The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/which-countries-would-you-like-to-see-charles-and-camilla-visit-over-the-next-few-years-18977.html)

muriel 11-07-2008 11:25 AM

Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years

It would be interesting to hear which countries you think Charles and Camilla shoud visit over the next few years. I personally think the focus should be on Africa and the commonwealth countries for a number of reasons. Firstly, their visits would bring further attention to the region, help channel investment, highlight charitable causes and also, help secure Charles' place as successor to the Queen as the head of the Commonwealth. Some of the work that William and Harry are doing in the region can also complement Charles and Camilla.

Royal Fan 11-07-2008 03:29 PM

All the Commonwealth ,USA ,Russia Norway Sweden Denmark Finland Isreal Germany and South Africa.

TheTruth 11-07-2008 03:51 PM

As a selfish French resident, I'd like them to visit France :biggrin:.

Iluvbertie 11-07-2008 04:03 PM

Charles hasn't been Down Under since his engagement to Camilla and he did say he would bring her here.

I hope he does so soon, along with the Commonwealth countries.

He should take her to all his future realms, especially Australia and New Zealand. We seem to be getting more visits these days from foreign royalty than British and personally I have no interest in their visits at all. I want to see my future King and his consort.

BellaFay 11-07-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTruth (Post 849225)
As a selfish French resident, I'd like them to visit France :biggrin:.

They are - but admittedly only briefly this coming November 11th to mark the 90th anniversary of the end of WWI. I think they are due to meet President Sarkozy and wife.

BellaFay 11-07-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 849226)
Charles hasn't been Down Under since his engagement to Camilla and he did say he would bring her here.

He should take her to all his future realms, especially Australia and New Zealand. We seem to be getting more visits these days from foreign royalty than British and personally I have no interest in their visits at all. I want to see my future King and his consort.

The problem is that Prince Charles doesn't have an input into the decision. It is made by the Queen's and the PM's staff and if neither of them want to send them to Australia, New Zealand etc then there's nothing much he can do about it. I think Canada is actually 'owed' half a royal tour by Prince Charles. When he last went it was during the big foot & mouth outbreak in the UK & the Canadian govt wouldn't allow him to visit any rural areas so it halved the vist from 10 days to 5.

TheTruth 11-07-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaFay (Post 849242)
They are - but admittedly only briefly this coming November 11th to mark the 90th anniversary of the end of WWI. I think they are due to meet President Sarkozy and wife.

Cool! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!:flowers:
I believe it will be aired on TV so I'll watch for them :biggrin:

love_cc 11-07-2008 08:06 PM

China and Australia are my choices. I would like to have a chance to see my favourable royals by my eyes in Australia since I am a resident there now;

Since Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and his daughter have visited China recently via (Olympics Games , and Earthquake areas), I would like to have Prince Charles and his wife to visit China any time soon to promote envirionmental issues, heritage reseverations issues, and community-(youth and volunteer) and so on.

rominet09 11-07-2008 08:43 PM

I'd love to see them in Belgium, and especially Liège, I can dream !

Royal Fan 11-07-2008 09:40 PM

Portugual Spain and Brazil .

ada 11-08-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 849226)

Yes, Australia should be high on their list. And I extend a genuine offer for them to spend a night or two at our place, I'm sure they'll be no trouble at all.

Roslyn 11-08-2008 02:39 AM

Australia, please. I would like to see them here showing an interest in us, and I would just like to see them. :smile:

Nico 11-08-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

believe it will be aired on TV so I'll watch for them :biggrin:
On France 2 between 10 and 12 am ;)

Can't wait ....:rofl:

chaimae 11-08-2008 10:49 AM

i dream to see charles and camilla in my contrie Morocco , and especially my specialy my city Tetouan !! i wll be the first to welcome my lovely duchess camilla !!!!!

srivishnu 11-08-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 849155)
It would be interesting to hear which countries you think Charles and Camilla shoud visit over the next few years. I personally think the focus should be on Africa and the commonwealth countries for a number of reasons. Firstly, their visits would bring further attention to the region, help channel investment, highlight charitable causes and also, help secure Charles' place as successor to the Queen as the head of the Commonwealth. Some of the work that William and Harry are doing in the region can also complement Charles and Camilla.

I would like to see HRH Prince Charles to visit Malaysia in the near future.

muriel 11-11-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 849362)
Australia, please. I would like to see them here showing an interest in us, and I would just like to see them. :smile:

I have no doubt they would love to visit your great country. There might just be the slight problem of vast numbers of your fellow countrymen and women wanting to metaphorically(!) guillotine them.

BeatrixFan 11-11-2008 10:03 AM

Well, I'd love to see them visit Queen Beatrix in the Netherlands, Queen Margrethe in Denmark and King Carl Gustav in Sweden. I think those would be lovely glittering trips.

sneeuwklokje 11-11-2008 10:11 AM

Yes, Holland would be nice. He and Queen Bea could be talking about horses all day!!

BeatrixFan 11-11-2008 10:24 AM

And can you imagine the war of the hats between the Queen and the Duchess?

sneeuwklokje 11-11-2008 10:30 AM

Yes, I can, especially when Maxima get's involved too!!:rofl: