The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Danish Royal Residences (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f231/)
-   -   Where does the Royal Family live? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f231/where-does-the-royal-family-live-19014.html)

hillary_nugent 04-30-2005 04:18 AM

Where does the Royal Family live?
 
So in which of these palaces do Fred and Mary live in? ^___^ or do they live in all of them? :)

Royal Fan 09-27-2005 02:13 PM

So Where will Frederik and Mary live when they become King and Queen (where do they live now, and where will their new baby live most of the time sry if these have already been asked and answered :)

rchainho 09-27-2005 02:17 PM

amalieborg i think?

norwegianne 09-27-2005 03:55 PM

They will do as Queen Margrethe, and earlier Danish monarchs, does and have done, I expect, spend part of the year in one of the palaces at Amalienborg, and part of the year at Fredensborg.

Josefine 10-08-2005 03:53 AM

where did the queen live before she married and later before she became queen

norwegianne 10-08-2005 04:51 AM

Before she was married, Margrethe and Benedikte shared an appartment in one of the other palaces at Amalienborg.

Tricota 10-07-2006 01:00 AM

So if the Queen at some point retires, and Frederik and Mary takes ower at both Amalienborg and, I would asume, also the main Halls at Fredensborg, where might Henrik and Margrethe live?

I asume they would still spend part of the summer in the castle in France and follow the family traditions of summer at Gråsten and christmas at Marselisborg (or is it the other way round), but where would there main residence be?

If they wanted to stay near Frederik and Mary, I guess the only really logical choise would be a place like Sorgenfri. That is if they can ever get the interrior renovation underway.

I suposed they could also chose to simply stay at one of the castles Gråsten or Marselisborg, like Margrethe's mother did after after Margrethe became queen...

lucien 10-08-2006 06:41 AM

Tricota,Amalienborg Palace consists of four buildings,(Schack-,Brockdorf-,Moltke- and Levitzau Palaces),one is reserved for the Monarch(at present the Schack Palae),the other three have always been,at any one time,at the disposal of the Crownprincely family as well as the (former)Queen(-Consorts).Late Queen Ingrid lived "next door"to daughter Margrethe while in Copenhagen,IIRC at the Brockdorf Palae,aka as Frederik VIII Palace.But,it is highly unlikely that Queen Margrethe II will abdicate/retire as you say.In Danmark Monarchs do not abdicate,they pass away.

Tricota 10-08-2006 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien
Tricota,Amalienborg Palace consists of four buildings,(Schack-,Brockdorf-,Moltke- and Levitzau Palaces),one is reserved for the Monarch(at present the Schack Palae),the other three have always been,at any one time,at the disposal of the Crownprincely family as well as the (former)Queen(-Consorts).Late Queen Ingrid lived "next door"to daughter Margrethe while in Copenhagen,IIRC at the Brockdorf Palae,aka as Frederik VIII Palace.But,it is highly unlikely that Queen Margrethe II will abdicate/retire as you say.In Danmark Monarchs do not abdicate,they pass away.

I am well aware of the layout of the royal palaces, but thank you...:wacko:

However I think we can all agree that neither you nor I know what will happen in the future. They may or may not retire. If they do it is more then likely that they will move. None of them seams to be that fond of Amalienborg in the first place, and they spend more time on Fredensborg. So a move it not unlikely...

JessRulz 11-10-2008 06:57 PM

A quick recap of where the Danish Royals live:

Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik - Amalienborg Palace, Fredensborg Palace
Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary & family - Chancellory House
Prince Joachim, Princess Marie & family - Schackenborg Castle

auntie 12-10-2008 05:28 PM

So what is the equivalent in Denmark to Kensington Palace? Where does Joachim, Margarethe and Anne Marie and families stay whilst in Coppenhagen? is there a place where the minor royals live?

Stefan 12-10-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie (Post 865554)
So what is the equivalent in Denmark to Kensington Palace? Where does Joachim, Margarethe and Anne Marie and families stay whilst in Coppenhagen? is there a place where the minor royals live?

Margrethe has their own residence in Copenhagen the Christian IX. Palais which is a part of Amalienborg and the Crown Princely Couple will get Frederik VIII. Palais which is also Part of Amalienborg when its renovation is finished. Benedikte, Joachim and Anne-Marie have Appartements at the Christian VIII. Palais at Amalienborg so they can stay there when in Copenhagen.

QUEENECE29 01-17-2009 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 850943)
A quick recap of where the Danish Royals live:

Queen Margrethe & Prince Henrik - Amalienborg Palace, Fredensborg Palace
Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary & family - Chancellory House
Prince Joachim, Princess Marie & family - Schackenborg Castle

All residence is wonderful, thanks for photo link

nulle30 01-21-2009 06:46 AM

there are also, Gråsten castle, Marselisborg castle and the frainsh castle..

Lilla 01-21-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nulle30 (Post 882519)
there are also, Gråsten castle, Marselisborg castle and the frainsh castle..

And here is some links.

Gråsten Castle:Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Gråsten Slot - Fotogalleri

Marselisborg Castle: Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Marselisborg Slot - Fotogalleri

Château de Cayx (France): Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Château de Cayx - Fotogalleri

The royal yacht "Dannebrog": Kongehuset - Slotte og Kongeskibet - Kongeskibet Dannebrog - Fotogalleri


Plus Princess Benediktes home in Germany - Berleburg Castle: http://www.burgen-und-schloesser.net...s_vollbild.htm

lyndaW 02-18-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 865559)
Margrethe has their own residence in Copenhagen the Christian IX. Palais which is a part of Amalienborg and the Crown Princely Couple will get Frederik VIII. Palais which is also Part of Amalienborg when its renovation is finished. Benedikte, Joachim and Anne-Marie have Appartements at the Christian VIII. Palais at Amalienborg so they can stay there when in Copenhagen.


Anyone have any idea how the renovations are coming along at Christian VIII Palace @ Amalienborg and when the CP Couple may be moving into their new home?? Would adore seeing some pictures.

Any pictures of Prince Joachim's apartment??

lyndaW 02-19-2009 11:30 AM

Its always interesting to see how renovations & how they decorate these fantastic old rooms.............any updates

Tricota 02-19-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 896070)
Its always interesting to see how renovations & how they decorate these fantastic old rooms.............any updates

No updates, I'm afraid. I haven't seen any pictures of the new renovation, but there are of couse books and pictures of other Royal Palaces and recidences...

Princess-Isabella 10-03-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 895605)
Anyone have any idea how the renovations are coming along at Christian VIII Palace @ Amalienborg and when the CP Couple may be moving into their new home?? Would adore seeing some pictures.

Any pictures of Prince Joachim's apartment??

The renovations are completed now.
They opened up the palace for the public to see. They extended the period by 2 months 'cause of enormeous public interest. They begin moving in very soon. The official conveyance happened just last week. They had Prince Christian and Princess Isabella along with them, and the pictures of them from the conveyance are so cute.

I do have piuctures of some of the finished rooms of the renovation. Should I upload them?

windsorgirl 10-03-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess-Isabella (Post 1143514)

I do have pictures of some of the finished rooms of the renovation. Should I upload them?

Thanks for offering but I don't think it's necessary as there are many photos posted in the Amalienborg Palace thread. :flowers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises