The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Which royal lady would you like to be and why ? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/which-royal-lady-would-you-like-to-be-and-why-18454.html)

iloveroyals 09-19-2008 11:05 AM

Which royal lady would you like to be and why ?

There may already a similar thread, in which case they can merge. The question is not so much which royal lady you admire the most, but which one you'd like to be "cloned" into, for lack of a better word. It can include queens, princesses, untitled royals, olders ones, younger ones.

For anyone familiar my posts, you know my favorites are Princess Caroline, Princess Mathilde, and Queen Rania. Although I'd like to be reincarnated into Princess Mathilde if I could, it is Queen Rania I'd like to be. She is the most "here and now" queen in the world, the most influential or with the potential to be the most influential, the bridge and link between the East and the West, the one who has the best opportunities to make a difference, especially in the lives of women. She is beautiful, intelligent, aware, energetic, fiercely committed, she knows her power and she has been using it. Historically, she might be the one who will be remembered as having made real, concrete changes in the lives of people and in how people think. Of course, I may be influenced by what I read, and a lot of it may just be PR, but some photographs don't lie: I think she is really a transforming force. So given a choice, I'd like to be a historical force in motion. (My second choice would be an artistic one, Princess Mathilde, whom I see as a walking Renaissance work of art.)

ZUBIAUR 09-19-2008 05:46 PM

I would like to be princess Grace of Monaco,because she had a perfect beauty and she had elegance ,glamour and good luck.She was a fairy tale princess ,she was very lucky.She was born rich,she worked as an actress and she played with Clark Gable,James Stewart,Stewart Granger and many others and with the director Hitchcock.She had a very short career but she won an Oscar,later she met a prince and married him.She had three sons ,she was healthy ,happy ,beautiful and she did the role of princess perfectly .She became an icon of elegance and glamour.The worst thing was her death ,so young.It is a pity...

amandamrgt 09-19-2008 05:56 PM

Much as I admire some of the royal ladies, I would never dream of being one of them. I'm to much full of my own life. Better try to make most of what you have. :smile:

Winnie 09-19-2008 07:57 PM

I don't believe that I would ever want the life of a Royal (except for the convenience in traveling) as their life is no longer their own and everything they do is under a microscope. My life at present is completely worry free, thank goodness, so I wouldn't trade.

MissSimone 09-19-2008 08:48 PM

Queen Rania! She is smart and very beautiful. A role model for girls worldwide.

Moonmaiden23 09-22-2008 01:06 PM

Currently it would be Charlotte Casiraghi. I don't know if she is considered Royal but she certainly is an aristo/noble and in my opinion she has it all...beauty, brains a great heritage. The only thing she seems to be lacking is good taste in men....

I'd switch places with the Infanta Cristina of Spain in a heartbeat as well...she has one of sexiest men on the planet as her husband and she has beautiful children.

Queen Rania is another one I admire...she is beautiful and brainy with a great wardrobe and a great family life.

In the past from my mother's generation I would be Queen Fabiola. What a life! An obscure Spanish princess is introduced to a handsome young King who falls in love with her and marries her...he was the first and only man she ever loved and it was the same for him. It was such a beautiful love story even if it did have the sadness of being unable to have children.

They had the kind of love story that usually only happens in fairy tales.

Al_bina 09-22-2008 01:36 PM

When I think of an out-and-out aristocract, Crown Princess Mathilde and Lady Gabriella Windsor come to my mind immediately.
Given my age, I would like "to be cloned" into Crown Princess Mathilde. She may be not as visible and influential as Queen Rania, but she is the perfect Princess indeed. She does not polarise royal watchers as Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Letizia do sometimes. Her demeanour is dignified. At the same time, Crown Princess Mathilde exudes warmth and serenity that contributes winning affections of Belgians. Her fashion sense is a intricate melange of conservative classical pieces and edgy touches. Crown Princess Mathilde is effortlessly elegant in leopard prints and avant-garde jewellery.

chaimae 09-22-2008 03:54 PM

I would like to be queen elizabeth , she is a brave and a smart queen !

Incas 09-22-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaimae (Post 827125)
I would like to be queen elizabeth , she is a brave and a smart queen !

Would that be QEI or QEII?

Moonmaiden23 09-22-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al_bina (Post 827071)
When I think of a out-and-out aristocract, Crown Princess Mathilde and Lady Gabriella Windsor come to my mind immediately.
Given my age, I would like "to be cloned" into Crown Princess Mathilde. She may be not as visible and influential as Queen Rania, but she is the perfect Princess indeed. She does not polarise royal watchers as Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Letizia do sometimes. Her demeanour is dignified. At the same time, Crown Princess Mathilde exudes warmth and serenity that contributes winning affections of Belgians. Her fashion sense is a intricate melange of conservative classical pieces and edgy touches. Crown Princess Mathilde is effortlessly elegant in leopard prints and avant-garde jewellery.

Yes, I forgot to add Princess Mathilde to my list....she is lovely, regal and serene and recognized by many to be THE quintessential Crown Princess.

Her children look like cherubs, her husband apparently worships her. What a great life!

sgl 09-22-2008 06:38 PM

I wouldn't mind being royal as long as I didn't have to deal with obtrusive paparazzi. I also wouldn't mind being a royal who wasn't a crown princess (there would be less pressure). I guess if I had to choose, I would pick Marie of Denmark. She seems to have the least amount of pressure placed upon her.

Incas 09-22-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 827223)
Marie of Denmark. She seems to have the least amount of pressure placed upon her.

She is fresh meat as far as the paparazzi are concerned. Just take a look at the thread abou her fashion. Too bad I can't find a smiley with claws.:rofl:

Odette 09-22-2008 07:08 PM

Oh my.......Can you imagine if I were royalty and would come here and read about me???
Any way, I would have liked to be princess Masako. I'd embarass the whole household by running away as fast as I could, with my child and prince in tow........

Russophile 09-22-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR (Post 826072)
She had three sons ,.

She had 3 children, 1 was a son. . .

I don't know whom I'd be, maybe Princess Margaret but do it differently. . . :rolleyes:

Incas 09-22-2008 07:53 PM

Princess Margaret had a life, and wouldn't be Princes Margaret otherwise.:lol: She was a bada$$.

Russophile 09-22-2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incas (Post 827294)
Princess Margaret had a life, and wouldn't be Princes Margaret otherwise.:lol: She was a bada$$.

Yeah, I guess you could say that. . . .:rolleyes:

yolandenanji 09-22-2008 10:40 PM

I would like to be one of the Bulgarian princesses. They have money, they attend the best parties, wear fabulous clothes and don't have to deal with paparrazi.

Yolande

Little_star 09-23-2008 05:34 AM

I don't think I would want to be a royal because of the reasons stated above, the public expectation, protocol and lack of privacy would be something I would find difficult to live with.

If I had to choose though out of the current royal ladies, Queen Elizabeth II or Queen Rania. QEII has been a wonderful queen who has served her people well. She's lived through so much, the rise and fall of empires, political upheaval and social change. It would be incredible to be able to experience the huge changes that she has.

I think Queen Rania would be my other choice because like iloveroyals said she's a "here and now" queen. Sometimes Europen princesses and queens are perceived as simply women who cut ribbons and smile sweetly without having any real input. However, when you look at her agenda it's clear that she stands for some very important issues and is working to deal with them. Plus as a muslim woman I'm proud to see somebody who not only represents my own views but is helping to breakdown some misconceptions about muslim women at this difficult time.

chaimae 09-23-2008 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incas (Post 827203)
Would that be QEI or QEII?

sure queen elizabeth II:flowers:

Mademoiselle Lilo 09-24-2008 10:23 AM

what about royal male;)
personnaly if i have to choose i will choose Mohamed VI of Morocco, he is very high educated very smart and have great vision to improve his country i like his engagement for his country and ppl here,he is everywhere and all moroccan cities to him is the capitale of Morocco not only Rabat he can be in different cities the same day visitin projects or inaugrate others,you will never know when you can meet him it can be in street or in very popular neighborhood.....he transform Morocco to a big site to realize majore projects....everything move everything change,and the most i admire is his combat for women with alot of Law change for her(Family Code law of law of nationality,law of work...)he said that first stape to improve the society start with family especially women..it's not strange if we know that the most important/beautiful moment to him are those he spend with his wife and kids.