The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Bulgaria (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f259/)
-   -   Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f259/prince-kardam-seriously-injured-in-madrid-car-accident-august-2008-a-18135.html)

LadyFinn 08-15-2008 12:53 PM

Prince Kardam seriously injured in Madrid car accident, August 2008

If I understand correctly, prince Kardam has been in a traffic accident.
El Mundo/Kardam de Bulgaria, muy grave tras sufrir un accidente en Madrid
He is in critical condition according to this article.

lis 08-15-2008 01:21 PM

What a sad news, I really hope they get well

LadyFinn 08-15-2008 01:28 PM

The news tell that Kardam is seriously injured, he has a severe skull traumatism and will probably need to have his hands amputated. His wife Miriam suffered an elbow fracture and several contusions. Her condition hasn't been released by the sources.
Informativos Telecinco/El príncipe Kardam de Bulgaria, en estado grave tras sufrir un accidente de tráfico

Reuters via Yahoo!/Bulgarian prince seriously injured in car crash

Paty 08-15-2008 01:59 PM

Oh what a terrible news.

Kardam and his wife were injured in a car crash near El Molar town in Madrid province today. Medical sources said Kardan is seriously injured, he has a severe skull traumatism and will probably need to have his hands amputated. Miriam suffered an elbow fracture and several contusions. Her condition hasn't been released by the sources.
EL PRÍNCIPE KARDAM DE BULGARIA Y SU ESPOSA, MIRIAM UNGRÍA, SUFREN UN GRAVE ACCIDENTE DE TRÁFICO

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2008/0...218815359.html

magnik 08-15-2008 02:10 PM

Oh, Dear God

tdarlene 08-15-2008 04:08 PM

I hope their royal highnesses to be well soon.

Nad25 08-15-2008 06:01 PM

I just seen the Hola.com front but sadly i cant read in Spanish though i thought something wasnt right,thats horrible news for the Prince and his wife,i hope they will get through this horrible accident!!!

rominet09 08-15-2008 08:39 PM

Terrible, the kind of accident you never really recover from

LadyFinn 08-16-2008 03:47 AM

Focus Information Agency/Prince Kardam and his wife were injured in a car crash
Spokesman of Saxe-Coburg Gotha family Galya Dicheva confirmed the information about the accident. She told that Prince Kardam has been seriously injured and he had a surgery operation last night.

Paty 08-16-2008 08:59 AM

Queen Margarita and his sons visiting today to Kardan inthe hospital-

Galerías de imágenes

Angelica 08-16-2008 09:11 AM

I just read it in the german ''Bild Zeitung''. It's awful! I don't know much about the Bulgarian Royal Family but what happened is very tragic!!!! I hope everything goes fine for Prince Kardam and his wife!

Warren 08-16-2008 09:19 AM

Another report - in English - from "The Rock of Gibraltar"...

www.the-rock-of-gibraltar.com/Spanish-News The Rock of Gibraltar: Prince Kardam of Bulgaria and his wife in Madrid Car Crash

Odette 08-16-2008 09:21 AM

Awful awful news. The accident of P Guillaume and P Sibylla comes to mind. Hopefully they both survive and get well.

Warren 08-16-2008 09:23 AM

Yes Odette, that was the first thing I thought of. Prince Guillaume was in a critical condition for some time, but pulled through.

Ilary 08-16-2008 10:01 AM

:ohmy:That's awful news, I wish him and his family al the best luck they need, being in a car crash is the worst thing a family coold have

acdc1 08-16-2008 10:19 AM

What horrible news! Hopefully, things will come out all right for him and his wife. My best wishes are to the family. Does he have any children?

GrandDuchess 08-16-2008 10:19 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with Kardam and his family, this is an awful time they are going through :sad: I also thought of Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla and his accident some years ago, I remember so well when pics of him attending some event came just months after he was in hospital and one could never have guessed that it ever happened seeing him, looking so well. I do hope it will be the same with Kardam.

samitude 08-16-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 812177)
What horrible news! Hopefully, things will come out all right for him and his wife. My best wishes are to the family. Does he have any children?

Yes, they have two boys. Prince Boris will be eleven in October and Prince Beltran is nine.

HMTLove23 08-16-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samitude (Post 812178)
Yes, they have two boys. Prince Boris will be eleven in October and Prince Beltran is nine.

were the kids in the car with their parents when the accident happened.

bbb 08-16-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 812177)

one of the articles mentions 2 children. This is so tragic, i hope they have a full and successful recovery. i must say looking at the wreckage of the car it is a miracle anyone survived, their guardian:angel: angels did good work. my best wishes to their loved ones, the waiting is the hardest.:flowers: