The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Infanta Cristina, Iņaki Urdangarín and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/)
-   -   Queen Cristina! (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/queen-cristina-1737.html)

kittygirlie 07-06-2010 06:50 AM

Princess cristina and her husband inaki are great, the would be very good as queen und prince but that wonīt happen because elena comes first... Moreover I think they are soo happy as a family because the arenīt in the front row of die Spanish royal house.;)

Carminha Stalker 07-06-2010 07:45 AM

Iīd be biased here, because I do like very much Infanta Cristina and her family, a sentiment I donīt feel for Letizia. I am not Spanish, but I have read a lot of comments in sites and blogs of people who dislike intensely Letizia and explain why they feel that way.
Yes, I think Cristina would be a wonderful Queen, so would Elena!!!!

Kotroman 07-06-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pegassuss2525 (Post 69823)
Inaki won't have the title of King. If Christina ever comes to the throne, she will be Queen but her husband will be Prince Consort.

That's according to the current laws. In Spain, husbands of queens regnant have always been kings consort. Isabel II's husband was a king. Changing that tradition to suit other European monarchy's protocol was a bad idea, in my opinion. Queen Cristina and King Inaki sounds so much better and so much more natural than Queen Cristina and Prince Inaki :smile:

Monna 07-06-2010 08:34 AM

Like it or not, Letizia will be the next Queen of Spain. And even if Felipe (for some reason I don`t want to imagine) couldn`t become king, Leonor would be queen. There is no possibility of Cristina or Elena on the throne. And I don`t think they would do a better job than Felipe and Letizia.

Lumutqueen 07-06-2010 09:40 AM

I do love Infanta Christina, but I don't think Felipe made a bad choice in choosing Letizia and I think the family will make a wonderful future monarchy.

Anyway for Infanta Christina to be Queen, she has to bypass 6 people.

julia garcia roch 07-06-2010 12:38 PM

Felipe and Letizia

To me Felipe and Letizia are a young royal couple that represent what modern Spain is today. I admire Letizia for being educated, strong and intelligent woman. I think her only flaw is how thin she is and that is a physical problem she has to overcome. Elena and Cristina are Infantas of Spain, neither one of them are suited for ruling. I do not think they are articulate or strong enough to lead a country. Both Infantas work ocassioanally in their royal duties. Elena is much more involved, but what does Cristina do as an Infanta of Spain? Her duties are few. Cristina is skiing with her children, going to the beach or riding her bike? I do not see her as leading by example in times of economic crisis. To me Cristina and Iņaki are a handsome couple with an adorable family.
In regards to Letizia's past, it is HER LIFE. Letizia has always been described by her former teachers as independent bright and hard working. That is the type of woman that should be REINA DE ESPANA/QUEEN OF SPAIN. ĄVIVAN LETIZIA Y FELIPE, FUTUROS REYES DE ESPANA!

!:king::queen::spainflag2:

donnaK 07-06-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meac (Post 1102131)
She looks like a Queen.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3...aespana02a.jpg
From hola.com

She ranked the lowest, but grabbed the grandest tiara LOL :cool:. Quite an attention seeking behavior. She is not as well prepared as her brother to be the head of state of Spain. I'm sure she can make a good queen consort, wonder if she regrets that she hadn't married Phillipe of Belgium who was very interested before.

Lindy 07-06-2010 02:58 PM

Letizia is a very hardworking princess. Her duties pale in comparison to any other crown princess. She has really devoted herself to serving Spain. She appears to be a very loving wife and mother. I know some don't like Letizia but I feel that they are jealous because she is a strong and competent woman. I think the thing that hurts the SRF is the apparent ill will between Letizia and the Infantas.

Al_bina 07-06-2010 03:27 PM

I for one avoid stating that Infanta Elena and Infanta Christina will not be able to be an effective Queen Regnant. We do not know what kind of Queens they would have made because it will never happen. Yes, they might be not prepared as Crown Prince Felipe is because they knew that their brother is the Heir Presumptive and his wife will be the next Queen. Thus, both Infantas step back. Thus, I find all assertions about Infantas not devoting enough time to Spain groundless.
When it comes to Infanta Christina, she is the least likely to inherit the throne.

ClaudiaE 07-06-2010 04:21 PM

:winkiss:
Quote:

Originally Posted by meac (Post 1102131)
She looks like a Queen.
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3...aespana02a.jpg
From hola.com

Yeap. But you have to pick a better picture because in this one she looks terrible.:biggrin:
I genuinly like Christina but this choice of tiara was wrong. All the wedding I had the impression that tiara worn her not otherwise.:confused:
About the King/Queen thing, my two cents: Felipe will be a better King than Cristina and definitively, definitively, Queen Consort Letizia will be better than King Consort (or whatever) Inaki. :winkiss:
IMO of course:flowers:

madeleine victoria 07-31-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnaK (Post 1107565)
I'm sure she can make a good queen consort, wonder if she regrets that she hadn't married Phillipe of Belgium who was very interested before.

Really? I don't know this story? Was Philippe of Belgium really interested in Cristina before?

White Princess 07-31-2010 01:12 AM

Yes, Cristina was said to be queen consort of Belgium, just like the prince's aunt, Queen Fabiola. But Cristina prefered to marry for love instead of being queen consort.

My opinian: Cristina has a great and beautiful family, but she is shiny like this because she does not have some duties like the crown princes. I do love Letizia and I am completely sure she'll be a great queen consort and will reign for many and many years. :)

DukeOfAster 11-20-2011 10:33 AM

I say let her be happy and be a simple Duchess. It takes years of training to be ready to be a King or Queen as the ruler it's self and then to help a spouse to get ready is another passage. I am thrilled that Will and Kate we are able to be simple Will and Kate before moving on to a much bigger stage. They will do the training yet have a sort of simple time. Let Cristina have the simple life without the worries. We still get to see her happy carefree smile.

ClaudiaE 12-12-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaudiaE (Post 1107619)
:winkiss:

Yeap. But you have to pick a better picture because in this one she looks terrible.:biggrin:
I genuinly like Christina but this choice of tiara was wrong. All the wedding I had the impression that tiara worn her not otherwise.:confused:
About the King/Queen thing, my two cents: Felipe will be a better King than Cristina and definitively, definitively, Queen Consort Letizia will be better than King Consort (or whatever) Inaki. :winkiss:
IMO of course:flowers:

It seems my instinct was wright. It would be very hard for Cristina to be Queen of Spain with her husband in jail. And even he will not go to jail the Royal Spanish Family was very affected by his not very smart actions. And Cristina was behind him all the way. So... I just hope Felipe and Letizia will get trough this and their hard work for SRF will not be in vain and Felipe will be the next King.

ANNIE_S 03-25-2013 10:38 AM

Sorry for bringing this old thread out again, but I hadnīt seen it before and it has been amazing reading it after all what has happened lately.

Itīs very funny!... OK, no, actually itīs quite sad :ermm:

But this thread has been an interesting reading for me for many reasons. It has confirmed to me a though that Iīve had for some time now: Cristina always was overrated (also for me, because I used to like her a lot...)

Duke of Marmalade 03-25-2013 01:55 PM

I've always thought that Elena would have made a great Queen, but Cristina, no way, even before the mess.

princess gertrude 03-25-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1531949)
Sorry for bringing this old thread out again, but I hadnīt seen it before and it has been amazing reading it after all what has happened lately.

Itīs very funny!... OK, no, actually itīs quite sad :ermm:

But this thread has been an interesting reading for me for many reasons. It has confirmed to me a though that Iīve had for some time now: Cristina always was overrated (also for me, because I used to like her a lot...)

Thinking about it now, I too overrated Christina in the beginning and underrated Elena. Not so much now. That's for sure. I've always loved F & L, not so much Elena until recently.

donnaK 03-27-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1532013)
I've always thought that Elena would have made a great Queen, but Cristina, no way, even before the mess.

It's not like Elena didn't want to be rich, she was a few years too late, lucky for her. Cristina was intelligent and hard working, Elena was not. If Cristina were the heiress, she might not get into this mess because she didn't need to. The bar would be set a lot higher for the Queen regent, I never got the impression that Elena liked to work that hard, had any interest at politics or foreign relation.

HRHHermione 03-27-2013 02:18 AM

This thread is funny in a sad way now. I'd never seen it before either.

Amazing that so many people viewed Letizia negatively in the beginning. She's really been pretty fantastic in her role and her distance from Cristina and Inaki may well be what saves the monarchy.

An Ard Ri 03-27-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade (Post 1532013)

I'd agree with you there,but would Elena want to be Queen without a consort.