The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia; June 12, 2004 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f48/baptism-of-princess-catharina-amalia-june-12-2004-a-2257.html)

xxPatrickxx 05-11-2004 09:46 AM

Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia; June 12, 2004
 
Saterday 12 June, the baptize of Princess Catharina-Amalia:

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia, de dochter van Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima, wordt zaterdag 12 juni 2004 gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk te Den Haag. De doopdienst wordt geleid door ds. C.A. ter Linden, emeritus-predikant van de Kloosterkerk te Den Haag.
Prinses Catharina-Amalia werd 7 december 2003 geboren in het Bronovo Ziekenhuis te Den Haag. De Nederlands Hervormde predikant Ter Linden was eveneens voorganger bij de kerkelijke inzegening van het huwelijk van de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima, op 2 februari 2002 in de Nieuwe Kerk te Amsterdam. De Prins werd zelf in september 1967 eveneens gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk.

Message:

Youth with Baptize Catharina-Amalia

Zijne Koninklijk Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden hebben een delegatie van kinderen uit het gehele land uitgenodigd om de doop van hun dochter Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia bij te wonen. Vijftien kinderen in de brugklasleeftijd (12 à 13 jaar) per provincie en de vier grote steden zullen op 12 juni 2004 in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk in Den Haag een jeugdig accent geven aan de plechtigheid.

The Watcher 05-11-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by patje@May 11th, 2004 - 8:46 am
Saterday 12 June, the baptize of Princess Catharina-Amalia:

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia, de dochter van Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima, wordt zaterdag 12 juni 2004 gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk te Den Haag. De doopdienst wordt geleid door ds. C.A. ter Linden, emeritus-predikant van de Kloosterkerk te Den Haag.
Prinses Catharina-Amalia werd 7 december 2003 geboren in het Bronovo Ziekenhuis te Den Haag. De Nederlands Hervormde predikant Ter Linden was eveneens voorganger bij de kerkelijke inzegening van het huwelijk van de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima, op 2 februari 2002 in de Nieuwe Kerk te Amsterdam. De Prins werd zelf in september 1967 eveneens gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk.

Message:

Youth with Baptize Catharina-Amalia

Zijne Koninklijk Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden hebben een delegatie van kinderen uit het gehele land uitgenodigd om de doop van hun dochter Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia bij te wonen. Vijftien kinderen in de brugklasleeftijd (12 à 13 jaar) per provincie en de vier grote steden zullen op 12 juni 2004 in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk in Den Haag een jeugdig accent geven aan de plechtigheid.

English article about it:

Dutch princess' christening an event for the kids
11 May 2004

AMSTERDAM — Prince Willem-Alexander and Princes Maxima are inviting hundreds of children from right across the Netherlands to attend the baptism of their daughter Princess Catharina-Amalia.

Fifteen children aged 12 to 13 from every province and from the four largest Dutch cities — Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht — will be given the chance to attend the event, newspaper Algemeen Dagblad reported.

In total, 225 children will attend the June christening of the Netherlands’ future queen, the Government Information Service (RVD) said on Tuesday. The children will be selected by the province.

Princess Amalia was born on 7 December 2003 in The Hague and will be christened on Saturday 12 June in the Grote of St. Jacobskerk in The Hague.

[Copyright Expatica
News 2004]

carlota 05-11-2004 03:37 PM

are there any photos? maybe in the netherlands it isn't popular to make photos at baptisms......

liv 05-11-2004 03:42 PM

I don´t know if I understood you correctly but the baptism will take place on Saturday, June 12th,2004,so there are no pics yet.

carlota 05-11-2004 03:52 PM

i've not read the article, for some reason i thought it was only the notice of some kind of private baptism.. sorry! :huh:

moosey60 05-11-2004 10:02 PM

Hehe, start wooing the subjects now, eh? That's a very fine idea. I'd hate to be in the situation to choose 15 kids in my province. I wouldn't know where to start. I'd hate to insult someone. Is this a new concept? It's very creative in my opinion.

ally_cooper 05-12-2004 10:01 AM

I think that choose this children is wonderful idea.

royal_sophietje 05-12-2004 10:49 AM

I hope the NOS will broadcast it live on television....

DDD 06-04-2004 11:11 AM

Princess Victoria will be in the Netherlands at the baptism of princess Catharina-Amalia.
See the link ( at june the 12th)
http://www.royalcourt.se/net/Kungl.+Hovsta...v/1086337327632

royal_sophietje 06-04-2004 12:19 PM

I knew, I knew it!!!

Victoria is godparent!!!!!!

Because she is coming to the baptism, that has to mean something!!!

A big hug for Victoria

carlota 06-04-2004 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ally_cooper@May 12th, 2004 - 9:01 am
I think that choose this children is wonderful idea.
me too! :P another time maxima and wa mark the difference...

tiaraprin 06-04-2004 12:44 PM

I think it is a beautiful idea that Willem and Maxima are inviting children from all parts of the Netherlands to attend the christening. Bravo to Willem and Maxima!! ;)

tiaraprin 06-04-2004 12:47 PM

Have the godparents been officially named as of yet???

royal_sophietje 06-04-2004 01:51 PM

Not yet. The Dutch court is always late with that kind of announcements.

USCtrojan 06-04-2004 02:55 PM

[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]I can't wait to see photos.

And oooh how cool, Victoria as a possible godparent for the future Queen?


Ahhh how neat!

tiaraprin 06-04-2004 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 4th, 2004 - 12:51 pm
Not yet. The Dutch court is always late with that kind of announcements.
Thank you Sophie!! ;) :flower:

royal_sophietje 06-05-2004 05:12 AM

In the newspaper was written that it the Dutch court confirmed CP Victoria is godmother to little Amalia!!

Lena 06-05-2004 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 5th, 2004 - 10:12 am
In the newspaper was written that it the Dutch court confirmed CP Victoria is godmother to little Amalia!!
Which newpaper...and were there other godparents mentioned too?

royal_sophietje 06-05-2004 08:11 AM

In the dutch newspaper BN de Stem. Other godparents weren't mentioned.

stacy 06-06-2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:11 pm
In the dutch newspaper BN de Stem. Other godparents weren't mentioned.
is this a credible paper?
it seems a bit strange that they do not know any other godparents if they know for a fact that victoria will be one


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises