The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   What Kingdom would you most like to be Monarch of (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/what-kingdom-would-you-most-like-to-be-monarch-of-23167.html)

Baroness Squigy 07-06-2009 02:53 AM

What Kingdom would you most like to be Monarch of

I personally like the Slavonic title of Tsarina, so I guess if I had my choice I would be Tsarina of Russia. You?

Jacknch 07-06-2009 04:11 AM

What a great question! For me it would have to be the ancient Kingdom of the Angles - East Anglia - I was born in Norfolk, currently live in Essex and am moving to Suffolk!

Marengo 07-06-2009 06:55 AM

One of the titles of the king of Portugal used to be 'king of either side of the sea in Africa' (Rei de além-mar em África). But 'king of Jerusalem' has a nice ring to it too, as does 'Byzanthine Emperor'.

Marsel 07-06-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness Squigy (Post 962254)
I personally like the Slavonic title of Tsarina, so I guess if I had my choice I would be Tsarina of Russia. You?

You could be Tsarina if you were the Consort of the Monarch.
The female Monarch would have the title "Tsaritza".

There are some sources that do not agree with the distinction above (mainly because pretty much all of Russia's female rulers never had much of use of either "Tsarina" and "Tsaritza"), however that’s the distinction we were taught even back at school.

I wouldn’t say no to the title “Shahanshah” (Great King) – unfortunately it never had a female form.

Empress Merel 07-06-2009 02:49 PM

Can I vote for Austria?

Lilla 07-06-2009 02:56 PM

The Kingdom of the USA - but I guess the citizens would be surprised to the degree of rebellion if they woke up one morning realising they were living in a monarchy called the UKA.....oops. My rule would be very short-lived..............

H.M. Margrethe 07-06-2009 03:10 PM

Queen Lene of Denmark has a nice ring to my ear *SS*

Lumutqueen 07-06-2009 03:11 PM

Ummm I would love to hold the title Electress of somewhere or Serene Highness of Monaco. :flowers:
But probably realisticly Crown Princess of Denmark would be good :smile:;)

Baroness Squigy 07-06-2009 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsel (Post 962334)
You could be Tsarina if you were the Consort of the Monarch.
The female Monarch would have the title "Tsaritza".

There are some sources that do not agree with the distinction above (mainly because pretty much all of Russia's female rulers never had much of use of either "Tsarina" and "Tsaritza"), however that’s the distinction we were taught even back at school.

I wouldn’t say no to the title “Shahanshah” (Great King) – unfortunately it never had a female form.

Oh. I always thought they were pretty much the same, but I actually like Tsaritsa better. Also, if I were to be a consort of a country it would be Germany, because Kaiserin of Germany is a nice title too.

Baroness Squigy 07-06-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Empress Merel (Post 962488)
Can I vote for Austria?

Why not? This is just for fun, so you can say whatever you want.

Dierna23 07-06-2009 08:34 PM

Queen of Kent :biggrin:

Very nice idea for a thread! Honestly, I always liked the title Tsarina very much too. But if I could choose a country, I think I would "take" Bohemia, Scotland or Normandy. Very historical, very romantic :smile:

claypoint2 07-06-2009 09:19 PM

I'd opt to be a Holy Roman Empress regnant of the house of Habsburg-Lorraine.... As if such a thing would have been possible!! :rofl::biggrin:

JulieS 07-06-2009 10:37 PM

Empress Julie of Austria would be great ;)

RoyalistRiley 07-08-2009 01:49 AM

I would take Germany, although Kaiser Riley doesn't flow very well

MAfan 07-08-2009 04:43 AM

I would like to be "only" a Prince of the Holy Roman Empire, with several large estates in Europe...

paola 07-08-2009 07:27 AM

I think I best become Queen Paola of .......

:ermm:Although, or maybe because, I live in monarchy.
[With a Queen who is at an age that most people wish to be retired.
Hope that she stays for some time to come though] :whistling:

Although, or maybe because, I have a soft spot for a Queen of a neighbouring country.:flowers:

I don't wish to change with them. :nonono: Or any other Queen to be honest.

So I think I best become Queen Paola of Nowhere*

*that is also near the coast, Netherlands b.t.w.

norenxaq 07-09-2009 01:29 AM

emperor of china

Archduchess Zelia 07-09-2009 09:15 AM

Tsaritza of Russia, Princess of Spain, Archduchess of Portugal (:flowers:) or Queen of Denmark

AnastasiaEvidence 07-09-2009 12:37 PM

The Romanov Russian Monarch under Nicholas II would be great. I like Russian history very much. Since the Romanov dynasty was one of the most powerful monarchs.

principessa 07-28-2009 04:37 PM

Empress of Austria, because:

- I like the country
- I like the Austrian Food
- the Austrians are very, very nice
- Vienna is a very beautiful city to live in