The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Bulgaria (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f259/)
-   -   Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f259/prince-kardam-seriously-injured-in-madrid-car-accident-august-2008-a-18135.html)

LadyFinn 08-15-2008 12:53 PM

Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008

If I understand correctly, prince Kardam has been in a traffic accident.
El Mundo/Kardam de Bulgaria, muy grave tras sufrir un accidente en Madrid
He is in critical condition according to this article.

lis 08-15-2008 01:21 PM

What a sad news, I really hope they get well

LadyFinn 08-15-2008 01:28 PM

The news tell that Kardam is seriously injured, he has a severe skull traumatism and will probably need to have his hands amputated. His wife Miriam suffered an elbow fracture and several contusions. Her condition hasn't been released by the sources.
Informativos Telecinco/El príncipe Kardam de Bulgaria, en estado grave tras sufrir un accidente de tráfico

Reuters via Yahoo!/Bulgarian prince seriously injured in car crash

Paty 08-15-2008 01:59 PM

Oh what a terrible news.

Kardam and his wife were injured in a car crash near El Molar town in Madrid province today. Medical sources said Kardan is seriously injured, he has a severe skull traumatism and will probably need to have his hands amputated. Miriam suffered an elbow fracture and several contusions. Her condition hasn't been released by the sources.
EL PRÍNCIPE KARDAM DE BULGARIA Y SU ESPOSA, MIRIAM UNGRÍA, SUFREN UN GRAVE ACCIDENTE DE TRÁFICO

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/0...218815359.html

magnik 08-15-2008 02:10 PM

Oh, Dear God

tdarlene 08-15-2008 04:08 PM

I hope their royal highnesses to be well soon.

Nad25 08-15-2008 06:01 PM

I just seen the Hola.com front but sadly i cant read in Spanish though i thought something wasnt right,thats horrible news for the Prince and his wife,i hope they will get through this horrible accident!!!

rominet09 08-15-2008 08:39 PM

Terrible, the kind of accident you never really recover from

LadyFinn 08-16-2008 03:47 AM

Focus Information Agency/Prince Kardam and his wife were injured in a car crash
Spokesman of Saxe-Coburg Gotha family Galya Dicheva confirmed the information about the accident. She told that Prince Kardam has been seriously injured and he had a surgery operation last night.

Paty 08-16-2008 08:59 AM

Queen Margarita and his sons visiting today to Kardan inthe hospital-

Galerías de imágenes

Angelica 08-16-2008 09:11 AM

I just read it in the german ''Bild Zeitung''. It's awful! I don't know much about the Bulgarian Royal Family but what happened is very tragic!!!! I hope everything goes fine for Prince Kardam and his wife!

Warren 08-16-2008 09:19 AM

Another report - in English - from "The Rock of Gibraltar"...

www.the-rock-of-gibraltar.com/Spanish-News The Rock of Gibraltar: Prince Kardam of Bulgaria and his wife in Madrid Car Crash

Odette 08-16-2008 09:21 AM

Awful awful news. The accident of P Guillaume and P Sibylla comes to mind. Hopefully they both survive and get well.

Warren 08-16-2008 09:23 AM

Yes Odette, that was the first thing I thought of. Prince Guillaume was in a critical condition for some time, but pulled through.

Ilary 08-16-2008 10:01 AM

:ohmy:That's awful news, I wish him and his family al the best luck they need, being in a car crash is the worst thing a family coold have

acdc1 08-16-2008 10:19 AM

What horrible news! Hopefully, things will come out all right for him and his wife. My best wishes are to the family. Does he have any children?

GrandDuchess 08-16-2008 10:19 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with Kardam and his family, this is an awful time they are going through :sad: I also thought of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla and his accident some years ago, I remember so well when pics of him attending some event came just months after he was in hospital and one could never have guessed that it ever happened seeing him, looking so well. I do hope it will be the same with Kardam.

samitude 08-16-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 812177)
What horrible news! Hopefully, things will come out all right for him and his wife. My best wishes are to the family. Does he have any children?

Yes, they have two boys. Prince Boris will be eleven in October and Prince Beltran is nine.

HMTLove23 08-16-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samitude (Post 812178)
Yes, they have two boys. Prince Boris will be eleven in October and Prince Beltran is nine.

were the kids in the car with their parents when the accident happened.

bbb 08-16-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 812177)

one of the articles mentions 2 children. This is so tragic, i hope they have a full and successful recovery. i must say looking at the wreckage of the car it is a miracle anyone survived, their guardian:angel: angels did good work. my best wishes to their loved ones, the waiting is the hardest.:flowers:

marlene 08-16-2008 11:14 AM

I just read in a reuters article that he is presently in a coma and has had surgery.Sometimes patients are placed in a chemically induced coma by the doctors for health reasons.They expect to know more in 3-5 days as they watch the regularity of his breathing and his other vital signs

HMTLove23 08-16-2008 11:30 AM

this is very eerie for Me. 16 years ago today I Lost my father following a car accident.

Meg 08-16-2008 11:39 AM

Queen Margarita and Princes Konstantin, Kiril and Kubrat visiting the hospital

http://www.elpais.com/recorte/200808...lpepunac_1.jpg

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2008.../kardam1-a.jpg

Meg 08-16-2008 11:42 AM

Kardam de Bulgaria sigue estable dentro de la gravedad · ELPAÍS.com

LadyFinn 08-16-2008 01:18 PM

Sofia News Agency/Eldest Son of Bulgaria's Former King in Coma after Crashing in Madrid

Prince Kubrat of Bulgaria, brother of Bulgarian Crown Prince Kardam, speaks to journalists at the Doce de Octubre Hospital
ANP Beeldbank

samitude 08-16-2008 04:15 PM

On another message board they are saying that his condition is stable and he has only lost two fingers, not both of his hands. That is definitely something to be thankful for!

Menarue 08-16-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samitude (Post 812299)
On another message board they are saying that his condition is stable and he has only lost two fingers, not both of his hands. That is definitely something to be thankful for!

That is good to hear, it sounds as though he is going to pull through.
To lose both hands would be terrible, a few fingers is something minor in comparison let us hope that this is true.

LadyFinn 08-17-2008 04:37 AM

Focus Information Agency/Simeon Saxe-Coburg still in hospital where Prince Kardam is treated
News about Kardam will be given at noon.

lazuli 08-17-2008 10:17 AM

I heard about the accident yesterday on the evening news and i was quite shocked... Rumors are that he has his hands so seriously injuried that doctors may have to amputate them. What a terrible thing to happen ( to anyone ) to such a young man ( he's about 45 )with two young boys! My prayers are with that family, so ( apparently ) united, and specially with those parents, who must be suffering the unspeakable... :eek:

LadyFinn 08-17-2008 12:19 PM

Sofia News Agency/Bulgaria Prince Kardam Still in Critical Condition
Focus Information Agency/Prince Kardam is in shock ward

Infanta Elena visited Miriam Ungria at the hospital today.
Hola!/La infanta Elena visita a Miriam Ungria, que se recupera de un accidente de tráfico

Odette 08-17-2008 04:52 PM

Thanks for the update LadyFinn.
Elena looks so much like Q Sofia, as she gets older.

Carminha Stalker 08-17-2008 05:14 PM

I am very sorry to hear of Prince Kardam´s and his wife Miriam Ungria`s awful accident. My prayers that both will recover totally. God bless them.

Nitefeatherz 08-17-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlene (Post 812211)
I just read in a reuters article that he is presently in a coma and has had surgery.Sometimes patients are placed in a chemically induced coma by the doctors for health reasons.They expect to know more in 3-5 days as they watch the regularity of his breathing and his other vital signs

Yeah- sometimes if you have a head injury even movement can injure it even more. Then also you can be confused or disoriented because of the head injury and risk hurting yourself more- I know when I had a concussion I kept trying to get up despite wobbling and falling repeatedly- :whistling:- so did my grandfather when he had a head injury.

Additionally, I can only say from prior experience that I had a badly broken hand and they talked about amputation as a possibility even though it was relatively easy to fix surgically- they always at least talk about it to prepare the family for the worst in case something bad happens like the bone doesn't heal, etc. I'm not saying that's necessarily so with HRH since they don't mention what type of injury it is only that it's severe. (I'd like to be more of an optimist.) Hopefully this is the case where they are simply preparing for the worst rather than assuming everything will go perfectly.

We can do incredible things with medicine these days though. =D I'm wishing the best for them.

pinkie40 08-17-2008 08:05 PM

Prayers and thoughts for s speedy recovery of both the Prince and Princess. May their families and friends know many people care about their ordeal from all corners of the globe.

christinacg 08-17-2008 10:14 PM

Gosh this is so awful. I really hope they both recovery 100%.

geoff777 08-18-2008 06:57 AM

The latest medical update from the Gibraltar website.
www.the-rock-of-gibraltar.com/Spanish-News The Rock of Gibraltar: Prince Kardem Madrid Crash Medical Update 18th August 2008

LadyFinn 08-18-2008 02:07 PM

Hola!/Miriam Ungría recibe la visita de Kitin Muñoz y Kalina de Bulgaria
Princess Kalina and Kitin Muñoz visited Miriam Ungría today.

Efe via Yahoo!/Simeón de Bulgaria visita a su hijo Kardam en el hospital Doce de Octubre
King Simeon visited his son prince Kardam today. He thanked outside the hospital the press and the people being interested in his son´s health. He didn´t want to comment the health status of his son.

Odette 08-19-2008 02:31 PM

Any updates? Today was supposed to be a crucial day for the prince's progress. Any news?

LadyFinn 08-19-2008 03:15 PM

Sofia News Agency/Kardam's Medical State Remains Unchanged
No changes in his condition.

Odette 08-19-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 813409)

Thank you. I saw the photo and cannot figure out how the accident in a residentail street could be that bad. Hopefully things will start improving soon.

Paty 08-20-2008 04:22 AM

Gallery, Family visiting Kardam and Miriam.

No changes in his conditions for today.
http://www.ipapress.com/aspx/reporta...155&hdActBus=1

crisscross1 08-20-2008 06:09 AM

My oldest child was in a medically induced coma for four weeks. It is a very stressful time. I wish the Prince a full and speedy recovery as my son has had. :flowers:

LadyFinn 08-20-2008 12:06 PM

Sofia Echo/Kardam Saxe-Coburg still in coma, family worried
Novinite Sofia News Agency/Kardam's Accident Most Likely Caused by High Speed

Ilary 08-20-2008 01:11 PM

http://http://www.diezminutos.es/familia_real/infantas/infanta_elena_karmam_bulgaria

Infanta Elena is visiting Miriam in the Hospital

pamk 08-20-2008 01:53 PM

It is really disgusting that someone would steal the personal property of paramedics at the scene of an accident.
What is this world coming to?

Also, until I saw a photo of the crashed car, I had presumed that the accident had happened out in the countryside. I was very surprised to see and read that the accident happened in a town.

yolandenanji 08-20-2008 02:26 PM

to our Bulgarian Posters

How is the news covered in Bulgaria? Are Bulgarians saddened by the news or they just don't care.

Thanks

LadyFinn 08-20-2008 03:17 PM

Hola!/LA FAMILIA REAL DE BULGARIA, PREOCUPADA POR EL ESTADO DE SALUD DE KARDAM, QUE CONTINÚA INGRESADO EN LA UCI
Photos

yolandenanji 08-22-2008 09:18 AM

Prince Felipe visited Prince Kardam

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=96343

LadyFinn 08-22-2008 12:41 PM

Prince Felipe and princess Letizia visited prince Kardam after they visited some of the injured people pf the plane crash.
Novinite Sofia News Agency/Spain Prince Felipe Visits Injured in Madrid Plane Crash, Bulgaria's Kardam

Lindy 08-24-2008 08:24 AM

Why were Kardam and Miriam taken to different hospitals? I remember that the same thing happened when Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg were in a serious car accident in 2000. Is this common practice?

Odette 08-24-2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy (Post 815263)
Why were Kardam and Miriam taken to different hospitals? I remember that the same thing happened when Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg were in a serious car accident in 2000. Is this common practice?

Sometimes, depending on the injuries accident victims are being transported to the nearest hospital that can treat their injuries. Head trauma and broken legs may not be deemed of equal severity. If memory serves me correctly, Prince Guillaume also suferred head trauma, while P Sibylla had broken bones in her legs.
BTW Any news on their condition??

LadyFinn 08-25-2008 02:25 PM

No news, it begins to feel bad.

Odette 08-25-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 815693)
No news, it begins to feel bad.

I agree. It has been 10 days since the accident. One would think they would have some improvement to report. Is he still in a coma?
Do they have two little children? I hope all turns out well.

suztav 08-25-2008 04:06 PM

Actually, no news may be good news. Individuals who are in medically induced comas and those with head traumas (I think he probably sustained one) need a great deal or time. There are good days and bad days .. I have had personal family experience with this.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this time.

Odette 08-25-2008 04:09 PM

Suztav, sorry for your experience. Is it normal for someone to remain in a coma for 15 days whether it was induced or not?
I was under the impression that the longer the person remains in a coma the more damage it causes to the brain. I so hope I am wrong.

LadyFinn 08-26-2008 11:35 AM

Novinite Sofia News Agency/Bulgarians in Spain Pray for Prince Kardam
Focus Information Agency/Bulgarians in Spain pray for Prince Kardam
Many Bulgarians, who live in Spain have gathered for a public prayer. Simeon Saxe-Coburg and his family also took part in the service.

suztav 08-26-2008 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 815751)
Suztav, sorry for your experience. Is it normal for someone to remain in a coma for 15 days whether it was induced or not?
I was under the impression that the longer the person remains in a coma the more damage it causes to the brain. I so hope I am wrong.

From my experience, a medically induced coma is a "better" long-term situation than normal coma. However, we've all heard stories about people successfully coming out of comas after many months, even years.

We will pray that is the case w/Prince Kardam.

sesa 08-26-2008 01:37 PM

In the above post (#45) one of the articles said that there has been no new information on his condition due to a special request from the family.
So I guess that is why we have not heard anything.
Hopefully they made the request in hopes that the press would leave the family alone during this time.
But I also think that if he takes a turn for the worse, they do not want the media to get hold of the information ahead of time?

kalnel 08-27-2008 02:24 PM

I used to do communications consulting for a hospital that received a lot of celebrities, and there are several very good reasons to cut off ongoing updates in a situation like this:

Basic privacy. News that a public figure has been in an accident is generally considered "public" (although not always). But, details about their ongoing medical condition and treatment are a more private matter.

No news. There aren't really any changes and you want to discourage the media from obsessing over every little thing or jumping to incorrect conclusions

Second-guessing. You want to avoid having the media second-guess every decision the medical team or family makes, particular in life-or-death situations.

Dignity. If the patient makes a recovery, they may be very distressed to find out that every detail of their condition has been made public.

"What ifs." If the patient has a life-changing procedure or doesn't make a recovery, it can lead to accusations and speculation about "what could have been done." (Think about the endless discussion about whether they should have transported Diana to the hospital or treated her at the scene.)

Changes in guardianship. Sometimes the initial family members that appear at a person's side are not the ones that call the shots in the long run. Spouses' wishes trump the wishes of parents and siblings in most cases, for example.

Hospitals sometimes request it. Having media around is as much of a headache and pressure for most hospitals as it is for families. They disrupt other patients, staff, and visitors. They require the hospital to bring in additional security, which costs a lot. They create additional concerns about privacy and liability. And, they require a lot of staff time that can be better spent on treating patients and taking care of business.

Peace and quiet. If the media smells a big story somewhere, they probably won't go away regardless of the family's (or hospital's) wishes, but reinforcing the idea that the story "has died down" can help get them on to other things. (But it WILL calm down things on the Internet, since we don't have any medical details to hash over!)

So, I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the "no new reports" announcement. I don't have much medical knowledge, but I do know that it's a good sign whenever someone with a head trauma makes it few the first few days -- that's probably the best news to focus on.

kal

LadyFinn 08-27-2008 02:27 PM

The family of prince Kardam has decided, that they will not give any news, unless there is a significant improvement on the condition of prince Kardam and his wife Miriam.

crm2317 08-28-2008 07:46 AM

This is really sad my heart goes out to their young children. I hope he recovers soon

LadyFinn 08-28-2008 02:23 PM

Monarquía Confidential/Simeón de Bulgaria agradece a los inmigrantes las oraciones por su hijo Kardam, que sigue hospitalizado estable en La Paz
The king Simeon II and his family are grateful to their fellow immigrants in Spain of their support and participation in a religious service, held last Sunday in Madrid, for the recovery of his son Kardam.

lucien 08-29-2008 09:46 AM

Sadly,the condition of Prince Kardam is deteriorating and the Royal Family fears for his life.

Source,Royalblog.nl/

Marengo 08-29-2008 09:55 AM

As a soure royal blog mentions the Spanish newspapers. I didn't find anything in their online editions though. All very sad...!

ayvee 08-29-2008 09:58 AM

Is his wife still in the hospital too or has she been able to visit her husband? Is his condition really deteriorating or is it the case that there's been no improvement and therefore considered deteriorating? I hope the very best for Prince Kardam and his family.

-Ayvee

yolandenanji 08-29-2008 12:39 PM

All my prayers and thoughts are for Miriam's and Kardam's full recovery. I ordered Duty Above All (the English version from Simeon's press office). It's the story of his life. I'll post my comments on this Board once I read the book.

Thank you for the updates on Prince Kardam

lucien 08-30-2008 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 816792)
Sadly,the condition of Prince Kardam is deteriorating and the Royal Family fears for his life.

LA FAMILIA REAL DE BULGARIA, PREOCUPADA POR EL ESTADO DE SALUD DE KARDAM, QUE CONTINÚA INGRESADO EN LA UCI

Carminha Stalker 08-30-2008 07:55 AM

My hopes and prayers for the recovery of Prince Kardam.

ChantalC 08-30-2008 07:56 PM

I heard about the sad news of Prince Kardam and his wife, Princess Miriam's car accident on the other royal website. I hope and pray for their recovery soon. Will they be okay? :sad:

Meg 09-02-2008 11:41 AM

Portal Corazón - Corazón

Miriam has been discharged, she is already at home.

Paty 09-03-2008 05:21 AM

Here, in HOLA! Magazine, you can see a photo of Mirian at the outside of the Hospital.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/700...la33453cq0.jpg

She says, that she is going well day by day. And that she will go to visit Kardam when she got the permission of the doctors.
She don´t remember anything about the crahs

giov 09-03-2008 05:50 AM

Thanks for the link Paty:flowers:, but you might have warned: "be prepared to see a monster on the same page"! OMG, the Duchess of Alba!:eek::eek:
Anyways, I am glad Miriam is better. That is more important!

yolandenanji 09-03-2008 11:41 AM

Could you please post a picture of Miriam out of the hospital. I could not see her picture on the link.

Thanks

Paty 09-03-2008 11:56 AM

Is the piture in the left part on the cover.
I´m afraid the the copyright don´t allowed me to post the inside photos, only I can post the cover

Jason R Maier esq 09-03-2008 07:12 PM

!! I'm very shocked to read this . . . hope he pulls through.

I wasn't aware that Prince Guilliame of Luxemborg and his wife were in an accident . . .

I also read that in 1968, Archduke Rudolph of Austria and his wife Xenia were in an accident, and sadly Xenia was killed :(

Paty 09-04-2008 05:46 AM

Photo of Princess Miriam outside the hospital

Galerías de imágenes

Carminha Stalker 09-04-2008 07:42 AM

OMG, the picture of Miriam is proof of the gravity of the accident. I do hope Prince Kardam can recover fully. That poor family.

rominet09 09-04-2008 10:44 AM

Terrible, I wish so much we can get fresh info

LadyFinn 09-04-2008 03:32 PM

Novinite Sofia News Agency/Wife of Bulgaria's Prince Kardam Discharged from Hospital after Heavy Crash

TheTruth 09-04-2008 04:11 PM

Like everyone, I hope he'll be alright. I'm not quite pleased to see a picture of his wife, just leaving from the hospital; I don't think it's something the press had the right to do. But maybe she allowed it, I don't know. However, I don't like the way they always need to get the shot no matter in what state the person is ...

Odette 09-04-2008 04:12 PM

Goodness. I read somewhere that she has no recollection of the accident.
I am so happy he is improving. Something sounded scary because they did not have any updates while she was still in the hospital and I was concerned that once she is dismissed, she may be in the position to make decisions for him.
Hoping he improves and the whole family gets together again.

Chimene 09-04-2008 06:44 PM

It sounds like there's some hope, I'm glad to hear it.

Meg 09-06-2008 11:06 AM

The induced coma is going to be stopped and their hands are not going to be amputated.

El Confidencial Digital - ArtÃ*culo - Los médicos sacan a Kardam de Bulgaria del coma inducido: la anunciada amputación de las manos ha quedado únicamente en la pérdida de dos dedos.

Odette 09-06-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 819864)

Fantastic news. Hopefully Prince Kardam will be fine! Whoever has updates, please post them. It is awful to see a young family suffer in any way.

TLLK 09-06-2008 05:15 PM

I wish him well. I know that this type of recovery can be lengthy.

Marengo 09-07-2008 06:44 AM

Now that is good news. I think prince Guillaume of Luxembourg also seemed to be recovered completely after his traffic accident & coma a few years ago, so...

ChantalC 09-07-2008 03:02 PM

That's a great news! Hopefully, Prince Kardam is getting better!
I saw a pic of his wife, Princess Miriam from Hola magazine that Paty posted. It looked like the car accident was bad but that's a relief that she's okay.

yolandenanji 09-11-2008 01:09 PM

Bulgaria Prince Kardam to Be Taken Out of Artificial Coma: Bulgaria Prince Kardam to Be Taken Out of Artificial Coma

Good news. God is great!

Odette 09-11-2008 01:15 PM

Thank you for the update. Hopefully all will be well when he comes back to....Goodness can you imagine losing two fingers just like that??
I wonder what is her exact condition. Why did they advise her not to visit him yet?

kate2 09-11-2008 03:53 PM

I really hope he will get better. They seem like very nice people and nobody deserves something like this.

lisamaria 09-12-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 822081)
Goodness can you imagine losing two fingers just like that??

Goodness me. He is a doctor, a surgeon, by profession. Must be devastating for him.

Odette 09-12-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamaria (Post 822444)
Goodness me. He is a doctor, a surgeon, by profession. Must be devastating for him.

To this day I cannot understand how such a devastating accident can happen in a residential city street. If this was on the highway or one of the rings around the City, one would think of a blown tire or speeding, sleek roads whatever.......
I just hope he becomes "whole" and goes back to his family soon.

Meg 09-12-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamaria (Post 822444)

He is not a surgeon, his brother Kubrat is. I think he studied Economy. At first doctors said that his hands could be amputated, so after all he is lucky.

Carminha Stalker 09-12-2008 12:27 PM

I´m relieved to know that Prince Kardam is slowly recovering from his awful accident. Given the seriousness of the crash, it´s still a blessing he only lost two fingers. He could have lost both hands or worse, his life.

lisamaria 09-13-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meg (Post 822525)
He is not a surgeon, his brother Kubrat is. I think he studied Economy. At first doctors said that his hands could be amputated, so after all he is lucky.

Lapse of memory - you are definitely right :flowers:

marlene 09-13-2008 10:20 AM

Speaking as a former nurse I don't think it is right that Miriam has not seen her husband yet,She isn't a child and if (god forbid) but something terrible happened and she had never seen him again she might regret it the rest of her life.I realize she might be traumatized from the accident but let me assure you if it was her child who was lying in a hospital bed all this time they wouldn't try to stop her from seeing them.

lucien 09-13-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlene (Post 822988)
Speaking as a former nurse I don't think it is right that Miriam has not seen her husband yet,She isn't a child and if (god forbid) but something terrible happened and she had never seen him again she might regret it the rest of her life.I realize she might be traumatized from the accident but let me assure you if it was her child who was lying in a hospital bed all this time they wouldn't try to stop her from seeing them.

I agree absolutely,no-one forbids anyone to see his/her partner.Ever.

Odette 09-13-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucien (Post 823036)
I agree absolutely,no-one forbids anyone to see his/her partner.Ever.

I was wondering about this a few posts back. It was mentioned that she has no recollection of the accident. Now it was said that the doctors "advised" her not to visit. I wonder if she only lost her short term memory or there is more to it than they let up.....Who actually was allowed to see him so far?
(Fingers crossed)

Marengo 09-19-2008 03:56 AM

According to www.monarchen.nl Princess Miriam has finally been allowed to visit her husband in the hospital!

LadyFinn 09-19-2008 11:19 AM

Novinite Sofia News Agency/Bulgaria Princess Receives Permission to Visit Husband in Hospital
Hola!/ÚLTIMAS NOTICIAS SOBRE EL ESTADO DE SALUD DE KARDAM DE BULGARIA