The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   March 2009 Official Picture of the Month Poll (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/march-2009-official-picture-of-the-month-poll-20906.html)

dazzling 04-03-2009 05:35 AM

March 2009 Official Picture of the Month Poll

Welcome to the
March 2009 Official Picture of the Month Poll!

The monthly official polls will highlight the official side of royalty as opposed to the informal side of royalty.

The monthly polls will consist of pictures that show a royal on official business.
  • gala events such as the Nobel prize ceremonies, state visits, royal ceremonies such as the the Order of the Garter ceremony in Great Britain or the New Years gala for the Knights of the Order of the Elephant in Denmark, Opening of Parliament, coronations, enthronements.
  • openings of public events, government buildings, hospitals, christening of ships, official charity work
  • family celebrations (such as wedding, christening, or special days such as Victoria Day in Sweden or Queen's Day in the Netherlands, King Harald's 70th birthday) and the balcony shots that accompany them
  • among many other official events
We hope by the end of the year to have some really stunning and regal Picture of the Month winners to compete in our 2008 Picture of the Year awards.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact Empress, Dazzling or LadyK.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: - Marengo, stephanievl, LadyLeana

Britain: TheTruth - jcbcode99

Brunei/Malaysia/Dubai/Morocco: Humera - Warren

Denmark: GlitteringTiaras - Jessrulz, Princess Robijn, Madame Royale

Greece: Rhapsodybrat - Odette

Japan: Dragonsfire8, Al_bina

Jordan: Humera - Little_star, salma

Liechtenstein: HRH Kerry

Luxembourg: Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco: Iceflower - radker18,

Norway: Her_Majesty - Kikkib, Carlota

Spain: Paty - Lula

Sweden: Iceflower, HRH Kerry

The Netherlands: The Watcher, Marengo, Lucien

The pictures of this poll reflect the official royal events of January. The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on 22 April 2009. During these three weeks, we ask that NO ONE STATE WHOM THEY'VE VOTED FOR so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun! :flowers:
Empress, LadyK & Dazzling

dazzling 04-03-2009 05:42 AM

A.) Norway

Picture Link
Source: Scanpix

The norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit took part in a civil defence exercise on Vikafjell, Norway, March 26, 2009.

B.) Spain

Picture Link
Source: Zimbio

Spanish Royal Family including Infanta Pilar (king's sister) attend the Official Ceremony of delivery of National Awards for Sports.

C.) Monaco

Picture Link
Source: Angeli

A royal product tester - Princess Caroline of Monaco and Hanover enjoys a product test at the 20th "DÉC'OH! 2009", a trade fair for decoration and gardening, Monaco, March 26, 2009.

D.) Japan

Picture Link
Source: UMIT BEKTAS/AFP/Getty Images

Turkish President Abdullah Gul welcomes Japanese Crown Prince Naruhito upon his arrival to the 5th World Water Forum in Istanbul on March 16, 2009.

E.) The Netherlands

Picture Link
Source: ANP

On 6 March, Princess Laurentien opened the exposition LeeS (ReaD) in Museum Scryption, Tilburg.

F.) Luxembourg

Picture Link
Source: Cour grand-ducale/Carlo Hommel

As patron, Prince Felix attends the final of the Coupe de Luxembourg des dames (LaLux Ladies Cup) where he awarded the winning team with the winner's trophy on March 14.

G.) Belgium

Picture Link
Source: ANP

12 March 2009; Queen Paola and her daughter-in-law Princess Claire visited the exhibition 'From van Dyck to Bellotto - Spendor at the Court of Savoy' at Bozar, Palais des Beaux Arts in Brussels.

H.) Dubai

Picture Link
Source: IBL

Sheikh Mohammed and his wife Princess Haya attend the Dubai World Cup at the Nad al Sheba racecourse on March 28, 2009.

I.) Jordan

Picture Link
Source: Polfoto

March 26, 2009 - Queen Rania dances with pupils of Phefeni Senior Secondary School in Soweto, South Africa. The Queen, who is UNICEF’s first Eminent Advocate for Children, was on a three-day visit to the country on behalf of the organization.

J.) Morocco

Picture Link
Source: MAP

Princess Lalla Hasna plants a tree in Marrakech during a visit to the city's palm grove. The Princess, who is chairwoman of the Muhammad VI Foundation for Environmental Protection, was briefed on the latest innovations within Morocco’s palm grove protection plan.

K.) Britian

Picture Link
Source: HelloMagazine

The monarch spent the day touring East End manufacturing plants on 26 March 2009.

L.) Denmark

Picture Link
Source: DRW

HM Queen Margrethe and Crown Prince Frederik laughing at the Culture and Sports Gala at Christiansborg Slot, Copenhagen.

M.) Sweden

Picture Link
Source: bunte

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden celebrates her name day on March 12, 2009 in Stockholm, Sweden. While receiving congratulations from well-wishers she looks back to her mother Queen Silvia and her fiancé Mr. Daniel Westling. It's been their first official engagement they attended together as fiancés.

Empress Merel 04-08-2009 11:11 AM

Sorry, wrong...

Her_Majesty 04-08-2009 02:36 PM

Don't forget to vote here, too: :flowers:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...oll-20933.html

Vanesa 04-14-2009 11:43 PM

Generally, I get some idea about which will be my favorite pic. Today I had no clue...However, I've voted. And you may easily imagine what was my final choice...Vanesa.

Her_Majesty 04-22-2009 05:02 PM

The Poll is closed.

Here are the winners! :flowers:

1. Sweden
http://i42.tinypic.com/14sgqyf.jpg

2. Denmark

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../09a/d467b.jpg

3. Norway
http://i41.tinypic.com/dr5jrr.jpg

2nd victory for Victoria and Daniel . :flowers:
I am glad to see that my personal PoM showing M II and Frederik became 2nd!

iceflower 04-24-2009 03:58 PM

Sweden again! :smile::smile:
I'm so happy that this special pic has won that many votes!
Thank you all for taking part in the poll! :flowers:

White Princess 04-25-2009 05:35 AM

The picture is really lovely

dazzling 04-28-2009 06:33 AM

Sweden's picture was really nice & cute.

radiance 04-29-2009 11:54 PM

I love the Swedish photo. Such spontaneity!

Turkish Delight 05-01-2009 11:33 AM

I voted for Norway's picture but, Sweden's picture is beautiful,too.

jadelee 05-28-2009 10:38 AM

I agree Sweden's pic is smth, that's why i voted for it! :smile:

principessa 05-28-2009 05:26 PM

I have voted for the Danish Picture. It is like "Mommy, can I get out to play with my friends?" But the Swedish picture would have been my second choice.