The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/queen-elizabeth-and-the-duke-of-edinburgh-current-events-19-october-2008-march-2009-a-18683.html)

Warren 10-14-2008 09:53 AM

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009

Welcome to part 20 of the current events of the

Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh.

Part 19 covering the period May-October 2008 can be found here.

¤ ¤ ¤

iceflower 10-14-2008 05:24 PM

Pics 14.10.2008

Queen Elizabeth II during an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham
Palace, London, October 14, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Russophile 10-14-2008 06:56 PM

Hey Warren! Thorn in your side here! :biggrin:
Another question about the arms.
Now this Yankee wonders if this coat of arms is unique to HM.
Is there a picture of her fathers to compare it to? And one can safely assume that when Prince Charles becomes King he will keep most of them but will add his own "touch" to the arms?
Thanks! :wave:

wbenson 10-15-2008 03:17 AM

They're identical to her father's, except for the style of the crown. The Queen wanted the "Tudor" crown changed to an "Imperial" crown. But heraldically, they're identical. The type of crown is just artistic license.

giov 10-15-2008 11:48 AM

Pics from Mediumphoto
Queen Elizabeth II receives The Lieutenant Governor of Ontario The Honourable David Onley and Mrs Onley, the Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany Mr Georg Boomgaarden, and the High Commissioner for the Islamic Republic of Pakistan Mr Wajid Shamsul Hasan
at Buckingham Palace in London Picture date: Wednesday October 15 2008.
http://i33.tinypic.com/9sggap.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/hx6bs9.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/160qudi.jpg

Russophile 10-15-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbenson (Post 837644)
They're identical to her father's, except for the style of the crown. The Queen wanted the "Tudor" crown changed to an "Imperial" crown. But heraldically, they're identical. The type of crown is just artistic license.

Oh cool! Thanks! Learn something new every day here! :flowers:

wbenson 10-16-2008 12:16 AM

BBC NEWS | UK | Queen's image marks Google visit

An image of the Queen has been incorporated into Google's homepage logo to mark her visit to the internet giant's British headquarters.

The specially-commissioned image, called a "Google doodle", features the Queen's profile and a crown.

iceflower 10-16-2008 03:57 AM

Here's an article about yesterday's event:

Queen hosts 50th anniversary tea party for former Blue Peter presenters down the ages

Skydragon 10-16-2008 04:50 PM

The Queen was given a glimpse into the world behind the internet search engine Google today when she visited the organisation's offices.
The Monarch, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, was introduced to software engineers, senior managers, and a host of other staff that keep the world's most popular internet search site running

The Queen giggles at YouTube's famous laughing baby during visit to Google HQ | Mail Online

giov 10-16-2008 04:51 PM

Queen Elizabeth II Visits Google Headquarters, 16 Oct 2008 .
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/searc...nment_id=46981

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...9))&position=1

That is so funny!
This is my favourite pic!

Ella Kay 10-16-2008 04:52 PM

The new Google logo made especially for the Queen is so great! I love how much she's interested in learning about technology.

marmi 10-17-2008 02:27 AM

News Summary Royalblog.nl: A right royal Google for Queen Elizabeth
News Summary Royalblog.nl: Q. Elizabeth welcomes Pakistan HC back

ada 10-17-2008 03:06 AM

Thankyou to Giov and everyone who posted photos of the Queen at google. My fave - HM with her google doodle in the background

ysbel 10-17-2008 11:41 AM

Somehow I never thought of the Queen and Google in the same thought before. Hmm.

iceflower 10-18-2008 03:45 AM

Pics 16.10.2008

Queen Elizabeth II meets Olympic medalists during a reception held at Buckingham
Palace for the 2008 Great Britain Olympic Team on October 16, 2008 in London,
England - the gentleman on pic 3 has of course not won any medals, it's London
Mayor Boris Johnson ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Warren 10-18-2008 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 839129)
..the gentleman on Pic 3 has of course not won any medals, it's London Mayor Boris Johnson ;)

Note that the Lady in Waiting is keeping a very firm eye on Boris. :biggrin:

Mermaid1962 10-18-2008 04:16 PM

I expect lots of people "Google" the Queen, though.:biggrin:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysbel (Post 838846)
Somehow I never thought of the Queen and Google in the same thought before. Hmm.

ada 10-19-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 (Post 839394)
I expect lots of people "Google" the Queen, though.:biggrin:

Yes, that's how discovered TRF

crisscross1 10-19-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 839222)

I don't blame her, he reminds me of a thuggy union rep :ohmy:
I remember seeing him at the Olympic games closing ceremony and thinking what an untidy, unkempt looking man he was.
He should get a hair cut as well.

Penny Royalty 10-19-2008 03:57 AM

I really like her dress and the way her silver hair beams with beauty. Her hair seems like pearls themselves. Very beautiful a woman. Thanks Iceflower for sharing with us a ceremony in honor of the Olympic medal awardees. Long live her Highness the Queen.

Skydragon 10-19-2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 839222)

He always reminds me of an Old English Sheepdog puppy, he is however a very charming and intelligent young man.:flowers:
--------------------------
It is more exclusive than the Orient Express, more romantic than the Trans-Siberian Express, and the food is considerably better than on the East Coast mainline. The Queen loves it, claiming it is one of the few places left on Earth where she can kick off her shoes, put up her feet and relax in total privacy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...home-home.html

Emeralds and Opals 10-19-2008 04:21 PM

Re: The Queen and Horse Racing.

Courtesy of the Telegraph.

The Queen and her racehorses - Telegraph

"The Queen and her racehorses."

marmi 10-20-2008 02:49 AM

More from the google visit: La Reine Elizabeth "Googlé" - Royalement Vôtre

ada 10-20-2008 03:33 AM

Thank you Marmi, I am so pleased HM went to Google, she's a champion

iceflower 10-20-2008 08:06 AM

Pics 18.10.2008

Queen Elizabeth II horse riding with her Stud Groom in the
grounds of Windsor Castle. Windsor, Britain - 18 Oct 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Skydragon 10-20-2008 08:18 AM

Prince Philip, who has a long history of provoking embarrassing moments, unintentionally left Google chiefs red-faced this week, a report said Friday.

The 87-year-old was visiting the online giant's London headquarters Thursday with Queen Elizabeth II, and its bosses were giving them a presentation of the signature Google Earth application.

Prince Philip leaves Google royally red-faced - Yahoo! News UK
------------------------
Google Earth is an interesting application, however the coverage of the UK leaves a lot to be desired. We can see our London House, but not our home in Scotland.

Jo of Palatine 10-20-2008 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 840150)
Google Earth is an interesting application, however the coverage of the UK leaves a lot to be desired. We can see our London House, but not our home in Scotland.

Maybe you should have decided not to build a new house in the wilderness... Be patient, in maybe three to five years they will have uploaded new pics showing your new ranch.... :biggrin:

Skydragon 10-20-2008 10:54 AM

A new ranch, that would be nice or would it. :ermm:The house is more than a few hundred years old and has so much character, that I don't 'see' in a new build.:flowers: Very little exists for Google past Glasgow, Aberdeen and Edinburgh, so our part of the world does not exist!:rofl::rofl:

princess gertrude 10-20-2008 02:22 PM

I can't help but love Prince Philip when he has these moments. He just says what everyone else might be thinking. I bet he keeps the Queen in stitches! I have to give him credit though, quick witted at his age is a great accomplishment. ;)

Skydragon 10-20-2008 03:21 PM

I too think he is wonderful, quick witted and a sense of humour, what more could you want?:flowers:

iceflower 10-20-2008 05:51 PM

Pics 17.10.2008

Queen Elizabeth II meets His Excellency the High Commissioner for the
Republic of Trinidad amp Tobago Mr John Jeremie (pic 1), the President
of Estonia Mr Toomas Hendrik Ilves (pic 2) and His Excellency Shaikh
Khalifa bin Al Khalifa the Ambassador of Bahrain (pic 3) at Buckingham
Palace London, October 17, 2008

Skydragon 10-20-2008 06:09 PM

Pnk has attacked the British Royal Family after they ignored her anti-fur and anti-hunting letters.

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna...ml&e=l_news_dm

Russophile 10-20-2008 09:42 PM

Aren't they keep the bear population down this way??
Would she want rampant, starving bears running around in her neighborhood ripping people's arms off?? Ever see "The Grizzly Man?" Not for the squeamish. Bears ARE wild after all!

Mermaid1962 10-20-2008 10:43 PM

In the area where I live, the bears are eating up to get ready for hibernation; and they seem to be particularly aggressive and intrusive this year in exploring people's property for food. I have to be careful about where I go for walks, including well-travelled roads with lots of houses around.:eek:

Mermaid1962 10-20-2008 10:45 PM

HM is one of the few women in the world who's easily recognizable even from behind. Now THAT'S iconic!:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny Royalty (Post 839599)
I really like her dress and the way her silver hair beams with beauty. Her hair seems like pearls themselves. Very beautiful a woman. Thanks Iceflower for sharing with us a ceremony in honor of the Olympic medal awardees. Long live her Highness the Queen.

ada 10-21-2008 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 840147)
Queen Elizabeth II horse riding with her Stud Groom in the
grounds of Windsor Castle. Windsor, Britain - 18 Oct 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

These photos are amazing, how many 82 yr olds can do this? Like I said, she's a champion

Russophile 10-21-2008 12:54 PM

HM loves life! And it shows in her pictures.:flowers:

QueenElizabeth 10-27-2008 08:48 AM

The Lady-in-Waiting is of course The Countess of Airlie.

chaimae 10-29-2008 08:36 AM

28 October 2008:The Queen receives His Excellency Mr. Carles Casajuana at Buckingham Palace on his appointment as Ambassador from the Kingdom of Spain to the Court of St. James's.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/files/Galler...in%20large.jpg

iceflower 10-30-2008 01:49 PM

Pics 30.10.2008

Britain's Queen Elizabeth II meets German Chancellor Angela
Merkel at Buckingham Palace in London, on October 30, 2008.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will hold talks dominated by
the global financial crisis with Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

I wonder what the Queen thinks about our German Queen Angela ;)

MARG 10-31-2008 07:42 AM

Great pix Ice. Pleased to see that PM Helen Clark is not the only female world leader to meet the Queen wearing a trouser suit. :whistling:

Skydragon 10-31-2008 08:55 AM

Sorry, another Mail article!
-------------------
While fury against the BBC over Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross was at its peak, the corporation brazenly aired a highly offensive remark about the Queen.
During the comedy show Mock The Week on Wednesday evening, Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle made a 'disgracefully foul' so-called joke

Even as Russell Brand row raged, BBC 'comedians' were insulting the Queen | Mail Online

BeatrixFan 10-31-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 845266)
Britain's Queen Elizabeth II meets German Chancellor Angela
Merkel at Buckingham Palace in London, on October 30, 2008.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will hold talks dominated by
the global financial crisis with Prime Minister Gordon Brown.

I wonder what the Queen thinks about our German Queen Angela ;)

It's nice to see Angela Merkel showing the Queen so much respect with a little bow. Ok she didn't curtsey but a bow is just as good, especially when it isn't really required of her. From what I know, Angela only speaks German so I assume the meeting was held in German?

iceflower 10-31-2008 01:23 PM

Pics 27.+30.10.2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 845923)
Great pix Ice. Pleased to see that PM Helen Clark is not the only female world leader to meet the Queen wearing a trouser suit. :whistling:

:biggrin: Quite brave I would say ;)

BeatrixFan, as far as I know Angela Merkel speaks Russian and English,
Russian surely better than English as to the region in Germany she grew
up, but nevertheless.. :smile:

The Queen at St James Palace in London at a reception to mark the
60th anniversary of the Leonard Cheshire Disability on October 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Queen at an Investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, October 30:

** Pic **

Mermaid1962 10-31-2008 11:44 PM

Yeah, nothing like a joke about HM's bodily functions for a cheap laugh.:rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 845981)
Sorry, another Mail article!
-------------------
While fury against the BBC over Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross was at its peak, the corporation brazenly aired a highly offensive remark about the Queen.
During the comedy show Mock The Week on Wednesday evening, Scottish comedian Frankie Boyle made a 'disgracefully foul' so-called joke

Even as Russell Brand row raged, BBC 'comedians' were insulting the Queen | Mail Online

Emeralds and Opals 11-02-2008 01:23 PM

Re: Christmas celebrations at Sandringham.

Credit crunch forces the Queen to scale down Sandringham's Christmas festival - Telegraph

iceflower 11-05-2008 02:31 AM

Pics 4.11.2008

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh during the 'Vigil
1914-1918' ceremony at Canada House, Trafalgar Square on November
4, 2008 in London, England. The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh attended
the short ceremony to pay respects to the Canadian servicemen who
lost their lives in the First World War. This year marks the 90th anniversary
of the end of the World War I.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

giov 11-05-2008 11:21 AM

Pics from Mediumphoto
Queen Elisabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attend a lecture during a visit to the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) to open the eight storey New Academic Building, November 05 2008.

http://i34.tinypic.com/in7i94.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/23igmyw.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/f3c5sh.jpg (the lecture doesn't seem to be very interesting to the Duke of Edinburgh!):sleep:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2mq6ryt.jpg

Mermaid1962 11-05-2008 03:46 PM

Wonderful pictures, wonderful Queen. I would have been great to be at this occasion.:flowers:

Skydragon 11-05-2008 06:33 PM

Queen Elizabeth II questioned why experts had failed to see the world financial crisis looming Wednesday, describing the situation as "awful".

Queen Elizabeth II wonders why no one spotted credit crunch - Yahoo! News UK

Russophile 11-05-2008 08:54 PM

Sounds like another everybody, somebody, anybody and nobody story. . .:whistling:

BMC 11-05-2008 09:01 PM

LOL Not that I blame HRH, I once took a class in economics myself & had a tough time staying awake during the lectures :lol:

MARG 11-06-2008 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon (Post 848553)
Queen Elizabeth II questioned why experts had failed to see the world financial crisis looming Wednesday, describing the situation as "awful".

Wow, for HM to make such a statement is in itself "awful". Good on her, just this once she dropped a clanger about fiscal irresponibility at a visit to The London School of Economics. So I guess you could say her comment was not political at all, merely topical. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I think the answer is that noone had the wit or wisdom to see that "the light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train"! (They may also have been mindful the unfortunate tendency in political circles, to kill the messenger!) :whistling:

iceflower 11-06-2008 12:49 PM

Pics 6.11.2008

Britian s Queen Elizabeth II receives (from left to right ;)) the High
Commissioner for Barbados Mr Hugh Arthur, the Ambassador of the
Republic of Moldova Natalia Solcan and the High Commissioner for
the Republic of Cyprus Mr Alexandros Zenon at Buckingham Palace
in London, November 6, 2008

Britain's Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, talks with Chelsea
Pensioners and war veterans following a ceremony at Westminster
Abbey in London November 6, 2008. The Duke attended the annual
event ahead of Remembrance Sunday on November 9, when those
who died fighting for Britain and its allies in conflict are remembered.

Elspeth 11-06-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 848619)
Wow, for HM to make such a statement is in itself "awful". Good on her, just this once she dropped a clanger about fiscal irresponibility at a visit to The London School of Economics. So I guess you could say her comment was not political at all, merely topical. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I think the answer is that noone had the wit or wisdom to see that "the light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train"! (They may also have been mindful the unfortunate tendency in political circles, to kill the messenger!) :whistling:

I don't really see a problem with it - it doesn't matter who got us into the crisis, it's still awful!

tan_berry 11-06-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

żWhat are you good for, anyway? ˇI loved it! :lol:

ada 11-07-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Well I'm glad the queen is asking questions. Nobody else important seems to be bothered to find out who is responsible.

Mermaid1962 11-07-2008 02:26 PM

Yes, she speaks for everybody when she asks questions like that. EVERYONE is affected by this in some way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ada (Post 849030)
Well I'm glad the queen is asking questions.

iceflower 11-07-2008 05:29 PM

Pics 7.11.2008

Queen Elizabeth II receives Sir Daniel Williams on the relinquishment
of his appointment as Governor General of Grenada accompanied by
his wife Lady Williams and Mr John Dauth High Commissioner for the
Commonwealth of Australia at Buckingham Palace, London, Nov 7, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

TheTruth 11-07-2008 06:12 PM

Perhaps anecdotic but it still shows that no one is spared in this crisis: Queen's potter Royal Worcester goes broke - Yahoo! News UK

wbenson 11-10-2008 07:16 PM

BBC NEWS | UK | Queen learns of childhood 'scrum'

An exuberant Australian rugby player tossed the Queen into the air when she was a child sparking "mild panic" among those watching, it has emerged.

The player apparently had a long lunch before a function where Princess Elizabeth, then just a toddler, encountered him and was sent flying.

ElisaR 11-11-2008 06:02 PM

Nice story. :flowers:

iceflower 11-12-2008 03:36 AM

Pics 11.11.2008

Prince Philip is pictured on the deck of the ship 'Queen Elizabeth 2' in Southampton,
on November 11, 2008. One of the world's most famous cruise ships, the Queen
Elizabeth 2, briefly ran aground Tuesday before arriving in its home port for the last
time, its owners said. The 70,000-ton vessel ran onto a sandbank as it approached
Southampton on England's south coast, where it was paying its final call before heading
to Dubai where it will become a floating hotel.

On pic 5 Prince Philip reacts to a blast from the ship's fog horn ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

iceflower 11-12-2008 10:46 AM

Pics 11.+12.11.2008

The Queen at an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle, Nov. 11, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visit the headquarters of The
Prince's Trust and are given a tour of the building. During the tour they
meet beneficiaries of the Trust, volunteers, staff and secondees, as well
as see displays and hear personal accounts of how the Trust has helped
individuals, London, Nov. 12, 2008

Duke of Marmalade 11-12-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 851828)
The Queen at an investiture ceremony at Windsor Castle, Nov. 11, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks for the pics iceflower. What a funny coincidence that HM gives the OBE to the famous rugby player Lawrence Dallaglio only one day after the "revelation" that she was once tossed into the air by another representative of the sport when she was just a toddler :lol:

Rugby hero receives OBE at Windsor - Yorkshire Post

giov 11-12-2008 12:42 PM

More pics from IBL
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visiting the headquarters of The Prince's Trust, Regents Park, London, Britain - 12 Nov 2008.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2q3407q.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2re6znp.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/258786g.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/5wju6c.jpg

milla Ca 11-12-2008 12:58 PM

Queen ´enormously proud´ of son
November 12

´As the Prince of Wales, our son, approaches his own 60th birthday, may I say that we are both enormously proud to have been reminded here today of his personal contribution to this remarkable organisation. (...)´

BBC NEWS | UK | Queen 'enormously proud' of son

carlota 11-12-2008 01:30 PM

i just found this video of the queen's visit to google - i hope it wasn't posted before.
YouTube - The Queen visits Google London

her majesty has the loveliest smile!

giov 11-13-2008 11:39 AM

HM The Queen accompanied by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh attends Imperial Knights Batchellor Centenary Service at St Pauls Cathedral in London, 11/13/2008.
http://i34.tinypic.com/24myibb.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/2ivbb40.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2duxjix.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/t7damb.jpg

http://www.iblbildarkiv.net/fotoweb/...6))&position=1

iceflower 11-14-2008 11:45 AM

Pics 14.11.2008

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip visit the Vodafone Campus in
Newbury, Berkshire, Britain - 14 Nov 2008 They viewed a display
of the history of mobile phone handsets .

Mermaid1962 11-14-2008 04:20 PM

Still "up and at 'em" after that gala party last night. What a pair!:wub:

ada 11-17-2008 02:33 AM

HM and HRH are an amzaing example to us all. Thankyou iceflower for the PICS

chaimae 11-17-2008 04:32 PM

Queen Elizabeth ll arrives at the Royal World Premiere of 'A Bunch of Amateurs' at the Odeon Leicester Square on November 17, 2008 in London.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/837...0A760B0D811297
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/837...0A760B0D811297

chaimae 11-17-2008 04:37 PM

More pictures :
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/837...0A760B0D811297
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/837...0A760B0D811297
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
axd=DetailPaging.Generic|1&axs=0|83724877%
the queen looks fabulouse in this new dress !

Mermaid1962 11-17-2008 04:48 PM

Well, we know that the title of the movie doesn't refer to these two!:smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaimae (Post 854666)
Queen Elizabeth ll arrives at the Royal World Premiere of 'A Bunch of Amateurs' at the Odeon Leicester Square on November 17, 2008 in London.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/837...0A760B0D811297
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/837...0A760B0D811297

Ella Kay 11-17-2008 06:56 PM

Love the dress! HM looks so glamorous!

Royal Fan 11-17-2008 07:42 PM

Shes always Glamorous, Very Pretty

ada 11-17-2008 08:52 PM

Thanks for the pics. HM looks wonderful, her hair is slightly different, love that style

rmay286 11-17-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 851703)
On pic 5 Prince Philip reacts to a blast from the ship's fog horn ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Ha! Oh man, that picture is hilarious. :lol:

giov 11-18-2008 05:57 AM

More pics from Zimbio
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip attend the premiere of 'A Bunch of Amateurs' at the Odeon cinema, Leicester Square on November 17, 2008 in London, England.
World Premiere: 'A Bunch Of Amateurs' - Arrivals - Pictures - Zimbio

Bruno Press

Bruno Press
Bruno Press

muriel 11-18-2008 08:01 AM

Lovely pictures. HM looked very glamorous, and regal!

georgiea 11-18-2008 08:19 AM

Queen Elizabeth II is quite amused at premiere.
The Press Association: Queen is 'quite amused' at premiere:smile:

Queen Elizabeth II fighting back on the bad ecomony.
The Royalist - Bad Economy Heralds 'The Good Life' For The Queen:smile:

ElisaR 11-18-2008 10:36 AM

She's really glamourous.

PrincessofEurope 11-18-2008 06:08 PM

Veteran pros have royal audience for 'Bunch Of Amateurs' premiere

Tilla 11-18-2008 06:23 PM

How charming all thes pictures are !! And how good-looking are Queen Elisabeth and her Husband, Prince Philipp !!:mellow:
The Queen's evening dress is lovely and her hairstyle seem to be a little bit changed, very flattering.:smile::lucky:

Russophile 11-18-2008 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgiea (Post 854900)
Queen Elizabeth II fighting back on the bad ecomony.
The Royalist - Bad Economy Heralds 'The Good Life' For The Queen:smile:

I would have thought that HM would have done this before. You get better quality when you grow your own. And she's got gardners there anyway. :rolleyes:

Royal Fan 11-18-2008 10:01 PM

Thursday she and her Husband will be married 61 Years

iceflower 11-19-2008 07:46 AM

Pics 18.11.2008

Britain s Queen Elizabeth II during a reception at Buckingham
Palace in London for people working in Healthcare in the Uk,
November 18, 2008

GillW 11-19-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russophile (Post 855284)
I would have thought that HM would have done this before. You get better quality when you grow your own. And she's got gardners there anyway. :rolleyes:

Indeed - the royal gardens at Balmoral are not just beautiful but productive too. I was there earlier this year, but I also visited several years ago and both times found there to be greenhouses and gardens full of beautiful vegetables & flowers, as well as orchards and soft fruit, so this is not new just "news" for journalists....

iceflower 11-19-2008 04:51 PM

Pics 19.11.2008

Queen Elizabeth II receives Kamela Palma on her appointment as the
High Commissioner for Belize (1), the Governor-General of St Lucia Dame
Pearlette Louisy (2) and the High Commissioner for Cameroon Mr Nkwelle
Ekaney (3) at Buckingham Palace London, November 19, 2008.

sweetpeaheidi 11-19-2008 05:17 PM

Help!

I was a guest at the palace last night for the reception for those working in healthcare. I met HM twice and I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic the experience was.
I can't find pictures anywhere of last night apart from the 3 iceflower has posted. How did you find them and are there more anywhere? I know that photographers were there from the press association. Grateful for any help you can offer
:eek: - me last night! lol

Royal Fan 11-19-2008 06:09 PM

lol It must have been something if I Met her id be freaked out Congratulations!

GillW 11-20-2008 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeaheidi (Post 855757)
I was a guest at the palace last night for the reception for those working in healthcare. I met HM twice and I cannot begin to tell you how fantastic the experience was.
I can't find pictures anywhere of last night apart from the 3 iceflower has posted. How did you find them and are there more anywhere? I know that photographers were there from the press association. Grateful for any help you can offer

Congratulations on your invitation, from a fellow healthcare worker - who wasn't invited :sad: - It must have been wonderful and I'm glad you had a great time. (OK, I work FOR the NHS, but not clinically ;))

iceflower 11-20-2008 06:21 AM

Quote:

Great to hear that you had the chance to meet the Queen :smile:

Here are three additional pics of the reception I was able to get:

muriel 11-20-2008 06:49 AM

Quote:

Do tell us more about your trip to the palace. What time was thevent? How many people? Dd everybody get to see HM? Were any other members of the BRF present? What was th caterig like? How long did you have at the palace?

sweetpeaheidi 11-20-2008 11:28 AM

Hi
thank you for the photos. Just a summary of my evening of which I am still reeling.
I received invite 5 weeks ago out of the blue, thickest white card I have ever seen!
Reception from 6-8pm, arrive between 5.15 and 5.50. So I arrived at 5.15, stoold outside palace (road closed off for event). Flag was flying which told me HM was home and then got really nervous. Entered through main gate, walked across quadrangle after ID checked to cnopy entrance then through main doors to reception hall. Turned left up stairs to throne room. WOW. Footmen everywhere with canapes (quails eggs, salmon) and drinks (water, apple, orange juice and champagne). Got name badge. Ladies in waiting there chatted to Annabel Whitehead who used to be Princess Margarets LIW she told me. She was genuinely lovely and said how all letters are answered if you write. I took some piccies on my phone of toilets! Not allowed but I had to. Then went back in saw Duke of Kent and Gloucesters. we had been told to hold onto yellow security passes with our names on. Then asked to move to the left of throne room, handed card to equerry who called out my name, I looked up and HM was standing there in blue outfit. I had no idea I would be presented and no time to be nervous. I walked over she shook my hand and said hello, I curtsied and said hello.She was smiling and looked me staright in the eyes as if expecting me to say something. I couldn't and scuttled off into music room, where equerry let me play piano YES REALLY. Hands were shaking. Then back into throne room and I stood chatting to Alan Farthing and Roger Vickers (royal surgeons) then equerry came over and said Her Majesty would like to join you. GULP. Over she came was introduced again and do you know what? She was lovely, funny and looked really interested. She asked what I did (nurse) and she said oh I have met another 2 nurses who work in your field tonight. Do you all know each other? I said no but Mr Vickers did look after me when I hurt my back in 1983 and she laughed. Then chatted to Mr Vickers and she was so relaxed, then wagged her finger at us and said don't get talking about work! I was shaking literally. More canapes, then met another royal lady - and to my shame have no idea who she was - she was wonderful, she said she knew Cicely Saunders and laid a stone at the first hospice in UK. Either Duchess of Gloucester or Princess Alexandra. I chatted to footmen and asked if they watch I'm a celeb as qualis eggs looked like bushtucker challenge, they laughed and said they did. Gorgeous lemon tarts and chocolates after, then off home. Left around 20:30. The most amazing night....

sweetpeaheidi 11-20-2008 11:31 AM

sorry around 300 people, and yes she met every single one of us. We were all nominated by strategic health authorities.HM appeared tiny but with most amazing sparkly eyes and genuine interest in us all.

iceflower 11-20-2008 11:49 AM

Pics 20.11.2008

You are welcome :flowers:

Britain's Queen Elizabeth receives Israel's President Shimon Peres at
Buckingham Palace, in central London November 20, 2008. During the
meeting the Queen presented him with the order of St Michael and
St George. The Queen also met Ruth Rouse on her appointment as
High Commissioner for Grenada (Pic 4)

GillW 11-20-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeaheidi (Post 856131)
sorry around 300 people, and yes she met every single one of us. We were all nominated by strategic health authorities.HM appeared tiny but with most amazing sparkly eyes and genuine interest in us all.

Thank you for all that lovely detail so that we can share your joy and excitement. I'm so thrilled for you. Your Trust must really appreciate & value your hard work to have nominated you, so congratulations again.

Mermaid1962 11-20-2008 01:43 PM

That's what amazes me about HM. She's so interested in the people she meets, as is the Duke. I saw her a couple of times, and her friendliness and enthusiasm for people really impressed me.:flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetpeaheidi (Post 856131)