The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 14: October 2008 - September 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/princess-letizia-current-events-part-14-october-2008-september-2009-a-18668.html)

Her_Majesty 10-13-2008 02:01 PM

Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 14: October 2008 - September 2009
 
Welcome to the new thread for the current events
of the Princes of Asturias

The previous thread can be found here.



Before posting please remember:

  • Be respectful of other poster's feelings and opinions. Although we may disagree, there is no need to be rude.
  • This thread is for current events only.
  • Only pictures that you have permission to post may be posted here. Otherwise please post links only.
Have Fun!

Guido 10-13-2008 06:08 PM

Letizia coincided with her ex-boyfriend, David Tejera
 
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...34&postcount=8

VIDEO


YouTube - Doña Letizia coincide con David Tejera

Winnie 10-13-2008 10:42 PM

Why in the world would the media want to embarrass that poor man David Tejera? Was that tape done for a rather low class "entertainment scandal show" like we have here in America, or was it on the actual proper news media? What was the point -- just to rub David's nose in the fact that she married Felipe? Silly reporting of base material. Feel sorry for Mr. Tejera.

Guido 10-14-2008 07:20 AM

Doa Letizia coincides with his ex

A visit to his former job has been the reason that Doa Letizia coincided with his former partner, David Tejera.
Visiblemente nervioso segundos antes de la visita, el que tambin fuera compaero de trabajo de la Princesa, abandonaba la redaccin evitando as el encuentro.

Visibly nervous seconds before the visit, which was also co-worker of the Princess, thus avoiding drafting left the meeting.

Doa Letizia coincide con su ex - Est pasando - Telecinco.es

Translated version of http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/detail/detail6974.shtml

http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo1.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo2.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo3.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo4.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo5.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo6.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo7.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo8.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/...1/photo9.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo10.shtml interesting photo
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo11.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo13.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo14.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo15.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo16.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo17.shtml
http://www.telecinco.es/estapasando/.../photo18.shtml

carlota 10-14-2008 08:04 AM

that must certainly have been quite a problem for letizia, david tejera and the protocol services. however, i'm glad they didn't cancel the visit just because of that. any other royal in the same position would have declined the request to not 'experience the unpleasant moment'. good for letizia to be brave and focus on her role as princess.

Ariel 10-14-2008 08:49 AM

Well...I personally dont think the royal family works that way, letting things to happen freely without taking steps to handle them in a proper way.

Letizia probably knew in advance that he was not going to be there. He probably was requested by his bosses to go away during the visit. No one would be pleased to let this meeting to happen for being unpleasent for all the parts (except the pink press).

Winnie 10-14-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel (Post 837225)
Well...I personally dont think the royal family works that way, letting things to happen freely without taking steps to handle them in a proper way.

Letizia probably knew in advance that he was not going to be there. He probably was requested by his bosses to go away during the visit. No one would be pleased to let this meeting to happen for being unpleasent for all the parts (except the pink press).

Just a question, how long did these two date -- 1 year; 2; 3? Or was he just the date for 3 months until another came along [more emotional]? For him to be called Letizia's "ex" indicates a very long serious affair -- I read somewhere that Felipe was the only really serious affection since her first marriage. If David was just her date for a few months the term ex seems to be used just to create a juicy story. Poor man, now it will hang over his head the rest of his life. Low class media.

Although, it didn't look like it bothered Felipe or Letizia, [guess they both have more class than the media]

Winnie 10-14-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 837204)
that must certainly have been quite a problem for letizia, david tejera and the protocol services. however, i'm glad they didn't cancel the visit just because of that. any other royal in the same position would have declined the request to not 'experience the unpleasant moment'. good for letizia to be brave and focus on her role as princess.

Why a problem? I don't understand. Is this poor man in love with Letizia -- I don't think so -- and if he is, get over it. Life goes on and it isn't as if they were ever engaged to be married -- just seeing each other. A big story of symbolism with little substance.

I give Letizia credit for ignoring the stories that she and Felipe knew would develop -- Felipe looked very relaxed and confident so he was not worried by this silly mud stirring.

giov 10-14-2008 11:44 AM

Come on, Winnie! I cannot believe you don't understand, unless you totally lack in sensitiveness, but I am sure you don't.
David dated Letizia, I can't remember for how long, but anyways I doubt that Letizia wasn't a bit embarrassed like any woman in the world when meeting an ex.
Felipe was going to meet his wife's ex boyfriend, and knowing the Latin men, I doubt he was so happy at the idea.
Both Felipe and Letizia were great, anyways.
To tell the truth I noticed and wrote that Letizia looked embarassed before knowing what was the reason why.

Winnie 10-14-2008 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giov (Post 837288)
Come on, Winnie! I cannot believe you don't understand, unless you totally lack in sensitiveness, but I am sure you don't.
David dated Letizia, I can't remember for how long, but anyways I doubt that Letizia wasn't a bit embarrassed like any woman in the world when meeting an ex.
Felipe was going to meet his wife's ex boyfriend, and knowing the Latin men, I doubt he was so happy at the idea.
Both Felipe and Letizia were great, anyways.
To tell the truth I noticed and wrote that Letizia looked embarassed before knowing what was the reason why.

I'm sorry I don't understand -- does that mean that one can never meet a person that you have dated while with your husband? If it was only casual dating, what is the big deal. Now if she was his mistress/live-in for 3+ years, yes, I could appreciate a twinge of embarrassment that she found some else. But I don't think that was the case here. How about women that had children by ex-husband introducing him to the new spouse -- embarrassed -- why -- unless there was a deep seeded problem. And my first husband was Italian so I know all about what you are saying re Latin men. I still think this nonsense was more media driven and I feel sorry for David. Letizia and Felipe came out fine, as they should as it really was over played.

donnaK 10-14-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 837361)
I still think this nonsense was more media driven and I feel sorry for David. Letizia and Felipe came out fine, as they should as it really was over played.

Completely agree with you. David is married to a CNN+ reporter with a child almost Leonor's age. If he was so uncomfortable, he would have taken the day off. I guess he was just uncomfortable with the cameras focusing on him. Again the yellow tabloids from Telecino was trying to make something out of nothing.

Little_star 10-14-2008 02:26 PM

It looks like a lot is being made out of Letizia running into a guy who she went out with 4/5 years ago. I dread to think what would be the reaction if he actually had the audacity to speak to her?!

giov 10-14-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 837361)
I'm sorry I don't understand -- does that mean that one can never meet a person that you have dated while with your husband?

No, Winnie, sorry but I obviously didn't mean that at all!

carlota 10-14-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giov (Post 837288)
Come on, Winnie! I cannot believe you don't understand, unless you totally lack in sensitiveness, but I am sure you don't.
David dated Letizia, I can't remember for how long, but anyways I doubt that Letizia wasn't a bit embarrassed like any woman in the world when meeting an ex.
Felipe was going to meet his wife's ex boyfriend, and knowing the Latin men, I doubt he was so happy at the idea.
Both Felipe and Letizia were great, anyways.
To tell the truth I noticed and wrote that Letizia looked embarassed before knowing what was the reason why.

yes, let's not pretend nothing was wrong. it's obviously unpleasant (for anyone!) to meet your ex-partner when with your new one. let alone with the prince and in an official event! they were however great in handling the situation.

Little_star 10-14-2008 03:28 PM

Plenty of people remain on good terms with their exes after they break-up, some actually end up having even stronger relationships.

LadyFinn 10-14-2008 03:33 PM

Hola!/LARGO RECORRIDO DE DOA LETIZIA COMO PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS
Obviously something about Letizias life as a princess?

Winnie 10-14-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 837414)
yes, let's not pretend nothing was wrong. it's obviously unpleasant (for anyone!) to meet your ex-partner when with your new one. let alone with the prince and in an official event! they were however great in handling the situation.

I didn't notice it being unpleasant for anyone except poor David -- doubt if anyone other than the gossip tramps give a hoot. To meet my ex- husband and ex-partner while with my new husband at a social event where everyone knows one's business, can't be a problem. It happens all the time, unless you move to another city. Its life.

It was just the fact that this poor man was hounded by camera tramps to make sure that they could make his day quite unpleasant. [plus I feel for his wife] He probably should have taken the day off work but didn't realize the media would stalk him with their camera for facial expressions.

I never realized that Spain had such trash media--thought it was all in America!

Mari_* 10-15-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn
Hola!/LARGO RECORRIDO DE DOA LETIZIA COMO PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS
Obviously something about Letizias life as a princess?

Yes on november 1st (date of the announce of their engagement) there will be 5 years since Letizia started to live in Palace.

Nice anecdote: it says that before getting out of an airplane she makes sure the prince has the knot of his tie properly done and passes her hand by his hair. Sweet!

madeleine victoria 10-15-2008 09:26 AM

[quote=Her_Majesty;836804]quote]

I love your avatar. When did Letizia use that headpiece? I have been to her thread but so far no pictures of Letizia wearing that green ornament in her hair. I would love to see a whole body pic since it was the first time I saw Letizia wearing a hair ornament as the SRF doesn't wear much.;)

Her_Majesty 10-15-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeleine victoria (Post 837768)
I love your avatar. When did Letizia use that headpiece? I have been to her thread but so far no pictures of Letizia wearing that green ornament in her hair. I would love to see a whole body pic since it was the first time I saw Letizia wearing a hair ornament as the SRF doesn't wear much.;)

I am sorry to disappoint you, but it is just a photoshop. The headpiece belongs to Mette-Marit. ;) :biggrin:
In this thread you'll find a few more Letizia-with-hat photoshops: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ats-10067.html


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises