The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Scandinavian Heirs Trip to Greenland; May 27-June 1, 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/scandinavian-heirs-trip-to-greenland-may-27-june-1-2009-a-21585.html)

Lena 05-11-2009 06:45 AM

Scandinavian Heirs Trip to Greenland; May 27-June 1, 2009
 
As it seems Haakon, Frederik and Victoria repeat their project from last year and deal with climate changes...this time not in Svalbard, but Greenland.

D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - De skandinaviske tronfølgere til Grønland

I wonder, when they would move to climate protection.

lyndaW 05-11-2009 11:30 AM

Did I read somewhere that the Queen and Prince Henrik are alo going to Greenland ??

Lilla 05-11-2009 11:39 AM

Yes, they are going to Greenland as well along with the CP Couple. But it's not the same trip as this one. Their trip is an official visit to celebrate the independance of Greenland.

Lumutqueen 05-11-2009 03:15 PM

How come Mette-Marit or Mary don't accompany the heirs on the trip?Should be a good event.x

Turkish Delight 05-27-2009 01:50 PM

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway are seen during the first day of their visit to Greenland. The Scandinavian Royals heirs is visiting Greenland to study the climate change.
http://i62.tinypic.com/119ukw8.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/okua28.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/2e4cg0w.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2sbpm5h.jpg

Lumutqueen 05-28-2009 09:28 AM

Love Frederiks jumper. :)
A wonderful event. Is there a plan of what they will be doing?
x

Nathalie Cox 05-28-2009 10:31 AM

Nice pics Turkish Delight! I like Frederick's jumper too. He and Victoria are dressed very casual but Haakon is not cold with that suit? I've heard that Victoria love them as her big brothers and I think we can see that in pics.:flowers: Are they related? (although most of royal houses are related to each other)

Tricota 05-28-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilla (Post 933757)
Yes, they are going to Greenland as well along with the CP Couple. But it's not the same trip as this one. Their trip is an official visit to celebrate the independance of Greenland.

Well, its hardly the "independence of Greenland"...;)

nulle30 05-28-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turkish Delight (Post 943985)
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway are seen during the first day of their visit to Greenland. The Scandinavian Royals heirs is visiting Greenland to study the climate change.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank


Frederik looks verd i think ?

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk

Lumutqueen 05-28-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox (Post 944397)
Nice pics Turkish Delight! I like Frederick's jumper too. He and Victoria are dressed very casual but Haakon is not cold with that suit? I've heard that Victoria love them as her big brothers and I think we can see that in pics.:flowers: Are they related? (although most of royal houses are related to each other)

King Carl Gustav and Queen Margrethe are first cousins. Which I assume makes Frederik and Victoria Second Cousins?
King Carl Gustav and King Harald Of Norway are double third cousin and second cousin once removed. I have no idea what that makes Victoria and Haakon. But they are extremly close, like brothers and sisters.
x

Lilla 05-28-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricota (Post 944408)
Well, its hardly the "independence of Greenland"...;)

At the 24th of november 2008 Greenland had a refferendum on "independance". A yes meant that the Greenlandic people would be recognized in international legal sense. The Greenlandic language would be lifted up as the official language, and the Greenlanders would have absolute and sovereign power to decide themselves when the ties to Denmark are to be broken completely. The result of the refferendum was a qlear yes.

This is what QMII, the Prince Consort and the CP Couple are going to Greenland to celebrate.

But you are right Tricota. Greenland still lack to take the final step in breaking compleatly with Denmark - as it, IMO, is really bad business for them to loose the subsidies from the Danish state ;).

Tricota 05-28-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilla (Post 944506)
At the 24th of november 2008 Greenland had a refferendum on "independance". A yes meant that the Greenlandic people would be recognized in international legal sense. The Greenlandic language would be lifted up as the official language, and the Greenlanders would have absolute and sovereign power to decide themselves when the ties to Denmark are to be broken completely. The result of the refferendum was a qlear yes.


This is what QMII, the Prince Consort and the CP Couple are going to Greenland to celebrate.


But you are right Tricota. Greenland still lack to take the final step in breaking compleatly with Denmark - as it, IMO, is really bad business for them to loose the subsidies from the Danish state ;).

They have always had the right to say no to the Kingdom. All major decisions are still made in Copenhagen regarding political, security, defence, legal, social and financial matter and we still send a few billion dkr up there every year. So I still would not say that they are close to any kind of independence. A small step and a very long journey perhaps, but thats about it.

Al_bina 05-28-2009 04:12 PM

Is there a necessity for Greenland to break away from Denmark? The Kingdom of Denmark does not come across as an oppressive state.

ANP Beeldbank
(originally posted by TurkishDelight)
Crown Princes and Crown Princess seems to have a good time visiting Greenland. Prince Frederic looks tired. Prince Haakon is a personification of a true fairy tale Prince.

Lilla 05-28-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricota (Post 944571)
They have always had the right to say no to the Kingdom. All major decisions are still made in Copenhagen regarding political, security, defence, legal, social and financial matter and we still send a few billion dkr up there every year. So I still would not say that they are close to any kind of independence. A small step and a very long journey perhaps, but thats about it.

In my post I was refering to what is written in this article:

Grønlands store valg*| Kristeligt Dagblad

"Hvis Grønland stemmer ja, vil det grønlandske folk blive anerkendt i folkeretslig forstand. Det grønlandske sprog vil blive løftet op som det officielle sprog, og grønlænderne vil helt suverænt selv kunne afgøre, hvornår båndene til Danmark brydes helt, og Grønland kan kalde sig en selvstændigt nation, der geografisk vil blive det 13. største land i verden".

What exactly the new status of Greenland means regarding political, security, defence, legal, social and financial matter I do not know. But if you can direct me to an article or website that can expand the issue - I would be very pleased. I would also like you to dirict me to an article or website that supports the claim that they alwayes have had the right to say no to the Kingdom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 944583)
Is there a necessity for Greenland to break away from Denmark? The Kingdom of Denmark does not look like an oppressive state.

No, there is no necessity for Greenland to break away from Denmark if the only question was about Denmark being oppressive or not. But this is also about who has the right to utilise the mineral, oil and gas deposits in the subsoil of Greenland plus the ownership of the waters surrounding Greenland including the fishing-rights and rights to utilise the subsoil underneath the sea. So far it has been Denmark.

In this regard the Greenlanders newly gained sovereign power to decide themselves when the ties to Denmark are to be broken completely, is a very importand sovereign power.

As things are right now, it seems to me that Greenland is dependent on the Danish subsidies. So far it has not been economicly cost-effective to extract the ressources in the Greenlandic subsoil. One day it perhaps will be - when sufficient technological improvements has been done and when sufficient other deposits around the rest of the world has been drained. When or if that day comes Greenland can cut the ties to Denmark completely.

Tricota 05-29-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilla (Post 944592)
In my post I was refering to what is written in this article:

Grønlands store valg*| Kristeligt Dagblad

What exactly the new status of Greenland means regarding political, security, defence, legal, social and financial matter I do not know. But if you can direct me to an article or website that can expand the issue - I would be very pleased. I would also like you to dirict me to an article or website that supports the claim that they alwayes have had the right to say no to the Kingdom.

I know what you are refearing to. These issues however, has always been handled in Copenhagen and that will remain the same. They will be able to take over more issues, except for the once mentioned.

See -
Rigsfællesskabet - Udenrigsministeriet

As for Greenlands independence, I will refear to former Prime Minister Poul Nyrup Rasmussen, who openly said that Greenland could move to become independent whenever they wanted to, as long as they were prepared to pay for it themselfs.

Florencia 05-29-2009 08:13 AM

Pic ANP
 
Crown Princess Victoria is seen during her visit to the Copenhagen University Polar Explorer station in Qeqertarsuaq, Greenland. Victoria commented the recent kidney transplant of her fiancé Daniel Westling. Foto Andrea Gjestvang ANP Beeldbank

sgl 05-29-2009 12:41 PM

I love seeing photos of the three royals together. They seem like they are very close friends, not just cousins, who really have fun together. I hope that their close relationship is passed on to their children, and that they grow up to become friends.

Lumutqueen 05-29-2009 12:49 PM

Billed-Bladet - Frederik, Victoria og Haakon: Fra Fredensborg til Grønland

Article of them leaving fredensborg and pictures of the three of them together at various events.
x

nulle30 05-29-2009 02:03 PM

What have Frederik, Victoria and Haakon done on there trip to Greenland ?

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
www.skysite.dk/marydk
www.marie-og-mary.blogspot.com

vestfoldlilja 05-29-2009 07:42 PM

Links from Norwegian media

Victoria: – Frustrerende å være borte fra Daniel - Nyheter - Kongelige - Aftenposten.no

Tronarvingene møtte grønlandske fangstmenn - VG Nett

Victoria: - Frustrerende å være borte fra Daniel*|* TV 2 Nyhetene

Kongelig trio blant isfjell - MSN Video Video

Tronarvinger studerer klimaendringer på Grønland - VG Nett om Kongehuset

It's nice to see them together again :smile:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises