The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f203/)
-   -   How Princess Margriet's Sons Met Their Wives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f203/how-princess-margriets-sons-met-their-wives-18456.html)

Royal77 09-19-2008 12:18 PM

How Princess Margriet's Sons Met Their Wives

Hello,

Can someone tell me how Princess Margriet 's sons met their wifes?

Prince Maurits
Prince Bernhard
Prince Floris
and Prince Pieter - Christaan.

Thank you so much.

Marengo 09-19-2008 05:02 PM

Maurits and Marilene were a waiter and a waitress at Cafe Juliana (!) in Groningen during their student days.

I am not sure how Bernhard and Annette met but also during their student years (in Utrecht?)

Aimee and Floris also in one of these sororities, in Leiden, I believe Aimee once told the press that she/her friends always thought she would end up with some sort of latin Don Juan but it turned out somewhat differently. I believe Floris forgot to ask her phonenumber the first time and went through some troubles to get it.

sneeuwklokje 09-22-2008 03:26 AM

Bernhard and Annette studied in Groningen as well and met over there. PC and Anita met in London, where they were both working/doing an internship.

hrhcp 10-18-2008 02:54 AM

Groningen seems to be a favourite haunt (with two of these royals). How come?

lucien 10-18-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrhcp (Post 839132)
Groningen seems to be a favourite haunt (with two of these royals). How come?

Groningen university just was the boys choice for a University,that's all.

Maurits and Marilène were bartenders at "Soestdijk" a student hang-out/wateringhole/pub.Stillexists.Bernhardstudied economics,Annette psychology....and..oh well,you know how things go,one leads to the other,and that's how it went.

sgl 10-19-2008 05:04 PM

Maurits worked as a bartender? That is very interesting! Is he widely recognized, or is he able to blend in? Or do the people not make a big deal out of seeing a royal in an informal situation?

sneeuwklokje 10-20-2008 08:45 AM

Well, most of the time people over here don't make a big deal out of it. Only WA and Maxima are fulltime Royal, all the others do have jobs like you and me (well, probably a bit better).

sgl 10-20-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 840173)
Well, most of the time people over here don't make a big deal out of it. Only WA and Maxima are fulltime Royal, all the others do have jobs like you and me (well, probably a bit better).

Thanks Sneeuwklokje! They are probably able to live normal happy lives because the people don't make a big fuss. I would also imagine that their jobs are a lot better than mine.

ashelen 10-20-2008 01:40 PM

well, they must earn money enought to keep the royal aparences! i presume!

Maxie 10-20-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 840293)

I bet they also inherited some money that helps them doing that too. ;)
Btw, I think that someone like princess Annette looks quite normal, not as princessy as Marilène or Aimée.

Wasn't it with Floris and Aimée that Floris sent an e-mail to Aimée with an adress that he invented himself. Something like him thinking: 'she's called Aimée Söhngen, so maybe aimeesohngen@hotmail.com would do the trick.' I found that very cute. :wub:

sgl 10-20-2008 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxie (Post 840388)
I bet they also inherited some money that helps them doing that too. ;)
Btw, I think that someone like princess Annette looks quite normal, not as princessy as Marilène or Aimée.

Wasn't it with Floris and Aimée that Floris sent an e-mail to Aimée with an adress that he invented himself. Something like him thinking: 'she's called Aimée Söhngen, so maybe aimeesohngen@hotmail.com would do the trick.' I found that very cute. :wub:

Are you saying that Floris did this when he was trying to get to know Aimee better? This is so sweet!

sneeuwklokje 10-21-2008 10:02 AM

Indeed he did, it was mentioned during the civil ceremony of their marriage!!

sgl 10-21-2008 04:46 PM

Thank you for the answer, Sneeuwklokje! This is very romantic!

sneeuwklokje 10-22-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashelen (Post 840293)

If they have to turn up for a royal duty, they can declare the costs to HM's office, they can also use her cars etc. if they need to.

IloveCP 09-04-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 826051)
Maurits and Marilene were a waiter and a waitress at Cafe Juliana (!) in Groningen during their student days.

I am not sure how Bernhard and Annette met but also during their student years (in Utrecht?)

Aimee and Floris also in one of these sororities, in Leiden, I believe Aimee once told the press that she/her friends always thought she would end up with some sort of latin Don Juan but it turned out somewhat differently. I believe Floris forgot to ask her phonenumber the first time and went through some troubles to get it.

What Aimme said to her friends was so funny!