The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Private visit to the USA: July 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/private-visit-to-the-usa-july-2008-a-17714.html)

Mademoiselle Lilo 07-09-2008 03:01 PM

Private visit to the USA: July 2008

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsea (Post 797099)
Anyone know their holiday plans this summer? Rania is presently in London. Has she already been somewhere with the kids and is on her way back home or are they going on somewhere? They have the Expo next week but are they combining this with a break in Spain?

they left for ISA today
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King departs for USA in a private visit

Adamari 07-09-2008 05:34 PM

Sun Valley Diary: A Peek at the Agenda - Mergers, Acquisitions, Venture Capital, Hedge Funds -- DealBook - New York Times

King Abdullah is the guest speaker at Allen & Company’s annual confab in Sun Valley, Idaho. It said Friday but didn’t give a date.

2008 News Releases and Media Alerts - Aspen Institute

The Aspen Institute will host a special event featuring His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan on Monday, July 21, 2008. The event will take place at 3:00pm at the Greenwald Pavilion on the Institute’s Aspen Meadows Campus.

Meredith Carroll: Meredith Pro Tem | AspenTimes.com

The article says King Abdullah and Queen Rania are guests of honour at a “noble dinner” as part of the Aspen Institute activities, but it doesn’t give a date or time.

Are we sure they are scheduled to attend Expo in Spain on Tuesday?

QueenRaniaFan 07-09-2008 06:12 PM

Anyone heard news of QR and KA coming to the US? Saw a brief blurb about it.

dazzling 07-09-2008 06:44 PM

King Abdullah & Queen Rania's private visit to the USA

King departs for USA in a private visit

...in a several-day private visit during which His Majesty will take part in an economic forum in Idaho State.

Later, His Majesty will participate ..

Article

dazzling 07-13-2008 06:00 AM

Jordan option out of question - King

...At an economic forum in Idaho, attended by Her Majesty Queen Rania and several world political, economic and intellectual figures, the King underlined the centrality of the Palestinian issue and the importance to reach a just solution that ends the Israeli occupation and realises the aspiration of the Palestinians in creating their independent state... (Full Article)

dazzling 07-13-2008 06:14 AM

I've moved the CNN interview posts to the following thread; Queen Rania & King Abdullah: Interviews, Speeches

Adamari 07-13-2008 12:43 PM

It seems the trip to the U.S. is largely a holiday for the couple:

Flop fears loom over Nicolas Sarkozy's grand plan for Mediterranean Union

…Intense lobbying finally convinced everyone except Colonel Muammar Gaddafi of Libya and King Abdullah II of Jordan to attend the three-hour meeting and Paris festivities. The King said that he was on holiday but Colonel Gaddafi poured scorn…

Flop fears loom over Nicolas Sarkozy's grand plan for Mediterranean Union - Times Online

Mademoiselle Lilo 07-14-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 798586)
Jordan option out of question - King

...At an economic forum in Idaho, attended by Her Majesty Queen Rania and several world political, economic and intellectual figures, the King underlined the centrality of the Palestinian issue and the importance to reach a just solution that ends the Israeli occupation and realises the aspiration of the Palestinians in creating their independent state... (Full Article)

No photos for the event???
a little weird don't you think?

Huda 07-18-2008 02:05 PM

Jordan's royal family visits :flowers:
King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein is touring the western United States this week on a motorcycle with his son Prince Hussein, making several stops in Southern Oregon. His stay began with an economic forum in Idaho July 12 followed by what his Web site called a "several-day private visit."
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080718/NEWS/807180323

Mademoiselle Lilo 07-18-2008 02:12 PM

another article
King of Jordan visits Central Oregon - Breaking News Updates from Portland and Oregon - The Oregonian - OregonLive.com
Central Oregon is abuzz over news of a bona fide blue blood in their midst.
King Abdullah Hussein of Jordan arrived in Bend this week to embark on a motorcycle trip through the Pacific Northwest with his family, as first reported in this KVTZ-Channel 21 news clip.

in you're article jordan they said QRania is not with them so where is she??

Amoula 07-18-2008 02:45 PM

" The dinner party tasted Pyramid beers and Rogue Valley wines, including the king's local favorite, Velocity, a red wine from RoxyAnn Winery. King Abdullah insisted waiters leave hors d'oeuvres trays on the table instead of serving."
:eek::eek::eek:
I didn't know he drinks, isn't he a descendant of the Prophet PBUH?

salma 07-18-2008 07:14 PM

King Abdullah and Prince Hussein

http://i34.tinypic.com/25k3i1s.jpg

yamamah 07-19-2008 05:53 AM

When will people 'get it' that the image that Rania and Abdullah like to project is not really who they are or what they do :rolleyes:

dazzling 07-19-2008 05:24 PM

I have deleted a few posts which talked about lifestyles of gulf-royals, King Abdullah drinking etc. This topic is about King Abdullah & Queen Rania’s trip to the U.S and not about lifestyle’s of the royals therefore let’s all get back on topic.
Further off-topic posts will be deleted without notice.

acdc1 07-19-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma (Post 800684)

Amoula I saw pics of King drinking beer.:rolleyes:

I hope they had fun whitewater rafting. That is one of the most enjoyable things to do in the outdoors, IMO. I always go about once a year. Does anyone know where it was?

Veram98 07-19-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 801019)
I hope they had fun whitewater rafting. That is one of the most enjoyable things to do in the outdoors, IMO. I always go about once a year. Does anyone know where it was?

"White water rafting is a must on the to do list while visiting Central Oregon ... King Abdullah the Second of Jordan and his son, Prince Hussein, braved the rapids on the Big Eddy of the Deschutes River."

KOHD - Connecting You -

Jae143 07-21-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma (Post 800684)

is that a tattoo on the king's arm?

salma 07-21-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jae143 (Post 801501)
is that a tattoo on the king's arm?

Yes. Perhaps jordanian flag???:ermm:

Nad25 07-21-2008 02:36 PM

Any pictures of Queen Rania??!! Nice to see the king enjoying himself with his kids ;)

dazzling 07-21-2008 03:23 PM

according to aspentimes.com King Abdullah today will be at the institute's Greenwald Pavilion