The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Speculations about possible Godparents for Emma Tallulah Behn (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/speculations-about-possible-godparents-for-emma-tallulah-behn-19152.html)

crm2317 11-23-2008 01:04 PM

Speculations about possible Godparents for Emma Tallulah Behn

I agree the resemblance to her uncle Crown Prince Haakon is very striking indeed!
I would love to see Marius Hoiby made a godfather. I think it would be a lovely gesture

Her_Majesty 11-23-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crm2317 (Post 857407)
I agree the resemblance to her uncle Crown Prince Haakon is very striking indeed!
I would love to see Marius Hoiby made a godfather. I think it would be a lovely gesture

Is that possible at all?
I don't know how it works in the protestant church...
in the catholic church you can only become a godfather/godmother after your (con)firmation...
Is there some "rule" ;) like that in the protestant church too?

crm2317 11-23-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 857409)
Is that possible at all?
in the catholic church you can only become a godfather/godmother after your (con)firmation...

Well I am in the protestant faith myself however my church does not have godparents when you are christened.
We do not have a confirmation in the presbyterian faith. However I know that for example the Church of Ireland there is a confirmation and godparents, as my mother and father were godparents to a young girl from the church of Ireland.
Perhaps a Norwegian member could give a better answer sorry!

lilytornado 11-23-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Her_Majesty (Post 857409)
Is that possible at all?

Yes, in the lutheran church (like they are) you can only become a godfather\godmother after your confirmation! :flowers:

crm2317 11-23-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilytornado (Post 857433)
Yes, in the lutheran church (like they are) you can only become a godfather\godmother after your confirmation! :flowers:

Thanks for the answer? At what age does confirmation usually take place? Is it possible Marius has already been confirmed?

lilytornado 11-23-2008 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crm2317 (Post 857437)
Thanks for the answer? At what age does confirmation usually take place? Is it possible Marius has already been confirmed?

It would normally be around 14...
Marius is 11, right? So, I think he is still a little young... But it would have been a really good idea... I think they are all really close.

principessa 12-03-2008 04:43 PM

My suggestions are:

HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark
Christian Udnaes
Elisabeth Ferner
and three friends of Ari and Märtha

Royal Fan 12-03-2008 06:37 PM

King Harald V!

Rossina 12-03-2008 06:55 PM

HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark & princess Marie

Royal Fan 12-20-2008 09:44 PM

HRH Princess Marie Crown Princess Mary Princess Madeleine Prince Michael of Kent Earl of Wessex