The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Germany and Austria (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Princely House von Wrede (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/princely-house-von-wrede-17506.html)

purple_platinum 03-06-2006 11:43 AM

Princely House von Wrede

Fürstin Katharina von Wrede in Weißenburg, Germany
March 6, 2006

http://img105.imagevenue.com/loc24/t...ER00156292.jpghttp://img130.imagevenue.com/loc24/t...ER00156293.jpghttp://img12.imagevenue.com/loc24/th...ER00156297.jpghttp://img141.imagevenue.com/loc24/t...ER00156298.jpg

(from seegerpress)

sjetajiem 02-02-2008 04:29 AM

Fuerst Carl Christian and Fuerstin Katalin von Wrede had their first child, a daughter, Alicia Claire Eugenie Sophie on December 7th 2007.

Marengo 06-21-2008 04:40 PM

Seeger Press visited fürst Carl and fürstin Katharina of Wrede, in their castle in Bavaria.

Some pictures from 29 May 2008:

Fürstin Katharina

The princess & the cow

Fürstin Katharina and her dogs

Behind her desk

Some photos, among them the duke of Bavaria

Fürst Carl

In the living room

The fürst and fürstin together

Marengo 06-21-2008 04:44 PM

Some more pictures, mainly of the castle Sandsee:

Posing in front of the tower of the castle

A well

The castle

A corridor

Bridge & gate

Good view of the castle

Some additional buildings 1

Some additional buildings 2

Next Star 07-30-2008 10:42 PM

Awesome pictures of the princly family and their estates. But is there any other information about this princly family like who is head of the house and who is the heir to the headship or any other members of this princly family ? To anyone who responses to this post thanks in advance.

Odette 07-30-2008 10:50 PM

Isn't P Marie of Wrede the wife of the son of the Duke of Wurtenberg? Is she the daughter of P Carl & P Katharina?

R_Bee 07-30-2008 11:23 PM

The Princess Marie you might be thinking of is actually Princess Marie of Wied (full name: Wilhelmine Friederike Pauline Elisabeth Marie), who is married to Duke Friedrich of Wurttemburg. Here is a link to her family's geneology:Wied

Stefan 07-31-2008 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 805723)
Isn't P Marie of Wrede the wife of the son of the Duke of Wurtenberg? Is she the daughter of P Carl & P Katharina?

Prince Carl and Princess Katharinas have no children together but both have children from previous marriages:

Odette 07-31-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_Bee (Post 805733)
The Princess Marie you might be thinking of is actually Princess Marie of Wied (full name: Wilhelmine Friederike Pauline Elisabeth Marie), who is married to Duke Friedrich of Wurttemburg. Here is a link to her family's geneology:Wied

Thank you so very much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 805757)
Prince CArl and Princess Katharinas have noc children together but both have children from previous marriages:

Thank you Stefan. I was not even in the same family..

Warren 05-26-2009 05:39 AM

Wedding of Erbprinz Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, Coburg, 23 May 2009...

Fürst Carl von Wrede & Fürstin Katalin: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

michelleq 05-26-2009 08:44 AM

Warren:

Thank you for identifying the various German Princes/Princesses' for those of us who did not know, but are learning.

claypoint2 05-28-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 943203)
23 May 2009...

Fürst Carl von Wrede & Fürstin Katalin: [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Warren, I have a question. I thought that the title of Fürst was reserved for the head (the "first") of a family, yet all of the von Wredes appear to be styled "Fürst" or "Fürstin." How come?

I find this family very appealing but confusing, especially because the names and the titles are so similar in both generations. The father is
Fürst Carl, and the son is Fürst Carl. The father's wife is Fürstin Katharina, and the son's wife is Fürstin Katalin. How come the younger pair isn't styled Erbprinz and Erbprinzessin, or simply Prinz and Prinzessin?

Stefan 05-29-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claypoint2 (Post 944724)
Warren, I have a question. I thought that the title of Fürst was reserved for the head (the "first") of a family, yet all of the von Wredes appear to be styled "Fürst" or "Fürstin." How come?

I find this family very appealing but confusing, especially because the names and the titles are so similar in both generations. The father is
Fürst Carl, and the son is Fürst Carl. The father's wife is Fürstin Katharina, and the son's wife is Fürstin Katalin. How come the younger pair isn't styled Erbprinz and Erbprinzessin, or simply Prinz and Prinzessin?

The Wrede Family is one of the rare cases where all are styled Fürst/Fürstin . Actuallay the son's name is Carl Christian.

MAfan 05-29-2009 08:42 AM

Carl Christian is the brother of Archduchess Alexandra of Austria, the wife of Archduke Carl Peter, isn't he?

Warren 05-29-2009 08:51 AM

The Princely House of Wrede is a bit different to most of the Germanic princely families. They don't owe their princely creation to the Holy Roman Emperor (or Emperor of Austria) but to the King of Bavaria. The family made a very rapid ascent: the first title was given in 1791 when Ferdinand Josef von Wrede was created Freiherr (Baron) and his son Carl, a very successful Bavarian military commander, was created Fürst von Wrede in 1814.

Usually such a non-Imperial creation would keep the family out of the "equal marriage" ranks within the Gotha, but the Wredes have proved to be upwardly mobile of late:
• Anna Gabrielle, daughter of Carl, 5th Fürst von Wrede, married Archduke Rudolf of Austria as his second wife in 1971.
• Alexandra, daughter of Carl (-Friedrich), 6th Fürst and sister of Fürst/Erbprinz Carl (-Christian), married Archduke Karl Peter, the eldest son of Rudolf by his first wife, in 1998.

Stefan 05-29-2009 08:56 AM

And to all that the second wife of Fürst Carl was previously married to Prince Wilhelm Ernst of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach. Thus the future head of the Saxe-Weimar Family Prince Georg-Constantin ís a half-brother to Fürst Carl Christian.

MAfan 05-29-2009 09:03 AM

Archduchess Anna Gabriele was also cousin of her late sister in law Archduchess Anna Eugenie, nèe Princess of Arenberg, wife of Archduke Felix and daughter of Furstin Marie Gabrielle von Wrede.

Warren 05-29-2009 09:15 AM

Yes, the Wredes have a Habsburg connection that goes back to the 1920s:
Marie Gabrielle, daughter of Carl (-Philipp), 4th Fürst, married HSH Prince and Duke Robert of Arenberg in 1922.
Their daughter Princess and Duchess Anna-Eugenie married Archduke Felix, 3rd son of the Emperor Karl, in 1952.

MAfan 05-29-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Archduke Felix, 2nd son of the Emperor Karl
Felix is the third son and fourth child of the Emperor, born after Otto, Adelheid and Robert.

Warren 05-29-2009 10:01 AM

I'll correct the error in my Wrede folder. :flowers: