The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Guillaume Finishes His Studies; July 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f121/guillaume-finishes-his-studies-july-2009-a-23206.html)

Marijke 07-01-2009 03:14 PM

Guillaume Finishes His Studies; July 2009

Guillaume Graduate at University of Angers in France!

wort.lu | Lëtzebuerg | Erbgroßherzog Guillaume beendet Studium

RTL.lu - National News - "Avec Mention": De Iefgroussherzog huet seng Uni gepackt

sgl 07-01-2009 06:01 PM

Congratulations to HGD Guillaume! Does anyone know what he plans to do now that he has graduated? Will he get a master's degree?

Emdave 07-01-2009 08:05 PM

Translate please! All I got out of the articles is that he is now licensed as a Political scientist..... which I take to be a "degree in political science"... help?

rociocristina 07-01-2009 11:11 PM

on the web page said that guillaume completed their Studies successfully, has the title of "licensed" in political science. After finishing school in Switzerland before they started the training in the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in United Kingdom.

Mrs Littrell 07-02-2009 12:13 AM

Congratulations to Guillaume :graduate: I guess he will now settle down somewhere in Paris:whistling: University of Angers connected with Catholic University of the West (not a surprise!) and encyclopedia says that Crown Princess Victoria graduated from CUW!

Lalla Meriem 07-02-2009 08:06 AM

He has already completed his undergraduate degree in the UK. This licentiate is the equivalent of a masters degree which is why they are stating that he is finished with his studies now. Unless he intends to seek a PhD there is no further study necessary.

This is exactly what I was talking about in the Felix thread things about Guillaume are only ever mentioned after they are completed never before or during while things about Felix are always up-to-date as they happen or even before.

Turkish Delight 07-02-2009 09:43 AM

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Guillaume finishes studies with honours

Lalla Meriem 07-02-2009 10:07 AM

I'm glad to see that he completed his degree with honors this should explain his absence from several events in Luxembourg over the past year or so and put to rest all the comments that were made when he left Durham Uni. after his relationship with Pia.

pretoriana18 07-02-2009 10:08 AM

ººººCongratulations to Guillaumeºººº

Opal 07-06-2009 10:57 PM

I'm confused. So where did he graduate his Political Science degree, in the UK or France? Is he going on to Sandhurst now or he's already been there?

Mrs Littrell 07-07-2009 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchat (Post 962692)
I'm confused. So where did he graduate his Political Science degree, in the UK or France? Is he going on to Sandhurst now or he's already been there?

He finished all his studies :flowers: Graduate in France (university, 2009), he's been in Sandhurst in 2002 (and in 2003?) ;)

princess_nor 07-07-2009 11:35 AM

Guillaume-complete his studies

I just find out that Prince Guillaume just complete his master studies. for more info you can check out at www.royalblog.nl

for prince guillaume congrats :flowers:

ps: first it will show in Dutch lang, just click icon "news summary", it will appeared in English.

alex001 07-07-2009 01:36 PM

I can't find it in the news summary, but I've found the article on the blog and even without a translator I don't think it's too hard to get the gist of. Anyway, congratulations to Guillaume!

EDIT: Actually, forget that, it is there, I just need new glasses: http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblog...-honours.html/

HMTLove23 07-07-2009 02:58 PM

Does this mean he will start his royal duties as the Hereditary Grand duke? And/Or could we expect an Engagement Announcement soon?

sgl 07-07-2009 04:49 PM

Congratulations to Guillaume! I didn't realize that he was working on a master's degree. Good for him. His hard work and educational accomplishment will no doubt come in handy when he becomes Grand Duke in the future.

Nitefeatherz 07-07-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lalla Meriem (Post 960800)
He has already completed his undergraduate degree in the UK. This licentiate is the equivalent of a masters degree which is why they are stating that he is finished with his studies now. Unless he intends to seek a PhD there is no further study necessary.

This is exactly what I was talking about in the Felix thread things about Guillaume are only ever mentioned after they are completed never before or during while things about Felix are always up-to-date as they happen or even before.

I wonder if it has something to do with the preference of the two brothers? Félix might be okay with up-to-date information being given out while Guillaume might prefer more privacy.

Lalla Meriem 07-07-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitefeatherz (Post 963042)
I wonder if it has something to do with the preference of the two brothers? Félix might be okay with up-to-date information being given out while Guillaume might prefer more privacy.

I'm sure you're probably correct on their preferences. Although, at one point I had come to suspect that Félix may have a hand in updating his own information. His information is always the most through and up-to-date. We always know where Félix is and rarely where anyone else is.

Opal 07-07-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell (Post 962771)
He finished all his studies :flowers: Graduate in France (university, 2009), he's been in Sandhurst in 2002 (and in 2003?) ;)

Thank you for clarifying Miss Littrell.

Mrs Littrell 07-08-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchat (Post 963108)
Thank you for clarifying Miss Littrell.

You're welcome :flowers:

"Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg finished his studies in political science at the university of Angers, France. He started his studies in 2002 in England, then studied in Switzerland, and since 2007 in France" :flowers:

Lalla Meriem 07-08-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Littrell (Post 963133)
You're welcome :flowers:

"Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg finished his studies in political science at the university of Angers, France. He started his studies in 2002 in England, then studied in Switzerland, and since 2007 in France" :flowers:

He completed his bachelors at Brunel University before heading to Switzerland and France (apparently).