The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Bulgaria (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f259/)
-   -   Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f259/prince-kardam-seriously-injured-in-madrid-car-accident-august-2008-a-18135.html)

marlene 08-16-2008 12:14 PM

I just read in a reuters article that he is presently in a coma and has had surgery.Sometimes patients are placed in a chemically induced coma by the doctors for health reasons.They expect to know more in 3-5 days as they watch the regularity of his breathing and his other vital signs

HMTLove23 08-16-2008 12:30 PM

this is very eerie for Me. 16 years ago today I Lost my father following a car accident.

Meg 08-16-2008 12:39 PM

Queen Margarita and Princes Konstantin, Kiril and Kubrat visiting the hospital

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/200808...lpepunac_1.jpg

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008.../kardam1-a.jpg

Meg 08-16-2008 12:42 PM

Kardam de Bulgaria sigue estable dentro de la gravedad · ELPAÍS.com

LadyFinn 08-16-2008 02:18 PM

Sofia News Agency/Eldest Son of Bulgaria's Former King in Coma after Crashing in Madrid

Prince Kubrat of Bulgaria, brother of Bulgarian Crown Prince Kardam, speaks to journalists at the Doce de Octubre Hospital
ANP Beeldbank

samitude 08-16-2008 05:15 PM

On another message board they are saying that his condition is stable and he has only lost two fingers, not both of his hands. That is definitely something to be thankful for!

Menarue 08-16-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samitude (Post 812299)
On another message board they are saying that his condition is stable and he has only lost two fingers, not both of his hands. That is definitely something to be thankful for!

That is good to hear, it sounds as though he is going to pull through.
To lose both hands would be terrible, a few fingers is something minor in comparison let us hope that this is true.

LadyFinn 08-17-2008 05:37 AM

Focus Information Agency/Simeon Saxe-Coburg still in hospital where Prince Kardam is treated
News about Kardam will be given at noon.

lazuli 08-17-2008 11:17 AM

I heard about the accident yesterday on the evening news and i was quite shocked... Rumors are that he has his hands so seriously injuried that doctors may have to amputate them. What a terrible thing to happen ( to anyone ) to such a young man ( he's about 45 )with two young boys! My prayers are with that family, so ( apparently ) united, and specially with those parents, who must be suffering the unspeakable... :eek:

LadyFinn 08-17-2008 01:19 PM

Sofia News Agency/Bulgaria Prince Kardam Still in Critical Condition
Focus Information Agency/Prince Kardam is in shock ward

Infanta Elena visited Miriam Ungria at the hospital today.
Hola!/La infanta Elena visita a Miriam Ungria, que se recupera de un accidente de tráfico

Odette 08-17-2008 05:52 PM

Thanks for the update LadyFinn.
Elena looks so much like Q Sofia, as she gets older.

Carminha Stalker 08-17-2008 06:14 PM

I am very sorry to hear of Prince Kardam´s and his wife Miriam Ungria`s awful accident. My prayers that both will recover totally. God bless them.

Nitefeatherz 08-17-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlene (Post 812211)
I just read in a reuters article that he is presently in a coma and has had surgery.Sometimes patients are placed in a chemically induced coma by the doctors for health reasons.They expect to know more in 3-5 days as they watch the regularity of his breathing and his other vital signs

Yeah- sometimes if you have a head injury even movement can injure it even more. Then also you can be confused or disoriented because of the head injury and risk hurting yourself more- I know when I had a concussion I kept trying to get up despite wobbling and falling repeatedly- :whistling:- so did my grandfather when he had a head injury.

Additionally, I can only say from prior experience that I had a badly broken hand and they talked about amputation as a possibility even though it was relatively easy to fix surgically- they always at least talk about it to prepare the family for the worst in case something bad happens like the bone doesn't heal, etc. I'm not saying that's necessarily so with HRH since they don't mention what type of injury it is only that it's severe. (I'd like to be more of an optimist.) Hopefully this is the case where they are simply preparing for the worst rather than assuming everything will go perfectly.

We can do incredible things with medicine these days though. =D I'm wishing the best for them.

pinkie40 08-17-2008 09:05 PM

Prayers and thoughts for s speedy recovery of both the Prince and Princess. May their families and friends know many people care about their ordeal from all corners of the globe.

christinacg 08-17-2008 11:14 PM

Gosh this is so awful. I really hope they both recovery 100%.

geoff777 08-18-2008 07:57 AM

The latest medical update from the Gibraltar website.
www.the-rock-of-gibraltar.com/Spanish-News The Rock of Gibraltar: Prince Kardem Madrid Crash Medical Update 18th August 2008

LadyFinn 08-18-2008 03:07 PM

Hola!/Miriam Ungría recibe la visita de Kitin Muñoz y Kalina de Bulgaria
Princess Kalina and Kitin Muñoz visited Miriam Ungría today.

Efe via Yahoo!/Simeón de Bulgaria visita a su hijo Kardam en el hospital Doce de Octubre
King Simeon visited his son prince Kardam today. He thanked outside the hospital the press and the people being interested in his son´s health. He didn´t want to comment the health status of his son.

Odette 08-19-2008 03:31 PM

Any updates? Today was supposed to be a crucial day for the prince's progress. Any news?

LadyFinn 08-19-2008 04:15 PM

Sofia News Agency/Kardam's Medical State Remains Unchanged
No changes in his condition.

Odette 08-19-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 813409)

Thank you. I saw the photo and cannot figure out how the accident in a residentail street could be that bad. Hopefully things will start improving soon.