The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Italy; January 29-31, 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/crown-princess-victorias-official-visit-to-italy-january-29-31-2009-a-19809.html)

daddo89 01-24-2009 08:29 AM

Crown Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Italy; January 29-31, 2009

Crown Princess Victoria will receive on 30th January in Messina, Italy,(my city!!) the Prize of "Foundation Bonino-Pulejo",for her support to dislexia. She will visit the "Istituto Don Orione", a centre for differently abled children, and will also visit the famous tourist town of Taormina.

anabell 01-29-2009 01:47 PM

Princess Victoria visits Sicily Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

LadyFinn 01-29-2009 03:03 PM

Crown Princess Victoria during a visit at the Grec theater in Taormina.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria arrives to Catania airport
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Her hair is a real mess.

giov 01-29-2009 03:12 PM

Princess Victoria Of Sweden Visits Sicily - Pictures - Zimbio

Boris 01-29-2009 03:48 PM

For The Crown Princess of Sweden beginning her visit to a foreign country, this overall appearance is quite a disappointment... as a matter of fact, it would be rather too shabby even for someone in her entourage.
Nondescript, dull and dreary pant suit and blouse, no hairdo, no make up... if I was a host and expecting a Princess, I would look past her trying to find one.
She doesn't have to be a fashion plate by any means, but allowing herself to look as if she doesn't bother to make any effort at all is not appropriate.

giov 01-30-2009 05:12 AM

Gallery from Prisma
Derechos Portugal: Victoria de Suecia de visita en Messina, Italia - Agencia Prisma

Princess Victoria Of Sweden visits Sicily - Day 2

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden is awarded the International Prize Bonino 2009, in recognition of the Crown Princess commitment to dyslexia issues. The Prize ceremony was held today in Messina, Italy.

Gallery Getty

Gallery Zimbio Day 2
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/BccVD...+Visits+Sicily

grevinnan 01-30-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris (Post 886087)
For The Crown Princess of Sweden beginning her visit to a foreign country, this overall appearance is quite a disappointment... as a matter of fact, it would be rather too shabby even for someone in her entourage.
Nondescript, dull and dreary pant suit and blouse, no hairdo, no make up... if I was a host and expecting a Princess, I would look past her trying to find one.
She doesn't have to be a fashion plate by any means, but allowing herself to look as if she doesn't bother to make any effort at all is not appropriate.

CP Victoria has plenty of presence and charisma - no one will ever miss her in a crowd. There are pleny of photos from this visit that shows a well cut suit and she most certainly has make up on. She does thankfully not show up with her face painted on. She obviously loves her hair in a ponytail whether it is considered CP like or not.

LadyFinn 01-30-2009 11:59 AM

Crown Princess Victoria is welcomed by Father Don Felice, the founder of Istituto Don Orione, a center for disabled people at Messina, Sicily.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

nyheter24/Victoria hyllas f÷r sin dyslexi

giov 01-30-2009 12:19 PM

Gallery Purepeople
Victoria de Su├Ęde en Sicile : plut├┤t vacances ou plut├┤t boulot ? Difficile ├* dire...

daddo89 01-30-2009 04:27 PM

Today I was at the ceremony of the prize "Bonino-Pulejo" in Messina, and I reached to do some photos to HRH Princess Victoria!!:smile:
Unfortunately, just one is good, because of the crowd that surrounded the princess!

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/...Q2QUv-NO1E.jpg

daddo89 01-30-2009 04:44 PM

And here other "official" pictures!:biggrin:

BelgaPicture - Category details

Maricar 01-30-2009 04:55 PM

She looks lovely in that photo, daddo89! Thanks for sharing. Lucky you, to have been there.

anabell 01-30-2009 06:41 PM

Princess Victoria attend the Bonino Prize Ceremony in the Cathedral :flowers: 31 January ź Myroyal’s Blog

LadyFinn 01-31-2009 03:40 AM

More photos:
Zimbio - Princess Crown Victoria Of Sweden Visits Sicily - Day 2

ursulajohanna 01-31-2009 06:28 AM

Thanks to all for the information and links to the beautiful pictures. The crown princess looks lovely during her visit in Italy.

sgl 01-31-2009 11:50 AM

She looked lovely during the prize ceremony. I loved the black and white lace jacket. A much more princess-like appearance. Does anyone know if she spoke Italian during her speech?

daddo89 01-31-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 886946)
She looked lovely during the prize ceremony. I loved the black and white lace jacket. A much more princess-like appearance. Does anyone know if she spoke Italian during her speech?

No, she doesn't. She spoke english, and the only word she said in italian was "Grazie", i.e. "thanks".

Boris 01-31-2009 02:11 PM

What was the content of her acceptance speech?
I can imagine that she might have said something noteworthy apart from the usual "I feel grateful and honered" etc., because the issue of dyslexia is of rather personal nature to her. It would be great to know if it was an interesting speech.

LadyFinn 01-31-2009 02:30 PM

Crown Princess Victoria during her visit to the volcano Etna on Sicily, Italy, January 31th.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria on her hotel balcony with the volcano Etna in the background
ANP Beeldbank

daddo89 01-31-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris (Post 887009)
What was the content of her acceptance speech?
I can imagine that she might have said something noteworthy apart from the usual "I feel grateful and honered" etc., because the issue of dyslexia is of rather personal nature to her. It would be great to know if it was an interesting speech.

The speech was interesting, and funny too!
Naturally, she thanked for the prize (she said that it was actually her first prize), and said something about the dyslexia. She was very moved. Then, she added that, before her departure from Sweden, she had known about the earthquake that destroyed Messina in 1908, so, to commemorate the hundredth anniversary of the tragic event, she took with her a little bag with a handful of swedish earth, and gave it to our mayor, because of the friendship between Sweden and Sicily. After the applause for this present, she added " I'm not giving you all Sweden, just a little bit of earth!!", and, of course, everyone started laughing, princess included!
She was very beautiful, elegant, very kind and definitely not "posh" as everyone could think about a princess. (She was so kind, that when I asked her to turn round for a photo, she did it!!! In fact, the picture you can see above is the result of my request!!:biggrin:)