The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   The Family of Prince Henrik - The de Laborde de Monpezats (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/the-family-of-prince-henrik-the-de-laborde-de-monpezats-1869.html)

sky 02-16-2004 02:28 PM

The Family of Prince Henrik - The de Laborde de Monpezats
 
Was his mother Mexican? I read on a website that the Danish court had some problems with him being Latin and I read somewhere else that his mother was Mexican. But I having read anything about it since. I just wanted know , since websites are always stating Alexandra family's backround, but for Henri only stating her was a French count.

H.M. Margrethe 02-16-2004 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sky@Feb 16th, 2004 - 1:28 pm
Was his mother Mexican? I read on a website that the Danish court had some problems with him being Latin and I read somewhere else that his mother was Mexican. But I having read anything about it since. I just wanted know , since websites are always stating Alexandra family's backround, but for Henri only stating her was a French count.
Hello HRH Prince Henriks mother and farther were both Frence by birth.
Ther were no Mexican over prince Henriks mother nothing what so ever.
Prince Henrik are still af Frence count but it is only when he is staying in France

Alisa 02-16-2004 11:57 PM

Don't tell Henrik that his claim of being a French count is not legit :unsure:

H.M. Margrethe 04-06-2004 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Alisa@Feb 16th, 2004 - 10:57 pm
Don't tell Henrik that his claim of being a French count is not legit :unsure:
Well his claim of being a french count is legit becaus he is one of the older sons in the family.

Sean.~ 04-06-2004 06:47 PM

Quote:

Well his claim of being a french count is legit becaus he is one of the older sons in the family. [/b]
IIRC, the family's entitlement to the countly title itself is questionable. IIRC, the title was never officially granted or the correct patent letters were not issued (something along those lines).

greg 05-03-2004 04:49 PM

Latin background means here his French, not Mexican origin B) French culture belongs to Latin and Mediterrean heritage as well as Italian or Spanish. I just wonder how they reconciled their different temperaments? :flower:

kcc 05-06-2004 01:00 PM

can someone provide info on the princes ancestry.i have read contradictory accounts. is he of merovingian descent.i know this would be hard to substantiate.thanks,i'm just curious.

kil 05-17-2004 06:41 AM

What do you know about Frederik's french cousin : Grégoire de Laborde de Montpezat ? ;) the son of Henrik's brother : Jean-Baptiste !

Have you got pics of him ? :lol:

Thanks ;)

Theilmann 05-17-2004 06:35 PM

The only thing I could find was that he was born in 1977.

Topsy-Turvy 05-17-2004 08:09 PM

Is he the one that is married to a Dane???

kil 05-18-2004 03:19 PM

He is already married ??? :blink: no I don't think so ......
Where did you find that ????

Topsy-Turvy 05-18-2004 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kil@May 18th, 2004 - 3:19 pm
He is already married ??? :blink: no I don't think so ......
Where did you find that ????

They mentioned on Danish television that one of HRH Prince Henrik's nephews was married to a Dane, I just can't remember which one (of the nephews, not the Danes :lol: )

kil 05-19-2004 12:10 PM

ONE of the Prince Henrik's nephew ... but he has .... sooooo many nephew :lol:
His sister has if I remember 8 children , one of his brother 3 children , an other one I don't know ...
So I don't really think it's the one I'm looking for ;) I found a genealogy of the family and apparently he is not married ... it's not mentionned ... ;)

Thanks ;)

hrhcp 05-19-2004 01:15 PM

is there much visiting between the cousins in Denmark and France ?

Theilmann 05-24-2004 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 1:15 pm
is there much visiting between the cousins in Denmark and France ?
It said in "BT" today that Thomas Beauvillain and Vincent Beauvillain were on a hunting trip to Bornholm together with Prince Henrik and Prince Gustav of Berleburg. Apparently dear are in season.

USCtrojan 05-24-2004 06:52 PM

Tell me more about this young man...... It would be great if someone could find a photo or photos of Henriks side of the family at the wedding....

kil 05-25-2004 11:58 AM

The one I'm looking for is named Grégoire de Laborde de Montpezat ;)

Philippos 06-13-2004 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kcc@May 6th, 2004 - 7:00 pm
can someone provide info on the princes ancestry.i have read contradictory accounts. is he of merovingian descent.i know this would be hard to substantiate.thanks,i'm just curious.
As far as I have heard, no one can prove any merovingian descent. Has anyone heard otherwise? I would like to have some references in this matter.

Charles 06-20-2004 10:44 PM

Quote:

IIRC, the family's entitlement to the countly title itself is questionable. IIRC, the title was never officially granted or the correct patent letters were not issued (something along those lines). [/b]
I don't think it's a matter of intention either --- I think the family just started using it because another line of the family was made noble and they were not.

I do think there is a legitimate Marquess of Laborde of Montpezat though.

ysbel 03-11-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Does an editorial count as "news"? Well, in any case, it's a rather unique, if jaded, perspective on the Kingaroo's first 15 months.:rolleyes:

Interesting. It says that the Y chromosome is very strong in Prince Henriks descendents so it predicts another boy.

He may have a point there. Henrik had two sons, Joachim had two sons, chances are this second child of Frederik and Mary will be another son.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises