The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/)
-   -   Daniel Westling moves into Drottningholm: June 2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f120/daniel-westling-moves-into-drottningholm-june-2008-a-17482.html)

LadyFinn 06-20-2008 05:21 AM

Daniel Westling moves into Drottningholm: June 2008

Aftonbladet/BEVISET: Nu flyttar Daniel in på slottet
Aftonbladet/HÄR ÄR BEVISEN

Now it is official: Daniel Westling is moving to a new apartment at the Drottningholm Castle estates. The King lets him live there from the first of July. Daniel has made a change of address on the 12th June.
Last Tuesday Daniel made a rental agreement. He will have a two rooms and a kitchen apartment (61 square metres) at the Pagebyggnaden (house used by the servants) beside the castle.
At the first of July he can move in to the beautiful red wooden house with leafy garden.

"It´s going to be more official"
- Everyone has known that Victoria and Daniel have basically lived together for a long time. The difference is this new address of Daniel and that it will be more official that they live together, says the court expert Herman Lindqvist.
- The apartment is too small for Victoria, she lives at a wing in the castle. Daniel has for a long time stayed with Victoria when she is home. This will continue now, the difference is that when Victoria is away Daniel will live at the Pagebyggnaden.
Daniel has made a rental agreement. He will pay a rent of 4868 SEK in a month (about 520 euros).
The rental agreement:
Aftonbladet
Aftonbladet
Aftonbladet
The apartment is just a couple hundred metres away from Victoria´s wing.
At the agreement says that even if Daniel and Victoria will separate, Daniel can stay at his apartment until he dies. He can not change the apartment to another at the castle area. The King can fire off Daniel on three month´s notice, if someone at the Royal Family needs the apartment. In that case Daniel must be offered the same kind of apartment nearby.

The court confirms
- It seems that this agreement is made like that it is good for everyone, says Anita Bigosinska, a lawyer from the Swedish Union of Tenants.
The court confirms the move, but not that it contains that Daniel and Victoria will live together.
- No, Drottningholm is big. He will not live at the castle, he will have an apartment nearby at the castle area. I don´t know then he will move, says Nina Eldh, the informationschef of the Swedish Court.

Jenny Alexandersson´s blog/Svensk Damtidning
Jenny Alexandersson is sure that this means that it will be an engagement soon, the King would have never let Daniel move to the castle area, if Daniel and Victoria wouldn´t be serious with the relationship.

Same story:
Expressen/Nu flyttar Daniel Westling till Drottningholm
Nyhetskanalen/Nu flyttar Daniel till sin Victoria

norwegianne 06-20-2008 09:44 AM

It's kind of looking like something is on the way… possibly an engagement.

It's interesting to note that the apartment will be Daniel's regardless of his situation with Victoria.

Duke of Marmalade 06-20-2008 10:00 AM

They are taking it sloooooowly, one step after another, aren't they ;)
How nice, now they will travel to Stockholm City every morning together :lol: time to make the rest official I'd say. I bet there is an engagement around the corner soon. Finally! If not the King would never have given his OK to such an arrangement.

Lena 06-20-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 789560)
They are taking it sloooooowly, one step after another, aren't they ;)
How nice, now they will travel to Stockholm City every morning together :lol: time to make the rest official I'd say. I bet there is an engagement around the corner soon. Finally! If not the King would never have given his OK to such an arrangement.

I think, that´s what they did already...in the past 3 or so years. Svensk Damtidning´s spies did even illustrate things lyrically...with stories about him stroking her knee, while driving :rolleyes:

I´d also say "engagement" until April...otherwise things would get really ridiculous. And if more programmes and columns like "Ers Kungliga Höghet Westling" would come their start would be a lot more difficult.
But as you have said....they are taking things sloooooowly...and if Westling would hang out there until 2010...walking the dog with her and so on...and so on...I wouldn´t be surprised either...

Thank you for the extended report, LadyFinn

Smilla 06-20-2008 10:50 AM

Good for them!
They are acting very, very sensibly - take their time, make sure the relationship works before they make it "official".
I guess an engagement and marriage are the next big things to happen.

Duke of Marmalade 06-20-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 789582)
and if Westling would hang out there until 2010...walking the dog with her and so on...and so on...I wouldn´t be surprised either...

Haha that cracked me up Lena :lol:
Yes Drottningholm is a big place ... Daniel moving in there doesn't actually mean that they share an apartment ... or even see each other :rolleyes:
You are right, at some point things are getting ridiculous, something must happen within the next year.

Odette 06-20-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 789603)
Haha that cracked me up Lena :lol:
Yes Drottningholm is a big place ... Daniel moving in there doesn't actually mean that they share an apartment ... or even see each other :rolleyes:
You are right, at some point things are getting ridiculous, something must happen within the next year.

I feel something should have been announced already. Unless there are issues no one knows that needed to be addressed, these two should have been engaged by now. Victoria will be 31 in the next few weeks. They have been together for so long and I am sure the King and Queen realised by now that he is here to stay.

PrinceOfCanada 06-20-2008 01:07 PM

Why should they have been engaged by now? People should only get engaged when and if they feel ready to do so. Clearly they do not, and they are taking time to ensure that the relationship is solid before they make the next step. Perhaps they have learned a lesson from the disaster that was Charles and Diana? In Royal circles, an engagement isn't a trial period--breaking one off is a much, much bigger deal than amongst us regular folk.

pamk 06-20-2008 01:14 PM

I bet that an engagement is announced in the Fall - around October or November and then they will get married in the summer of 2009.
It will take that long to set up all of the wedding arrangments.

norwegianne 06-20-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamk (Post 789667)
I bet that an engagement is announced in the Fall - around October or November and then they will get married in the summer of 2009.
It will take that long to set up all of the wedding arrangments.

That was the pattern of Haakon and Mette-Marit when they moved in together. Fall 2000 move in together, December 2000 engagement, August 2001 wedding.

The difference is, of course, that 1) Victoria and Daniel have been together far longer than Haakon and Mette-Marit had and 2) they're not officially living together as Haakon and Mette-Marit did.

Royal Fan 06-20-2008 02:43 PM

So thry arent sharing rooms correct? Somethings up I Got a lil Excited when I Read this.

norwegianne 06-20-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fan (Post 789701)
So thry arent sharing rooms correct? Somethings up I Got a lil Excited when I Read this.

Officially, they're not sharing rooms, no. Daniel has his two room apartment in another building, and Victoria has her own wing of the actual palace.

LadyFinn 06-20-2008 02:56 PM

Daniel and Victoria will live separately. Victoria lives in one wing of the castle, Daniel will live in his apartment at the Page House near the castle at the Drottningholm castle estates.
Hello!/Victoria of Sweden's gym-owner love to move into royal palace
Hola!/Daniel Westling, nuevo residente en el Palacio Real de Suecia

Aftonbladet/Experten: De förlovar sig redan i höst
Catarina Hurtig: Daniel is a good representant for Sweden

Daniel Westling´s move to Drottningholm is historical. The royals have traditionally not moved together before marriage.
- He is a pioneer and soon we will see the engagement, says the court expert Catarina Hurtig.
Daniel´s move to an apartment at the castle estates before he and the crown princess are engaged is very uncommon.

Catarina Hurtig says that royals don´t usually live together before marriage.
- I know just one case. It was when Mette-Marit moved to live with prince Haakon. It caused a big outcry and king Harald had to defend his son. He had to say that he believed that it was going to lead to a wedding to settle the people down.

Because Daniel Westling and the crown princess have already lived together, Catarina Hurtig is sure about his role at the household.
- Cooking isn´t Victoria´s strong skills and so Daniel will make their dinners. But he can have some tips from his future father-in-law.

According to Catarina Hurtig Daniel has all the features that are needed to live together with a royal.
- In Europe the consorts have been a sad collection of depressed gentlemen. They have not coped very well of living in the shadow of a woman. But Daniel is a modern swedish gentleman, who will solve the task.

But what does this move mean? Hurtig is assured that there´s only one answer to the question: the engagement.
- Presumably it will happen already in the autumn. It is earlier than expected and then we will have a summer wedding next year.

Catarina Hurtig believes that Daniel Westling will succeed in winning the popularity amongst the people.
- I remember the first time I met him. It was at a wedding and I said hello when he passed me. Daniel just said "no comments". Today he is secure at his role and an excellent representant for Sweden.

Photo of the house where Daniel shall live

marmi 06-20-2008 05:34 PM

Hello's article

pamk 06-20-2008 07:33 PM

I think that a lot of the Royals agendas are hinging on the Olympics in August --- the royal families all attend and root for thier home country's teams. Many of the royals sit on their country's Olympic Committee and thus are very busy up until and into August.
After the Olympics, I wouldn't be surprised to see the engagements of Daniel & Victoria, Zara and Mike and Albert & Charlene (maybe also Nicolaos & Tatiana?) all announced.

R_Bee 06-20-2008 08:09 PM

I think it sounds like a good deal. Daniel and Victoria get to live close to one another, yet can still keep their own private space at the same time. I am totally expecting to hear about an engagement before the end of the year.

PrinceOfCanada 06-21-2008 01:45 AM

Cooking isn´t Victoria´s strong skills and so Daniel will make their dinners. But he can have some tips from his future father-in-law.

As if they would be cooking their own dinners. Please.

princess leonor 06-21-2008 02:13 AM

Sounds good. All we have to do is wait for the big announcement now!

randomlyKeira 06-21-2008 02:17 AM

I think that's amazing. They should be proud to be modern and being an almost normal couple (practically) living together before marriage. I know they're not exactly in the same house but this is really a big step anyways, because does anyone really believe that they'll stay apart if they're only a few hundred meters apart? I doubt it. They've just twisted the moving-in-together story so that it doesn't embarass the royal family or the couple.

I also expect an engagement soon. And I expect their wedding to be beautiful. Cheers to Danie and Victoria!

LadyFinn 06-21-2008 05:28 AM

El mundo/VICTORIA DE SUECIA Y SU NOVIO VIVIRÁN EN PALACIO
Gala/Daniel zieht nach Drottningholm

Marengo 06-21-2008 06:32 AM

Well, it seems that there is finally some action. First the appearance of Daniel in Denmark and now this. It gives some expectations of an engagement in the near future.
Thanks LadyFin for your elaborate posts on the matter, very interesting. Did any of the magazines or newspapers have a picture of the place where Daniel will be living? Or of Victoria's wing of the palace?

-
Is it obligatory to release these rental contracts in Sweden by the way?

rop81 06-21-2008 09:21 AM

Well finally we´re seeing some signs that an engagement is about to happen. I hope that the engagement will happen this fall, but maybe they will wait over the Nobel, beacuse otherwise Daniel would make his debute there wouldn´t he? But let´s all hope that it will FINALLY happen this fall and a wedding in june 2009, i have waited soo long for this now and i can´t stand to wait another year...

Lena 06-21-2008 11:19 AM

Yes, probably he would attend the NPA with the Royal family. But IMO this is not soooo much of a task...as many relatives of laureates aren´t used to such things either. Besides we wouldn´t get a detailed description, what they had talked about at the table...and at the ceremony he just needs to sit there and look interested (and even the RF isn´t always a pro in that ;))
Somehow I am thinking, that duties like the king´s birthday (waving and all) or the National day (more waving, shaking hands, posing...) or trips through the country are a little more complicated for Daniel than a NPA...that he can wear white tie, we have seen and since he mostly eats in noble restaurants, he could probably also fill his stomach at the NPA banquett the Royal civilised way ;)
V&D go unusual ways...so I´d say every engagement date from September to May is possible (as I still stick with a summer wedding)

Pics of Westling´s new apartment (house)
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2728/7733321nb4.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: huset667034arp4.jpg

Victoria apartment encircled + an other aerial pic
ImageShack - Hosting :: slottpg4.jpg
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4720/dholmol3.jpg

Type in "Drottningholm" + choose "flygfoto" and you can see more aerial photos. Quite a nice place to live IMO
Eniro kartor visar adresser & vägen till företag & personer

grevinnan 06-21-2008 01:04 PM

There was an article in one of the Swedish newspapers today about the struggle for Daniel to become accepted and about Victoria's support and her decision to stand by him no matter what. Daniel has gone through a lenghty "education" to become her consort. There may be some similarities here between Daniel and Victoria and King and Queen. When Carl Gustaf became King there were widespread speculation that the monarchy would not survive. He was seen as a playboy, not very bright and most likely not able to take over after his very respected and loved grandfather. He surprised everyone with his first speech as the new king but he was still very insecure and not very "kingly". Silvia was seen as the person that helped him in becoming more secure and instilling a sense of royal family around him. She was apparently very intelligent and very capable in taking on the role as his queen. Yet she was not "royal" enough for many royal houses at the time yet she eventually became one of the most regal queens. Victoria would have seen the dynamic of a very supportive and loving mother/spouse and also her father supporting his non-royal spouse/queen. Victoria probably did not hesitate to stay with Daniel once she decided he was the life companion she wanted even though his back ground was so different and "unacceptable". Although her parents situation was different the dynamic between husband and wife in their personal and intimate lives does not differ because you are royal. I believe the inclusion of Silvia and Daniel - both "non-royal" has and will continue to strengthen the royal family in Sweden. Daniel will most likely take over many of the interests Prince Bertil was involved in - sports and the out-of-doors and nature. The things that are closest to most Swede's hearts.

Odette 06-21-2008 01:18 PM

Forgive me but I do not understand why the Royal Palace had to announce that Daniel rented a pied a terre from the King. Supposedly from what I read he is a very succesful businessman with his gyms. He must have had a nice place to live in.
I can understand Daniel's hesitation to being front and center and having the media scrutinize and criticise his every move. However neither one of them is getting younger, they know each other for years. Why don't they announce the engagement now and get married in September? CG announced his engagement in February and the wedding was in June..........

grevinnan 06-21-2008 01:20 PM

The Royal Palace did not announce. These documents are public and journalists probably are monitoring everything that goes on around the royal family. The Royal Palace simply acknowledged what was already public.

Odette 06-21-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grevinnan (Post 790079)
The Royal Palace did not announce. These documents are public and journalists probably are monitoring everything that goes on around the royal family. The Royal Palace simply acknowledged what was already public.

That makes more sense to me now.

Lena 06-21-2008 01:40 PM

But it´s though quite interesting, that they had detected this news so fast (the contract was signed 3 days before!) :rolleyes: I mean we are talking about the Swedish press...those are these days mainly copying foreign agency news or news from local newspapers. Surely the public system in Sweden makes it easy to do some research, but it´s still amazing, that they had found it so fast. Esp. if we consider, that Aftonbladet doesn´t have a regular Royal reporter at the moment :rolleyes:
I´d not be surprised, if the court wouldn´t have followed strictly the principle of secrecy in this case :rolleyes:
After all there has been some criticism on Daniel (&Emma &Jonas) "lying" about their prinicipal residence (as they would spend much more time with their partners) And the king giving a life-long right of abode to Daniel is good PR for the man, who is often said to not like his daughter´s boyfriend :rolleyes:
I´d also not be surprised, if Daniel wouldn´t pay...or better said would pay, but would get the money back...

Odette 06-21-2008 01:51 PM

Then the cynical part of me would suggest that perhaps the Palace "leaked" the information to get some feedback about how the Swedes would accept this. In any case, Daniel is getting closer.....
As Queen Sofia had said once, Parents fight their childrens' choices if they disagree with them but once it is a done deal they must do all they can to preserve the unity of the couple.

Lena 06-21-2008 02:16 PM

IMO Sofia´s statement would totally fit Silvia.
As soon as the deal would be clear, she would surely do everything to promote the idea of an unity and of "grandma Silvia" ;)
IMO one can compare Silvia and Daniel in the aspect of being "unsuitable" by the standards of their time. But one can´t compare their educations for the Royal job and their attitude.
One could think Silvia was bred and raised for the job "Queen". She grew up in a various cultures. She was always interested in fashion and elegant appearances. She was studying several languages. She was meeting VIPs. She was like Daniel discreet in the dating time, but at the same time always friendly (words + body language)
And if you ask me, she knows her value (she is sometimes a bit cocky in interviews) and the differences to Daniel. But at least she can´t deny, that he had tried his best and probably would try it even more in the future. So probably she would accept him as member of the firm (with grinding teeth though)...and if she would accept it, hubby would surely follow...

Marengo 06-21-2008 02:27 PM

Thanks for those pictures Lena, the house looks very nice indeed but to live so close to your in-laws might be far from ideal for many ;). The article said he rented two rooms and a kitchen so I suppose the house is split & he shares it with the staff?

Is it expected that Victoria keeps on living in the place she has now or are there some empty villa's or small palaces left for her? Maybe the one of Princess Sibilla (or does princess Christina live there now?).

rop81 06-21-2008 05:00 PM

There are quite a few places where Victoria and Daniel can live. There are a couple of royal palaces to choose from, like Tullgarn, Ulriksdal. The haga palace where the king grew up is not that likely i think - the goverment use that now for housing guests. They could always move in to an apartment in the Royal palace in the city but i doub´t that they want to live there - there is not any real gardens and the palace is partly open for public and they will have their offices there so maybe they don´t want to live and work at the same place. I belive that they will live at Drottningholm - atleast when they get children - and that the King and Queen will move out. But first we must have an wedding...

norwegianne 06-21-2008 07:07 PM

Note: As we've been waiting for Victoria's marriage for a long time, we do have a thread for discussion of where Victoria may be living after she gets married: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...age-16302.html

Let's try to keep this one to the actual topic :flowers:

grevinnan 06-21-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odette (Post 790095)
Then the cynical part of me would suggest that perhaps the Palace "leaked" the information to get some feedback about how the Swedes would accept this. In any case, Daniel is getting closer.....
As Queen Sofia had said once, Parents fight their childrens' choices if they disagree with them but once it is a done deal they must do all they can to preserve the unity of the couple.

No need to leak anything. Sweden has a failproof system of keeping track of where everyone lives and the records are public. If you live anywhere else besides where you are "written" the big brother will find you - even if you are living with the crown princess.

rominet09 06-22-2008 05:18 AM

I really think it is to see Swedes reaction, in short test the water

carlota 06-22-2008 05:44 AM

that's great! it sounds like an engagement is on the way... :)

ruthieviews 06-22-2008 04:17 PM

ruthieviews

It may be that moving Daniel Westling to Drottningholm will solve several problems. It will allow them to spend time together without intrusion by the press. It will also improve the security situation. Having a boyfriend who has an apartment in the city and spends time at her place when she is in town, creates a difficult security problem for them. It is worse when she spends time at his place. With both of them living on the grounds of Drottningholm, it will reduce these problems considerably. CP Victoria seems to appear every week at some sort of function. Unlike many other countries, the Swedish people are very protective of the Royal Family, but seem to give them a lot of privacy and freedom in their personal lives. Unfortunately, there are many terrorists in the world today who consider all government officials and royals fair game.

One question. Do future consorts have to divest themselves of all businesses and financial connections before marrying? If they do, it is a heavy burden on the intended consort. Many royals have businesses, investments, and money producing enterprises that they have cleverly developed over the years. Is it fair to ask them to just dump everything and become a pauper in order to marry someone destined for the throne. The fact that Daniel Westling is expanding his fitness empire and is a partner in a huge development in Brazil, could be the reason they have not married. He stands to make millions in the near future. Maybe they plan to wait until he can cash out in the millions instead of right now.

Lena 06-22-2008 05:14 PM

But until he would cash out the millions, even the last egg have his girlfriend would have shrinked down ;)
I don´t see a problem in being a prince and doing investment projects as this in Brazil...after all the king does also act in the world of business and investment...

kaydura0717 06-24-2008 12:59 AM

I don't see the big deal about5 it either but apparently it could be taken as a conflict of interest.

marmi 06-24-2008 05:08 PM

Well, I dont know how the new living arangements/possible engagement will effect his participation in the business world, but there is one thing I have an opinion on...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 789976)
Well, it seems that there is finally some action. First the appearance of Daniel in Denmark and now this. It gives some expectations of an engagement in the near future.

As soon as I heard that he was moving in I assumed that there would be an engagement announced at some time, probably before the end of the year. I mean, we live in a modern society, but I do not think that TM'ies would have allowed an arrangement like this otherwise.

I guess it just my opinion and that only time will tell tho...

Aurora810 06-24-2008 07:35 PM

Well, call me old fashioned but I wish there was some sort of an engagment announcement before such an arrangement was established. However, maybe this is good for Daniel to really see Victoria's life in a different perspective. Maybe he can see if he can live like royalty or not. Once and for all.

I'm not really sure what to think. In a way, I'm thinking the way the media is presenting: they are now more officially living together. But in another way, I feel like this is all being made out to be more then it really is. None of us know the exact feelings on either side or the exact reasoning behind this new arrangement.

Odette 06-24-2008 10:27 PM

The latest Point De Vue to arrive here has a large section devoted to those couples who have been forever "engaged" One of them is Victoria and Daniel and it also mentions that neither Madeleine nor Carl Philip can marry until Victoria does.
Once upon a time royals were keeping their romances under wraps and surprised everyone. Nowdays we are privy to all the nuances of these relationships and it adds one more "common" touch to the magic. Six years in my view are enough for anyone to know whether they want to marry or move on. JMO

Al_bina 06-24-2008 10:38 PM

It is a really great news. I have been glad to see Mr. Westling accompanying Crown Princess Victoria in Denmark. I hope that the events will unfold faster from now on. I mean that an engagement and wedding are not far off.

Lena 06-25-2008 08:24 AM

Quote:

However, maybe this is good for Daniel to really see Victoria's life in a different perspective. Maybe he can see if he can live like royalty or not. Once and for all.
But it´s no secret, that Daniel had stayed at Victoria´s Drottningholm pavillion/apartment most of the time before.
Some even claim, that he just did this move to please the public authorities (who had said on an earlier question by the press, that ppl should be honest about the place, where they really live) and would just store his furniture in the new apartment (which is quite "public"...so easy to photograph), while he would go on to live with Victoria.

Quote:

One of them is Victoria and Daniel and it also mentions that neither Madeleine nor Carl Philip can marry until Victoria does.
A few weeks ago Emma Pernald was asked, if this would be true and she said, that it wouldn´t. Her answer seems logically to me...there is no such tradition in Royal houses. And if you feel ready, then you feel ready and don´t look at your siblings...

Quote:

Once upon a time royals were keeping their romances under wraps and surprised everyone. Nowdays we are privy to all the nuances of these relationships and it adds one more "common" touch to the magic. Six years in my view are enough for anyone to know whether they want to marry or move on. JMO
Agreed. Royal mags babble all the time about protocol...and that this&that would never be allowed for Royals...and though those young Royals establish every new week new own rules.

Jo of Palatine 06-25-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 789712)
Daniel and Victoria will live separately. Victoria lives in one wing of the castle, Daniel will live in his apartment at the Page House near the castle at the Drottningholm castle estates.

Sounds to me as if Daniel now has his own sphere including office and the possibility to see his own private friends at Drottningholm which he probably will keep even after marriage while he's moving in with Victoria. A kind of alibi-flat which gives him privacy and his own place.

Franz 06-25-2008 03:21 PM

Daniel stayed at CP Victorias Drottningholm appartment most of the time before

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 791278)
But it´s no secret, that Daniel had stayed at Victoria´s Drottningholm pavillion/apartment most of the time before.

I came to the conclusion that this is an invention. I think that Daniel Westling didnt stay at CP Victorias Drottningholm pavillion/appartment most of the time before.

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.(Westlings flytt – en nyhet för Reinfeldt | Nyheter | Aftonbladet ).

The only real source for this (Daniel had stayed at Victoria´s Drottningholm pavillion/apartment most of the time before), as far as I can see, is Jenny Alexandersson - a journalist from Svensk Damtidning.

Source: Ålandstidningen följer kronprinsessan Victorias dag - Ålandstidningen

Scroll down to 12.32 (time)

Klockan 12:32 Jenny Alexandersson från Svensk Damtidning berättar: Victoria bor officiellt ensam i Sjöflygeln, två rum o kök, på Drottningholms slott. Men Daniel Westling är där mest hela tiden. Han är helt accepterad av kungen o drottningen.

12.32 (time): Jenny Alexandersson from Svensk Damtidning explains:
Victoria lives official alone in "Sjöflygeln" (Sea-tract), two rooms and kitchen, in Drottningholm palace. But Daniel Westling is there "most all the time". He is fully accepted of the king and the queen.

This is the only real source I found.

Sorry, but phrases like "it is well known", "everybody says" and so on are no real source. For example journalist Herman Lindquist "all have known that" (BEVISEN: Nu flyttar Victoria och Daniel ihop | Nyheter | Aftonbladet) - the prime minister didn't know that.

rop81 06-25-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franz (Post 791473)
I came to the conclusion that this is an invention. I think that Daniel Westling didnt stay at CP Victorias Drottningholm pavillion/appartment most of the time before.

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.

Why do you think that the prime minister would know if Daniel would have "lived" with Victoria? It´s not like that Victoria would call Fredrik Reinfeldt and say "just for your information Daniel lives with me - secretly" ;). The prime minister would only get involved when Victoria and Daniel gets engaged.

I certainly belives that he have lived quite alot with Victoria and vice versa but mostly he with her, and i think that almost all people in Sweden would agree with me - I mean why would they be any different (in private) then the rest of us?

Odette 06-25-2008 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 791278)

A few weeks ago Emma Pernald was asked, if this would be true and she said, that it wouldn´t. Her answer seems logically to me...there is no such tradition in Royal houses. And if you feel ready, then you feel ready and don´t look at your siblings...

I was relaying what Point De vue was saying. I doubt there are rules about it but as a deferrence to the future queen and their ages, it may be true somehow.

Agreed. Royal mags babble all the time about protocol...and that this&that would never be allowed for Royals...and though those young Royals establish every new week new own rules.

Mags bubble, royals pose, papparazzi click we keep watching and debating and the world goes round and round! To me, it is sad that what used to be the norm for the Hollywood startlets became norm for the royals.......

Odette 06-25-2008 04:32 PM

[quote=rop81;791490][quote=Franz;791473]I came to the conclusion that this is an invention. I think that Daniel Westling didnt stay at CP Victorias Drottningholm pavillion/appartment most of the time before.

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.
Quote:

Why do you think that the prime minister would know if Daniel would have "lived" with Victoria? It´s not like that Victoria would call Fredrik Reinfeldt and say "just for your information Daniel lives with me - secretly" ;). The prime minister would only get involved when Victoria and Daniel gets engaged.

I certainly belives that he have lived quite alot with Victoria and vice versa but mostly he with her, and i think that almost all people in Sweden would agree with me - I mean why would they be any different (in private) then the rest of us?
MAGIC WORD: In private........Alas, the dirty linen is being washed in the public square these days and nothing that should be, is private any more......

norwegianne 06-25-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franz (Post 791473)

Why? Because the swedish prime minister Fredrik Reinfeldt would know about that and he doesnt.(Westlings flytt – en nyhet för Reinfeldt | Nyheter | Aftonbladet ).

Why would he know if Victoria and her boyfriend were unofficially living together? It's not an issue of his, until the point where they get official and need the permission of the government.

As I read the article you're linking to, it has nothing to do with what Reinfeldt knows about Victoria and Daniel's previous unofficial living arrangements, but what he knows about their present ones, and if that could lead into their future ones. He hasn't been informed of the fact that Daniel is moving into Drottningholm - and the journalists speculate in whether or not his lack of knowledge will make the road towards the wedding a longer one...

Lena 06-25-2008 06:08 PM

Yes, why should the PM know about Victoria´s private life?
Daniel, Victoria and Herr&Fru Reinfeldt aren´t sharing one blanket at night (I hope ;))
She could tell him things at private dinners or he could read them in the newspapers, but that would be it.
It´s in no way a matter for the PM, who (or who not) would be a private guest of the crown princess.
And now this move is also nothing, he needs to rubber-stamp. In general the king can choose, whoever he wants as leaser.

I´ve actually also not understood, why Reinfeldt not knowing about the move would indicate, that there wouldn´t be a wedding "soon". He had stayed quite vague. So if he would know something about an engagement, he didn´t reveal it directly.
But even if he indeed would not know anything...accepting a person like Westling, so with a clean record, should be a minor formal thing.
This could easily happen within the next month (what I am doubting as I am sure V&D wanna enjoy their summer vacation without being the filler for the media´s boring "vacation season")
If it would take superlong to get an engagement at the government through, Letizia&Felipe would have never engaged so early...

And it wasn´t only Jenny Alexandersson, who was reporting, that Daniel would stay a lot at Drottningholm. This was firstly news in the daily newspapers (more than a year ago)
And up from that time many "car sightings" with Victoria&Daniel aboard going from Drottningholm to the city and vice versa were reported.
If it was now "most" of the time...so always, when she was in Stockholm...can´t be said...I give you that.
But alone for secrecy and privacy reasons, it´s likely, that they had spent more time at her place than at his.
And that they didn´t spend nights together we aren´t assuming, or are we ;)

grevinnan 06-25-2008 07:12 PM

And that they didn´t spend nights together we aren´t assuming, or are we ;)
Heaven forbid - oh no!

LadyFinn 09-10-2008 12:19 PM

Jenny Alexandersson about Daniel´s living arrangements, also in english
Jennys kungliga blogg/Svensk Damtidning

Franz 09-11-2008 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 821595)
Jenny Alexandersson about Daniel´s living arrangements, also in english
Jennys kungliga blogg/Svensk Damtidning

Sorry, but "en av Daniels grannar från Banérgatan" / "one of Daniel's naighbours from Banér-Street" is no real source.

As well as "för honom/henne var det självklart att" / "for he/she was it taken for grant that".

(Sorry, its just what we've learned at the University and during the journalist education: find and check the source of information)

Franz 09-14-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franz (Post 821924)
Sorry, but "en av Daniels grannar från Banérgatan" / "one of Daniel's naighbours from Banér-Street" is no real source.

As well as "för honom/henne var det självklart att" / "for he/she was it taken for grant that".

(Sorry, its just what we've learned at the University and during the journalist education: find and check the source of information)

Neighbours, not naighbours. Come on, mods, I cant edit my post #54.

Next Star 09-16-2008 12:11 AM

I know I am late but such wonderful news about Daniel and Victoria living close together.I hope to see or atleast hear about a royal wedding in the near future.

rop81 09-16-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Star (Post 824208)
I hope I to see or altleast hear about a royal wedding in the near future.

You´re not alone in this wish... :rolleyes:

Next Star 09-16-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rop81 (Post 824586)
You´re not alone in this wish... :rolleyes:

I know I see espically since your Swedish and Victoria is your nation's heir.The monarchy will continue with her being she is future queen. I am happy their showing people that are serious about their relationship Daniel and Victoria.

Josefine 02-25-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Next Star (Post 824208)
I know I am late but such wonderful news about Daniel and Victoria living close together.I hope to see or atleast hear about a royal wedding in the near future.

not near future but a wedding 2010

i wonder if they are the first royal couple to live togather before and during the engagment period...

Royal Fan 02-27-2009 12:12 PM

I Brelive Crown Prince Haakon lived with Mette Marit before marriage.