The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f237/)
-   -   Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f237/crown-princess-mette-marit-current-events-part-2-november-2008-january-2013-a-19132.html)

dazzling 11-21-2008 05:36 AM

Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013

Welcome to
Crown Princess Mette-Marit's current events 2

previous thread can be found HERE.

TRF Rules & FAQs

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Norway royal house moderators
Her_Majesty, Dazzling & Sofajr

QUEENECE29 11-21-2008 07:56 AM

Snow fun starts early for Mette-Marit, Hakoon and children

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

dalia 11-21-2008 11:27 AM

Dazzling, I can't understand why you closed the previous thread at this time of the year and while there was a discussion going on??!!..You could have closed it at the end of the year and start this new thread in 2009. Thanks anyway.

Her_Majesty 11-21-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalia (Post 856579)
Dazzling, I can't understand why you closed the previous thread at this time of the year and while there was a discussion going on??!!..You could have closed it at the end of the year and start this new thread in 2009. Thanks anyway.

Dalia, ALL current threads at TRF are closed after reaching 10 pages.
Mette Marit's current events thread reached 10 pages. That was the only reason why a new thread was started.
The discussion that was started in the previous thread can of course be continued in the new thread.

ANNIE_S 11-21-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 (Post 856511)
Snow fun starts early for Mette-Marit, Hakoon and children

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

beautiful photos!!!
Haakon is a great daddy!!!
I love to see them...

sgl 11-22-2008 12:21 PM

Their cabin is very charming! Mette-Marit looks very nice and quite healthy in the photo. I am glad to hear that she has recovered.

SofieN 11-26-2008 08:03 AM

M-M and Marius went to church on sunday

Sitting next to the norwegian minister for foreign affairs (not sure it`s called that in english?) and his wife.
Hva hvisker de om? - Side2

crm2317 11-26-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SofieN (Post 858912)
Sitting next to the norwegian minister for foreign affairs (not sure it`s called that in english?) and his wife.
Hva hvisker de om? - Side2

Thanks for the link I haven't seen Marius out and about in ages! I'm sorry but could any Norweigen members translate the article. Where were the pics taken?

sofajr 11-26-2008 03:07 PM

it is not said in the article why did they went to church together. maybe CP just met the minister there.

I like the way CP Mette-Marit look with her children - with Marius she behaves as a proud and serious mother while with other two very caring and tender :wub:

sgl 11-26-2008 06:05 PM

This is a very nice photo! Were they in church, or in a governmental building?

rominet09 11-26-2008 08:38 PM

How Marius has changed ! Very nice pix !

carlota 12-06-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo (Post 863846)
Royal Women Tackle AIDS in Senegal « Royalty in the News
Two Princesses from two different continents were in Senegal this week to confront the AIDS/HIV issue in the country. Princesses Lalla Salma of Morocco, and Mathilde of Belgium came to the West African nation at separate times, but for the same mission.

video of the African First ladies' meeting: Le Journal télévisé en Français du 05 12 08

i'm surprised mette marit didn't attend this meeting since it seems all HIV related princesses are in attendance. she is also an UNAIDS representative.

sofajr 12-07-2008 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 859205)
This is a very nice photo! Were they in church, or in a governmental building?

They were in Trefoldighet church in Oslo.

sgl 12-07-2008 04:21 PM

Thank you, sofajr. The building was so pretty, and there was no mention of it in the article. I really liked this photo.

Vik 12-13-2008 03:30 AM

Mette-Marit met with representatives from Oslo Fashion week to receive her Ambassador Award that was announced earlier on in the year.

The Norweigan Royals: Mette-Marit, Oslo Fashion Week Ambassador 2008

Vik 12-25-2008 07:13 PM

Mette-Marit has been announced as the patron of the event Hamsun 2009

The Norweigan Royals: Crown Princess Mette-Marit announced as patron of Hamsun 2009

NotAPretender 01-05-2009 02:40 PM

I have to say that I have most definitely changed my mind about Crown Princess Mette-Marit over the years. I thought it was just flat-out wrong to choose this young woman as a bride. Now I see that she works so well within the family and in a tough, tough job. I'm glad to see that she is getting recognition for her work.

sylla 01-06-2009 02:37 PM

What is so tough about this job? The pay is outstanding, plenty of time off, lots of parties and festivities. In addition, all the truly difficult work (arranging trips, coordinating events - espescially internationally, research) is done for her. All she has to do is show up and look pretty and many times she can't even do that.

NotAPretender 01-06-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylla (Post 876366)
What is so tough about this job? The pay is outstanding, plenty of time off, lots of parties and festivities. In addition, all the truly difficult work (arranging trips, coordinating events - espescially internationally, research) is done for her. All she has to do is show up and look pretty and many times she can't even do that.

What I consider tough about it is the endless snark, the complete lack of privacy in a tiny country, the endless staring at the tummy to see if the reproductive organs are still intact.

And that fact that she really had no prep for this kind of life prior to moving in with the Crown Prince, and has (with fewer-than-usual bobbles) has performed the tasks at hand. You hear about the Princess school for other Crown Princesses, but I think hers was a bit more slowly paced.

The fact that she is going back to college now takes a bit of guts, since she has a rather limited educational background.

I look at pictures of her and she varies from radiant to tired; I think she's the type of face that either looks terrific or plain, so it doesn't bark me that she doesn't look 100% perfect every step of the way. We can't all be Crown Princess Mary. :lol:

She seems to have blended into the Royal family; they have accepted her, her child by a former relationship, and the entire situation. You'd think that there would be some level of resistance within the group of people most close to her, but something about her, the person herself, has encouraged a contented situation.

She pulled it together.

And trust me, I thought she was completely without merit when the Crown Prince first introduced her.

sgl 01-10-2009 11:47 PM

Has Mette-Marit returned to her university programme?