The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Victoria & Daniel's Engagement Reception at the Royal Palace; April 17, 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/victoria-and-daniels-engagement-reception-at-the-royal-palace-april-17-2009-a-20968.html)

Josefine 04-04-2009 02:23 PM

Victoria & Daniel's Engagement Reception at the Royal Palace; April 17, 2009

april 17th there will be some sort of event becouse of the engagment of victoria and daniel
is it a gala event you think?

Quote:

fredag 17/4 Mottagning med anledning av förlovningen mellan H.K.H. Kronprinsessan och Herr Daniel Westling, Kungliga slottet i Stockholm – Kungaparet, Kronprinsessan, Daniel Westling

rop81 04-06-2009 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine (Post 918047)
april 17th there will be some sort of event becouse of the engagment of victoria and daniel
is it a gala event you think?

I thought about that too - but i wouldn´t get my hopes up as it says "mottagning" - maybe some formal congratulation-cermony from official sweden? But let´s hope it means a gala-dinner, although it would then have made more sence posting it as dinner...

Boris 04-06-2009 05:32 PM

It's called a reception, so no gala dinner, but probably meaning short dresses and most likely business suits as dress code.
I hope for the extended Bernadotte family to attend, as well as the Westling family, since they were absent from the official part on the actual engagement day.

sgl 04-06-2009 05:38 PM

I do hope to see more of the Westling family. I don't really recall seeing very much of them, aside from the day the engagement was announced. Hopefully, they will be in attendance.

madeleine victoria 04-09-2009 10:47 PM

So this means we will see almost all representatives of the royal families around the globe? This will be fun!

JessRulz 04-10-2009 12:28 AM

I doubt any royals apart from the Swedish ones will be attending, if not just those listed on the calender. It's only a reception, no mention of a gala dinner; so there would be no point for other royals to head over to Sweden for it.

Like previous posters said, I think this will be more a government thing.

Josefine 04-17-2009 07:58 AM

wonder if there will be some photos.
to bad there will be no gala.

LadyFinn 04-17-2009 12:07 PM

An article about the reception:
Aftonbladet/Nu möter Victoria och Daniel Sverige

Photos:
Social Democratic party leader Mona Sahlin greets Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling at the Royal Palace . Representatives of the official Sweden were invited to a reception at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on the occasion of the engagement between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Eva Hamilton, head of SVT, Swedish Television
ANP Beeldbank
Sweden's Deputy Prime Minister Maud Olofsson
ANP Beeldbank
Thomas Peterssohn, ceo of Swedish news agency TT
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Prince Carl Philip greets Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Lots of Photos:
BelgaPicture - Category details

Lumutqueen 04-17-2009 12:33 PM

I very much like Victorias outfit.
What a wonderful event, makes me want the wedding to come sooner :)
x

Ccile 04-17-2009 12:47 PM

Victoria and Daniel look great!!! they seem to have a really good relationship with Carl Philip!!

Can't wait for this wedding!!

LadyFinn 04-17-2009 01:35 PM

Officiell hyllning av Victoria och Daniel | SvD
During two hour reception at the Royal Palace guests paraded one by one, congratulated the engaged couple and exchanged a few words with the Royal Couple and other guests before they went on to the newly renovated Bernadotte gallery to have some bubbling.
- It was nice to visit the couple, they looked so happy out, says Lena K Samuelsson, SvD's chief editor, who was one of the guests.

Hallå där Sven Johansson... - Arbetarbladet
Sven Johansson, chief editor of Arbetarbladet, said that Daniel was gallant today, he did a very good impression. Daniel said to Johansson that it was nice that Johansson is from Gästrikland, he said it felt like home. He also said he knows Arbetarbladet well because he has it home on the kitchen table.

Josefine 04-17-2009 01:47 PM

why were madeleine abcent?

Turkish Delight 04-17-2009 01:51 PM

Victoria & Daniel look very happy! They seem to enjoy!

lilou 04-17-2009 02:29 PM

They seems so happy and great!!!! They are fabulous. It's me or Victoria are more glamourous and stuning since the engament

Turkish Delight 04-17-2009 03:24 PM

More photos::flowers:
Gallery IBL
Victoria de Suède et son futur mari : cette fois-ci, c'est vraiment, vraiment... officiel !

suztav 04-17-2009 03:36 PM

Have there been any official photographs yet of the couple w/Daniel's family?

Turkish Delight 04-17-2009 03:40 PM

Representatives of the official Sweden were invited to a reception at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on the occasion of the engagement between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

County Governor Goran Tunhammar greets Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling at the Royal Palace in Stockholm Friday April 17, 2009. Representatives of the official Sweden were invited to a reception at the Royal Palace in Stockholm on the occasion of the engagement between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
ANP Beeldbank

Tilla 04-17-2009 04:31 PM

Thank you for all these above shown photos. They are charming.

White Princess 04-17-2009 05:07 PM

Oh, Daniel is so cute! The couple look such adorable.

sgl 04-17-2009 05:54 PM

Victoria looks so happy! I loved the photo of Daniel and Carl Philip hugging each other.