The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   November 2008 Official Picture of the Month Poll (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/november-2008-official-picture-of-the-month-poll-19322.html)

LadyK 12-07-2008 06:52 PM

November 2008 Official Picture of the Month Poll

Welcome to the
November 2008 Official Picture of the Month Poll!

The monthly official polls will highlight the official side of royalty as opposed to the informal side of royalty.

The monthly polls will consist of pictures that show a royal on official business.
  • gala events such as the Nobel prize ceremonies, state visits, royal ceremonies such as the the Order of the Garter ceremony in Great Britain or the New Years gala for the Knights of the Order of the Elephant in Denmark, Opening of Parliament, coronations, enthronements.
  • openings of public events, government buildings, hospitals, christening of ships, official charity work
  • family celebrations (such as wedding, christening, or special days such as Victoria Day in Sweden or Queen's Day in the Netherlands, King Harald's 70th birthday) and the balcony shots that accompany them
  • among many other official events
We hope by the end of the year to have some really stunning and regal Picture of the Month winners to compete in our 2008 Picture of the Year awards.

For more information on the 2008 Picture of the Month schedule and all we have planned for 2008, take a look at this thread.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for future polls you can post them there or contact Empress or LadyK.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members.

Belgium: - Marengo, stephanievl, LadyLeana

Britain: TheTruth - jcbcode99,Menarue

Brunei/Malaysia/Dubai/Morocco: Humera - Warren

Denmark: GlitteringTiaras - Jessrulz, Princess Robijn

Greece: Rhapsodybrat - Odette

Japan: Dragonsfire8, Al_bina

Jordan: Humera - Little_star, salma

Liechtenstein: HRH Kerry

Luxembourg: Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco: Iceflower - radker18,

Norway: Her_Majesty - Kikkib, Rhapsody Brat

Spain: Paty - Cecile76

Sweden: Iceflower, HRH Kerry

The Netherlands: The Watcher, Marengo, Lucien

The pictures of this poll reflect the official royal events of November. The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on 28 December 2008. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices. For the final week of the month, you can discuss as much as you'd like about which image you voted for and why.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun! :flowers:
Empress, LadyK & Dazzling

LadyK 12-07-2008 06:56 PM

A. Monaco

Picture Link
Source: bunte.de

National celebrations - Charlotte and Pierre Casiraghi, children of Princess Caroline of Hanover, Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie of Monaco react to the cheers of the crowd at the balcony of the Princely Palace during the official ceremony for the Monaco National Day, on November 19, 2008 in Monaco.

B. Sweden

Picture Link
Source: gettyimages

Autographs for a good cause - Sweden's Queen Silvia receives a signed football from former Brazilian soccer player Pele during his visit at the Royal Palace in Stockholm November 18, 2008.

C. Luxembourg

Picture Link
Source: SIP/Luc Deflorenne, via Cour Grand-Ducale

"(L-R) The Grand Duchess, President Halonen of Finland, the Grand Duke and Dr Pentti Arajärvi share a toast during a gala banquet held in conjunction with the State Visit from Finland between November 24 and November 26."

D. Spain

Picture Link
Source: EFE/CasaReal

The Spanish Royal Family attended the Concert On the Ocassion of The Queen´s 70 Birthday. EFE/CasaReal

E. Great Britain

Picture Link
Source: Getty Images

Caption: Prince Harry and Camilla arrive at a Gala Performance of 'We Are Most Amused' at the Wimbledon Theatre on November 12, 2008 in London, England.

LadyK 12-07-2008 06:58 PM

F. Netherlands:

Picture Link
Source:

Baptism of Benjamin van Vollenhoven: 2 Nov. 2008.
From left to right: Princess Annette with Samuel, Prince Bernhard with Benjamin, Isabella, Anne van der Meiden, Eloise, Claus, Amalia and Anna.

G. Belgium

Picture Link
Source: Isopix

Caption: Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe of Belgium pictured during the Gala Dinner at a hotel in Jakarta on November 25, 2008. Prince Phillipe and Princess Mathilde of Beligum visited Indonesia from 21 to 26 November to heighten economic ties between the two countries.

H. Morocco

Picture Link
Source: MAP

Lalla Salma interacts with young patients at the inauguration of a center of hematology and pediatric oncology in Casablanca. The Princess, who chairs the Lalla Salma Association Against Cancer, also launched the "hospital without tobacco" program at the center.

I. Dubai

Picture Link
Source: ANP

Princess Haya attends an International equestrian jumping tournament in Haras El Capricho, north of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

J. Brunei

Picture Link
Source: Infofoto

Her Majesty Queen Saleha cuts a birthday cake at a celebration to mark Girl Guides Day on November 2, 2008.

K. Jordan

Picture Link
Source: Petra

Queen Rania is greeted by Sheikha Mozah of Qatar at the Doha International Airport on November 24, 2008. The Queen and her husband King Abdullah arrived in the Gulf nation upon an invitation by Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa.

L. Norway

Picture Link
Source: kongehuset

Crown Prince Haakon of Norway pictured while visiting nomads in Gantuya. The Crown Prince payed a visit to Mongolia this November.

M.) Denmark

Picture Link
Source: Belga

Crown Princess Mary presents the 2008 Integration Prizes in Cirkusbygningen, Copenhagen.
Nov. 4, 2008

N.) Japan

Picture Link
Source:AP Photo/Junko Kimura, POOL

From left to right in front, Spain's Queen Sofia, King Juan Carlos, Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko attend the welcome ceremony at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo Monday, Nov. 10, 2008.

dazzling 12-13-2008 05:34 AM

Japan was accidentally not added when the poll was first opened. For those who would like to vote for japan, please let us know and we will change your previoues vote to Japan.

mrsbugman 12-13-2008 10:41 PM

I can't open any of the pictures. Anyone else have that problem?

galatea_12 12-14-2008 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbugman (Post 866908)
I can't open any of the pictures. Anyone else have that problem?

They are working fine. I have no problems opening them...

White Princess 12-15-2008 08:50 PM

Can I justify my vote?

Ducii 12-21-2008 03:23 AM

Nice pictures! I was hard to choose one...

Her_Majesty 12-30-2008 01:44 PM

The Poll is closed.
Here are the winners:

1) Monaco
http://i35.tinypic.com/xexqe.jpg

2) The Netherlands

Photo

3) Norway
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehu...et:quality=100

Now you can say who you voted for. ;)

iceflower 12-31-2008 03:27 AM

25 to 28 votes, that has been a fascinating race :smile:

Thank you for all your votes, the Monaco team is happy to see that
the National Day pic has found that much support!! Thanks!:flowers::flowers:

Ducii 12-31-2008 05:14 AM

I voted for Monaco or for Norway but I do not remember which I finally choose:)