The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/queen-elizabeth-and-the-duke-of-edinburgh-current-events-19-october-2008-march-2009-a-18683.html)

chaimae 12-25-2008 12:34 PM

the queen speech from youtube :
YouTube - TheRoyalChannel's Channel

ElisaR 12-25-2008 12:48 PM

I watched the Queen's message on television for the first time, thanks to BBC World News. :flowers:

chaimae 12-25-2008 01:04 PM

tha british royal familly Attend Christmas Day Service At Sandringham :
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Al_bina 12-25-2008 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaimae (Post 871799)

Given the current circumstances, the theme of Her Majesty's Christmas speech was appropriate. My favourite moment was shots of Prince Andrew in a military uniform taking the British military personnel.

ghost_night554 12-25-2008 10:07 PM

I really enjoyed Her Majesty's speech. I was planning on watching it online later but they just suddenly showed it on tv, without any warning kinda threw me off for a second, but it was very well done and I loved all the clips included.

Iluvbertie 12-25-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaimae (Post 871628)
more informations about the christmas message :
Queen's fear for families hit by credit crunch | Mail Online

I know that this is The Mail and that it is anti-monarchy but has anyone else read the vitriolic comments by the readers. I don't think there was a positive comment amongst the 59 replies and that is so sad, I think.

Lillibetforever 12-26-2008 01:15 AM

HM Leaving Christmas Services

Her Majesty's fabulous gray and red Christmas outfit.
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/r...GreyandRed.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/r...masday2008.jpg

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/r...istmas2008.jpg

wbenson 12-26-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 871894)
I don't think there was a positive comment amongst the 59 replies and that is so sad, I think.

The Mail actively moderates the comments. If a submission doesn't meet the tone requirements they set for an article, it doesn't get in. Which is sad.

Mermaid1962 12-26-2008 01:34 AM

I read the article about the Queen's Christmas Message not long ago, and it looks like a few positive comments got posted. Not many, mind you, but a few. I spend some time over there "voting down" the negative ones.:smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 871900)
The Mail actively moderates the comments. If a submission doesn't meet the tone requirements they set for an article, it doesn't get in. Which is sad.

ada 12-26-2008 02:31 AM

HM looks great in this colour. Does HM have a new fashion advisor? She has looked simply fab. all year.

Iluvbertie 12-26-2008 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 871900)

I am aware of that but I have actually had positive comments posted there and regularly see a small percentage but this article seemed only to have vitriolic comments and the article was actually quite postive as far as The Mail goes.

Warren 12-26-2008 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lillibetforever (Post 871694)
Christmas video I just put together to get in the holiday spirit! ;)

Lovely video Lillibetforever! :flowers:

chaimae 12-26-2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 871837)
Given the current circumstances, the theme of Her Majesty's Christmas speech was appropriate. My favourite moment was shots of Prince Andrew in a military uniform taking the British military personnel.

and my favorite moment was of the queen palying with the prince of wals :wub:it was a beautiful moment wich you can see the queen as a lovely mother not the strong queen that we know 55 years ago :wub:

ElisaR 12-27-2008 01:31 PM

I enjoyed the footage featuring the Queen with Charles. :wub:

georgiea 12-27-2008 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaimae (Post 871799)

I loved Queen Elizabeth's theme that a meaningful life is to serve others.
Her speech tied the Royal Family's service to the public with the film clips.

I also thought the recongition of Prince Charles was very meaningful.;)

Avicenna 12-28-2008 12:50 PM

Can this be true?

suedkurier.de | Queen erlässt Maulkorb für Angestellte

Found this article today ... basically it says that the employees of the royal household (more than 200 butlers, servants, cooks, cleaning personal) have to sign a paper which requires them not only to strict secrecy (which I could understand), but also to return any received gifts, papers, documents, even personal diaries!!! in case of leaving the palace.

What is the use of giving someone a gift or a thank-you-letter or ..., if the person has to return it upon e.g. retirement?

IMHO that's inordinate! :nonono:

Russophile 12-28-2008 10:04 PM

I would imagine it is discouragement for those who want to cash in on their experience with the BRF.

MARG 12-28-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russophile (Post 872770)
I would imagine it is discouragement for those who want to cash in on their experience with the BRF.

If indeed the article is true, I would imagine it has more to do with Paul Burrell taking personal items and diaries of Princess Diana for "safekeeping". :hammer:

Iluvbertie 12-28-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 872772)
If indeed the article is true, I would imagine it has more to do with Paul Burrell taking personal items and diaries of Princess Diana for "safekeeping". :hammer:

Not to mention the number of items that have come up for sale over the years.

QUEENECE29 12-30-2008 06:15 AM

Rumours that Queen 'did not like Irish' stalled state visit preparations...

Rumours that Queen 'did not like Irish' stalled state visit preparations - Telegraph