The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Picture of the Month, Special Features, Blogs & Articles (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/)
-   -   Favorite Childrens photo poll 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f86/favorite-childrens-photo-poll-2008-a-17686.html)

dazzling 07-07-2008 07:12 AM

Favorite Childrens photo poll 2008

Welcome to the April informal poll
Favorite Childrens photo

These are pictures that have not been seen in past polls.

This month, our Picture of the Month representatives had help in selecting their images with a small committee of their choosing. Below, you can see each royal house's representative (in bold) followed by their chosen committee members. Some individual members also gave their time and effort to choose picture from the non-reigning houses.

Belgium: - Marengo, stephanievl, Johann

Britain: TheTruth- Elspeth, Warren

Brunei/Dubai/Malaysia/Morocco: Humera - Warren

Denmark: GlitteringTiaras - Jessrulz, Princess Robijn

Japan: Dragonsfire8, Vanesa

Jordan: Humera - Little_star, salma

Luxembourg: Jessrulz - grim_lady, kyansaunt20

Monaco: Iceflower - tbhrc, radker18

Norway: Her_Majesty - Kikkib, carlota, Atene, Rhapsody Brat

Spain:

Sweden: Iceflower, Madame Royale, HRH Kerry

The Netherlands: The Watcher, Marengo, Lucien

The poll will be open for three weeks. It will close on 30 July 2008. During these three weeks, we ask that no one state whom they've voted for so as not to influence other members as they make their choices.

Please note that the links in the above poll have been posted in the order in which they were received and do not reflect the opinions of the moderating team.

Enjoy and have fun!:biggrin:

Empress, Mandy & Dazzling

dazzling 07-07-2008 07:32 AM

A.) Monaco

Picture Link
Source: Hola

Big sister's helping hand - Princess Stephanie of Monaco making her first steps at the inner courtyard of the Princely Palace of Monaco in 1965/66, her sister Princess Caroline of Monaco helps her with that.

B.) Sweden

Picture Link
Source : hola

Summer fun - 3-year-old Princess Victoria of Sweden enjoys her summer holidays in Solliden, the summer residence of the Swedish Royal Family, Island Oeland, Sweden, 1981.

C.) Egypt

Picture Link
Source: Flickr

Little Safinaz Zulfikar makes a delightful study in this picture from the early 1920s. She would go on to marry King Faruk at the age of 17 and become Queen Farida of Egypt.

D.) Jordan

Picture Link
Source: dpa

All Aboard! King Abdullah gives his three children, Prince Hussein, Princess Iman (middle) and Princess Salma a piggy-back ride outside his family home at the sea-side resort of Aqaba in 2003.

E.) Morocco

Picture Link
Source: IBL Credit: shrifia

Moroccos little Crown Prince Moulay Hassan is pictured with his father King Muhammad VI in Marrakech in 2004.

F.) Denmark

Picture Link
Source: Image via Mary Messageboard via Polfoto

Princess Margrethe age 2 years old.

G.) Norway

Picture Link
source: Prisma

Prince Sverre Magnus during the Norwegian National Day celebrations in Skaugum, Norway, May 17, 2008.

H.) Luxembourg

Picture Link
Source: Seeger Press

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume receives a hug from younger sister Princess Alexandra in 2002.

I.) Britian

Picture Link
Source: whu.teamhighgrove.com

Prince Harry at Trooping the Colour, June 1988

RhapsodyBrat 07-12-2008 02:22 AM

This poll seems to be largely incomplete with only nine choices up. A lot of royal houses are not represented, not to mention that the criteria for selections is too vague and isn't mentioned at all in the introductory post.

I am a member of a committee and as far I know, with my conversations with our leader, there is no given deadline. So I'm surprised this is already up.

This is just me, but I feel we could still do better.

dazzling 07-12-2008 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat (Post 798292)
This poll seems to be largely incomplete with only nine choices up. A lot of royal houses are not represented, not to mention that the criteria for selections is too vague and isn't mentioned at all in the introductory post.

The reason why many houses are not represented is simply becasue we didnt get anything from them & deadline was clear to all committe leaders

Quote:

I am a member of a committee and as far I know, with my conversations with our leader, there is no given deadline. So I'm surprised this is already up.

This is just me, but I feel we could still do better.
Deadline for official & unofficial poll's was July 4.

If you have any further questions about deadlines etc please feel free to contact either myself, Empress or/& Mandy

LaPlusBelle 07-12-2008 02:19 PM

These are all soooo cute, it's really hard to choose!

shrifia 07-12-2008 02:37 PM

lovely pictures really it's hard to choose,the one of princess victoria is very nice also king abdullah with his children so cute.

Marengo 07-12-2008 04:05 PM

My apologies, I forgot all about the poll and did not get reminded of it either. As the Watcher was away I was supposed to represent the Dutch and Belgian comitee but I forgot all about this poll. Again my apologies.

Vanesa 07-12-2008 07:45 PM

All the pics are adorable. But I'm very sure of my choice. This time I'd no doubt when I must pic just one! ;)

Vanesa.

dazzling 07-13-2008 05:54 AM

Please remember not to mention who you've voted for. You can discuss your choices after the poll is closed.

Enjoy

Her_Majesty 07-31-2008 05:27 PM

The Poll is closed.

Winning picture:

1) Jordan
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/5...a26imantw7.jpg

2) Norway
http://i27.tinypic.com/2lma1sg.jpg

3) Denmark
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...the-ingrid.png

Little_star 08-16-2008 11:00 AM

Thank you to everyone for voted for Jordan! It's nice to win for once!

marmarina 09-06-2008 07:10 AM

my birhtday with prince hashem in 10 june

jcbcode99 09-06-2008 08:40 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE the photo of the King Abdullah with her three children--he is a very strong man indeed!