The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   Earl and Countess of Wessex trip to Canada and the US, June 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/earl-and-countess-of-wessex-trip-to-canada-and-the-us-june-2009-a-22322.html)

iceflower 06-05-2009 02:38 AM

Earl and Countess of Wessex trip to Canada and the US, June 2009
 
Since some days Edward and Sophie are in Canada, they have
a lot of engagements, but we do not get much pics of these..

Here are at least some pics from yesterday:


Prince Edward is greeted by Veronica Goddard of the Haida Gwai
First Nation as he arrives at Vancouver Technical Secondary School
in Vancouver B C , June 4, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

ghost_night554 06-05-2009 02:58 AM

I saw footage on Global news I had forgotten all about the trip so when I heard he was here I screamed haha totally scared my parents. How many days are they here for?

Mermaid1962 06-05-2009 02:31 PM

This trip has gone completely under my radar.:ermm: So thank you very much for the pictures, iceflower!:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 947871)
Since some days Edward and Sophie are in Canada, they have
a lot of engagements, but we do not get much pics of these..

Here are at least some pics from yesterday:


Prince Edward is greeted by Veronica Goddard of the Haida Gwai
First Nation as he arrives at Vancouver Technical Secondary School
in Vancouver B C , June 4, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **


Mermaid1962 06-05-2009 02:33 PM

HELLO! CANADA will likely have some great pictures in a week or two. I'll be on the outlook for that. Hopefully MAJESTY will have some as well.:flowers:

Are you still planning to try to see them, ghost_night554?


Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 947874)
I saw footage on Global news I had forgotten all about the trip so when I heard he was here I screamed haha totally scared my parents.


ghost_night554 06-05-2009 08:18 PM

I'd love to but I doubt I'll have a chance, seems they're only here for two days according to what reports I've read
Prince Edward and Princess Sophie arrive this side of the pond - hellomagazine.ca

Mermaid1962 06-05-2009 08:38 PM

"Princess Sophie"?! Oh dear...I hope that they get the titles right for the print edition.:smile:

Thanks for the link, ghost_night.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_night554 (Post 948292)
I'd love to but I doubt I'll have a chance, seems they're only here for two days according to what reports I've read
Prince Edward and Princess Sophie arrive this side of the pond - hellomagazine.ca


ghost_night554 06-06-2009 01:10 AM

Your welcome here's more coverage
Prince Edward praises Duke of Edinburgh winners in Vancouver
Prince Edward breaks bread with mayor in Surrey
Surrey Leader - Royal visits Surrey


ETA: Some more
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1171955/
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1169911/
http://www.news1130.com/news/local/m...04_144133_6064
This one which I thought was very important. So now we have the possibility of Charles,Camilla, The Queen, The Duke as well as the Earl and Countess visiting us next year for the Olympics/Paralympics
http://www.google.com/hostednews/can...BnZ2jCONLE83ag

iceflower 06-06-2009 03:31 AM

Pics 5.6.2009
 
Britain's Prince Edward salutes while walking with Mayor Gregor
Robertson during a ceremony in Vancouver, British Columbia June
5, 2009. Prince Edward was taking part in celebrations marking
the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Navy.

The second pic looks really great with the bridge, the band..


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Mermaid1962 06-06-2009 03:01 PM

He must have some sort of honourary position with the Canadian Navy. Never heard of it.


Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 948387)
Britain's Prince Edward salutes while walking with Mayor Gregor
Robertson during a ceremony in Vancouver, British Columbia June
5, 2009. Prince Edward was taking part in celebrations marking
the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Navy.

The second pic looks really great with the bridge, the band..


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **


Mermaid1962 06-06-2009 03:03 PM

Where's Sophie?

sgl 06-06-2009 03:52 PM

She's right here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/7668-c...sit-to-canada/

She is very busy with several engagements of her own during the visit. Hopefully, the snow stayed away from the tea party and museum opening that she is scheduled to attend as guest of honor today.

wbenson 06-06-2009 03:55 PM

He's wearing a (UK) Royal Fleet Auxilliary uniform (he's their Honorary Commodore), not a Canadian Forces Maritime Command uniform. In the 4th picture, you can see a diamond-shaped executive curl on the sleeve insignia. Canada doesn't have the executive curl. The shoulder insignia in Canada is also on plain black, not gold.

Mermaid1962 06-06-2009 10:14 PM

Thank you for the information, wbenson. As proud a Canadian as I am, I confess to not knowing our uniforms very well.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 948621)
He's wearing a (UK) Royal Fleet Auxilliary uniform (he's their Honorary Commodore), not a Canadian Forces Maritime Command uniform. In the 4th picture, you can see a diamond-shaped executive curl on the sleeve insignia. Canada doesn't have the executive curl. The shoulder insignia in Canada is also on plain black, not gold.


ghost_night554 06-06-2009 10:28 PM

So here's a video from Friday:
http://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver.../47058722.html
and a picture and article
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, honours youths' success

sgl 06-06-2009 11:08 PM

Countess Sophie honored veterans at a military museum today:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/7722-c...-day-ceremony/

Mermaid1962 06-07-2009 03:32 PM

Thank you, sgl. I enjoy listening to the Countess speak; her voice is so light and feminine.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 948792)
Countess Sophie honored veterans at a military museum today:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/7722-c...-day-ceremony/


sgl 06-07-2009 04:02 PM

You're welcome! Today, the Countess attended (and participated in) a church service:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/7776-c...sit-to-canada/

She also conducted the inspection of her regiment. I wish that there were some photos of Sophie with the children, but there haven't been any released yet.

muriel 06-08-2009 09:31 AM

Edward & Sophie seem to be doing a good job on their trip to Canada. Its a pity though, that the UK press does not seem to be taking much notice!

iceflower 06-08-2009 12:07 PM

Here are two more pics from yesterday:

Prince Edward the Earl of Wessex arrives at a military service in
Calgary Sunday June 7 2009 The Prince attended the service to
hand out awards and review local cadets.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Al_bina 06-08-2009 12:22 PM

It is nice that Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex undertook an engagement in Canada. It seems to me that the above couple has been assigned to deal with Canada. Sadly the UK press is more interested in publishing negative things about Prince Edward. He does not look impressive in a military uniform though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises