The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Spain (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Summer Holidays in Mallorca; 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f21/summer-holidays-in-mallorca-2009-a-23017.html)

Juanita 06-30-2009 09:30 AM

Summer Holidays in Mallorca; 2009

Is there any news on the this year's Summer holidays?
I have been looking for, but haven't found anything yet.

Ccile 06-30-2009 09:35 AM

The royal family won't be in Palma before the 25th of july. I read that in an article but I can't find it!

lula 06-30-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cécile76 (Post 959894)
The royal family won't be in Palma before the 25th of july. I read that in an article but I can't find it!

This year there will no be the Breitling Cup, so they will delay their arrival. The King and the Queen will be from July 30 to August 1 in Madeira invited by the President of Portugal.

Duke of Marmalade 06-30-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juanita (Post 959893)
Is there any news on the this year's Summer holidays?
I have been looking for, but haven't found anything yet.

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia_real/felipe_letizia_principes_asturias/los_principes_vacaciones_austeras
This article has some info about the SRF spending their holiday 2009. In order to avoid polemic attacks, it will be shorter and more moderate since many people can’t afford to go on holiday at all these days. Especially the yacht “Fortune” has been the centre of controversy as it costs a lot of money, cruising around with the Borbon women aboard watching their husbands sail does lack a bit common sense. But JC also tightens the belt in Marivent with several measures like exchanging lightbulbs, working with less staff, cancel newspaper abos. It is unlikely that the whole family will be together at some point, so surprise here as Cristina is moving to the US and Elena has her own plans as single parent, as last year already.

- neither Kings nor Princes will go to Majorca to attend the Breitling regatta but will only show up for the Copa del Rey at the end of July or beginning of August.
- with everybody working until end of July, there will be more or less 4 weeks to be spend. It is said that the Kings will do a “working holiday” in Portugal / Madeira and that the Princes will go to Asturias with their daughters.

lula 06-30-2009 10:06 AM

A journalist wrote a absurdity and others have copied it, but some measures (electrical cars, saving of energy, recycling), they are not new of this year. The journalists should find out and report more, and do less demagoguery.

The King, the Prince and the Princess are not precisely those who more use the Fortuna. I know it, speak about Letizia sells more, but if someone has used the ship in the last summers they are the Duke and Duchess of Palma, in this aspect they have abused very much in the last years.

Neither it is possible to say that the Prince had many vacations last year, between Olympic Games, trip to latin America and accident of plane... he did not have so many days.

Guido 06-30-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 959902)
http://www.diezminutos.es/familia_real/felipe_letizia_principes_asturias/los_principes_vacaciones_austeras
This article has some info about the SRF spending their holiday 2009. In order to avoid polemic attacks, it will be shorter and more moderate since many people can’t afford to go on holiday at all these days. Especially the yacht “Fortune” has been the centre of controversy as it costs a lot of money, cruising around with the Borbon women aboard watching their husbands sail does lack a bit common sense. But JC also tightens the belt in Marivent with several measures like exchanging lightbulbs, working with less staff, cancel newspaper abos. It is unlikely that the whole family will be together at some point, so surprise here as Cristina is moving to the US and Elena has her own plans as single parent, as last year already.

There was a news about it on TVE a few days ago. The Spanish royal family spend too much money on their summer vacations. No wonder their costs have been cut.

lula 06-30-2009 10:55 AM

It is not so simple, I do not believe that they spend not much not little, always there are things that can adjust and more in times of crisis.

But not everything is an expense and it also it is necessary to analyze it. The Royal Family is image and advertising for the Balearic Islands, which economy is based fundamentally on the tourism. To have the photos of the Royal Family in the national and international press is great advertising for the tourism. And it is an effect multiplies with international visits like happened with the Prince of Wales, the Clinton, the Jordanian Royal Family...

They spend the vacations in Spain, spend the money in Spain and do advertising of Spain. When the Prince married Letizia the businessmen of the Balearic Islands suffered panic only of thinking that the Prince and the Princess might move their vacations to Asturias.

Carminha Stalker 07-13-2009 07:09 AM

Yes, I agree with you, LULA. I think the very presence of the royal family in the Balearics and also the fact they spent their holidays and their money there is a plus for a country like Spain where tourism is so important.

LadyFinn 07-25-2009 02:32 AM

A LA CAZA DE LA FOTO SOÑADA / EL MUNDO
The huge amount of photographers are waiting the Royal Family to arrive to Mallorca. They have one aim: to catch a photo of princess Letizia in a bikini, that could give them big, big, money.
Apparently Felipe will travel to Ecuador in August and that will break his holiday.

German press writing about how king Juan Carlos shortens the summer vacation in Mallorca:
Spanischer Hof spart: Zwei Wochen weniger Mallorca-Urlaub - Bild.de

lula 07-28-2009 09:01 AM

The infantas Elena and Cristina already are in Mallorca, in Marivent's palace, enjoying of their first days of vacations. Their children began yesterday their first summer lessons of sail in the school of sail Calanova

Las infantas Elena y Cristina empiezan sus vacaciones en Mallorca

principessa 07-28-2009 10:11 AM

Does anyone know, where the photo in this report were taken?

Ccile 07-28-2009 10:33 AM

I do hope that the crown prince family will arrive in Palma this weekend!

Duke of Marmalade 07-28-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 972171)
Does anyone know, where the photo in this report were taken?

the picture is from september last year when both infantas attended the same event with the kings.
Sus Altezas Reales las Infantas Doña Elena y Doña Cristina, madrinas de los barcos "Telefónica Negro" y "Telefónica Azul", participantes en la Vuelta al Mundo de Vela "Volvo Ocean Race". Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Ccile 07-28-2009 12:13 PM

Cristina et Elena d'Espagne en vacances avec leurs enfants... c'est tout une colo qui débarque !

Carminha Stalker 07-28-2009 01:41 PM

How wonderful to see the two infantas and their broods. Hope there will be plenty of photos!

lula 07-29-2009 04:19 AM

The Queen has gone forward a few days to her official vacations and already she is in Mallorca. Yesterday she was seen for the first time to gather to her grandchildren in the School of Sail Calanova.

La Reina se adelanta al veraneo oficial - Actual - Diario de Mallorca

iceflower 07-29-2009 08:06 AM

Queen Sofia, Princess Cristina and Elena pick up their children
from sailing lessons in Mallorca.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **belga gallery **

LadyFinn 07-29-2009 08:09 AM

Photos of queen Sofia with Infantas Elena and Cristina, the children and princess Irene
Las infantas en comienzan sus vacaciones en Mallorca - Diez Minutos

lula 07-29-2009 09:09 AM

Video

La Reina se adelanta al veraneo oficial - Antena 3 Noticias

Photos Prisma

http://www.prismanews.com/spip.php?article6384

madeleine victoria 07-29-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 972600)
Queen Sofia, Princess Cristina and Elena pick up their children
from sailing lessons in Mallorca.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **belga gallery **

This is really cool especially if you have the money. Glad to see that the children share the same passion with their parents.