The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Haakon & Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/)
-   -   Haakon & Mette-Marit Visit To Iceland June 2004 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f47/haakon-and-mette-marit-visit-to-iceland-june-2004-a-1881.html)

anna 06-08-2004 11:59 AM

Official visit to Iceland 2004

Haakon and Mette-Marit will go on an official visit to Iceland 27. 30. june 2004

Quote:

8.6.2004 -- 15:00 -- Offisielt besøk til Island

Etter invitasjon fra Hans Eksellense, Islands President, Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, vil Deres Kongelige Høyheter Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen avlegge et offisielt besøk til Island i tiden 27. – 30. juni. 2004.

Foruten Reykjavík skal Kronprinsparet besøke Snorre Sturlasons Reykholt og Alltingets historiske møteplass på Thingvellir.  Programmet omfatter besøk til Elkems ferrosilisiumsanlegg og åpning av en norsk keramikkutstilling i Gardabær.  Kronprinsparet vil også overvære en konsert med Ola Kvernberg Trio i Reykjavík.

I anledning av 100-årsmarkeringen av det moderne sildefisket på Island vil Hans Kongelige Høyhet Kronprinsen og den islandske President besøke Siglufjördur.

hrhcp 06-08-2004 02:04 PM

That puts them into Iceland at roughly the same time as the Danish Royals transiting from Greenland to Denmark.

carlota 06-27-2004 06:59 PM

Haakon & Mette-Marit Visit To Iceland June 2004

smily mette marit

mette marit

nice outfit!

arriving

greeting the cp couple

hrhcp 06-27-2004 07:24 PM

are they in Iceland ?

hrhcp 06-27-2004 07:26 PM

Quote:

carlota  Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 3:59 pm

greeting the cp couple

Look at Haakon beaming at his wife.

Genevieve 06-27-2004 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:24 pm
are they in Iceland ?
Yes, they are on a four day trip to Iceland. Tonight from Reykjavik, Iceland.

Very pretty Mette-Marit

Mette-Marit and Haakon

Haakon

Mette-Marit

hrhcp 06-27-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Genevieve  Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 5:23 pm

Very pretty Mette-Marit

Mette-Marit and Haakon

Haakon

Mette-Marit

MM looks best imho in the last picture you posted. Simply stunning in that blouse(?).

Taking a page from Frederik and Mary in Greenland, it looks like the northern isolated climate brings the best out in temperaments of the Royals.

Lyonnaise 06-27-2004 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Genevieve@Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:23 pm
Mette-Marit
She looks absolutely angelic in this picture!

hrhcp 06-27-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

Lyonnaise  Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 6:20 pm

earring

imho .... the "piece of resistance" is how well, they - MM and the earring - compliment each other. :)

hrhcp 06-27-2004 09:49 PM

smart shoes too. Is this Haakon's gift ?

lucys 06-27-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lyonnaise+Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:54 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lyonnaise &#064; Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:54 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Genevieve@Jun 27th, 2004 - 7:23 pm
Mette-Marit
She looks absolutely angelic in this picture&#33; [/b][/quote]
This entire series of photos is wonderful. She looks just beautiful.

It&#39;s funny how taste works: some people on this board are all Mary Mary Mary, but I find Mette-Marit has a much more natural beauty than Mary--although sometimes her clothing does her no favors. But that&#39;s just my opinion and nothing else.

Gabriella 06-27-2004 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lucys@Jun 27th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
It&#39;s funny how taste works: some people on this board are all Mary Mary Mary, but I find Mette-Marit has a much more natural beauty than Mary--although sometimes her clothing does her no favors. But that&#39;s just my opinion and nothing else.
I agree with you, and I said so just a few days ago. Mette-Marit is what my mother calls a refreshing beauty. She looks beautiful no matter what situation she is in. She always glows and does so without glopping on five pounds of makeup.

I wonder why royals are going to the coldest places in the world. It&#39;s summer, head to the Caribbean&#33;

hrhcp 06-27-2004 11:12 PM

Quote:

Gabriella&nbsp; Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 8:01 pm

It&#39;s summer, head to the Caribbean&#33;

What, and fry ?
Summer trips to escape the heat, and winter vacations to Hawaii &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Gabriella 06-27-2004 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:12 pm
Quote:

Gabriella** Posted: Jun 27th, 2004 - 8:01 pm

It&#39;s summer, head to the Caribbean&#33;

What, and fry ?

exactly. :flower:

To freeze or fry that is the question&#33;

hrhcp 06-27-2004 11:42 PM

You do Iceland a bit of a disfavour ... it is warmed - as is Europe - by the Gulf Stream.

I would imagine its like Iqualit, Nunavat (Canada) ... I was there around this time of the year a number of years ago, and it was very nice. Running around in shirt-sleeves, and getting sunburnt.

The trouble, I suppose, is that you like to &#39;sweat&#39; in balmy humid conditions year around and think that to be normal? :yuk: :yuk: :flower:

bigheadshirmp 06-28-2004 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gabriella+Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:01 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gabriella @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 11:01 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lucys@Jun 27th, 2004 - 10:31 pm
I agree with you, and I said so just a few days ago. Mette-Marit is what my mother calls a refreshing beauty. She looks beautiful no matter what situation she is in. She always glows and does so without glopping on five pounds of makeup.

I wonder why royals are going to the coldest places in the world. It&#39;s summer, head to the Caribbean&#33; [/b][/quote]
i agree with both of you.....Mette- Marit is more of a natural beauty than Mary.......
Mette-Marit&#39;s gestures are more natural....Mary gives people a feeling that she&#39;s trying to fit in as a "crown princess"....I found her smiles are sometimes kind of fake or unnatural

Wisnu 06-28-2004 02:34 AM

Quote:

i agree with both of you.....Mette- Marit is more of a natural beauty than Mary.......
Mette-Marit's gestures are more natural....Mary gives people a feeling that she's trying to fit in as a "crown princess"....I found her smiles are sometimes kind of fake or unnatural
I don't agree, about beauty and bone structure Mary off course is more beautiful and better. MM skin looks so pale, putting make up only make her face like mask, indeed MM is better with ultralight make up.

I agree MM smile looks natural than Mary.

nouwrein 06-28-2004 06:41 AM

I agree, Mette-Marit is such a natural beauty. That curly hairstyle is very refreshing for her. I think pastels suits her very well.

Lyonnaise 06-28-2004 09:44 PM

New Pictures from Iceland

Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon visit Reykhorlt during their 4-day visit to Iceland on June 28, 2004 in Reykjavik, Iceland

Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff and Crown Princess Mette-Marit attend a reception at Bessastadir the official residence of President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson and his wife Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff

mette-marit

Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit and President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson and his wife Mrs Dorrit Mousaieff visit a power station in Nesjavellir during their 4-day visit on June 28, 2004 in Reykjavik, Iceland

President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson and his wife Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff, Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit visit Tilingvellir

her purse

Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon visit Reykhorlt

President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff, and Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon visit Tilingvellir

Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit visit Nesjavellir, a "Natural" power station

Prince Haakon

Norwegian Crown Prince Haakon and his wife Crown Princess Mette-Marit and President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson and his wife Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff visit a power station in Nesjavellir

group photo

the crown princess

Lyonnaise 06-28-2004 09:56 PM

(change your search query, find new pictures)

Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff attend a reception at Bessastadir the official residence of President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson and his wife Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff during a 4-day visit on June 28, 2004 in Reykjavik, Iceland

shouldn&#39;t there be a hunky bodyguard holding the umbrella for them??

you&#39;d think the future queen would be able to afford her own umbrella? ;)

haakon

laughing

Mrs. Dorrit Mousaieff and Crown Princess Mette-Marit

with Haakon was the new generation of crown princes&#39; all taught to look at their wives with the same puppy-dog eyes?

the look of love

HRH

Crown Princess Mette-Marit visits Reykhorlt

the crown prince and princess