The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/)
-   -   HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events 26 : July 2008 - Nov.2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f238/hsh-prince-albert-of-monaco-current-events-26-july-2008-nov-2008-a-17684.html)

tbhrc 07-07-2008 05:34 AM

HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events 26 : July 2008 - Nov.2008
 
Welcome to Part 26 of the thread to discuss the current events of HSH Prince Albert of Monaco.
You can find the old thread here:

HSH Prince Albert of Monaco Current Events Part 25

Please have a look at the
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Happy Posting!

iceflower 07-07-2008 12:29 PM

Pic 4.7.2008
 
Last Friday Prince Albert has visited two little girls who have
been operated at the Cardio-Thoracic Center of Monaco. It's
been an humanitarian action initiated on the occasion of the
50th anniversary of Prince Albert II that has made it possible
to operate 20 children from developing countries.

----> Pic

Glistening Seas 07-07-2008 12:39 PM

Glistening Seas
 
:smile: What a marvelous b-day or any day present! Is Monaco starting something new with the Cardio-care unit? Will there be more activities such as this? Whatever the answer to those questions it's really great to see such an interest in doing this kind of thing.

iceflower 07-10-2008 11:56 AM

Pics 10.7.2008
 
Prince Albert of Monaco at the start of the sixth stage of the 95th Tour de
France cycling race between Aigurande and Super-Besse, July 10, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

hibou 07-10-2008 12:21 PM

Does this man ever stay home to govern his country? He is not like the other royals. They do not govern their countries. He does.

Glistening Seas 07-10-2008 12:31 PM

Glistening Seas
 
:smile:h-m-m-m greaaat pics although all of them are mah-velous! number 3 steals the show on these. Soo-o-o great to see them. Lets hope they have good pics of the tour de france competitions. looks like it's very warm out there. So, it's probably a good thing he didn't wear a tie (whew, gasp). Greaat fun and lets see whom wins!:cheers::unicorn:

smdouglas 07-10-2008 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 797519)
Does this man ever stay home to govern his country? He is not like the other royals. They do not govern their countries. He does.

Have you ever taken the time to get acquainted with the government structure in Monaco?

The Prince is closely akin to the Chairman of the Board of a large corporation. He delegates most of his responsibilities. He determines the strategic directions the country should be going and then lets the government take it in those directions. Just take a look at some of the support structures that are in place to make sure the government is running correctly on a day-to-day basis.

Angeline 07-10-2008 05:37 PM

PHOTOS : Le Prince Albert II et Charlene... fans de pop et de rock !

Does SAS PA host this event?
Thx.

hibou 07-10-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smdouglas (Post 797668)
Have you ever taken the time to get acquainted with the government structure in Monaco?

The Prince is closely akin to the Chairman of the Board of a large corporation. He delegates most of his responsibilities. He determines the strategic directions the country should be going and then lets the government take it in those directions. Just take a look at some of the support structures that are in place to make sure the government is running correctly on a day-to-day basis.

Thanks for the info but I have never seen any CEO not at the office as much as he is. Donald Trump may fly all over but he puts in long hours at the office and now he has his kids in the Corp structure as well. There is a difference between delegation and abandonment. Rainier was a very hands on CEO as are most that I either have met or heard of. This does not look like a man in control of his corporation. JMO

Glistening Seas 07-10-2008 11:52 PM

Glistening Seas
 
:smile: h-m-mn We have to remember that with Ranier he stayed in Monaco while sending PA all over creation to take care of what Ranier wanted done. PA did all the leg work on most projects. Taking care of embassys and opening them takes work. Whom was it that once said a true leader is one who knows how to delegate. One person cannot do it all. Since he is not Ranier he has to forge his own relationships with other countries. So, it appears Monaco is in good hands indeed. :popcorn::polarbear:

hibou 07-11-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 797885)
:smile: h-m-mn We have to remember that with Ranier he stayed in Monaco while sending PA all over creation to take care of what Ranier wanted done. PA did all the leg work on most projects. Taking care of embassys and opening them takes work. Whom was it that once said a true leader is one who knows how to delegate. One person cannot do it all. Since he is not Ranier he has to forge his own relationships with other countries. So, it appears Monaco is in good hands indeed. :popcorn::polarbear:

I would like to think that believe me I would, but I have grave doubts especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar. I have more faith in Donald Trump at the moment. Having had a father in public office I am aware of that structure, having dealt with many many CEO's I know how they function and think. They do delegate but not like you would think they do. I have personal knowledge of many CEO's they don't sell a 30% stake in their company if they don't have too. They like control.

I should like to add that your statement proves my point. Rainier delegated to Albert but with control. Albert has not changed that role since he became sovereign.Therefore, Albert has not delegated well it would seem.

Glistening Seas 07-11-2008 12:33 PM

Alabaster Skies
 
:flowers: hibou, Let's see, didn't someone say somewhere that Monaco retains control even though Qatar owns 30%? How do you see that changing the status quo of Monaco? Naturally you are familiar more than most it seems with Monaco then how it changes the landscape of Monaco is what everyone would want to know because no one wants to see Monaco being hindered in growth or expansion as a result of this. So, perhaps it's best to go over how viewers here "see" that particular change affecting Monaco and it's people and most of all it's Soverignty. While we would all agree "blind" faith in one's ruler is not as important as "well informed" faith. So, even though PA is only one person it's sincerely doubtful his sister's would simply allow it without "forcing" PA to think things thru as to how it will affect them and Monaco's, security and well being.

The viewers think of PA family as one whose perceptions and views helps to "keep a proper perspective on things as they go along" so it's why it seems that perhaps maybe people are just not seeing the whole picture here, maybe???
Is this deal "final" are there "options" that can be exercised? please elaborate:prettyplease:

smdouglas 07-11-2008 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 798051)
...especially since he just sold a 30% stake in SBM to the nation of Quatar...

Before we go off starting untrue rumors, why not take a look at the reality of the situation?

Read "Qatari Diar to increase stake in Monaco resort firm" As you can see, a real estate investment firm located in Qatar has offered to purchase shares in SBM. The principality has refused to sell any of its shares (69.6% of the total). Thus, the company is now offering a premium of 31.3% (725 per share) to other shareholders for their shares.

hibou 07-11-2008 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smdouglas (Post 798098)
Before we go off starting untrue rumors, why not take a look at the reality of the situation?

Read "Qatari Diar to increase stake in Monaco resort firm" As you can see, a real estate investment firm located in Qatar has offered to purchase shares in SBM. The principality has refused to sell any of its shares (69.6% of the total). Thus, the company is now offering a premium of 31.3% (725 per share) to other shareholders for their shares.

Thank you for finding this. what I read was that it was a done deal so perhaps it was an attempt at a hostile take over of the stock that failed. I am relieved. I would still prefer that they raise the cash by bonds thus keeping full control of the stakes.

hibou 07-11-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glistening Seas (Post 798083)
:flowers: hibou, Let's see, didn't someone say somewhere that Monaco retains control even though Qatar owns 30%? How do you see that changing the status quo of Monaco? Naturally you are familiar more than most it seems with Monaco then how it changes the landscape of Monaco is what everyone would want to know because no one wants to see Monaco being hindered in growth or expansion as a result of this. So, perhaps it's best to go over how viewers here "see" that particular change affecting Monaco and it's people and most of all it's Soverignty. While we would all agree "blind" faith in one's ruler is not as important as "well informed" faith. So, even though PA is only one person it's sincerely doubtful his sister's would simply allow it without "forcing" PA to think things thru as to how it will affect them and Monaco's, security and well being.

The viewers think of PA family as one whom perceptions and views helps to "keep a proper perspective on things as they go along" so it's why it seems that perhaps maybe people are just not seeing the whole picture here, maybe???
Is this deal "final" are there "options" that can be exercised? please elaborate:prettyplease:

I have elaborated in my post to SM Douglas. I don't have time to view all the news all the time but I do pick up on things like selling shares etc. If I didn't like Monaco I would bother. I just want to see them succeed. But I have not been impressed lately with Albert. I still have great faith in Caroline.

Glistening Seas 07-11-2008 02:31 PM

Glistening Seas
 
:smile:ohhh this sheds light on the subject that was much needed. So, an unsuccessful bid to increase shares on SBM? So it's business as usual, then? Monaco succeeding is something all here would want to see. :monacostandard::unicorn:

smdouglas 07-12-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibou (Post 798101)
Thank you for finding this. what I read was that it was a done deal so perhaps it was an attempt at a hostile take over of the stock that failed. I am relieved. I would still prefer that they raise the cash by bonds thus keeping full control of the stakes.

No problem. I've found over time that the press gets more incorrect than correct. When I have time, I try to get more than one source. The active party in this - potential - transaction is the real estate investment firm...not SBM.

Lakshmi 07-12-2008 02:29 AM

It seems that prince Albert was present not only at opening of Tour de France on 07/10. On that day he was in Grimaldi Forum at Ancient Egypt exhibition and met Egypian first lady.
Monaco Revue -- The celebrity and lifestyle magazine with purpose

Ok article did not state date, but I found another article about this event and it said in was July 10th.

iceflower 07-12-2008 01:40 PM

Lakshmi, you are right, it's been a current event Albert attended.
The caption of the following pics said: Monaco, July 11th 2008:
Prince Albert and Mrs Moubarak are opening the exhibition
"EGYPTIAN QUEENS":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

iceflower 07-13-2008 05:02 PM

Pics 13.7.2008
 
France's President Nicolas Sarkozy and Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak
welcome Prince Albert of Monaco at the start of a EU-Mediterranean
summit in Paris, July 13, 2008. Some 43 heads of state and government
are attending the French-inspired summit intended to revitalize cooperation
between the European Union and Mediterranean countries.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises