The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Crown Princesses' Education Background (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/crown-princesses-education-background-19866.html)

crownprincessrhey 02-10-2009 09:28 AM

Crown Princesses' Education Background

Being a woman in the 21st century, I greatly value the educational attainment of women..and I am glad that most of our crown princesses are well-educated and have high educational attainment. I know cp mathilde has a master's degree in psychology, maxima is well-versed in microfinance, mary has a master's degree and leticia is also well-accomplished. Could somebody give more details and with other crown princesses???As for future CP Kate Middleton..don't you think she needs to widen her educational background???Which leads me to my ultimate question...is educational background important in today's future queens???

Charlotte1 02-22-2009 08:23 AM

Neither Mary nor Mathilde have masters' degrees. Mathilde according to the official Belgian royal site has a 'diploma in psychology' and Mary has a double degree Bachelor of Commerce and Law. ( It's 2 degrees, double degrees are common in Australian universities for those that want a real academic challenge. Mary chose not to get a job in a law office but rather a marketing traineeship and used her commerce degree)
Maxima has a degree in economics.
Letizia is the only CP with a Master's degree it's in Audiovisual journalism.
Mette-Marit is currently studying for Masters of Business Administration.
Masako has a bachelor's degree in business, she never finished her masters.
Kate Middleton has a Masters of Art in Art History degree.

The only CP that will be a reigning Queen, CP Victoria has no university degree, she has just done short university courses. Queens Beatrix and Margrethe also did university courses but have no degree. Queen Elizabeth II attended no university.

sgl 02-22-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crownprincessrhey (Post 891061)
Being a woman in the 21st century, I greatly value the educational attainment of women..and I am glad that most of our crown princesses are well-educated and have high educational attainment. I know cp mathilde has a master's degree in psychology, maxima is well-versed in microfinance, mary has a master's degree and leticia is also well-accomplished. Could somebody give more details and with other crown princesses???As for future CP Kate Middleton..don't you think she needs to widen her educational background???Which leads me to my ultimate question...is educational background important in today's future queens???

I personally believe that an educational background is extremely important for anyone who will be ruling over a nation. Would a nation that is a republic elect a leader without an education? I highly doubt it. Monarchies should not be any different, IMO. In addition to a university education, it is extremely important that the royals are educated in every aspect of their nation's history, industries, diplomatic relations, and everything else that comprises their societies.

Tilda1234 02-22-2009 03:48 PM

Mathilde's Degree:

I know "Diploma" is something less to the Bachelor in English-speaking countries. But i think it was wrongly translated to English on the royal website, because the degree given in the other languages (German, Dutch) is a lot higher and equal to a Master.

If it is good translated to German Mathilde has "ein Psychologiediplom cum laude" (see heer Monarchie - Prinzessin Mathilde). In Germany this would mean the highest examination in a subject below the Doctor. In Germany a "Diplom" is totally equal to a Master.

Here Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz - Wikipedia is said she has an Licentiaat, which is equal to an Master (see Licentiaat - Wikipedia).

Lady Claire 02-22-2009 09:30 PM

I think education is important but so is experiance. Victoria has basically been training for her job her entire life.

ashelen 02-23-2009 01:18 AM

yes, but I think an university education should be important for all this crown princess, may be one of the reasons in Diana life is that she was so joung when married and she didn't have any education cologe or university degree , may be her life as a royal would have been diferen if she had the oportunity of more education before her marriage, not so joung!