The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of France (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f76/)
-   -   Prince Jean, Duke of Vendôme: engagement & pre-wedding info - Nov 2008 / May 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f76/prince-jean-duke-of-vend-me-engagement-and-pre-wedding-info-nov-2008-may-2009-a-18525.html)

vincent 09-26-2008 06:35 PM

Prince Jean, Duke of Vendôme: engagement & pre-wedding info - Nov 2008 / May 2009

prince jean of France, duke of Vendôme will soon get engaged with a young spanish aristocrat; They were seen together at the trianon openinf party in Versailles a few days ago

PrincessElena 09-26-2008 07:05 PM

What happy news! Congratulations to the prince, his fiancee and their families. By the way, is Prince Jean, Prince Jean Christophe by any chance? He is a very handsome young man...:wub:

sgl 09-26-2008 09:19 PM

Wonderful news! Congratulations to them. I hope that we will get to see photos (there is nothing better than a royal wedding!).

crisscross1 09-27-2008 01:22 AM

It will be great to see a French royal wedding, I don't think that I have ever seen one, from memory. I wish the couple lots of happiness.:flowers:

Marengo 09-27-2008 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessElena (Post 829129)
What happy news! Congratulations to the prince, his fiancee and their families. By the way, is Prince Jean, Prince Jean Christophe by any chance? He is a very handsome young man...:wub:

No, Prince Jean Christophe is a Bonaparte, of the former Imperial family of France while prince Jean, Duke of Vendome is an Orleans, a descendant from the last king of the French.

Stefan 09-27-2008 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisscross1 (Post 829186)
It will be great to see a French royal wedding, I don't think that I have ever seen one, from memory. I wish the couple lots of happiness.:flowers:

Only 3 months Jean's cousin Prince Charles-Philippe married Duchess Diana of Cadaval. But as the bride was from Portugal the Wedding took place there. And in 1999 Jean's brother Eudes married Marie-Liesse de Rohan-Chabot but the celebrations where scaled down because of the death of the late Comte de Paris (he died on the day of the cvil marriage).

rominet09 09-27-2008 09:34 AM

Let's hope it doesn't end like his engagement to Tatiana d'Oldenburg !

Benjamin 09-27-2008 02:14 PM

The new duchesse de Vendôme might be Philomena de Tornos.

That is to say, she is the lady who accompanied Jean to the Petit Trianon ;)

MonarquÃ*a Confidencial

Odette 09-30-2008 08:00 PM

I do not want to rain on anyone's parade but are we assuming they will marry because they showed up together at the Trianon??

marmi 10-01-2008 12:51 AM

That was what I was wondering Odette, glad you bet me to pointing it out though! (Lol)

Warren 10-01-2008 07:22 AM

:previous:
The news of the forthcoming engagement was posted by a member who has very high credibility.

rominet09 10-01-2008 07:55 AM

Pix of her are in current Point de Vue and she is extremely good looking

Odette 10-01-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 830993)
:previous:
The news of the forthcoming engagement was posted by a member who has very high credibility.

I am glad to hear that. He seems like a very charismatic well bred man and he deserves to be happy.

fearghas 10-03-2008 02:46 AM

could someone tell me about her ancestry please?

Next Star 10-08-2008 04:22 AM

This time I hope he does marry and haves happiness with her.

sjetajiem 11-29-2008 06:45 AM

The Count of Paris just announced officially the engagement of his son Jean, Duc de Vendome to Dona Philomena de Tornos y Steinhart.

Source: Philippe Delorme on Regalis Genealogia

rominet09 11-29-2008 09:21 AM

Well I am delighted : I hope Point de Vue will give us a good article about it, though nowadays they are more interested in people

ladybelline 11-29-2008 10:13 AM

Gotha.fr has the info :

Le gotha, le site officiel de Stéphane Bern - Royal News

"HRH Prince Henri d'Orléans, Comte de Paris and Duc de France, and the Duchess of Montpensier are delighted to announce the engagement of their son, HRH the Duc de Vendôme with Dona Philomena de Tornos y Steinhart. Paris, 28th November 2008."

Odette 11-29-2008 09:07 PM

Congratulations to the couple. I saw a picture of them at the auction at Christie's. She looks like a lovely lady. Good fortune to them!

sgl 11-30-2008 11:35 AM

Wonderful news! Congratulations to them! Have any announcements regarding wedding date and location been made yet?

maria-olivia 11-30-2008 11:57 AM

item 18 : =
Son Altesse Royale Monseigneur le Duc de Vendôme

magnik 11-30-2008 12:23 PM

All the best to them.

sgl 11-30-2008 12:55 PM

Will her title be Duchess de Vendome after the marriage? Will he take a new title?

MAfan 11-30-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 860732)
Will her title be Duchess de Vendome after the marriage? Will he take a new title?

I don't think...When his brother Eudes married Marie-Liesse, they maintein the title that he bore before the marriage...

Aubisse 11-30-2008 03:03 PM

She is no aristocrat, she is a commoner

ANNIE_S 12-01-2008 02:05 PM

JEAN DE ORLEANS ANUNCIA SU COMPROMISO CON FILOMENA DE TORNOS STEINHART
Congratulations to the couple!:flowers:

carlota 12-01-2008 03:30 PM

hola mentions that philomena was introduced in society at the gala during the reopening of the petit trianon in versaillles. the duke and duchess of anjou were also present. they mention that philomena was the only one who attracted "all attention" due to her elegance and distinction.

she is graddaughter of juan de tornos, aide for the count of barcelona in estoril and her mother's family is austrian. she also speaks 4 languages (french, english, spanish, german) to perfection. her family lives in vienna.

JEAN DE ORLEANS ANUNCIA SU COMPROMISO CON FILOMENA DE TORNOS STEINHART

Tilla 12-01-2008 05:51 PM

I am so happy about this engagement and looking forward to beautiful photos. Thank you in advance.

Stefanie 12-01-2008 06:19 PM

He´s already 43. How old is she?

amedea 12-07-2008 07:30 PM

I'm horryfied by this news.. she's not royal (first time for an orleanist pretender)! and it seems it will be a dinastic marriage! I think Jean had to learn from his cousins Wurttemberg and Savoy!

maria-olivia 12-09-2008 02:15 PM

Wedding of Jean Duc de Vendome

Refering to the French Bord , Noblesse et Royautés, the Wedding of Prince Jean will be on May 2sd at the Castle of Amboise.

carlota 12-09-2008 03:12 PM

some information and pictures on the wedding place!

Château d'Amboise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Château d'Amboise - Les châteaux de la Loire - visite, réception, animation

the stained glass windows at chapel de st hubert
the tomb of leonardo da vinci, who worked for the king at amboise
the castle
the castle 2
inside

vincent 12-09-2008 04:17 PM

sorry to contradict but it seems it is going to take place on the 9th of may and no place has been decided yet.

emmeleia 12-12-2008 09:55 AM

Are there any photos or news of the bride-to-be?

V.F.H.78 12-13-2008 06:09 AM

Very good choice if it's the castle of Amboise. I visited it few years ago and it's a very beautiful castle.
It's a very nice place for a royal wedding.

maria-olivia 12-13-2008 08:34 AM

The Castle of Amboise was the Orlean's until ??
Referring to the French Forum "Noblesse et Royautés " , when Prince Jean was first engaged , the wedding should have been at ND de Chartres and the Countess de Paris should have given a Ball at Amboise's Castle.
But Vincent , item 34 , said that the date of May the 2 nd for the wedding is not sure and the place also. So we have to wait..

rominet09 12-13-2008 07:56 PM

Point de Vue magazine has just devoted to the engagement a very small article with a little pic. Sign of the times... a few years ago they would have given the event a lot of pages.... that's why I don't buy it any longer

pamk 12-13-2008 09:12 PM

Can't believe that Point de Vue would not cover this impending marriage with bigger
article - guess there was just too much "breath-taking" news on the Sarkozy family that "deserved" big coverage!

maria-olivia 12-14-2008 07:43 AM

This week , the Point de Vue sold in Belgium has the whole front page with the wedding of Marie-Christine and Rodolphe..(no Sarko no Dathi)

V.F.H.78 12-14-2008 09:12 AM

Yes. Six pages for the wedding of Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria and Count Rodolphe of Limburg Stirum and a double page for the engagement of Jean the Duke of Vendôme and Philomena de Tornos.

Marengo 12-15-2008 05:58 PM

PdV has an an interview with the couple, they say that they want a private wedding with only friends and family.

vincent 12-19-2008 04:14 PM

Apparentlly, the wedding will take place in the chapelle saint louis in dreux, west of paris. It is the official ceremonial place for the french royal family. The chapel saint Louis is build on the top of the old fortress and it belongs now to the fondation Saint Louis established by prince Jean's grand father. date should be may the 9th.

amedea 12-20-2008 03:01 PM

where do the orleans live? have they still some castle?

rominet09 12-20-2008 08:16 PM

I suppose they want a relatively private ceremony because of the situation about the first and second wifes of his father

Stefan 12-21-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rominet09 (Post 870065)
I suppose they want a relatively private ceremony because of the situation about the first and second wifes of his father

I don't think that this is the reason. For his cancelled Wedding with Duchess Tatiana of Oldenburg it had been announced that it woul take place at Chartres Cathedral and the evening before a Ball given by the late Comtesse de Paris at Château d'Amboise.
And at the Wedding of his brother in 1999 his father, stepmother and mother attended all attended both the civil and religious Ceremonies.
It was only a problem at the Wedding of his sister Marie when neither the present and the late Comte de Paris attended the religious Wedding and it was hosted by Duke Carl of Württemberg at Friedrichshafen Castle.

maria-olivia 12-21-2008 04:34 PM

Concerning the wedding of Princess Marie , this wedding was supposed to be in the chapelle St Louis of Dreux. le Count of Paris payed her wedding dress.
At for a reason I forgot , the wedding took place at Friedrichshafen Castle, the place of ther Mother's Childhood. The Count of Paris did not assist at the wedding in Germany and his relationship with the Duchess of Montpensier changed.
I must say that I am very happy that the Duchess will have her real first place at the Wedding. She is the Duke of Vendome's mother.
She had two handicaped children François (who should have been the Dauphin) and Blanche before she got Jean and Eudes.
She is really a respectful Royal..

Renata4711 12-22-2008 04:32 PM

Yesterday, on the website "Les Manants du Roi" - http://www.lesmanantsduroi.com/artic...rticle1225.php
there is an interview with Prince Jean (text)...

and also a videoclip of him talking about his work and mission:
Prince Jean's Ready to Rule France, If the French Would Only Let Him - WSJ.com

Sorry, the link should have been:
Prêt à régner
I hope it works this time....

Princess Robijn 12-22-2008 04:43 PM

Renate4711: First of all, thank you so much for the link. Secondly, the reason the link in your post didn't work is because http:// is followed by a .

Josette

V.F.H.78 12-23-2008 10:41 AM

I don't know if someone posted it before but here is a link to the genealogic tree of Philomena de Tornos Steinhart :
MonarquÃ*a Confidencial

Marengo 12-23-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renata4711 (Post 870751)
Yesterday, on the website "Les Manants du Roi" - Prêt à régner
there is an interview with Prince Jean (text)...

and also a videoclip of him talking about his work and mission:
Prince Jean's Ready to Rule France, If the French Would Only Let Him - WSJ.com

Sorry, the link should have been:
Prêt à régner
I hope it works this time....

Ah, he says he likes peasants.... how very 'Allo Allo' of him :whistling: :rofl:

kimebear 12-23-2008 06:50 PM

Trying to avoid that guillotine this time. ;)

Moonmaiden23 12-23-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 871292)
Ah, he says he likes peasants.... how very 'Allo Allo' of him :whistling: :rofl:

"I love our peasants??!!" What?? LOLOLOLOL!! Thank God for all of us!!

Odette 12-23-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 871292)

I do not know if this was an honest to goodness interview or snipets of one. If he actually said what is written here, he cannot be too bright.
Wall Street Journal is a serious daily and I have a hard time thinking they tried to twist his words. Still......I wonder how out of touch he is.

Moonmaiden23 12-24-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 871353)
I do not know if this was an honest to goodness interview or snipets of one. If he actually said what is written here, he cannot be too bright.
Wall Street Journal is a serious daily and I have a hard time thinking they tried to twist his words. Still......I wonder how out of touch he is.

Odette, the entire interview was posted and HRH's exact comment was "...I love our wine, and I love our peasants".

I was more amused than offended when I read it, in fact I couldn't stop laughing all the way home from work LOL! It's such an ANCIEN REGIME comment it defies belief!

And yes you are correct..he is either wildly out of touch or really stupid or both. With members like that, the Orleans chances of regaining the French throne are slim to none!

amedea 01-21-2009 10:02 AM

I can't stop thinking how much Tatiana of Oldenburg would have been a better duchess of Vendome.. anyone on the forums thinks that too?

Carminha Stalker 01-21-2009 10:49 AM

I agree with you, rominet09, Point de Vue used to be one of the best royalty magazines,now its turned into a jumble of articles and interests. I liked the old magazine better. I hardly ever buy it nowadays.

V.F.H.78 01-21-2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amedea (Post 882633)
I can't stop thinking how much Tatiana of Oldenburg would have been a better duchess of Vendome.. anyone on the forums thinks that too?

I think that you are right.
BTW, do you have a good pic of Tatiana of Oldenburg?

amedea 01-22-2009 06:53 AM

here she is, at countess Antonia zu Toerring-Jettenbach wedding in August 2008
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c.../adel08247.jpg

Marengo 01-22-2009 07:00 AM

Thank you amadea, I have never seen a picture of Tatiana after the engagement was broken off. I have no idea what the background is of Philomena de Tornos Steinhart or of Duchess Tatiana (in the sense of education) but it seems clear that the Orleans family found it more important that the bride would be catholic than that she would be royal. A combination of the two would have been even better I suppose....

maria-olivia 01-22-2009 05:46 PM

On the French board "Noblesse et Royautés", the Wedding of Jean Duc de Vendome will take place on the 2nd of May at the Cathedral of Senlis followed by a Reception at Chantilly's Castle.
Why this changements of date and place ???

pamk 01-22-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin (Post 871344)
"I love our peasants??!!" What?? LOLOLOLOL!! Thank God for all of us!!

He really said that? In this day and age?
Then, Vive la Republique!

rominet09 01-22-2009 07:20 PM

Lol ! Wonderful ! It makes my day !

maria-olivia 01-26-2009 12:11 PM

On the French Forum "Noblesse et Royautés" they published to-day a great picture of the Duchess de Montpensier , born Duchess Marie Thérèse of Wurtenberg , with her son Jean and his Fiancée.
The date of the Wedding still remains on May the 2th at the Cathedral of Senlis and the Party will take place at Chantilly's Castle.
Why they change Churches and Castles , I don't know. It seems not be easy .
In this Forum they also sais that the Fiancée received 3 rings, one belonging to the late Comtesse de Paris, one present of Jean which was not ready for the engagement and one from her Father.

I saw also the same picture to-day on Stephane Berne's Forum and the date of the 2nd of May for the Wedding.

V.F.H.78 01-26-2009 01:44 PM

Thank you for the link maria-olivia.
It will be a beautiful wedding, no doubt about it.
Chantilly is a very nice castle. Good choice and symbolic place for the Orléans ; Henri, duke d'Aumale, ancestor of Jean duke de Vendôme, lived in.

rominet09 01-26-2009 08:13 PM

Nice photo on the site thank you... I love the Duchess de Montpensier's dignity

Warren 01-27-2009 01:24 AM

I have merged the new "wedding thread" into this thread.
The real Wedding thread will be located in the Royal Weddings Forum and won't be opened until much closer to the event (which is over three months away).

Marengo 01-28-2009 04:42 AM

Hein Bruins has done some genealogical research after the Steinhart family (maternal family of the future Duchess of Vendome) and has placed the information on his website.

Click here for the list of descendants of Franz Edler von Steinhart and Maria Martin.

vincent 01-28-2009 03:46 PM

Definitely Senlis and Chantilly for the second of may. Senlis is one the most charming and ancient city of France; There is a whole medieval town and some ruins of the castle where the first capetian kings used to live. Before year 1000 it was one of the main city of the small domains of the capetiens kings; So it is definitely a come back to the origin of the dynasty. Chantilly speaks for itself, the place is amazingly beautiful.
About the ring, the bride to be has not received her engagment ring yet, allthough she did receive a pearl and diamond ring from her father; There was also another ring given to her by a member of the family as a gift, it comes from the orléans family but it has nothing to do with the late comtesse de Paris. Her own engagement ring now belongs to one of her daughters. And the other ones she used to wear, mainly emeralds, belong to her other daughters.
Apparently, most of the royal families of Europe, spain, portugal, italy, greece, romania, yougoslvia, bulgaria, austria, belgium, luxembourg, Monaco, Liechtenstein... will be invited. As well as all the members of the very extensive Orléans family. So it seems it is going to be a very grand wedding after all.

maria-olivia 01-28-2009 04:00 PM

I am happy to know that the late Comtesse de Paris engagement ring belongs to one of her daughters.. so it remains in the family.

V.F.H.78 01-29-2009 10:32 AM

Will Luis Alfonso de Bourbon and his wife Maria Margarita be invited to the wedding?

Marengo 01-29-2009 10:39 AM

Thank you for the information vincent!

A picture of Chantilly: click here.
Aerial view of Senlis: click here.

I am glad to see that the wedding will be a high profile one after all, something to look forward to! I wonder if the Orleans family can show some unity on thios occassion or that half of the family stays away again.

Apart from the rings do you know what tiara's this branch of the family still has abvailable? The Coty tiara and the tiara of the monarchic associasion?

maria-olivia 01-29-2009 01:05 PM

Marie-Thérèse may have a Wurtemberg tiara ?? I don't know if she has still one because Marie d' Orléans her daughter wore on her wedding a tiara lent from her aunt Sophie of Wurtenberg.
Was this because the wedding did not take place at Dreux as wished by the Count de Paris?

pamk 01-29-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.F.H.78 (Post 885962)
Will Luis Alfonso de Bourbon and his wife Maria Margarita be invited to the wedding?

Are you kidding?

Stefan 01-29-2009 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 885964)
Thank you for the information vincent!

A picture of Chantilly: click here.
Aerial view of Senlis: click here.

I am glad to see that the wedding will be a high profile one after all, something to look forward to! I wonder if the Orleans family can show some unity on thios occassion or that half of the family stays away again.

Apart from the rings do you know what tiara's this branch of the family still has abvailable? The Coty tiara and the tiara of the monarchic associasion?

A few eeeks ago there was a discussion about the Orléans Jewels on the Royal Jewels MB but it is already gone. According to it the Duchess of Montpensier owns a tiara she was given for her Wedding and the Comte de Paris owns a diamond comb tiara. All the other pieces which belonged to the late Comtesse de Paris are no owned by her other daughters or sons.

I hope that at this Wedding more Family members will turn up then at the Wedding of Charles-Philippe and Diane in Summer where nobody from the Württembergs attended and also a few others of his aunts or their descendants.

vincent 01-29-2009 03:42 PM

The main problem around all these questions, Marengo, is that one tries to give exact informations all the time. Then, there are things that one knows for sure, but which are private matters, therefore one can't really get into details.
So let's be simple, all i can say is that the two tiaras you are refering to are still in the family and that i am sure the future duchesse de vendôme will wear one on her wedding day, but it may be a surprise. I won't say more untill the wedding. I can also say, because it is public and was published at the time of her own wedding , that the duchesse de Montpensier was given a Mellerio saphirs and diamonds necklace-tiara by the french monarchists. There might also be another surprise piece of jewelry. The only thing i can really say about the late comtesse de Paris's jewelry is what i saw : princesse Claude wearing her mother's diamond rivière, princesse Chantal wearing her huge diamond cross brooch and princess Helène wearing her pearl necklace (she also wore it at the hasbourg Limbourg Stirum wedding)
Talking about the dress, i am absolutely sure it will be gorgeous, but it will remain a secret untill the wedding day.
Talking about the invitations, i know that all members of the extended orléans family will be invited and, this is purely a guess, i don't see the wurtemberg family not coming to THAT wedding. After all prince Jean is the heir, his mother is a wurtemberg princess, and furthermore he is the duke of wurtemberg's godson.
Talking about Luis Alfonso beeing invited, all i know is that all members of the bourbon family, Spain, Parma and Luxembourg and Naples, will be invited.
There might also be a big surprise coming from Maroc as prince Jean knows the king personnaly and the two families have known each other for three generations and more, don't forget one king of Maroc asked to marry one of Louis the 14th daughters.
Sorry to sound so secret, but i can only say what i am allowed to say, after all this is their wedding and the surprise will be greater on the wedding day.

vincent 01-29-2009 04:00 PM

Sorry Maria Olivia i forgot to answer your question; I think that the changes in places were mainly dictated by the fact that amboise, allthough it is beautiful, is really a bit fahr from Paris and an airport , not very convenient for guest to arrive in time on the wedding day. Talking about Dreux,it is beautiful but really small for a wedding. On a more personnal level i think prince Jean likes Chantilly very much. And both places are about 15 kilometers from Paris charle de Gaulle airport. Important guest on the wedding day will be able to fly very easily. I guess these are the only reasons.

maria-olivia 01-29-2009 05:14 PM

Thanks a lot Vincent for your explanation, now I undertand.
May I ask you which tiara Marie Therese , then Comtesse de Clermont,was wearing on the family picture taken at the pre-wedding party of Karl of W and Diane d' O ?
This family picture is important because the late Prince François was still alive..
The whole Orléans story would have changed if he did not die in Algerie..

vincent 01-29-2009 05:46 PM

She is wearing the saphirs, pearls and diamond tiara which was part of the secoond parure of queen marie amélie sold in geneva in 199 something; By the way i don't think i ever complimented you on the box you bought at bthe auction; Well done;
I hope i am not making a mistake and you are the same maria olivia

maria-olivia 01-30-2009 07:52 AM

Yes , that's me.
in november I went to Christies/Paris to put my royal box representing the new born Duc de Bordeaux (1820) .On the box it is written "Henri, prie pour la France "
He was the very last Bourbon and this was sold on the Orleans auction !

I was very surprised I had the item because it was sold 1.250 euros. In the catalogue there was a picture mistake for the 3 boxes.. I noticed that when Christies gave me the certificate , the picture was right but not its description. I imagine that due to this the buyer cancelled his item and I was the best after him and did not pay so much. When I received this unexpected letter from Christies I was so happy. Afterwards I sent them a fax and in their answer they ended : respectueusement !

Marengo 01-30-2009 08:13 AM

Thank you for your replies vincent! I would not consider secretive but discreet, still the parts of information that you do give are interesting to know. It seems we have a mystery tiara to look forward to, which is usually the best. Do you know if they will have pre-wedding festivities that will be in full gala (tiara's and such) as at several Wurttemberg weddings?

About the Luis Alfonso and Maria Margarita of Borbon, I think prince Jean, his fiancee and the couple were recently pictured together at Versailles, so the relations must be cordial enoguh. Still if the othe duke and duchess of Anjou receive an invitation it might lead to an embarrasing situation.

I hope the duke of Parma will be well enough to attend btw.

V.F.H.78 01-30-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 886421)
About the Luis Alfonso and Maria Margarita of Borbon, I think prince Jean, his fiancee and the couple were recently pictured together at Versailles, so the relations must be cordial enoguh. Still if the othe duke and duchess of Anjou receive an invitation it might lead to an embarrasing situation.

Sure! But there is only one true duke d'Anjou and it's Luis Alfonso de Bourbon, not Charles-Philippe d'Orléans. The count de Paris gave him this title but he had no right to do that.

pamk 01-30-2009 02:49 PM

Oh my ---
I have always thought that since the split between the old Comte de Paris and his wife in the 1990's that the family (grown children) was also divided.
At family weddings, there would usually be the old Comtesse and not the Comte and vice-versa. Also, this seemed to pertain to the children.
This is a shame. I think that maybe there was a reunion of sorts at the memorial Mass in Paris for the old Comtesse.
It will be interesting to see just who shows up for this wedding.

vincent 01-30-2009 03:38 PM

To tell you the truth at some point we were (christie's people and me as i was a consultant on that auction) a bit lost considering all the aspects of that collection; We had to try to organise the catalogue and there were so many small items we had to make lots. Apparently we made a mistake on one of them and you benefited from it, that is nice( i don't know the exact story).
Appart from all that has been said on this board concerning that auction (Why ? It is sad... and so on...), i must say that it remains a very happy memory for me as i was lucky to spend three months with these objects and then the all mood of the event was really nice, polite and friendly. Not to mention my own personal acquisition.
You can say all you want about the orléans family, but i must admit that all of them are interesting and very well educated people.

vincent 01-30-2009 03:41 PM

sorry, i forgot to say that the last post was an answer to maria olivia's question; As for your question Marengo, i do not think there will be any official gala before the actual wedding. Or if there is, it will be private.

V.F.H.78 03-04-2009 04:13 PM

Jean de France and his fiancée at the bal of the Order of Malta in Madrid :
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=9309

... and here is the stamp in the arms of the prince Jean and his fiancée Philomena de Tornos who appears on the invitation card sent on the occasion of their wedding on May 2nd of this year in the cathedral of Senlis :
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=9214

V.F.H.78 03-09-2009 06:15 AM

Here is another article about the wedding in the newspaper Le Courrier picard : Le Courrier picard - Mariage royal en la cathédrale - Info régionale - Actualités - Votre actualité quotidienne locale, régionale et nationale - Information Picardie, Somme, Oise, Aisne

The journalist doesn't know much about the french royalty ; he says that Jean de France is the direct descendant of the duchess of Berry and king Charles X. It's totally wrong. He is the direct descendant of king Louis-Philippe yes, but absolutly not of king Charles X who has no descendants since Henri the count of Chambord. His descendance is extincted.
And he says that Philomena de Tornos' grandfather was Juan de Tornos ; FATHER of king of Spain Juan Carlos! Incredible!! Juan de Tornos was the responsible for the secretary's office of Juan de Borbon, count of Barcelona, in exile in Estoril at this time.

Stefan 03-09-2009 06:21 AM

But there are descendants in the female line of the Duke and Duchess of Berry. Their daughter Louise married Duke Carlo III. of Parma and they had children.

V.F.H.78 03-09-2009 07:10 AM

Oh sorry! You are right!
Jean de France's maternal grandmother the Archduchess Rosa of Austria, wife of Philipp Duke of Württemberg, was the daughter of Peter Ferdinand, Granduke of Toscana. Peter was the son of Ferdinand IV of Toscana and Alice of Bourbon Parma. Alice was the daughter of Charles III, Duke of Parma and Louise Marie de France. Louise Marie was the daughter of Ferdinand, Duke of Berry, son of king Charles X.
It's a bit complicated! lol

Stefan 03-09-2009 07:24 AM

Thanks. Only now after you say so i realize that Prince Jean is a descendant of Charles X. through his maternal grandmother. I wanted only to point out that there are descendants of Charles X.

maria-olivia 03-09-2009 11:05 AM

And a descendant also of Henri V , Duc de Bordeaux , Comte de Chambord..cqfd..

Stefan 03-09-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 905197)
And a descendant also of Henri V , Duc de Bordeaux , Comte de Chambord..cqfd..

No as Henri had no children. It's through his sister.

V.F.H.78 03-09-2009 01:33 PM

True. Nobody can pretend to be the descendant of Henri V, Count of Chambord.

maria-olivia 03-09-2009 06:37 PM

Indeed , you are right .. but it is interesting that Prince Jean through his grand-mother Wurtenberg he is a descendent of King Charles X ..

ladybelline 03-13-2009 07:31 AM

From Le Figaro newspaper:
The civil wedding of Prince Jean, Duke of Vendôme, and Miss Philomena de Tornos will take place on 19th March at 4 PM in Paris.
The French Minister of Justice Ms Rachida Dati will officiate.
Another source: http://fr.news.yahoo.com/51/20090313...n-0111c6b.html

V.F.H.78 03-13-2009 12:31 PM

Oh noOo!! Please not Rachida Dati! It's a shame!

maria-olivia 03-13-2009 02:48 PM

I read it also , that is sad.. I hope her bling bling will not stole de show.. That event will certainly be Point de Vue's first page.. sad sad

ladybelline 03-13-2009 02:52 PM

Trust me, I also jumped on my chair reading this...:ermm:

But even with a "bling-bling" mayor, there is still the religious wedding to look forward to!:biggrin:

V.F.H.78 03-13-2009 04:08 PM

That's exactly what I think.
The Justice Minister Rachida Dati is too "bling-bling" to be the ideal mayor for this event. She will try to be the star instead of Prince Jean and Philomena and, like said maria-olivia, try to be on the first page of all magazines.

vincent 03-17-2009 06:23 PM

Might interest you as it will public tomorrow, in pdv, the engagement ring is a pink saphire designed especially by alain Cartier, a descendant of the famous jewellers.

maria-olivia 03-17-2009 07:09 PM

Vincent , concerning the PdV of to-morrow, are you involved in the interview of the Fiancés ?? Thanks for the first page..
By the way , did you receive the traditional wedding annoncement ?