The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/)
-   -   Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f103/queen-rania-romours-about-cosmetic-surgery-1739.html)

Shalu 07-12-2003 12:57 AM

Queen Rania - romours about Cosmetic Surgery

Hey everyone,

This is my first post but I've been reading the messages for awhile. Thanks for all the great pics. Anyway I had a question about QR- Does anyone know if she had cosmetic surgery of any kind? I was looking at early pics of her and they are sooooo different from the pics now. Her face has changed quite a bit... is this just natural as she has gotten older or due to changes in weight or do you think she had work done? If so, what kind of work?

Thanks.

Shalu.

http://pro.corbis.com/images/waterma...297993-020.jpg

http://pro.corbis.com/images/waterma...383669-016.jpg

almahboubah 07-12-2003 07:54 AM

The picture at the top is a very old one and QR was PREGNANT . So, naturally she looks different-hormones and stuff...
I don't think she has had any cosmetic surgery.

Alexandria 07-12-2003 10:28 AM

I agree, I think Rania has lost a lot of weight from when she first joined the royal family and it seems more like she's had a make over rather than cosmetic surgery. I noticed from the first picture to the second Rania has thinned her eyebrows a bit more, wears lighter coloured eyeshadow and her hair colour is different for example.

And of course times and fashion and makeup styles change, too, all to make us look better and younger even when we are older! :P

Shalu 07-12-2003 10:36 AM

Thanks,

Yea, that's probably the case (weight loss, makeover) but I think I remember somewhere that she may have had her nose done right after her engagement but I'm not sure exactly where or if it was a reputable source. I remember seeing pics of Rania where her nose was wider than it is now. I'll see if I can find them.

Shalu.

Aisha 07-12-2003 03:15 PM

Shame on you, Shalu, for spreading undocumented rumors about Queen Rania. Better watch out or "Queen" Julia and "The Community" will delete your messages.

Shalu 07-12-2003 03:55 PM

Aisha,

I am NOT as you say, spreading rumors about QR... I am simply asking your opinions about something I had heard. If you do not wish to contribute, that's fine but I am in no way alleging that she had any plastic surgery but just find it interesting how much she has transformed herself... be it thru weight loss, makeup, hair OR if you are so inclined to believe, surgery. That's all.

I myself did write that I do not know that it was a reputable source that claimed this and had hoped that we are all mature enough to realize that as well as the fact that QR herself is human and if she feels that she wanted to change herself for whatever reason, it's her choice and not for us to make character judgements.

Anyway, I don't want to get off to a bad start so I'm sorry if any of my posts offended anyone. Also, I'm new to this board so if you could please inform me who is "Queen Julia" is, that would be great.

Shalu.

nicole 07-14-2003 02:51 PM

Shalu,

I also wondered about whether Rania had anything done to her face b/c she looks so different even from when she first became queen. So I've looked at old pictures and more recent pictures of her and what I think happened is that she has so much more money to spend on the right clothes, make-up and hair. She's also lost A LOT of weight. In Amman for a while they thought she was anorexic--I think it must be really difficult to be in front of the camera being judged by everyone so I think she felt like she had to loose an immense amount of weight even thought she had a perfect figure when she first became queen.

Also you have to remember is that now she has A LOT more money to spend on clothes and the best hair and make-up. When she was a princess their income was limited unlike now. I'm sure you can agree w/ me that the right out fit, hair and make-up can transform even the less attractive--look at Celin Dion for instance. Luckily for Rania is that she's very attractive to begin with.

I'm really happy that you asked that question b/c I've been wanting to discuss it w/ someone.

Nicole

almahboubah 07-15-2003 12:31 PM

queen rania's pretty now

almahboubah 07-15-2003 12:38 PM

I'm not sure about VERY pretty to begin with....but she's certainly very pretty now and that's because of the designer clothing and top hair-stylists and make-up artists.
Queen Rania is certainly thin and I must admit that when I saw pictures of her when she was in Italy receiving an award a few months ago, she looked very worryingly skinny....though she looks a lot healthier now.

shannen26 07-18-2003 12:56 PM

Aisha,

we all know what kind of lies , and I won't add more, u were trying to spread, I just wonder why and who are u.

Fireweaver 07-20-2003 01:06 PM

Actually, it's a valid question as it has been rumored that like Queen Noor, that Queen Raina had gotten a nose job.

nicole 07-20-2003 09:28 PM

Queen Noor not only has gotten a nose job but she also has had and continues to have work done on her lips.

Shasta 07-21-2003 10:49 PM

I'm glad you brought up the subject of Queen Noor's lips -- I saw her on Larry King and couldn't stop staring. Her lips look so weird! She is such a beautiful woman and she's started to have the unreal look of Melanie Griffith.

Yea, I'd say Rania and Noor both had nose jobs. Doesn't make them bad people...just two women who wanted to have more photogenic noses. I think even the most average nose can look too big when you see it on the cover of a magazine.

Noses I can understand. The lips just look odd.

Yennie 08-28-2003 05:40 PM

Aisha, she was just stating her opinion. Its up to you, and the rest of us!, to belive it or not

Bubbette 11-06-2003 11:02 AM

I think there is a picture somewhere on this board of Rania pre marriage. It does look like her nose was thinned a little bit, just like Noor's was. They both had great surgeons--I'd love to know who did it in case I get some!

Humera 11-24-2003 02:48 AM

This story's two years old and I dont know if it's been discussed on this forum before, but i just had to post this article:

Jeweller to make gold shoes fit for a queen

An Indian jeweller has been hired to make golden shoes for Jordan's Queen Rania Al-Abdullah.

The Calcutta jeweller, who wants to remain anonymous, has been asked to make two pairs of 22 carat gold shoes.

Each pair will weigh 750 grams and will be embellished with diamonds and topaz.

The Bengali daily newspaper Anandabazar Patrika reports the jeweller said: "The queen used to get her shoes designed in Peshawar but they were not made of pure gold, only gold threads were used on the leather.

"The shoes she wants now will be made from pure gold without leather or foam."

The newspaper says Jordanian officials had reportedly paid an advance of 34,468 for the job and the remainder, "a substantial amount of money", will be paid after delivery.

The jeweller says he has imported three kilograms of gold from London to be used in the making of the shoes over the next two months.

Story filed: 18:19 Thursday 20th December 2001 (Ananova)

Humera 11-24-2003 03:00 AM

what i dont get is why she would indulge in something so frivolous
I've read interviews in which she's said that it didnt make sense for her to buy a new tiara when she was only going to wear it a few times and could just borrow it from her sister-in-law.
I personally haven't seen her wearing these gold shoes.
I was wondering if some of you know whether this story's true or not.
If it is, i personally would've preferred her buying a new tiara..atleast its useful on state visits and other such occasions.

Banadoora 11-24-2003 03:05 AM

I've never heard of this story before. I'd be surprised if it were true. Why would she borrow a tiara for the coronation and buy gold shoes later on? It doesn't make any sense to me. :unsure:

Sean.~ 11-24-2003 03:51 AM

deleted by author.

Sean.~ 11-24-2003 03:58 AM

deleted