic language" and she disagrees...
Her sisters-in-law think she's not able to have activities but everywhere else, each new first Lady, each new princess have activities immediately after her husband's election or her wedding, whatever her age or background, even Mette-Marit or Mrs Bush. In Paris, everyone notice she was very relevant, so much more pertinent than others princesses, so she's not unable.
i understand she would be very upset her sisters-in-law are thinking she's the only not able in the world. It's just a girls' affair between sisters who have very closed relationship with their brother, who made arranged marriages and who had been forbidden to make studies at university by their father.
That's why it's rather a problem of diplomatic behaviour : in meetings, you have to shake your hands and to congratulate everybody, even if you are totally against this person.
According to you, Salma is inactive because her sisters-in-law are jealous of her (salma made academic studies and not them, they made the arranged marriages and she a marriage of love (???))
these are only assumption, and me I have another one, perhaps, really salma is not made to be first lady of morocco, so as you say it, if she was perfected at the time of her displacement in France, she would have been more active since, it is maybe because she was not at the loftiness that she is invisible since
as for saying that salma is so honest that she refuses the diplomatic language, seriously if she was honest she would not accept to live in the luxury when the Moroccan people lives in misery

amina1 04-03-2004 05:01 PM

Where did you find out that Lalla Salma has problems with her sisters in-law? It does not mean that they have problems if they are not seen together in public, no one really knows what's going on in that royal family, and for Lalla Salma'appearance in public, I think that her husband and her know that she's new to the public world and needs time.
And queen rania when she was a princess I don't think that she was appearing that much as now in public.

isis 06-24-2004 06:37 AM

P.Lalla Salma seems very discret person, she doesn't appear a lot like others queens of meadle-eastern and europe and for me this is a good thing :heart:

gusto 06-24-2004 11:09 AM

Salma appers in public not less or more then most of arab women

rosa 06-26-2004 09:31 AM

Salma is enough discreet, it is not need to compare her to the other queens but merely to her sisters-in-law who are a lot more implied in the associative life

Mysterious 06-27-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rosa@Jun 26th, 2004 - 9:31 am
Salma is enough discreet, it is not need to compare her to the other queens but merely to her sisters-in-law who are a lot more implied in the associative life
What would you like to see lalla Salma do?

rosa 06-28-2004 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mysterious@Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:18 pm
What would you like to see lalla Salma do?
Morocco is a country where unfortunately problems don't lack, brilliant woman as she, would find easily a domain where she could bring something; for the meantime she seems enough unobtrusive to me compared to her sister-in-law , maybe she need of more than time to find her place


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises