The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   The 18th Birthday - 14 July, 1995 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/the-18th-birthday-14-july-1995-a-18.html)

Josefine 11-09-2002 05:36 AM

The 18th Birthday - 14 July, 1995

These are pictures from her coming of age ceremony.
When she turned 18 she was aloud to be head of state when her
father was not in the country.

Josefine 11-09-2002 05:46 AM

I have been looking for the words of the speech she held, but can't find them. Is there someone that have the speech and can post it here?

Emil 11-09-2002 06:17 AM

The speech:

Your Majesties, daddy dear,

Coming of age entails big change for everybody, brining as it does personal responsibility for their actions and for their future. For me as Crown Princess it entails sharing the King's duties to a greater extent andd helping the King an Queen in the important work they are performing on behalf of the country.
I would like to thank my parents for all the support they are givning me in every aspect of my life. This is of great importance to me and will help me to assume with confidence the responsibilities and obligations I have as heir to the Swedish throne.
I will always be loyal to King and Parliament, and I will closely observe the Constitution of Sweden.
Daddy dear - last I should like to express my gratitude for the Order of the Seraphim which I received today. It means a lot to me and will serve as a reminder of my duties towards the King and our country.

The speech recevied a long and warm round of applause. The King and Queen looked especially porud. The King gave Victoria a friendly pat on the arms as a sign of his appreciation.

Josefine 11-09-2002 06:23 AM

thank you

Do you have any more speeches she has held on your computer?

Emil 11-09-2002 06:47 AM

No, this one was from a book of mine called "Det Kungliga Året 1995"

Josefine 02-12-2003 05:03 PM

Do all crown princes/crown princesses have this kind of a ceremony when they turn 18?

Josefine 03-12-2003 07:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Emil@Nov 9th, 2002 - 10:17 am
The speech:

Your Majesties, daddy dear,

Coming of age entails big change for everybody, brining as it does personal responsibility for their actions and for their future. For me as Crown Princess it entails sharing the King's duties to a greater extent andd helping the King an Queen in the important work they are performing on behalf of the country.
I would like to thank my parents for all the support they are givning me in every aspect of my life. This is of great importance to me and will help me to assume with confidence the responsibilities and obligations I have as heir to the Swedish throne.
I will always be loyal to King and Parliament, and I will closely observe the Constitution of Sweden.
Daddy dear - last I should like to express my gratitude for the Order of the Seraphim which I received today. It means a lot to me and will serve as a reminder of my duties towards the King and our country.

The speech recevied a long and warm round of applause. The King and Queen looked especially porud. The King gave Victoria a friendly pat on the arms as a sign of his appreciation.

This speech was it in Swedish or in English?

At New Year 2000 did Victoria make a speech with her mother?

Josefine 03-12-2003 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pictures from polfoto

Josefine 03-12-2003 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pictures from polfoto

Yennie 03-12-2003 12:30 PM

the speech on her 18th birthday was in swedish.

Josefine 05-03-2003 05:43 AM

I have seen Madeleines Coat of Arms, but never Victorias. Does she got one?

Josefine 09-23-2003 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I made this..... Hope you like it

Helen88 09-23-2003 03:16 PM

The queen does look quite proud ;)
But sorry, Madeleine´s dress looks like a curtain somehow... :huh:

hrhcp 09-23-2003 04:47 PM

Quote:

Posted: May 3rd, 2003 - 5:43 am
I have seen Madeleines Coat of Arms, but never Victorias. Does she got one?

The symbol shown at the bottom of
http://www.royalcourt.se/net/Kungl.+Hovsta...gliga+familjen/
Kronprinsessan+Victoria

isn't that a coat of arms?

Josefine 09-23-2003 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think but not sure this is madeleines Coat of Arms and Serafimerorden

Lena 09-23-2003 05:32 PM

@ Josefine
Today I´ve seen in the chit-chat-forum your fanart-work. And I have to say, that that is really great and fantastic(the one in that thread too) . Do you work with art, or do you want to do?

Josefine 09-23-2003 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lena@Sep 23rd, 2003 - 9:32 pm
@ Josefine
Today I´ve seen in the chit-chat-forum your fanart-work. And I have to say, that that is really great and fantastic(the one in that thread too) . Do you work with art, or do you want to do?

Thank you
No I just playing around, but i love it

hrhcp 09-23-2003 05:46 PM

I would think that if Princess Madeleine has a coat of arms then the Crown Princess for sure has a coat of arms.

A question, is Princess Madeleine's coat of arms part of the regalia with her Duchess of ___ appointment?

Josefine 01-21-2004 05:00 AM

and click on the link 18 årsdagen

Video

Josefine 08-21-2004 02:27 PM

I had to delete severaö posts that was with pictures from Corbis that did not show up. I hope that they can be reposted someday

has anyone seen the Video yet what did you think