Rosersberg Palace, Rosersberg
Rosersberg Palace was built in the 1630s, by the Oxenstierna family. Rosersberg became a Royal Palace in 1762, when it was given to Gustav III's younger brother Karl XII by the state.
The Palace was named after original owner, Gabriel Bengtsson Oxenstierna's mother, who came from the prestigious Tre Rosor family.
King Karl XIV Johan, the first Bernadotte, and his consort Queen Desideria used the Palace as a summer residence, and were the last royals to use Rosersberg as a residence.
Following the Queen's death in 1860, the Palace was given to the Swedish Infantry, who used the Palace as a musketry school until the 1960s.
The Civil Defence then took over the Palace, and to this day Rosersberg is used by the Swedish Rescue Services Agency.
360-degree views of the Palace and gardens here.
Rosersberg Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
today you can live in some of the romms at the castle.
The translation of Tre Rosar is Three Roses.
After 1792 the Rosersberg Palace acquired a number of important new interiors, typified by the Orange Drawing Room, the Red Drawing Room, and the Hogland Room.
On the left hand side of Rosersberg Palace is an English garden.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014