The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Swedish Royal Residences (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f226/)
-   -   Storlien, Jämtland (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f226/storlien-j-mtland-18807.html)

Josefine 11-21-2002 07:00 AM

Storlien, Jämtland
 
Storlien

Storlien is the private winter residence of the King of Sweden.
Storlien is located in the Åre municipality of Jämtland; close to the Swedish-Norwegian border.

hrhcp 09-14-2003 10:39 PM

my first day as a member on this MB.

excellent layout and content.

I see that in addition to the more important slotts in Stockholm like Drottningholm, Kungliga Slott, you also make reference to Solliden. How about Storlein?? Has that place been discussed in the past, and how might I find it? Or will be 'opened' any time soon?

Thanks,
and best regards

Yennie 09-15-2003 09:58 AM

Do you mean the royal familys cottage in Storlien? Its a private cottage and its not opened to the public in any way...

Yennie 09-15-2003 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here´s a picture of the royal family outside thier house in Storlien.

Helen88 09-15-2003 10:23 AM

How old is the picture?

Yennie 09-15-2003 04:39 PM

Its from 1996

hrhcp 09-15-2003 05:40 PM

First off, sorry that I spelled Storlien wrong. :o

That place looks newer then I would have supposed. It has - in my eyes - that classic Swedish weekend vacation home look, which is almost ageless.

Any more pictures of it? Seeing that Storlien is almost at the border with Norway, is this place within 100 metres of the border? :blink:

Also: how come the Norwegian royal family has about an equal number of approximately 3 to 4 private and official residences each, and the Swedish royal family - being in a larger country and supposedly richer - makes do with only one private residence? :innocent:

hrhcp 09-15-2003 05:45 PM

A further query to the current building of 1996 vintage ..... it was my impression that the Royal Family has been coming to Storlien for years. And using a lodge that the King inherited. What happened, therefore, with the predecessor place?

Yennie 09-16-2003 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrhcp
Also: how come the Norwegian royal family has about an equal number of approximately 3 to 4 private and official residences each, and the Swedish royal family - being in a larger country and supposedly richer - makes do with only one private residence

The royal family has one more cottage, in Tärnaby I think. And king Carl Gustaf owns Solliden on Öland aswell.
But all the other palaces, like Drottningholm, is owned by the state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrhcp
it was my impression that the Royal Family has been coming to Storlien for years. And using a lodge that the King inherited. What happened, therefore, with the predecessor place?

I dont know if I understood your question correct, but this is the place that have been the skiing home for the family for years. The king went there when he was a crown prince to...

hrhcp 09-16-2003 09:51 AM

Quote:

I dont know if I understood your question correct, but this is the place that have been the skiing home for the family for years. The king went there when he was a crown prince to...
Actually, I misread your earlier answer of 1996. I thought that was when the house was built, and then it occurred to me that was the date of the photograph.

By the way, how do you know all this? Thank you all the same.

Yennie 09-16-2003 10:52 AM

Ok, now I understand =)

How do I know all this? Well, after beeing interrested in the royal family for many years I´ve learn a lot of things about them...

hrhcp 09-18-2003 12:46 PM

Quote:

Here´s a picture of the royal family outside thier house in Storlien.

Yennie .... if I may ask, what is the link to that picture?

Yennie 09-18-2003 04:40 PM

Quote:

Yennie .... if I may ask, what is the link to that picture?
I had it on my computer... I dont know where you can find it online...

hrhcp 09-18-2003 08:29 PM

I was afraid you were going to say that. (But if one doesn't ask ...)

Josefine 03-26-2009 05:58 PM

do tehy still have the cottage
how big is it and are there more photos of it?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises