The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Official visit to the US: April 21-24, 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/official-visit-to-the-us-april-21-24-2009-a-21038.html)

Adamari 04-06-2009 12:27 PM

Official visit to the US: April 21-24, 2009

The Qatar News Agency reported on Sunday that King Abdullah had accepted an invitation from Barack Obama to make a state visit to the United States sometime in the future.

I can't find the link on the news agency's website anymore — it appears to only keep the most recent headlines. I also can't find info anywhere else on this, but it might be worthwhile keeping an eye out for this potential development.

salma 04-06-2009 12:47 PM

Queen Rania said that she and King will be to USA this month or May but she donīt say date.

Mademoiselle Lilo 04-12-2009 11:05 AM

King Abdullah and Queen Rania to visit US

King to meet US president: Petra

salma 04-12-2009 12:58 PM

I canīt wait to see Rania and Michelle together.

Little_star 04-12-2009 03:48 PM

Me too, salma!

Will King Abdullah be the first Middle Eastern monarch to visit Obama? I know he had talks with the Saudi king in London during the G20 but I couldn't remember if Obama had received any Arab heads of state yet.

TLLK 04-12-2009 05:06 PM

I know that they met during the campaign. The king drove then Sen. Obama from the airport. From my own perspective, it is simply amazing to me as a woman in her mid-forties that MY generation is now "grown up" enough to be the leaders in this world.

Veram98 04-12-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star (Post 920946)
Me too, salma!

Will King Abdullah be the first Middle Eastern monarch to visit Obama? I know he had talks with the Saudi king in London during the G20 but I couldn't remember if Obama had received any Arab heads of state yet.

Yes, he will become the first Middle Eastern leader to meet with U.S. President Obama in Washington.

Jordan's king to meet Obama in U.S. - UPI.com

shrifia 04-13-2009 10:09 AM

what about Hosni Mubarak?
I beleive that he was the first arab leaders invited by the american administration to visit US,anyone know if this visit happen? I didn't follow will what happen next:smile:
this new visit to USA is an official,state one or what??
thanks.

Mademoiselle Lilo 04-13-2009 02:07 PM

:previous:you're right Shrifia Hosni Mubarak got invitation to visit US,her so even visit USA to prepare his father visit,if i understand well what i read both side want a good preparation for this visit,so he didn't visit yet what make King Abdullah the first one to meet Obama:smile:

Little_star 04-13-2009 02:55 PM

Mubarak's visit to Washington has not been confirmed yet apparently:
U.S. strikes new tack in Mideast - Winnipeg Free Press

This visit is an official, working trip; not a state visit.

dazzling 04-15-2009 12:13 PM

Has it been mentioned anywhere how long the visit is ?

shrifia 04-15-2009 02:06 PM

:previous: petra talk about "a several-day working visit",and they are already in US,they arrive to Washington today King arrives in Washington

Mademoiselle Lilo 04-15-2009 02:50 PM

:previous: already!!so they'll spend some times there??
no photos for the arrival?

dazzling 04-15-2009 03:00 PM

King Abdullah must be quite tired from all the travelling he has been doing in the past 2 weeks. The meeting with Obama is on April 21 and the royals are in Washington, do we have dates of when King will give the speech and if Rania is going to have her own activities and if they will be visiting any other state besides Washington?

chelsea 04-16-2009 07:35 AM

Rania didn't arrive with the king. I saw her in London yesterday evening. She must be following on.

asturiana 04-16-2009 02:20 PM

Lucky you. Would love to see her in real live. Was she alone or with her kids?

chelsea 04-17-2009 09:59 AM

she was alone

Veram98 04-17-2009 07:12 PM

King Abdullah II meets with Arab, Muslim and Jewish American leaders

Embassy of Jordan (Washington, D.C.) - Press Release

Little_star 04-18-2009 09:44 AM

At the Global Philanthropy Forum's 8th Annual Conference, taking place next week in Washington, DC, His Highness the Aga Khan, Secretary Hillary Clinton, Her Majesty Queen Rhania of Jordan, Nobel Laureate Muhammad Yunus and White House Climate Czar Corol Browner will be among those leaders joining 500 philanthropists for careful reflection on some of our most pressing international and dome
stic issues -- including poverty at home and abroad.
The Chronicle of Philanthropy: Live Discussions
Has Rania met Hillary Clinton before? I know she's worked with Mohammed Yunus several times but I couldn't recall if she and Hillary had ever met.

Veram98 04-18-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star (Post 923220)
Has Rania met Hillary Clinton before? I know she's worked with Mohammed Yunus several times but I couldn't recall if she and Hillary had ever met.

they met several times, for example in November 1999 when the then First Lady visited the Middle East (including Jordan).

BBC News | Middle East | Hillary Clinton criticises Mrs Arafat