The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Swedish Royal Residences (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f226/)
-   -   Haga Palace, Solna (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f226/haga-palace-solna-18919.html)

JessRulz 11-03-2008 03:24 AM

Haga Palace, Solna

Haga Palace

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...arkenorg-1.jpg

The Haga Palace, which is located in Haga Park in the municipality of Solna, was built between 1802 and 1804. The Palace was commissioned by King Gustav IV Adolf.
The current King, Carl XVI Gustav, and his four sisters - Princesses Margaretha, Birgitta, Désirée and Christina - were all born at the Palace; where the family (the five children and their parents, Prince Gustav Adolf and Princess Sibylla) lived until Prince Gustav Adolf's death in 1947.
Haga Palace was transferred to the Swedish Government in 1966 by the then King, Gustav VI Adolf. The Government today uses the Palace for guests of the Government.

Gustav III's Pavillion and the Copper Tents lie inside the grounds of Haga Park.

Haga Park - Kungahuset [NS4 version]
(Picture from Eko Parken)

JessRulz 11-03-2008 03:27 AM

360-degree view of:
Haga Palace
Gustav III's Pavillion
The Copper Tents

:smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haga_Palace

JessRulz 11-04-2008 10:26 PM

Information on Gustav III's Pavillion, summarised from the Swedish RF's website:
-King Gustav III commissioned the building of the Pavillion
-The Pavillion was built in 1787 by the architect Olof Tempelman
-Artist Louis Masreliez was commissioned to do the interiors of the Pavillion
-The Pavillion was just one of the many grand ideas Gustav III had for Haga Park, many of these did not get past the drawing board
-Gustav III used the Pavillion in the years before his assassination
-It was from the Pavillion that Gustav III left for the masquerade ball in March 1792
-King Oscar I commissioned a restoration of the building in the 1840s
-Another major restoration was done between 1937 and 1946

Josefine 03-26-2009 05:51 PM

how big is it?

Josefine 04-23-2009 11:13 AM

this will be tha new home for the crown princess family....

maybe new haga prinssesor will be brought up there

when was haga last used by royals?

iowabelle 04-23-2009 04:35 PM

It looks sort of small from the exterior...

Lumutqueen 04-23-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine (Post 925268)
when was haga last used by royals?

Haga Palace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before Prince Gustav Adolf died, then the royal family moved to the Royal Palace in Stockholm.
And yes looks abit small.
x

iowabelle 04-23-2009 05:23 PM

Maybe there's a wing we can't see from the photos. But it does look charming and not too intimidating. I would assume that if the king and his many sisters grew up there it is probably more spacious than it looks.

Paty 04-23-2009 05:31 PM

Video of Haga Palace

Detta är Haga slott - Rapport | SVT Play

gardenia8 04-24-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle (Post 925424)
It looks sort of small from the exterior...

Very true, it is smaller than one would expect a palace to be. However, right now it is just the 2 of them. Even if they add kids it will be a nice home for a family. I wonder if this is larger than her aparment at her parents palace/castle?

ruthieviews 04-24-2009 03:05 PM

ruthieviews

Even though Haga Palace may be smaller than some of the other palaces, it is probably the most updated. Since the Swedish Government used Haga Palace to house important visitors, it must be in wonderful condition. The heating, plumbing, electrical, structural and landscaping have surely been updated and modernized. The interior and furnishings must also be in very good condition. If so, then this is the very best choice for the couple. "Move in Ready" is a very good thing. In this time of fiscal uncertainty, it is also the wisest choice financially.

Turkish Delight 04-24-2009 03:07 PM

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Victoria and Daniel to make home in Haga

Josefine 04-29-2009 02:52 AM

video of Park of Haga
from youtube
YouTube - Stockholm - Hagaparken i Solna (&fmt=22)

Josefine 08-14-2009 12:17 PM

do you think they will live there before the wedding or will they move in after?

sandra1 10-16-2009 04:09 PM

I read that the palace has 40 rooms. if it is true, the palace is not very small and really bigger than her appartment.
does anyone more information about the inside from the palace.

Paty 11-11-2009 05:52 AM

Renovations works of the Haga Place

Photos ANP
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

tog 12-10-2009 12:25 PM

Cost of renovation

According to Expressen and Dagens Industri the budget for renovating Haga is 40,4MSEK. According to Expressen Victorias slott renoveras för 40 miljoner - Leva & bo - Heminredning Leva Bo Allt för Hus & Hem | Expressen this is split between security (16,1MSEK), rebuilding (7,6MSEK) and renovation (16,7MSEK). The electrical systems and piping for water and sewage is among what will be changed, as well as building new kitchen and bathrooms.

ruthieviews 01-24-2010 01:45 AM

ruthieviews

I read in one of the translated articles that a place was being prepared at Haga Palace for Daniel's parents. Is this a new or renovated building? Will they live there or is it a place for them when they visit? There appears to be another building nearby. Perhaps this is for staff and security personnel. I look forward to seeing some pictures of the refurbished interior of Haga Palace.

ruthieviews 02-04-2010 12:52 AM

ruthieviews

After stumbling my way through comments to your posts on renovations to Haga Palace, I have decided that the "place" for Daniel's family and friends is Stallmastargarden - a Hotel and Restaurant near Haga. I think the article addressed whether there would be a lighted walkway between the Hotel and Haga Palace. It would be a likely place for Daniel to house his family and friends during the wedding festivities. Did I get it right this time? I can get translations of articles, but not always for the comments. I am beginning to recognize some phrases, but am a long way from being fluent in Swedish. Nevertheless, I enjoy the Royal Forums very much.

lilnana 04-02-2010 09:30 PM

I found a 3D computer drawing of Haga that includes the side building.
Haga Castle by nerow - Google 3D Warehouse

I've always thought it looked smaller then the size it stated as, so I'm assuming it includes the building that's attached to it. I've noticed that most of the photos of Haga tend not to show the side building, I actually didn't even know there was more to Haga because you hardly ever see in in photos. I have some questions about it.
Does anyone one know what the building on the side is/was used for?
It doesn't have look at the same as the 'main house' (looks more like a big house -or manor- then a palace to me), was it added on later?
If not, why wasn't it designed to flow more with the house?