The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Princess Tessy of Luxembourg Jewellery (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/princess-tessy-of-luxembourg-jewellery-19982.html)

Lalla Meriem 02-17-2009 01:10 AM

Princess Tessy of Luxembourg Jewellery

I recently ran across a picture of Tessy de Nassau in a tiara at an official function. I believe that this is the first time she has worn a tiara. I think it is also the first time Princess Alexandra wore a tiara.

Would anyone happen to know the name of the tiara or have a better picture of it?

Photo

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Luxembourg celebrates Henri's birthday

stellad 02-17-2009 02:48 AM

Must admit I am seeing this pic for the first time too.

Marengo 02-17-2009 05:36 AM

Although the picture isn't clear enough to get a good look at the tiara, my guess is that she is wearing the small aquamarine tiara, which you can see here.

maria-olivia 02-17-2009 12:52 PM

No she is wearing Josephine Charlotte emerald tiara .

Marengo 02-18-2009 07:53 AM

You mean this tiara? The shape seems to fit indeed.

maria-olivia 02-18-2009 08:09 AM

1. Yes
2. Does Alexandra wear the tiara that Marie Astrid's daughter wore at her wedding ?

RubyPrincess168 02-18-2009 10:24 AM

Is Alexandra the girl in the pink gown? She looks very lovely and elegant.

Stefan 02-18-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 895475)
1. Yes
2. Does Alexandra wear the tiara that Marie Astrid's daughter wore at her wedding ?

Looks very much like it.

Lady Marmalade 02-19-2009 11:41 AM

It looks wonderful on her. I think both she and Alexandra look good with the minimal look of jewels, given their young ages, smaller tiaras are very appropriate on them. I just LOVE the Grand Duchess's jewel box!

Prince of Chota 02-19-2009 03:18 PM

Definitely the emerald tiara on Tessy de Nassau. I can't recall ever having seen Maria Teresa wear it (please correct me if you have), so I'm glad to see it out and about. Just when I was beginning to think we'd never get to see Tessy in a tiara, and might have to wait until Alexandra's wedding to see her in one...

Lalla Meriem 02-21-2009 04:30 PM

Madame de Nassau in the emerald tiara for sure. It does appear that Princess Alexandra is wearing the same tiara that the Grand Ducal Family lent to Arch Duchess Marie Astrid's daughter for her wedding. I would have loved to see more pictures from this event with multiple close pictures of Tessy and Alexandra in their first tiaras.

I hope to see Tessy in more tiaras. I have no doubt Alexandra will wear more tiaras. I'm hoping that Tessy's continued appearance at official functions and wearing of a tiara from the family vault is an indication that soon GD Henri will style her, Gabriel and Noah as Prince/ss of Nassau in the not too distant future.

Boris 02-21-2009 05:10 PM

To me, the tiara on Tessy de Nassau looks more like the aquamarine bandeau, as originally suggested by Marengo.
The central emerald flower motif in GD Joséphine-Charlotte's emerald tiara rises much higher in relation to the sides than in Tessy's tiara, and the dark emeralds should really show on the group pic but they don't.
Btw, noticing how things are going currently, I should think as well that it's only a matter of time until she and her sons will be styled differently.

rociocristina 02-21-2009 07:07 PM

I do not distinguish the tiara that has tessy, but it seems greatly to those that they have put, makes me happy that to tessy they treat her as a princess though it is not, and I like that this one presents all the acts
Both tiaras are very adapted for them, and are seen very well !!!!

Lalla Meriem 02-21-2009 08:43 PM

If you click the picture and make it larger and then enlarge that pic using whatever picture program you have on your computer the green color of the emeralds is very clear. The shape of the aquamarine tiara is also much different than this tiara. The bandeau of the aquamarine tiara is much longer and wider than the tiara that Tessy is wearing also the bandeau of it has color and only the center of Tessy's tiara appears to have any color from my enlargement. Although, I think perhaps any tiara with colored stones is an odd match for her dress.

Lalla Meriem 02-21-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rociocristina (Post 897309)
I do not distinguish the tiara that has tessy, but it seems greatly to those that they have put, makes me happy that to tessy they treat her as a princess though it is not, and I like that this one presents all the acts
Both tiaras are very adapted for them, and are seen very well !!!!

I agree, to me, the most important part isn't which tiara she wore it was that she wore a tiara to an official function with the grand ducal family. I'll be glad to see the Luxembourg tradition of gradually upgrading the wives and children of unapproved marriages begin for Louis' family. It's not like they have anything to lose if they separate or divorce Tessy loses her title automatically anyway.

Warren 02-22-2009 08:45 AM

There's a degree of ambiguity about the picture posted on News Summary (see post #1). The story is about Luxembourg National Day and is dated 24 June 2008. The photograph of a reduced Grand Ducal Family is copyright to the photographer and the Grand Ducal Court, and is undated. The photograph may have been taken for an official function or it may be a photograph of particular members of the Grand Ducal Family taken for the sole purpose of being released to the media.

The absence of three sons and the fact that Prince Louis and Tessy de Nassau are dressed "in state" may have been part of a subtle PR campaign to gradually introduce Ms de Nassau to the Luxembourg public as a future HRH Princess of Nassau or (more likely) of Luxembourg.

Lalla Meriem 02-22-2009 03:43 PM

I doubt that she will be styled as Princess of Luxembourg. No other prince who has married without consent has ever had his wife styled as anything other than as Countess then Princess de Nassau I do not think they will alter this tradition for Madame de Nassau.

The absence of the other sons can be credited to the fact that Prince Felix and Prince Sebastain were not present in Luxembourg for for these parts of the celebration and The HGD was in another town for most the celebrations.

I think a campaign to initiate Tessy to public life while letting the public warm up to her has been underway since the wedding. I think it is doing well. Tessy behaves well in public, looks great and the public seems to actually like her. But, Tessy in the tiara and Louis with the order was the one of the first serious (and yet subtle) steps I've seen.

sgl 02-22-2009 06:47 PM

I am thrilled to see Madame de Nassau in a tiara! She seems like a very nice girl, and she and Prince Louis have an adorable family. The small size of this tiara (and Alexandra's) really works for her. It is very feminine and elegant.

Princess Robijn 02-23-2009 04:36 AM

Maybe the title of this topic should be Tessy de Nassau's and Princess Alexandra's first tiara's, considering the fact they both wore their first tiara at the same event.

Josette

Lalla Meriem 02-23-2009 05:15 AM

I only titled the thread this way because I am sure this is the first time Madame de Nassau has worn a tiara. I am not, however, certain that this is the first time Princess Alexandra has worn a tiara.

It's the first time I've saw either of them in a tiara but I was leaving open the possibility that Princess Alexandra had worn a tiara before and I had not saw the pictures or the event wasn't photographed.