The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   Royal Vacations Photos (informal poll) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/royal-vacations-photos-informal-poll-18331.html)

dazzling 09-09-2008 08:56 AM

Royal Vacations Photos (informal poll)

Welcome to the August informal poll
Royal Vacations Photos
(Covering the period of August 2007 - August 2008)

These are pictures that have not been seen in past polls.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members. Some individual members also gave their time and effort to choose picture from the non-reigning houses.

Belgium: - Marengo, stephanievl, Johann

Britain: TheTruth - jcbcode99

Brunei/Dubai/Malaysia: Humera - Warren

Denmark: GlitteringTiaras - Jessrulz, Princess Robijn

Japan: Dragonsfire8, Al_bina

Jordan: Humera - Little_star, salma

Luxembourg: Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco: Iceflower - radker18,

Morocco: Humera – Warren

Norway: Her_Majesty - Kikkib, Rhapsody Brat

Spain: Paty, Cecile76

Sweden: Iceflower, HRH Kerry

The Netherlands: The Watcher, Marengo, Lucien

German Princely Families: GlitteringTiaras,

Liechtenstein: HRH Kerry

The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on October 3, 2008. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun!:biggrin:

Empress, Mandy & Dazzling

dazzling 09-09-2008 09:15 AM

A.) Sweden

Picture Link
Source: bunte.de

"A romantic boat trip" - Princess Madeleine and Prince Carl Philip of Sweden with their companions Jonas Bergström and Emma Pernald pictured near Saint Tropez, France, June 23, 2008. They've spent their summer holidays with their parents Queen Silvia and King Carl-Gustaf.

B.) Monaco

Picture Link
Source: hola.com

"Summer fun at the Beach Club" - Princess Alexandra of Hanover, daughter of Princess Caroline of Hanover
and Monaco, on a springboard at the Beach Club of Monaco, June 29, 2008.

C.) Spain

Picture Link
Source: Hola.com

August 2007 Photoshoot of the Spanish Royal Family. This is a traditional photo as it´s mark the start of the summer in Spain. And this is also a special picture of the Royal Family because, we problably don´t see it anymore as Infanta Elena and Duke Jaime are now separate.

D.) Norway

Picture Link
Source: Scanpix

In connection with their 40-year wedding anniversary, Norway's King Harald and Queen Sonja together with Crown Princess Mette-Marit , Marius Borg Hoiby and Crown Prince Haakon in the old town of Split, Croatia Thursday August 28, 2008.

E.) Luxembourg

Picture Link
Source: Cour Grand-Ducale

The Grand Ducal Family pose in an official photo released during their summer holidays in August 2007.

F.) Jordan

Picture Link
Source: zimbio

Queen Rania and her son Prince Hussein hang out in Saint Tropez on August 14, 2008.

G.) Britian

Picture Link
Source: GettyImages

Camilla is joined by 12 specially invited children from Helen and Douglas House Hospice in Oxford to decorate the Christmas tree in the library of Clarence House on December 18, 2007.

H.) Japan

Picture Link
Source: AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi

Japan's Crown Prince Naruhito, left, Crown Princess Masako, right, and Princess Aiko wave to well-wishers upon their arrival at Nasushiobara station, Nasushiobara, north of Tokyo, Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2008. The royal family will have summer holidays at an imperial villa in the highland retreat.

I.) Belgium

Picture Link
Source: isopix

Belgium's Crownprince Philippe and Princess Mathilde and their children Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eleonore enjoy a visit to the Antwerp Zoo on the first day of their summer holidays, Monday 30 June 2008.

J.) The Netherlands

Picture Link
Source: ANP

11 July 2008, Wassenaar, the prince of Orange, princess Maxima and their daughters are posing during the annual summer photosession at the tea pavillion of the Horsten estate in Wassenaar.

amandamrgt 09-13-2008 05:36 AM

Wow, this was really hard choice! All pictures submitted were amazing but there were 3 that were very special for me. Like in case of the formal poll, I wish we had more choices. In the end, I just ended up selected randomely one of 3 of my favourites.

dalia 09-13-2008 10:18 AM

The pictures were great..I found it very hard to pick one and vote for. If only we had 3 choices to make (A then B and C). Thanks for all the efforts you are making. I really enjoyed the pictures.:flowers:

sgl 09-13-2008 11:02 AM

Excellent choices! It was very hard to make a decision.

princess leonor 09-14-2008 09:59 AM

Where's Denmark's picture? Lovely pictures all of them!

Empress 09-14-2008 10:01 AM

Denmarks team did not submit a photo for this poll unfortunately.

Her_Majesty 10-04-2008 01:00 PM

The Poll is closed.

Here are winners:

1. :dutchflag:The Netherlands
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...0617013zd8.jpg

2. :swedenflag:Sweden
http://i38.tinypic.com/27xnxbr.jpg

3.:norwayflag: Norway
http://i33.tinypic.com/2mnrjat.jpg

iceflower 10-06-2008 04:06 PM

Congratulations to the Netherlands' team - what a wonderful choice! :flowers:

And thanks to all who voted for the Swedish pic and made it win a great
second place! :smile::smile:

Marengo 10-06-2008 05:31 PM

Thanks to all who voted on the A-team & parents! And congrats to Sweden and Norway of course.

Yanne 07-10-2010 11:07 PM

Holland

I like to the Dutch Royal family. The Luxembourg one is quite nice; Maria Teresa does not look as ordinary/hickish as she usually looks.

Vanesa 07-11-2010 01:00 AM

I liked a lot those of the Netherlands, but also Norway's one was great. :flowers:

Vanesa.

Enigma 07-15-2010 06:22 PM

:previous:
but the poll closed in 2008! and the winners are declared...
anyway, thanks for the nice pictures, they were excellent:flowers:and a late congratulations for the winners.

LouisXVI 08-09-2010 06:02 PM

I voted for D cause the oldies looked like they were having a blast!

angelina22 09-08-2010 02:40 AM

All pictures are amazing......:flowers: