The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Germany and Austria (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Ducal Houses of Schleswig-Holstein (Oldenburg) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/ducal-houses-of-schleswig-holstein-oldenburg-17503.html)

Marengo 06-21-2008 01:50 PM

Ducal Houses of Schleswig-Holstein (Oldenburg)
 
This thread is dedicated to the Ducal Houses of Schleswig-Holstein.
Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg (extinct 1931)
Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg



Arms of the Duchy of Schleswig-Holstein

~ ¤ ~

Founded by Christian, Count of Oldenburg (1426-1481)
Hans, 3rd son of King Christian III of Denmark became Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg in 1582.
His son Alexander (d 1627) was the common ancestor of the two branches of Augustenburg and Glücksburg.

magnik 06-21-2008 02:20 PM

Few links about genealogy
Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg Royal Family

Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg Royal Family

Henri van Oene's Royal Genealogies Page

Marengo 02-17-2009 07:21 AM

According to www.monarchen.nl, Duchess Ingeborg of Sleswig-Holstein will be a guest-teacher at the University of Beijing. She will be one of the first non-Asian women to teach there.

The duchess is the daughter of duke Peter of S-H and Pss Marie-Alix of Schaumburg-Lippe. Her brother Christoph is the present head of the family. Duchess Ingeborg married Nikolaus Broschek in 1991, they have one son together, Alexis Broschek (1995).

HMTLove23 05-07-2009 08:33 AM

princess Barbara of Schleswig-holstein, nee Fertsch died April 28th 2009, she was only 47 years old. she is survived by her husband Prince Alexander and Two children Princess Elena b. 1995 and Prince Julian b. 1997

claypoint2 05-07-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMTLove23 (Post 931949)
princess Barbara of Schleswig-holstein, nee Fertsch died April 28th 2009, she was only 47 years old. she is survived by her husband Prince Alexander and Two children Princess Elena b. 1995 and Prince Julian b. 1997

So very sad, especially given her age and that her children are still young. Had she been ill?

claypoint2 07-10-2010 12:28 AM

Here is a link to the webpage of Prince Alexander of Schleswig-Holstein.

HOLSTEIN : CONSULT | Profil

canadagirl 07-30-2010 01:31 PM

Does anyone have more information, especially photos, of Princess Feodora Adelheid of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg (b. 1874), the daughter of Duke Frederick VIII, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein and Princess Adelheid of Hohenlohe-Langenburg?

CyrilVladisla 03-01-2014 08:15 PM

In the book Buckingham Babylon The Rise and the Fall of the House of Windsor by Peter Fearon, it is mentioned that:

Shortly before the war a suitable German bride for Edward, Prince of Wales, was Princess Caroline Matilda of Schleswig Holstein, who was related distantly to Queen Alexandra and by marriage to the Imperial Family.

The war was the First World War.
Edward was the future Edward VIII.
Princess Karoline Mathilde (Caroline Matilda) of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg was the daughter of Friedrich Ferdinand, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg and Princess Karoline Mathilde of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenberg.

CyrilVladisla 03-01-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadagirl (Post 1118497)
Does anyone have more information, especially photos, of Princess Feodora Adelheid of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenburg (b. 1874), the daughter of Duke Frederick VIII, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein and Princess Adelheid of Hohenlohe-Langenburg?

Princess Feodora was born at Primkenau Castle in Lower Silesia on July 3rd, 1874.
She was given the name of Feodora Adelheid Helene Louise Caroline Pauline Alice Jenny.
Princess Feodora had talent as a painter and as a writer.

MAfan 03-02-2014 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla (Post 1645301)
In the book Buckingham Babylon The Rise and the Fall of the House of Windsor by Peter Fearon, it is mentioned that:

Shortly before the war a suitable German bride for Edward, Prince of Wales, was Princess Caroline Matilda of Schleswig Holstein, who was related distantly to Queen Alexandra and by marriage to the Imperial Family.

The war was the First World War.
Edward was the future Edward VIII.
Princess Karoline Mathilde (Caroline Matilda) of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg was the daughter of Friedrich Ferdinand, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg and Princess Karoline Mathilde of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Augustenberg.

Princess Karoline-Mathilde's father was a first cousin of Queen Alexandra, thus Karoline-Mathilde was a second cousin once removed of Edward VIII.
She eventually married in 1920 to Count Hans Georg zu Solms-Baruth, by whom she had three children. Their eldest daughter, Countess Viktoria Luise zu Solms-Baruth, has briefly been the wife of her first cousin Prince Friedrich Josias of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and was the mother of Prince Andreas, the current Head of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.

CyrilVladisla 03-02-2014 08:04 PM

MAfan, Thank you for explaining that Duke Friedrich Ferdinand was a first cousin of Queen Alexandra.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises